PDA

View Full Version : New Marlu Visionary

Nostradamus
08-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok guys I have spoke to some marlu members and Necen on Lnet . I explained I do not want anyone to quit like Calidus, Cthulu.(I know some of you harbor harsh feelings still) Necen agreed that all of you would leave these players alone and I am asking you to leave these players alone.

Lets let it permanently die here. They are behind levels and really should not have to quit. I think hard lessons were learned.

The old marlu was dissolved and some of us want to plan something new.
We need you guys to let us do that successfully.

So Marlu members or just anyone who is interested in doing so, I am suggesting we have a meeting of some sort at a table to hash this out. You name the time and I will be there. If you are willing please confirm here.

My idea would be for us to have some services we can offer there like healing, elementals, rangerlies and things like that which can support each other. Perhaps maybe even a big friggin group hunt were we are all awake.

Necen and others if I am not mistaken have expressed interest in doing something together as a group of players as well. This is just an idea. I am not Marlu's leader but just trying to see what we can do as a group.

Edit- Maybe we should change the name of the group as well? Any ideas? How but I would like to see us actually do something concrete instead of talking about it.
If a Gm if listening I would like to get 5 championship Gladiator Belts or something like that for the winner of these tournaments -Great Idea Portu

Cthulu
08-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Ok guys I have spoke to some marlu members and Necen on Lnet . I explained I do not want anyone to quit like Calidus, Cthulu.(I know some of you harbor harsh feelings still) Necen agreed that all of you would leave these players alone and I am asking you to leave these players alone.

Lets let it permanently die here. They are behind levels and really should not have to quit. I think hard lessons were learned.

The old marlu was dissolved and some of us want to plan something new.
We need you guys to let us do that successfully.

So Marlu members or just anyone who is interested in doing so, I am suggesting we have a meeting of some sort at a table to hash this out. You name the time and I will be there. If you are willing please confirm here.

My idea would be for us to have some services we can offer there like healing, elementals, rangerlies and things like that which can support each other. Perhaps maybe even a big friggin group hunt were we are all awake.

Necen and others if I am not mistaken have expressed interest in doing something together as a group of players as well. This is just an idea. I am not Marlu's leader but just trying to see what we can do as a group.

wut?

Nostradamus
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM

wut?

Yeah we talked on line Calidus and everyone on open chat about you being able to play as Cthulu and Calidus as calidus and have your characters being left alone. Necen agreed.

Then we spoke about creating something new more concrete as a group of non griefers. You in? lets meet up everyone so we can chat or do it in AIM or marlu spy chat ;)

IorakeWarhammer
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
^ ignore the dolt

This sounds cool. If Mordie logs back in I won't own him. Give them a chance hehe.

Nostradamus
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
^ ignore the dolt

This sounds cool. If Mordie logs back in I won't own him. Give them a chance hehe.

Dude thats exactly what i am saying. Lets have the past die and rewind the clock and give everyone a chance.

BriarFox
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
If you want a fresh start, I'm not going to stop you. Don't be boring, though. If the Black Wolves ever start up in Shattered, I'm killing all of them.

RaneCV
08-24-2010, 10:50 PM
NO WAI

If we start something new up, I want to make a trade of some sort.

We'll give you guys ____ for ____?

Who is it going to be?!

Liagala
08-24-2010, 10:50 PM
We said from the beginning that Vanguard's goal was the dissolution of Marlu, and an end to the griefing. There may have been moments when we were angry and talked about pushing further than that, but I don't think any of us actually meant it when we cooled off later. The two goals have been accomplished. I think we're done here. I don't see any need to keep bothering former Marlu members, assuming they continue to not bother other people.

Liagala
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
NO WAI

Who is it going to be?!

Also, this. Mix the teams up and go at it again. I'd love that.

Cthulu
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah we talked on line Calidus and everyone on open chat about you being able to play as Cthulu and Calidus as calidus and have your characters being left alone. Necen agreed.

Then we spoke about creating something new more concrete as a group of non griefers. You in? lets meet up everyone so we can chat or do it in AIM or marlu spy chat ;)

Do you have me confused for someone else? Why would I want to waste more time with my supreme retardation of playing a warrior?

As for the harassment - what harassment... the only person whose killed me is Jaeden, and not even very often. He's just still a little sore because I out-islam'ed him.

RaneCV
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Also, this. Mix the teams up and go at it again. I'd love that.

I was 50% kidding because I didn't anyone would go for it, but if this could actually be done validly I would think that was amazing.

Nostradamus
08-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Do you have me confused for someone else? Why would I want to waste more time with my supreme retardation of playing a warrior?

As for the harassment - what harassment... the only person whose killed me is Jaeden, and not even very often. He's just still a little sore because I out-islam'ed him.

LOL so dude is everyone still cool then? Mord coming back?. Is table services going to be put in so all marlu members have access? Need someone to lead the pack. Cel was willing to set up a table for the healing and such and Nostra can do healing and spells also. as my sorc levels i am willing to set up for elementals? What do you think imput is good and I thought you wanted to keep playing Cthulu... shrug...

Donquix
08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
NO WAI

Who is it going to be?!

"Nice thick thighs, no felonies...she definitely would have been a great pickup"

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=162807&title=the-racial-draft

Cthulu
08-24-2010, 11:02 PM
LOL so dude is everyone still cool then? Mord coming back?. Is table services going to be put in so all marlu members have access? Need someone to lead the pack. Cel was willing to set up a table for the healing and such and Nostra can do healing and spells also. as my sorc levels i am willing to set up for elementals? What do you think imput is good and I thought you wanted to keep playing Cthulu... shrug...

Dude I dont know or care. I've got 21 days till my ass is deployed. Whatever. I'll be playing, yes. The bearhugging monster of terror I once was? No.

Shattered Dreamer
08-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Dude I dont know or care. I've got 21 days till my ass is deployed. Whatever. I'll be playing, yes. The bearhugging monster of terror I once was? No.

Be safe!

and dear god someone please do something fun in shattered. Count me in plz.

Nostradamus
08-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Be safe!

and dear god someone please do something fun in shattered. Count me in plz.

Im not the leader type. If mord isnt coming back, then someone, madmountain, cervina or whoever wants to step up should organize something for our whole group to benefit everyone and I would as well as I am sure alot of others be way interested.
Hell between marlu and vanguard services can be setup all over the place if you guys really wanted it to be. Some weekly pvp tournaments wouldnt hurt either im sure to keep it working.

=) id donate a few million silvers for prizes as i am sure a few others would. Shit 2012 is right around the corner.... shivers

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Not that it really matters either way, but I don't think that the people such as Madam, Cervina, and Someone, or the others who were in Marlu for the PvP type stuff, would want to join a group whose sole purpose seemed to be spelling people up and occasional group hunts. Yeah, sounds like Black Wolves to me. Or Clan Snar.

The problem with Shattered is that no matter how much organizing and conspiring and rallying you do, everyone is still afk most of the time. I appreciate the desire to have a group thing, and there are probably a lot of people who would join a Clan Snar kind of thing, I just don't think you will be able to launch it from any kind of Marlu base. You just need to start fresh.

Marlu's gone, sweet-tits. Now give daddy some sugar.

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Not that it really matters either way, but I don't think that the people such as Madam, Cervina, and Someone, or the others who were in Marlu for the PvP type stuff, would want to join a group whose sole purpose seemed to be spelling people up and occasional group hunts. Yeah, sounds like Black Wolves to me. Or Clan Snar.

The problem with Shattered is that no matter how much organizing and conspiring and rallying you do, everyone is still afk most of the time. I appreciate the desire to have a group thing, and there are probably a lot of people who would join a Clan Snar kind of thing, I just don't think you will be able to launch it from any kind of Marlu base. You just need to start fresh.

Yeah, so i guess what I am trying to communicate that i think would work and not doing so well at obviously.
Not looking for a pansy happy day club that will spell everyone up and play footsie. Like snar and wolves.

Even when you are afk as you go higher in levels it will be much more difficult to hunt and level self casted(areas that are unburstable mostly) and an empath can benefit to heal a group of people who are hunting higher areas. Casting i am meaning to be done more like in between hunts you can spell each other up while AFK (scripts can be created). Locksmith will learn afk between hunts.
Or those groups can set up MA hunts AFK with scripts. Then once in a week have a lil tournament or something which anyone can join for silvers entrance fee for some PvP once a week. Winner takes all.

100k entrance fee and every 10 chars in is 1million silvers or something like that.

I can tell this probally isn't going to well in the direction I was hoping for so probally nothing will come of it. Just an idea that I thought would be fun. Doesnt have to be a Marlu thing or vanguard thing.

Even if everyone just goes there seperate ways atleast I think a weekly tournament with an entry fee winner takes all would be fun.

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, so i guess what I am trying to communicate that i think would work and not doing so well at obviously.
Not looking for a pansy happy day club that will spell everyone up and play footsie. Like snar and wolves.

Even when you are afk as you go higher in levels it will be much more difficult to hunt and level self casted(areas that are unburstable mostly) and an empath can benefit to heal a group of people who are hunting higher areas. Casting i am meaning to be done more like in between hunts you can spell each other up while AFK (scripts can be created). Locksmith will learn afk between hunts.
Or those groups can set up MA hunts AFK with scripts. Then once in a week have a lil tournament or something which anyone can join for silvers entrance fee for some PvP once a week. Winner takes all.

100k entrance fee and every 10 chars in is 1million silvers or something like that.

I can tell this probally isn't going to well in the direction I was hoping for so probally nothing will come of it. Just an idea that I thought would be fun. Doesnt have to be a Marlu thing or vanguard thing.

Even if everyone just goes there seperate ways atleast I think a weekly tournament with an entry fee winner takes all would be fun.

Im really not sure what you think is changing. So far out of our group, only calidus offered his accounts up for sale, and I don't even think he's made his mind up about that. No one has said anything about leaving besides that. Our group still exists dude.

I'm not saying you all shouldn't come up with something to keep shit interesting. Go for it. I'm just saying don't act so frantic thinking everyone in the old marlu group is going anywhere.

calidus
08-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Im really not sure what you think is changing. So far out of our group, only calidus offered his accounts up for sale, and I don't even think he's made his mind up about that. No one has said anything about leaving besides that. Our group still exists dude.

I'm not saying you all shouldn't come up with something to keep shit interesting. Go for it. I'm just saying don't act so frantic thinking everyone in the old marlu group is going anywhere.

My post was mostly in jest and allusion to the flood of recent sales posts.

I may have to sell one of my doods, tho.

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 12:18 AM
My post was mostly in jest and allusion to the flood of recent sales posts.

I may have to sell one of my doods, tho.

I'd sell cthulu in a heart beat if I could :/ I suppose his armor is worth more than he is though, lol.

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 12:43 AM

Ah ok cool. I was under the impression you all were gone. Mords been gone, calidus hasnt been around.
Then shit give me access to healer for the table for my alt chaos so he can get friggin healed and spells till he is older i will do some spellups when i get older case solved.

Think some people would of said that when i was asking on the damn net about it. I was saying yo calidus dont quit and it went from there

But if you guys like the group tournament idea i will host one as a going away for your tour. Next week on sunday 8/29/10 at 9:30pm grand prize to start of something new 5 million silvers which i will pay out personally to be split between the winning group .
People could add to this pot to make it crazy silvers if they felt like donating. Anyone can join for a blood splattering shit fest of group killing.

It would work like this

The only rule is simple No lying about your fame. I will put the groups together myself to make sure that all groups have a mix of levels of fame since some of you dont want to give your level so every group is matched equally famous.

Killing would be done in groups not individuals - no rules against scripting, spells nothing. Bring whatever you can bring.Chase each other, run,trip stab bite ,bearhug whatever cause it will still take some amount of skill and thought to win.

1. Groups will be of 5 players per group. Whatever it is depending on how many people want to do it. Id love to see like 30 people or more. Which would be 6 groups killing each other.

2. People can come seperately not just in groups of people. Just show up at 9:30pm outside the old griefing area of the north gate and I will form your group.

edit- i am commiting to do this for the next three sundays starting 8/29/10 whoever shows up shows up i will be donating 5 million each of those three sundays for a total of 15million silvers. If you want to donate to the cause I am willing to accept.

RaneCV
08-25-2010, 01:56 AM

All I do is spell people up and help people with their scripts, and the Vanguard will back me up on that. If you're going to tell people what I would or would not want to do, please have some idea as to what you're talking about.

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 02:18 AM
All I do is spell people up and help people with their scripts, and the Vanguard will back me up on that. If you're going to tell people what I would or would not want to do, please have some idea as to what you're talking about.

Yeah I kind of puzzled over that one myself. I think maybe he meant me, as he omitted my name from that list.

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to call anyone out in particular. I just mean that, in my opinion, I don't see the Marlu clan as a whole entity suddenly making a 180 and becoming the Black Wolves. I think that some might be interested, but that the ones that were really just in it for the griefing and PvP might not be interested in all of a sudden playing the nice guy, just because other people of Marlu suddenly want to. That does not mean, at all, that they would want to go back to griefing, although it might mean that, it just means that I think that since Marlu is no longer meeting the desires that they had when they joined, they might not be interested in sticking around, and might move on to their own pursuits. The names I threw out were some of the names that I felt might meet that criteria, but since I obviously don't know any of you personally, I am just speaking in an overall group dynamic sense.

But if you have the mean, why not go ahead and calculate a square deviation of the mean... know what I mean?

http://www.strchr.com/media/stddeviation.png

KingKatze
08-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Ah ok cool. I was under the impression you all were gone. Mords been gone, calidus hasnt been around.
Then shit give me access to healer for the table for my alt chaos so he can get friggin healed and spells till he is older i will do some spellups when i get older case solved.

Think some people would of said that when i was asking on the damn net about it. I was saying yo calidus dont quit and it went from there

But if you guys like the group tournament idea i will host one as a going away for your tour. Next week on sunday 8/29/10 at 9:30pm grand prize to start of something new 5 million silvers which i will pay out personally to be split between the winning group .
People could add to this pot to make it crazy silvers if they felt like donating. Anyone can join for a blood splattering shit fest of group killing.

It would work like this

The only rule is simple No lying about your fame. I will put the groups together myself to make sure that all groups have a mix of levels of fame since some of you dont want to give your level so every group is matched equally famous.

Killing would be done in groups not individuals - no rules against scripting, spells nothing. Bring whatever you can bring.Chase each other, run,trip stab bite ,bearhug whatever cause it will still take some amount of skill and thought to win.

1. Groups will be of 5 players per group. Whatever it is depending on how many people want to do it. Id love to see like 30 people or more. Which would be 6 groups killing each other.

2. People can come seperately not just in groups of people. Just show up at 9:30pm outside the old griefing area of the north gate and I will form your group.

edit- i am commiting to do this for the next three sundays starting 8/29/10 whoever shows up shows up i will be donating 5 million each of those three sundays for a total of 15million silvers. If you want to donate to the cause I am willing to accept.

9:30 PM Elven or what time zone? I'm so there.

Katze Darkshot, Assassin King of the Luukosian Deathguard

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 07:51 AM
9:30 Elven would be 9:30 PM eastern time. 8/29/10. Bad habbit ..LOL

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 09:16 AM
I am really not sure what you mean by this. I mean, apparently you can do is come to the boards and be mean to people. I don't know if this means you are actually mean, or just trying to look like your mean. Either way, fuck you for inferring that I was trying to do math, math is hard. If you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean, actually. All I'm saying is remove the highest and lowest quarter values and badda-bing, interquartile mean.

Portu-guese
08-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the OPs idea is a good one with a little more thought and detail. My goal was to set up something similar but have it ran more like the UFC of shattered. We will have weight(level) classes and prize will be the naming of CHAMPION. The GMs would need to help out on this one though. I wanted to have some championship belts made that are super uber enhancer that don't crumble. Maybe adds a shitload to logic or discipline or comes with a built in RPA that never wears out. Anything that would be good enough for the champion of the class to wear.

We could have an honest voting system to see who the #1 contender is and so on. Rankings would be made. We would have a roundrobin style tournament to determine who is the initial "Champions".

Back to my scripts!

Cthulu
08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I think the OPs idea is a good one with a little more thought and detail. My goal was to set up something similar but have it ran more like the UFC of shattered. We will have weight(level) classes and prize will be the naming of CHAMPION. The GMs would need to help out on this one though. I wanted to have some championship belts made that are super uber enhancer that don't crumble. Maybe adds a shitload to logic or discipline or comes with a built in RPA that never wears out. Anything that would be good enough for the champion of the class to wear.

We could have an honest voting system to see who the #1 contender is and so on. Rankings would be made. We would have a roundrobin style tournament to determine who is the initial "Champions".

Back to my scripts!

GM's ignore shattered, the GM's that do come to shattered would claim they dont know how/want to make such an OP item, and frankly without weight classes (level ranges), it wouldn't be fair. It still wouldn't be fair to certain classes, and levels change constantly so weight class belts would be getting stripped from contenders commonly.

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 07:07 PM

Back to my scripts!

Well either way I decided to hold this tournament and who ever shows up will show up it will be on 8/29/10 at 9:30 pm This Sunday. 5 million silvers .

I am changing though the aspect of grouping. Its a pain in the ass to go by fame or levels so i am just going to put people together in even groups. So if 10 people show up its 5 groups of two the winner splits the five million. I want a minimum of 5 groups either way. Unless three show up then i will do 3 groups of one. But I will split the winnings between the group. So if only 5 show up thats one person per group and 5 million to the one person.

Think this is an easier way.

And someone suggested to make the battle last longer to have an empath running a shattered empath script. Healing thoughout the battle. Thought that would be an interesting twist.(not sure if u guys think thats a good idea)

I will spam it slightly in tsc while afk trying not to be annoying to advertise it since all the community does not come here. Please pass it along.

Also obviously I have pissed off some people with this idea and since they thought they try to kill me last night (I and U know who you are). You can return the runestaff and all is well.

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Back to my scripts!

Actually anything that is fun is good. Just have to give people enough time to be prepared because we all script so a particular day post it. Sounds fun to me. I am sure whatever you set up it will work. Belts dont know if we get it but wouldnt hurt to ask.
You need to spam it though in tsc or tell people in lnet or no one will know. Most of us dont read these boards.
I never did untl Mord was telling me about them.

KingKatze
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
GM's ignore shattered, the GM's that do come to shattered would claim they dont know how/want to make such an OP item, and frankly without weight classes (level ranges), it wouldn't be fair. It still wouldn't be fair to certain classes, and levels change constantly so weight class belts would be getting stripped from contenders commonly.

I have to agree with this point. Should be more like pairing of two very different professions based on level only. Say a rogue and an empath, pures and squares, semis and squares, semis and pures..so on and so forth. More than say 2 to a team is just too much chaos to decently manage. Just my thoughts...

IorakeWarhammer
08-25-2010, 09:03 PM
the simu official position is that GMs can make items using pre-existing code but cannot make new code.

Nostradamus
08-25-2010, 09:29 PM
the simu official position is that GMs can make items using pre-existing code but cannot make new code.

Really dont even need a belt if they could get a professional title even that be cool

Donquix
08-26-2010, 12:51 AM
You could also easily adapt scenarios used in other combat simulation games (paintball, laser tag, etc.) for some fun shenanigans in shattered that could pretty easily be scripted.

one that comes to mind is "vampires" (or "zombies", heard it called both) one person starts as the "vampire" and every person they kill becomes a vampire. Continue until there is only one "human" player left.

This also opens the door to awesome Twilight alters. SPARKLE POWER.

Nostradamus
08-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Wow thats even a better idea.

It was the only reason I was gonna set up groups. Because it is a one pop shot. And then it would be over.
But if i did what you are suggesting. They could be killed and then still hunt the other players until there is only one left.

Edit -I like this idea alot. But I think I am going to do it still in even groups to make it more fun. But someone else had another good idea.
Instead of me picking the teams. I will ask players to select team leaders out of the group.
Team leaders will take alternating turns selecting there own team mates. I think that would be more fun and absolutely fair.
Never know Katze might be the only one who shows up and win 5 million just for that.
Havent seen any other posts here but I have seen people in game while spamming it say they will be there.

GsJersey
08-27-2010, 01:23 PM
This is the version of prime PvP . News clip below. Probally trying to keep as many people there as possible.

Dateline 7/6/2010: THE SILVER DRAGONS HOST THEIR FIRST EVER "SILVER WING TOURNAMENT."

The newest meeting hall organization, The Silver Dragons, hosts their debut event on The Day of the Huntress, the 9th day of Koaratos, in the year 5110. The Silver Wing Tournament will be hosted on the boulder top in Upper Dragonsclaw at 2200 elven time standard, and is open to those who have trained 30 times or less.

The tournament will be double elimination style and ability oriented (i.e. competitors will be placed within no more than 5 trains of each other). The grand prize is a 100,000 silver reward, the second place prize is a 50,000 silver reward, and the third place prize is a 25,000 silver reward. All competitors will be instructed prior to the start of the tournament on how to compete, will be briefed on their starting placement, and told who their opponent is.

If an entry fee is required it must be paid prior to the start of the tournament. There is no entry fee for those participants that have trained 19 times or less. Any challenger wishing to partake that has achieved lordship or higher will be required to pay a minimal fee of 10,000 silvers (notes are acceptable).

For more information or to enroll as a competitor, seek out Aeriandir The Silver Bahamut or Yuane The Silver Kaiser.

Nostradamus
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey guy i been called into work tonight. Unfortunately RL issues. I cannot host this tournament today. If anyone else is willing to do it? If so I can give them the 5 million note and they can do it. Let me know. Give me an chat in Lnet chat.

I think this would of been some good fun so please save some logs.

Nostra

KingKatze
08-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey guy i been called into work tonight. Unfortunately RL issues. I cannot host this tournament today. If anyone else is willing to do it? If so I can give them the 5 million note and they can do it. Let me know. Give me an chat in Lnet chat.

I think this would of been some good fun so please save some logs.

Nostra

Hell, I had to work too. I was pissed off about going to miss it. So hopefully it never happened, and I'm on for the next one on Sunday.