PDA

View Full Version : GH Madrei or Warn, not sure which.

Merala
08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I recently had an interaction with a character, who and what is not really important, but it ended up in my character being murdered without any good cause.

Not usually one to complain, but because it was so far fetched and out there, I did report. Madrei answered.

After going through my options, he explained in order for the staff to get involved AT ALL, including just to talk to her, the first step is warn interact. It really wouldn't be that bad except the fact that all this is in River's Rest, she's a large part of the small community, and warn would seriously inhibit my ability to roleplay.

It would have been nice for someone to say to her, "Hey, there's consequences for that stuff, so don't do it anymore." No warning, no lockout or punishment is fine. That way at least I could keep my interaction with her to a minimum, but not have to ignore her and every conversation about her.

For those that know River's Rest, sometimes in peak hours there's only 5 people in game. Sometimes the conversation will be about her will include her, etc. I don't want to feel like a pariah because she went all crazy on me.

So basically, starting every case with WARN INTERACT, in my opinion, is crap.

Tordane
08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
LOL @ /warn interact

Mogonis
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I hate that verb. People already get to hide behind the game. Why let them cop out at even the slightest sign of contention?

Simu probably says, "IT'S A FAMILY GAME. PLAY BORING."

Celephais
08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Um... you can either warn interact the person who killed you ... or you can interact with them. Why not try telling them yourself "Hey, there's consequences for that stuff".

It's pretty simple, either interact with them and straiten it out or don't.

WRoss
08-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I hate people *coughVilorFoxsDemysecough* who use warn interact when their RP turns from them being the bully into looking like the asshole. If you want to RP someone who talks about being the baddest mofo in all of Vaalor (lol), then you should be prepared to pay the price when you say that about characters that are much stronger than you.

Gelston
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
WAS HER NAME FOXS?

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
>bug OTHER;WARN VERB;Is gay.

?

Merala
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
So I kinda think we're all agreeing that my complaint is really the warn verb, and not necessarily the poor guy who tells me I gotta use it.

Leloo
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Warn interact seems like such a cop out. The only person who warn interacted me, whose name I won't list, did it when I had no interaction with them at all but I happened to be standing amongst a group of other people who were basically laughing at her. Then, from invisible, she warn interacted everyone in the room.

Thus, warn interact seems like it's mostly used cheaply. In your case I'd wait and see if there's future problems.

Mogonis
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Idiots like Boddiker. Total troll. As soon as you call him out or try to have fun with it, he WARNs.

Methais
08-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Idiots like Boddiker.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/288mdyb.jpg

Mogonis
08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Right? Clarence wouldn't back down. If you're going to name your character that, you have to do more than talk big.

Merala
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Idiots like Boddiker. Total troll. As soon as you call him out or try to have fun with it, he WARNs.

I second this.

Edited to add: For your reference, not it's not Foxs, Demyse, or any of the Ta'Mori idiots for your information. A lot of people have asked. I'm pretty sure this person is not any of them.

Shattered Dreamer
08-24-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm warning all of you RIGHT NOW.

WRoss
08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Ohh yeah, add Eliaku, Ruh, and Noala (sp?). All three played by the same deusche. Whenever I log in, he warns me.

Stanley Burrell
08-27-2010, 05:48 PM
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/288mdyb.jpg

BITCHES LEAVE. (http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&qf=Clarence&qmi=&qn=Bodiker&qs=&trackit=74&focusfirst=1)

Tea & Strumpets
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Um... you can either warn interact the person who killed you ... or you can interact with them. Why not try telling them yourself "Hey, there's consequences for that stuff".

It's pretty simple, either interact with them and straiten it out or don't.

lern how to spell n0b. It's straighten or something you ass face.

Tea & Strumpets
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Rule of thumb...don't use the REPORT or ASSIST commands if your character gets killed by another character.