PDA

View Full Version : Luukosian Deathguards

IorakeWarhammer
08-18-2010, 05:37 PM
ok guys,

not gonna make a long winded post here. my idea is simple.

STEP ONE: YOU DIE. (from a critter or another player)

STEP TWO:

You can call upon the Luukosian Deathguards to rescue you. But, you will agree to a pact where you must do a task for the Deathguards. Perhaps it will be using your known social contacts to procure information. Perhaps it will be to murder an enemy of the Deathguards. Or, if you're not in the mood, you can simply pay off the Deathguards.

You don't pay? They hunt you.

Thoughts?

Liagala
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Thoughts?

You sound like Mordechai

Daragon
08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
You sound like Mordechai

Yep...he does...

Ribbons
08-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Mordechai 2.0

Congrats, you'll be forced out of Shattered.

GsJersey
08-18-2010, 06:23 PM
ok guys,

STEP ONE: YOU DIE.

STEP TWO:

You can call upon the Luukosian Deathguards to rescue you. But, you will agree to a pact where you must do a task for the Deathguards. Perhaps it will be using your known social contacts to procure information. Perhaps it will be to murder an enemy of the Deathguards. Or, if you're not in the mood, you can simply pay off the Deathguards.

Thoughts?

SSDD someone sounds like they miss the PvP =)

IorakeWarhammer
08-18-2010, 07:08 PM
its just an idea was wondering what ppl thought

IorakeWarhammer
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Mordechai 2.0

Congrats, you'll be forced out of Shattered.

didn't you just start playing GS like 2 months ago?

http://dropline.net/cats/images/i-has-newb.jpg

BriarFox
08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I actually don't think this is a bad idea. Just make them the Onarian Bonelords or something. Basically, an assassin group that you hire to rescue you/kill your enemies.

Makkah
08-18-2010, 08:20 PM
IW is certainly a bonelord.

Daragon
08-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Personally I don't really care. Sounds like roleplaying to me. Just like the Marlu group sounds like roleplaying to me. The only problem you will face with this idea is you are going to have the same whiners that whined about Marlu saying you are nothing more then a griefer. In my opinion, which obviously doesn't matter on these whiner boards, is play how you wanna play in shattered. If the whiners don't like the PvP or theft or whatever, then let them go back to Prime where that stuff is illegal. But that won't happen, they will just whine here on the boards and hoard scripts, because thats just what whiners do.

Nostradamus
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Personally I don't really care. Sounds like roleplaying to me. Just like the Marlu group sounds like roleplaying to me. The only problem you will face with this idea is you are going to have the same whiners that whined about Marlu saying you are nothing more then a griefer. In my opinion, which obviously doesn't matter on these whiner boards, is play how you wanna play in shattered. If the whiners don't like the PvP or theft or whatever, then let them go back to Prime where that stuff is illegal. But that won't happen, they will just whine here on the boards and hoard scripts, because thats just what whiners do.

I think people really don't want the PvP side back the way it was. I think they just want it to be exciting like it was with a casual person killed here and there (was that way in prime also) someone stole from you and they were killed. Duels were at the boulder no biggie. A way to bring the game back to the way it was when we all first played.
Unfortunately those days are gone. It will never be as fun as when everyone first played in prime nor in shattered. It certainly wasn't the PvP everyone stayed like 10 or more years playing for.
In shattered the game has already changed for the worse because of the way it started out with overboard PvP.
I personally liked having different chars we had roleplaying like those personalities they chose the character names for (slut,jesus,rambo). But that ended when the alters ended.
This could of been an entirely different game than it turned out to be. Sad really.

Liagala
08-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I actually don't think this is a bad idea. Just make them the Onarian Bonelords or something. Basically, an assassin group that you hire to rescue you/kill your enemies.

Not a bad idea? You die, then you have to either hire them or they hunt you?

BriarFox
08-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Not a bad idea? You die, then you have to either hire them or they hunt you?

Oh, I see. I don't think IW meant that the Bonelords would kill you. I *think* he meant that after someone else kills you, you hire them to hunt them down?

Daragon
08-18-2010, 08:48 PM
I think people really don't want the PvP side back the way it was. I think they just want it to be exciting like it was with a casual person killed here and there (was that way in prime also) someone stole from you and they were killed. Duels were at the boulder no biggie. A way to bring the game back to the way it was when we all first played.
Unfortunately those days are gone. It will never be as fun as when everyone first played in prime nor in shattered. It certainly wasn't the PvP everyone stayed like 10 or more years playing for.
In shattered the game has already changed for the worse because of the way it started out with overboard PvP.
I personally liked having different chars we had roleplaying like those personalities they chose the character names for (slut,jesus,rambo). But that ended when the alters ended.
This could of been an entirely different game than it turned out to be. Sad really.

I think the factions idea is a fun one. I actually think that someone who worships a 'god' like Marlu, their primary job would be death, chaos, and conversion. Don't get me wrong I never played anyone who worshipped Marlu, but I have Roleplayed for years, not just played a game. Quit frankly those whining about Marlu and Mordechai or whatever, they are not roleplayers, they are whining because they get hit with a road bump on their path to power gaming(meaning getting to level 100 as fast as they can).

Liagala
08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Or, if you're not in the mood, you can simply pay off the Deathguards.

When I first read this, it looked like "If you don't hire them to avenge you, they hunt you down and kill you again." Reading it again, it might actually be, "Hire them or not as you choose, but if they avenge you and THEN you don't pay, they hunt you down." The second way isn't quite so Marlu-ish.

Sean
08-18-2010, 09:24 PM
When I first read this, it looked like "If you don't hire them to avenge you, they hunt you down and kill you again." Reading it again, it might actually be, "Hire them or not as you choose, but if they avenge you and THEN you don't pay, they hunt you down." The second way isn't quite so Marlu-ish.

Sounds to me like if you just don't ask them for help they wont bother you.

IorakeWarhammer
08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
well, this idea is just to plant a seed..

I envisioned the Deathguards as people who do rescues. But, it's a rescue with a twist. If you let them rescue you, you agree to the terms of the blood contract. The Deathguards would provide a comprehensive service. Chrism raise you, spell you back up, even recover lost gear if necessary. but then they will offer you some options:

1. kill X person

2. find out the alt of X person

3. pay us 100,000 silvers

Something like that..

now, you could just ALT QQ at this point. you know, sign of darkness, 130, whatever.. you could skip town on the Deathguards

but then they would hunt you. possibly kill you a few times. maybe disarm your weapon, itchy curse you and get your gear, curse your stuff, kill your alts, etc. whatever it took to exact the payment owed to the Deathguards

could be interesting.

Daragon
08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
well, this idea is just to plant a seed..

I envisioned the Deathguards as people who do rescues. But, it's a rescue with a twist. If you let them rescue you, you agree to the terms of the blood contract. The Deathguards would provide a comprehensive service. Chrism raise you, spell you back up, even recover lost gear if necessary. but then they will offer you some options:

1. kill X person

2. find out the alt of X person

3. pay us 100,000 silvers

Something like that..

now, you could just ALT QQ at this point. you know, sign of darkness, 130, whatever.. you could skip town on the Deathguards

but then they would hunt you. possibly kill you a few times. maybe disarm your weapon, itchy curse you and get your gear, curse your stuff, kill your alts, etc. whatever it took to exact the payment owed to the Deathguards

could be interesting.

I think that 1 and 3 are good. However the 2, I think that is more of OOC, not roleplaying at all...now if someone wanted the group of people killed, and that alt was in the group I would say that would be good.

Michaelous
08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
i would actually like to hire the deathguards to kill a couple of people who have been hunting me mercilessly since i have logged into the game, how much would that cost? i have silvers unlimited, maybe a couple shots of paypal to keep them off me, as a matter fact anyone take me up on that offer send me a pm. thanks

n00bied00bied0
08-20-2010, 08:08 AM
You posted this, Michaelous, so kudos to those who are limiting your progress!

Originally Posted by Michaelous
...you guys have much much worse things to fear.......like me being lvl 100... peace out.

Drunken Durfin
08-20-2010, 08:24 AM
i would actually like to hire the deathguards to kill a couple of people who have been hunting me mercilessly since i have logged into the game, how much would that cost? i have silvers unlimited, maybe a couple shots of paypal to keep them off me, as a matter fact anyone take me up on that offer send me a pm. thanks

Maybe you should have thought of this happening to you BEFORE you started dragging AFK people from TSC to the glacier? I did not start hunting you until after you started behaving like an ass monkey. Not so funny now that you are over 10 and actually have death sting to deal with now is it?

IorakeWarhammer
08-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Michaelous I would suggest moving to RR and hunting greater orcs/large ogres, then krolvin warriors/mercs, then warfarers, then hisskra or the moor.

Liagala
08-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Interesting question. How does your Luukos clan handle douchenozzles who deserve 10x the deaths they're getting?

IorakeWarhammer
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
lmao it doesnt exist its just an idea

RichardCranium
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Bhaalizmo
08-20-2010, 02:48 PM

Are you on your

period?

RichardCranium
08-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Bhaa-zing!

Methais
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Can we hire the Deathguards to kill themselves?

Makkah
08-20-2010, 04:26 PM

I got 5 on it

Nostradamus
08-20-2010, 05:48 PM

Never too late to reroll or use one of them accts you bought. Being the candor of shattered not too fun. Not that you dragging them is against the rules. But there is no warn system here.

Michaelous
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM

lol

KingKatze
08-25-2010, 03:51 AM
ok guys,

STEP ONE: YOU DIE. (from a critter or another player)

STEP TWO:

Thoughts?

Like the title says....I am so down for this. All we even need is a few people that actually know how to hunt someone down. This is easy money. I've already taken a couple clients in fact. Would be awesome to mainstream this, few of us to locate and let the assassinating begin. Hell already got the title for it and everything. I think we would make more killing others for clients though...Alot of coin to be made in a world with no enforcers, just a thought

Katze Darkshot, Assassin King of the Luukosian Deathguard

IorakeWarhammer
08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
once i get 130 let's boogy

KingKatze
08-25-2010, 08:58 PM
once i get 130 let's boogy

Fixskill it and let's get started!

Katze Darkshot, Assassin King of the Luukosian Deathguard

IorakeWarhammer
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
nah i'm gonna wait til the level 100 griefers start and whatever level I am i'll be up for it then ^^