PDA

View Full Version : Bot Moderators

Methais
08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Is there any feasible way to allow regular posters (as well as awesome posters such as myself) a way to delete bot spam when no normal moderators are around without giving them regular moderator powers?

The bots have been getting a little out of hand lately and it sucks fat balls when no mods are around to clean up the spam.

Anebriated
08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Is there any feasible way to allow regular posters (as well as awesome posters such as myself) a way to delete bot spam when no normal moderators are around without giving them regular moderator powers?

The bots have been getting a little out of hand lately and it sucks fat balls when no mods are around to clean up the spam.

+1

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Authentic Jerseys
Real Estate
Game
Check out my new site
New Anti-Spam Software™©℠℗®
Nintendo
A Nintendo
Nintendo Adult
Adult Nintendo
Canadian Pharmacy
Africa
Buy Nintendo in Adult Section of Canadian Pharmacy Isle in Africa
Africa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

peam
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/04/500x_showaemperor2.jpg

Reinstate emperor peam and this shall be a problem no more.

I also promise not to invade China.

Drew
08-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah I've sent a PM to Kranar asking if I could do this, but I think he's a pretty busy dude.

Kitsun
08-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I, too, would like to be equipped with spambot zapping lasers of doom.

Celephais
08-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Guess I might as well reply. Kranar asked me to do this not too long ago, there is a lot more spam than you're seeing. I can delete posts but that's it (this snake guy was a problem because I can't delete people and he just kept posting, most post a handful, then go dormant).

If you report a post I can see that and delete it (there's some threads... like a retarded monk thread, that I won't touch so I don't see it without it being reported).

AR is on pretty frequently too, he deletes the occasional bot ... he also replies to some without deleting them.

As long as I'm bringing it up, stop quoting bot links people, if you quote them, take out the links, otherwise I'm deleting your post too (awesome bot posts, like the one that told PB he needed diapers, I leave alone).

I don't like the idea of being a "moderator" in that I don't want to moderate anything, you're either a bot, so fuck off, or you're not... or you're some weird hybrid who likes wolves, which is why I didn't mention this before.

Anyway reporting spam posts them will get them deleted.

Back
08-24-2010, 05:40 PM

Stop your goddamn crying you big baby.

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2581/forthethrone.png

peam
08-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Look at that stiff-necked asshole just asking for a sword in the back.

Let the second Peam Dynasty commence.

Henceforth, emperor peam II shall defend and protect the PC and all of its inhabitants from the, most obviously Chinese, spam bots.

Restore me, Kranar! RESTORE ME!!!

Kranar
08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm trying some new things to deal with the spam such as asking Gemstone related questions when signing up for the forums. Unfortunately the spam is not produced by bots but actual people so they could technically research the answers to them but it should at least deter a majority of spammers.

Celephais deletes a TON of spam every day and usually spam doesn't last any more than a day or two. Anticor also now has the ability to delete spam in any folder. The best thing to do is to continue reporting it and most importantly, DO NOT REPLY to spam. Unless it's like some golden opportunity and you just have to take advantage of a really silly/funny spam situation, most of the time replying to spam just makes dealing with it that much harder.

peam
08-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Thus the second dynasty ends.

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm trying some new things to deal with the spam such as asking Gemstone related questions when signing up for the forums. Unfortunately the spam is not produced by bots but actual people so they could technically research the answers to them but it should at least deter a majority of spammers.

Celephais deletes a TON of spam every day and usually spam doesn't last any more than a day or two. Anticor also now has the ability to delete spam in any folder. The best thing to do is to continue reporting it and most importantly, DO NOT REPLY to spam. Unless it's like some golden opportunity and you just have to take advantage of a really silly/funny spam situation, most of the time replying to spam just makes dealing with it that much harder.

24-hour log-in hiatus upon registration too overboard? I don't see it in admincp, but maybe a post quota for URLs in posts or signatures and an hour boot on the third try (with messaging that isn't overly spelled out in Mandarin?)

...Driver rootkit IP tracking cookie?

Sean
08-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Thus the second dynasty ends.

I knew better.

PS. why don't you tell Edaarin and especially Soulpieced to stop being such lazy schmucks.

peam
08-24-2010, 11:19 PM
I knew better.

PS. why don't you tell Edaarin and especially Soulpieced to stop being such lazy schmucks.

Well, Edaarin's off disappointing his family by having worldly adventures or some shit.. and Soulpieced is too busy climbing the NOVA corporate ladder to care.

I'm the only loser with enough god damned time to be an efficient moderator. I have experience.. I don't think I was too retarded. I stood up toe to toe versus Mr. Burrell when he went on the naked junkie girl posting spree.

And damnit.. I want back in to the special folder.

Sean
08-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, Edaarin's off disappointing his family by having worldly adventures or some shit.. and Soulpieced is too busy climbing the NOVA corporate ladder to care.

I'm the only loser with enough god damned time to be an efficient moderator. I have experience.. I don't think I was too retarded. I stood up toe to toe versus Mr. Burrell when he went on the naked junkie girl posting spree.

Don't worry I reprimanded Mr. Burrell for that in person when he came to the NYC PC gather.

peam
08-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Don't worry I reprimanded Mr. Burrell for that in person when he came to the NYC PC gather.

Remember when we used to be twins?

Sean
08-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Remember when we used to be twins?

I grew out my afro just to be more peamlike. But I don't have a train conductors hat.

peam
08-24-2010, 11:30 PM
I grew out my afro just to be more peamlike. But I don't have a train conductors hat.

Those were happy times.

Kranar, can I be a moderator again?

Back
08-24-2010, 11:50 PM
This reminds me that thanks should be made to Kranar, et al, for keeping this crazy train keeping on.

:ultimate:

Drew
08-25-2010, 01:06 AM
This reminds me that thanks should be made to Kranar, et al, for keeping this crazy train keeping on.

You've caused more work for him than most.

Back
08-25-2010, 01:13 AM
You've caused more work for him than most.

That would be as true as me saying you’ve done nothing to help. But this isn’t about us. Its about them. And for whatever reason they deserve serious thanks for letting us do our anonymous foolishness.

PS. I know you want to be the next big internet meme from your avatars... but you really need to get out there and actually DO something meme worthy to get that kind of recognition Mr. I-Have-No-Original-Ideas.

Jace Solo
08-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Mad props, lol...
Seriously though. Thank you for the boards. I would have quit GS forever ago without these boards?

Parkbandit
08-25-2010, 08:08 AM

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/Peam.jpg

PS - You were a terrible moderator.

peam
08-25-2010, 08:43 AM
No one cares what you think.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/Peam.jpg

Asha
08-25-2010, 09:27 AM

To be fair that's pretty accurate.

AnticorRifling
08-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I've had my delete functions tweaked so I can hit more than the few folders I'm the "mod" for. I think between me and silly face we should be able to keep it under control.

peam
08-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Parkbandit
08-25-2010, 09:42 AM
I've had my delete functions tweaked so I can hit more than the few folders I'm the "mod" for. I think between me and silly face we should be able to keep it under control.

Do your fucking job.

Latrinsorm
08-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Do your fucking job.For the record, I've been paying Anticor in supportive and quasi-anonymous rep comments. The rest of you ingrates need to come up with some cash.

Drew
08-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Actually this is true. Maybe you've grown up some now though, but you sucked.

Parkbandit
08-25-2010, 12:37 PM

:rofl:

I take it you don't want examples now?

Drew
08-25-2010, 12:45 PM

I know how this ends:

Peam: You want answers?
ParkBandit: I think I'm entitled to them.
Peam: You want answers?
ParkBandit: I want the truth!
Peam: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has trolls. And those trolls have to be stopped by mods with mouses. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Burrell? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Methais and you curse the Mods. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Methais' death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about in the social folder, you want me as a mod. You need me as a mod.
We use words like brielus, lulz, beef wellington...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
ParkBandit: Did you order the code red?
Peam: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
ParkBandit: Did you order the code red?
Peam: You're goddamn right I did!!

AnticorRifling
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Should have said "Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse and edit a post..." other than that flawless.

Drew
08-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Should have said "Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse and edit a post..." other than that flawless.

Excellent point, I changed it. My life for Aiur.

peam
08-25-2010, 08:13 PM

I wasn't aware that Anticor was still a mod and that Cel had been promoted, thus I'll settle for my old avatar.

Not to mention that arguing with some sissy chav and a grumpy old asshole aren't really top priorities of mine right now, though I do find it amusing that my poor moderation is ingrained into your memory.

peam
08-25-2010, 08:16 PM
It also should be noted that I was just asking for moderation in order to delete spam. I couldn't care less what you zipper-headed faggot kyke cocksuckers call each other.

4a6c1
08-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I volunteer.

If I get to pick who is a butt and who ISNT.

Parkbandit
08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I wasn't aware that Anticor was still a mod and that Cel had been promoted, thus I'll settle for my old avatar.

Not to mention that arguing with some sissy chav and a grumpy old asshole aren't really top priorities of mine right now, though I do find it amusing that my poor moderation is ingrained into your memory.

Or.. could it be there are ample examples of you sucking as a moderator that you decided it wasn't worth rehashing, so you edited your post to a "." (instead of just deleting it)?

And yea, your piss poor moderating is right up there with Harmnone and Tsa`ah.. I'm glad you got demoted and I doubt there are many people that miss you moderating this forum.

But hey.. top 3 in something isn't too bad... at least you are remembered for something!

peam
08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Or.. could it be there are ample examples of you sucking as a moderator that you decided it wasn't worth rehashing, so you edited your post to a "." (instead of just deleting it)?

And yea, your piss poor moderating is right up there with Harmnone and Tsa`ah.. I'm glad you got demoted and I doubt there are many people that miss you moderating this forum.

But hey.. top 3 in something isn't too bad... at least you are remembered for something!

Cool story, bro.

LE Roguess Z
08-25-2010, 11:00 PM

Oooh funny (as in ironic) that you wrote that.

I actually sent him a thank you e-mail today.

You're right though, a more public mention of appreciation is definately way more appropriate. Especially when one consideres that this is quite the open forum.

Thanks Kranar!

:foshizzle:

Stanley Burrell
08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I think peam should be moderator because he will get rid of http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/images/misc/yellowcard_small.gif in the effort to stop the yellow people.

Pretty solid AJAX variables btw.

peam
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
There's a big ol' string of NFL related SPAM being posted as we speak.

SHOULD MY HAND YIELD THE HAMMER, T'WOULD BEEN SMASHED TO DELETION BY NOW.

Gelston
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
It also had words about MLB, and AT&T and the Federal Communications Commission

peam
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Marijuana too, I think.

Kainen
09-25-2010, 07:05 PM

Wield?

Nieninque
09-25-2010, 07:13 PM
some sissy chav

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

peam
09-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Wield?

Main Entry: yield
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: produce
Synonyms: accrue, admit, afford, allow, beam, bear, blossom, bring forth, bring in, discharge, earn, furnish, generate, give, give off, hold out, net, offer, pay, proffer, provide, return, sell for, supply, tender, turn out

BriarFox
09-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Main Entry: yield
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: produce
Synonyms: accrue, admit, afford, allow, beam, bear, blossom, bring forth, bring in, discharge, earn, furnish, generate, give, give off, hold out, net, offer, pay, proffer, provide, return, sell for, supply, tender, turn out

No.

Wield?

Yes.

Asha
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah.

Parkbandit
09-25-2010, 08:06 PM

This hasn't changed:

peam
09-25-2010, 08:07 PM
No.

Yes.

Yield works fine.

Sorry, mang.

BriarFox
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Yield works fine.

Sorry, mang.

Edit: Here's how yielding the hammer would go:

Bot: "I am Bot1212. Here are my posts!"
Peam: "Stop posting now, or I shall yield my hammer!"
Bot: :: post post post::
Peam: I'll yield it, really!
Bot: :: post post post::
Peam: ::sob:: Fine, here, take it! ::gives hammer to bot::
Bot: ::deletes all relevant content and changes Peam's name to NeedsADictionary::

peam
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Synonyms include PRODUCE, BRING FORTH, BEAR.

So semantically, I could either produce, bring forth, bear, or even yield a hand generously lubricated by Duke's mayonnaise and slide it into your rectum.

peam
09-25-2010, 08:20 PM
"Tom Wopat loved the three F's- food, fun and fisting. We took Gil Gerard out on my cigarette boat Memorial Day weekend 1978, and I swear to you during those sweet savage 72 hours he turned that poor man into his personal finger puppet.

His screams of agony alerted the coast guard and we pointed the prow of that fiberglass beauty out into international waters.

But that's nothing like the defensive plays you're gonna see on ESPN every Sunday. ESPN, Jets vs. Colts catch it! Quit your belly-achin, Buck Rogers, it's just a divers watch!"

BriarFox
09-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Synonyms include PRODUCE, BRING FORTH, BEAR.

So semantically, I could either produce, bring forth, bear, or even yield a hand generously lubricated by Duke's mayonnaise and slide it into your rectum.

Yes, "yield" can be synonymous with "produce," "bring forth," and "bear," but only in the sense of "produce crops," "bring forth water from the stream," and "bear fruit." If you were making a hammer grow out of the ground, I'd agree; as it stands, you're just wrong.

peam
09-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes, "yield" can be synonymous with "produce," "bring forth," and "bear," but only in the sense of "produce crops," "bring forth water from the stream," and "bear fruit." If you were making a hammer grow out of the ground, I'd agree; as it stands, you're just wrong.

You've obviously not paid attention to my agricultural accomplishments.

BriarFox
09-25-2010, 08:27 PM
You've obviously not paid attention to my agricultural accomplishments.

Oh, were you the guy who got his dick stuck in the tree?

peam
09-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh, were you the guy who got his dick stuck in the tree?

Well, how ELSE are you supposed to grow hammers?

Nieninque
09-26-2010, 05:04 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif Bot Moderators (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1178330#post1178330) 09-26-2010 12:17 AM go suck on a cyanide cold on a cob.

LOL

Asha
09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
:/ eh?