PDA

View Full Version : kill your grizzled critters plz

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 06:01 AM
[bigshot]>northeast
[Blighted Forest, Treetop]
High in the branches of the oak, the thick growth of limbs, intersecting and crossing, offers an easy passageway between the trees. The boughs are wide and easily traversed. Far below, a dizzy chasm bordered by the narrow ledge of an overlook is occasionally visible through breaks in the dense foliage. You also see a grizzled black forest ogre.
Obvious paths: south, southwest
>
[bigshot]>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
You notice that things have returned to their normal speed.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
[bigshot]>cast at #19622091
You gesture at a grizzled black forest ogre.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a grizzled black forest ogre! The ogre manages to get out of the way!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
A grizzled black forest ogre swings a rust-covered dhara at you!
AS: +352 vs DS: +440 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +81 = +22
A clean miss.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a grizzled black forest ogre! The ogre manages to get out of the way!
>
[bigshot]>sign of wracking
You shudder as your life force is torn and reshaped!
You feel drained!
>
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +10 = -16
A clean miss.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a grizzled black forest ogre! One of the thorns jabs into the ogre!
... hits for 3 points of damage!
... 5 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the right leg.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
The Almighty Father just arrived.
>
The Almighty Father just went southwest.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +30 = +4
A clean miss.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a grizzled black forest ogre! One of the thorns jabs into the ogre!
... hits for 14 points of damage!
... 5 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the left leg.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
[LNet]-GSIV:Turmin: "zelia is the best :) random every time"
Wait 3 sec.
>
You don't have a spell prepared!
>
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>
[LNet]-GSIV:Turmin: "oops"
[bigshot]>prep 616

>
Wait 3 sec.
>
>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +75 = +49
A clean miss.
>
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
>
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the black forest ogre!
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 2 sec.
>
[Roll result: 170 (open d100: 82)]
A grizzled black forest ogre raises her heel high, bringing it down solidly on your foot!
You howl in pain, hopping around and clutching your foot!

Roundtime: 11 sec.
R>
[bigshot]>prep 616
...wait 11 seconds.
R>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +57 = +31
A clean miss.
R>
[bigshot]>prep 616
A black forest viper slithers in.
R>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +71 = +45
A clean miss.
>
Your spell is ready.
>
>

>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

... hits for 14 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the left leg.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 3 sec.
>
AS: +352 vs DS: +407 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +99 = +73
A clean miss.
>
A black forest viper's fangs glisten as it tries to bite you!
AS: +330 vs DS: +357 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +99 = +107
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Quick feint to your right foot.
Little extra damage.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Wait 1 sec.
>
[bigshot]>prep 616
Your spell is ready.
>
>

... hits for 9 points of damage!
... 5 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the right leg.

...YEAH....

BriarFox
09-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Knowing that 616 is highly level-based and almost useless at 5+ levels, and that grizzled critters spawn at 5 levels over the base, why would you use 616? Also, why keep casting it when it didn't work the first 10 times?

Bobmuhthol
09-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Because he was using a script that he didn't author.

There are a few solutions: come up with a better kill pattern, tell your script to ignore any NPC with "grizzled" in its name, or start hunting manually. Complaining that there was a mob you couldn't kill with a poorly planned automated system is not one of your options.

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 09:04 AM
yeah i put it to ignore

just thought it was funny

5 levels over base? very interesting.

its ok - my script rested at numbed, by the time i went back out it wasn't even there. just thought it was amusing when i found it in my log.

bigshot ran for 2000 minutes and then right when i plop down at the comp that happens lol. its ok, usually when that happens and i sit down for the first time i die randomly.

btw i was easily spiking ogres at level 54 and I think they're 59 or 60? and i have NO summoning lore and had only 41 ranger spells at the time

BriarFox
09-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Because he was using a script that he didn't author.

There are a few solutions: come up with a better kill pattern, tell your script to ignore any NPC with "grizzled" in its name, or start hunting manually. Complaining that there was a mob you couldn't kill with a poorly planned automated system is not one of your options.

Forest ogre(b), hunting routine(b) = 616 target(m16)(x2), hide, aim head, ambush target(x3), 607 target(m7), hide, aim right leg, ambush target(x2), aim head, hide, ambush target

Deathravin
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Grizzled critters are treated specially with my guys. It was very likely one of my grizzled's that you were fighting (I think we have 2-3 guys in ogres atm).

If my guys are fighting a grizzled and another mob comes in, they will flee (depending on whether their settings say how many mobs they can take at once), depending on the very likely chance that in hunting there they will eventually come upon the grizzled again (or that one of my other characters or another character from the general population) and eventually kill it.

I do not apologize for this, as it is the nature of scripts and is the most logical course of action for grizzled critters for maximum xp/hr and has served my characters quite well.

You have a few options:
1) Just as my sorcerer doesn't attempt to stun grizzled's nor should your scripts try maneuver attacks against them.
2) Don't hunt anywhere that you can't kill the grizzled's.
3) Don't stop to kill grizzled (either until you can or until you get a bounty to do so).
4) Don't attempt the same spell against a mob over and over again if it's not working. Example, my paladin will 1605? I dunno, some 1600 spell, then feint, then ambush for the head... If the feint fails, he doesn't keep trying it... My ranger does a 616 before each kill. If it fails, he, likewise, doesn't keep trying it... One of my empaths will 212 or something before kills... again, he doesn't continue on failures.
(In case you're curious I don't know what they do cause I'm not their masters. Their masters will tweak their scripts which then come to me via a Windows Live Sync connection, and is updated automatically during the next hunt).

Don't blame me for your scripts shortcomings. Assume there will be assorted grizzled in your hunting areas and plan accordingly.

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 09:12 AM
its ok i just thought it was interesting

Deathravin
09-05-2010, 09:18 AM
its ok i just thought it was interesting

Lets be honest here. You were frustrated with your script doing something for a long period of time that perhaps ended in your death. I would be frustrated too. You felt at the time that the most logical course of action was to ensure everybody killed their own grizzled.

No harm, no foul.

However, in a game such as this, you have to have logical and thought out plans for as many contingencies as possible, as many things are not in your control.

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
i think i lost 50 exp from it.. it ran me back numbed instead of fried. i just thought it was hilarious that spike owns ogres so hard but the grizzled it was like toothpick-thorn rather than spike thorn lol.

LETS NOT OVERTHINK THIS!!! <3

p.s. you sound like you're in an analytical mood.. check out my new thread in the politics section.. has an interesting article from the University of Ottowa on the International Drug Trade

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 09:57 AM
i don't even do bounties lol.. just keeping it simple with bigshot. it's gotten me to level 57 so why change it.. although I WOULD like the bounty points. might spend this week figuring out sbounty.

i figure there's so much that can go wrong with it - i see a lot of the other scripting newbs like myself posting constant problems. I can't even pick up silvers/gems because of the risk of not getting my weapon out or getting killed, etc. so i've been bare bonesing it for a while.

Sam
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
LETS NOT OVERTHINK THIS!!! <3

If you didn't mean to sound whiny and frustrated, you should have chosen a better title for this thread.

IorakeWarhammer
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM
yeah omg i just cant get over it!!!! <CRUMPLE INTO HEAP OF SADNESS AND DESPAIR!!>

AMUSED1
09-05-2010, 11:35 PM
i don't even do bounties lol.. just keeping it simple with bigshot. it's gotten me to level 57 so why change it.. although I WOULD like the bounty points. might spend this week figuring out sbounty.

i figure there's so much that can go wrong with it - i see a lot of the other scripting newbs like myself posting constant problems. I can't even pick up silvers/gems because of the risk of not getting my weapon out or getting killed, etc. so i've been bare bonesing it for a while.

You've been playing for HOW LONG and still don't know you don't have to put your weapon away to pick up silvers? Wow. Just wow.

IorakeWarhammer
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
dude - people drop 30k in my room and then i die. so silvers are out.

Deathravin
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
[Blighted Forest, Approach]
You notice a grizzled black forest ogre, a grizzled black forest ogre and a grizzled black forest ogre.
Obvious paths: north, south

OK, now that's funny.

IorakeWarhammer
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
omg u serious.. i bet im dead