PDA

View Full Version : Garrote strings

MPSorc
04-10-2004, 06:37 AM
was wondering if the landing is still the only place that the garrote wires have been found out in the open, are they being sold in the guild shops or found in other towns, if so does anyone have a list?

Kalishar
04-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Little late here with the reply, but there are also garrote wires for sale in Sylvarraend, on a little cart outside the pawnshop.

I don't know of anywhere else that sells them, other than that spot in the Landing.

peam
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know how to repair a garrote string, or should I just buy a new one?

Aaaaand... does this skill provide anything other than a sick PvP attack?

DeV
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Haha.. I was afk and some clown tried to garrote me. Flipped em on his ass. Still a badass skill.

Can you garrote critters?

Weedmage Princess
04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Yep

Bobmuhthol
04-19-2004, 09:22 PM
<<Can you garrote critters?>>

.................................................. .....

.................................................. ................................

DeV
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Yep The concept of strangling a critter to death.. is amusing. Understandable it won't work for every monster, those without necks, etc... Just seems this skill is more practical/useful for PvP rather CvC.

Weedmage Princess
04-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah. By no means is garrote a "hunting tactic" or should it be used as one..(except in the event of maybe someone taking a lower-level person hunting) ..I think it's more of a rogue-ish/assassin roleplay thing. Definitely neat for for conflicts, etc.

Parkbandit
04-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Don't fuck with the wire necklace.

Gan
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by peam
Does anyone know how to repair a garrote string, or should I just buy a new one?

Brimzstone gave me a coil of bloodstained rope as a wedding present. Tried using it as a garrote and it said it needed fixed first, so I assisted to ask how and a GM fixed it for me instead... so if you have a unique garrote you might consider that route, until they either make a shop to fix them (locksmith shop backroom would be a good place, hint, hint...) or the ability to fix them as a trade or guild skill.