PDA

View Full Version : This is like pr0n to me

Anebriated
09-04-2010, 11:29 AM
So I went to the Temple vs Villanova football game yesterday, opening weekend, Mayors Cup, North Philly school vs the rich uppity kids of the burbs. First off it was a great game, Nova took the lead with like 2 minutes left and Temple came back and hit a game winning field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock. Man I love football season....

The real story was the tailgating though. We showed up at the stadium at 11 AM only to find out that the gates wont open until noon. Kinda sucked but whatever we set up our chairs and grabbed a few beers and started pregaming the tailgate. The first guy in line to get in the gate(we were second and third) had a rather interesting trailer behind his truck. It was a huge portable meat smoker. We start talking and trading little tricks and recipes and become kinda good friends. Turns out hes doing the tailgate for the Temple board of directors... he invites us over to come hang out and try some of his babyback ribs and we had some of our own that we had been cooking so we traded but it was just a fun fun day. Oh and there was a Phillies game going on across the street which we won 1-0 :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs599.snc4/57977_415815921593_508541593_4768019_4733344_n.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/Kyrthos/meat.jpg

Gnome Rage
09-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Mm. Babyback ribs, fuck abrosia... ribs.

Bobmuhthol
09-04-2010, 11:55 AM
There are people who give a shit about college football?

Sean of the Thread
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM

It's only like the greatest sporting season of the year...

Gnome Rage
09-04-2010, 12:02 PM
My school doesn't even have a football team... Fucking title IX

Anebriated
09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
My school doesn't even have a football team... Fucking title IX

That sucks. I mean our team hasnt been that good and we only play in the MAC but its still a lot of fun to tailgate the games. My season tickets are right behind Bernard Pierce's mom and hes being mentioned for the heisman(granted its early)... kinda cool

IorakeWarhammer
09-04-2010, 12:39 PM
dude i could slap some desi-style blackened salmon on there or even a butter and pepper chutney marinated sirloin.. plz plz! (IN DELAWARE!!)

Gnome Rage
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
That sucks. I mean our team hasnt been that good and we only play in the MAC but its still a lot of fun to tailgate the games. My season tickets are right behind Bernard Pierce's mom and hes being mentioned for the heisman(granted its early)... kinda cool

We have a rugby "club". Thats the closest we've got. I guess we have basketball too... Still hardcore fail

Anebriated
09-04-2010, 01:26 PM
heh so I didnt even realize it but we didnt win 25-24 instead we won 31-24 because Nova tried the stupid last second lateral and pray play... after they lateralled the ball forward twice(and the refs didnt blow the play dead) we picked the next attempt and ran it back to the house. At first they didnt count it but they must have overturned it at some point. Either way we won.

Ryvicke
09-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Damn this reminds me of college. How cold does it get in Philly? Man we used to get up so early on Saturdays in like -10 Minnesota hell and cook eggs in a bag and burgers and crap. Good times even though the Minnesota Golden Gophers are the most disappointing Big 10 football program there is. My friends are still doing it. I really need to move back there.

Thug Life
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Mm. Babyback ribs, fuck abrosia... ribs.

Damn bitch wax your eyebrows

Anebriated
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Its been pretty cold before. I was at the Eagles 49ers game last season after it snowed 20"+ the day/night before. We lucked out having the seats in front of the handicap platform that had heaters under it. 1st row on the second level it was perfect. Also was at a Temple game 2 years ago vs UConn where it was hurricane conditions for the game but it was played in full. We were knee deep in water in the stands sitting front row because only students showed so we just took whatever seats we wanted. The tailgate wasnt that rainy, it was mostly just the game where it poured from start to finish.

Gnome Rage
09-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Damn bitch wax your eyebrows

This made me laugh really hard - because I do need to get them waxed again.

- On topic.

I feel like if we had a football team I would actually care a lot more about college football. Basketball bores me, I don't want to watch it.

Tyrath
09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I started my undergrad at Syracuse right when they started getting really bad. Before they had Donovan McNabb! Now they suck big time. Oh well, at least our basketball team was and still is awesome.

Bobmuhthol
09-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Your team is also named after a color.

And I have 3 credits and a 4.0 GPA at Syracuse so we're like brothers.

phantasm
09-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Why is Steven Raichlen grilling for you?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/Kyrthos/meat.jpg

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0018/1F/91/1F91C78A2E5D1375676ED0_Large.jpg

Alfster
09-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Until you've been to a brewers or packers game, you've never really tailgated.

Tyrath
09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Your team is also named after a color.

And I have 3 credits and a 4.0 GPA at Syracuse so we're like brothers.

Impressive! I never had a 4.0, so you beat me there. And actually, we were named after men who are that color (much more relevant), until we got a way too politically correct chancellor who forced us to be named after only a color. The girls' team was called Orangewomen, not Orangemen, so I didn't really see what the problem was.

Anebriated
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I feel like if we had a football team I would actually care a lot more about college football. Basketball bores me, I don't want to watch it.

We actually have a pretty good basketball team at Temple, has always been our best sport(go figure basketball is big in north Philly...)

For some reason I just picture the US Womens Soccer commercial from a few years ago when they have "Anything you can do I can do better" in the background when you say that. Have you ever even been to a tailgate for a Phillies or Eagles game? While I dont doubt that Brewers or Packer tailgates are good its still a "I have nothing better to add so Im going to try and top you" kind of response.

Gnome Rage
09-05-2010, 12:30 PM
We actually have a pretty good basketball team at Temple, has always been our best sport(go figure basketball is big in north Philly...)

I once knew a kid that went to temple; he never shut up about the sports. I guess UConn is our big sports team school in CT.

RichardCranium
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM

This is all kinds of lulz.

Paradii
09-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Until you've been to a brewers or packers game, you've never really wasted an afternoon.

Fixed

Ceyrin
09-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Until you've been to a brewers or packers game, you've never really frozen your balls off for nothing.

Double-fixed. =)

Alfster
09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
For some reason I just picture the US Womens Soccer commercial from a few years ago when they have "Anything you can do I can do better" in the background when you say that. Have you ever even been to a tailgate for a Phillies or Eagles game? While I dont doubt that Brewers or Packer tailgates are good its still a "I have nothing better to add so Im going to try and top you" kind of response.

Yup, for the Phillies.

Does. Not. Compare.

Warriorbird
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM

I didn't really get it until I saw SEC games. It is like a religion.

Also, for the record. Badger tailgating > way above anything Packers.

Rimalon
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm a Temple grad.

Awesome to hear you were at the game; I was working highschool football games instead, but was getting frequent updates.

ROLL OWLS!

Hilariously, Temple's most successful sporting team is actually men's gymnastics. Look that shit up. WE BALL ABOVE ALL! On the pommel horse.

Alfster
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I didn't really get it until I saw SEC games. It is like a religion.

Also, for the record. Badger tailgating > way above anything Packers.

For me most of my Badger tailgating was at the 7 am parties nearish the stadium.

Haven't been there since I've been 21. The girlfriend's parents live 2 blocks from Lambeau Field and that shit is crazy.

Sean of the Thread
09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I dunno I kind of vote the best college tailgating other than a few bowl games is THE WORLD'S LARGEST COCKTAIL PARTY! every year.

Talk about chaos.