PDA

View Full Version : Healing Scripts and the like

Chyrain
07-28-2003, 05:31 PM
had this situation come up today. I'm sitting on the dais with my healer and this girl is using a full heal script to heal folks with one or two scratches at the most. Now, not only does this scroll the screen really fast...but it keeps from having to look at the victim or promote any sort of roleplay at all.

Well this other empath spoke up and was really IC about the whole situation. He asked her if she was blind and really needed to fumble over a patient's entire body to heal one or two scratches...was really nice about the whole thing. Then she vultured one of my patients with her dumb script and we got into it further. I didn't have my log running until I returned back after Sierpas asked me to return...but here's a really cleaned up version of the log.

I cut out a lot of healing, heal downs and of course other random garbage, but you can see two instances where she used her script and what a healing should look like by my end. It also shows the conversation with the GH.

what do you guys think?

Sierpas whispers, "Yes, and she told me that she considered my actions harassment when I

asked if there was anything I could do for her"

Sierpas whispers, "She returned and I said. Sashanna dear, is there anything I can do for

you to assist you?"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "heh. i dont mean to laugh..but it's

just..rather...silly."

Vixxon asks, "can I get some healing please?"

You nod to Vixxon.

look vix
You see Vixxon the Forest Warden.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be young and shorter than average. She has bright violet eyes and olive

skin. She has waist length, ringleted black hair swept back from the temples. She has a

delicate face and high cheekbones.
She has some minor cuts and bruises on her right arm, some minor cuts and bruises on her

left hand, minor cuts and bruises on her abdominal area, and moderate bleeding from her

neck.
She is bleeding from the neck.
She is holding a vultite shield in her left hand.
She is wearing some golvern-edged chainmail, a gold ring, a red-green bloodstone amulet, a

crystal amulet, a sleek black compass case, an ebony spidersilk backpack, a silver-edged

black weapon harness, a voluminous black stalking cloak, a willow wood compass pin, some

deerskin snowshoes, and some deerskin pants.

Vixxon smiles at you.

>tran vix neck
You meditate over Vixxon.

Vixxon's neck damage is transferred to you.

>tran vix right arm
Vixxon's right arm damage is transferred to you.

tran vix left hand
>You meditate over Vixxon.
Vixxon's left hand damage is transferred to you.

>tran vix abdo
>You meditate over Vixxon.
Vixxon's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

>look vix
You see Vixxon the Forest Warden.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be young and shorter than average. She has bright violet eyes and olive

skin. She has waist length, ringleted black hair swept back from the temples. She has a

delicate face and high cheekbones.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a vultite shield in her left hand.
She is wearing some golvern-edged chainmail, a gold ring, a red-green bloodstone amulet, a

crystal amulet, a sleek black compass case, an ebony spidersilk backpack, a silver-edged

black weapon harness, a voluminous black stalking cloak, a willow wood compass pin, some

deerskin snowshoes, and some deerskin pants.

tran vix
You take all of Vixxon's blood loss.

Vixxon just gave you 1000 coins which you quickly pocket.

Sierpas whispers, "She whispered to me saying that she doesn't tell me how to play my

character and she doesn't appreciate me telling her how to play hers. I told her I wasn't

telling her how to do anything, I was just explaining how empaths here do things"

sign of staunching
Your veins throb and your blood sings.
Vixxon says, "thanks"

Sashanna meditates over Coryanna.
Nothing happens.

You notice the storm cloud begin to churn rapidly!

Nothing happens.

Vixxon slings a vultite shield over her shoulder.

Great Lord Sabreon's group just went out.

Nothing happens.

You wink at Vixxon.

Nothing happens.

Sashanna takes Coryanna's chest damage.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

You scream!

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Sashanna takes all of Coryanna's blood loss.

Sierpas whispers, "so she warned harassment"

Sierpas says, "Completely tactless"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "i missed that with all the noise"

Sierpas whispers, "She whispered to me saying that she doesn't tell me how to play my

character and she doesn't appreciate me telling her how to play hers. I told her I wasn't

telling her how to do anything, I was just explaining how empaths here do things"

You nod to Sierpas.

Sierpas whispers, "so she warned harassment"

look
[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with

abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace,

dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass

underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended

above, providing ample shade from the day's brightness. You also see some yellow socks,

the Envim disk, a rotting monir coffer, an enruned maoral trunk, an enruned thanot chest

and a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Great Lady Coryanna who is kneeling, Vixxon, Maiken who is sitting, Blushes,

Drinin, Lord Ryku who is sitting, Lady Sashanna who is kneeling, Sierpas who is sitting,

Lovar
Obvious paths: out

look sash
You see Lady Sashanna Zallerr the Empath.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be young. She has hazel eyes and fair skin. She has long, red hair.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a crystal amulet, some light leather, a carved fire opal necklace, a

blackened silver tiara, an engraved amber earring, a shimmering glaesine orb, an

agate-inset iron flagon, a silver-tooled gossamer wrist pouch, a leather sheath, a

lavender vultite shield, some large eel skin boots, a celestial blue keepsake pouch, a

dwarven mining backpack, a purple polar penguin pin, and a gold and silver samite cape.

Sierpas whispers, "so I requested a GM come to speak with me regarding this mess, to clear

the air"

Sierpas whispers, "Its an exploit if you ask me"

Sierpas whispers, "an abuse of the mechanics"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "as far as i know, it's against policy to use a script

like that...especially out in the open. now if she was healing a vaporized victim, i could

understand but still."

Blushes asks, "Damina, mind a few cuts?"

You grin at Blushes.

look blu
You see Blushes Atad the Priestess.
She appears to be a Dwarf.
She appears to be elderly and short. She has thick-lashed violet eyes and black skin.

She has waist length, tied back white hair with a red streak running through it. She has

a plump face, a pinched nose and a long braided beard.
She has minor cuts and bruises on her chest, minor cuts and bruises on her abdominal area,

and some minor cuts and bruises on her left leg.
She has several painful-looking scars across her chest, and a scar across her face.
She is wearing a dual-heart dragonfire opal earcuff, a crystal amulet, a blue-streaked

razern beard clip, some dark red bloodjewel-set leathers, a gold trimmed black silk

satchel, a gem-encrusted gold cloak pin, a wispy silver cloak, an ominous ivory fang, a

flowing silver threaded silk skirt, and some white silk boots.

turn bl
You turn to face Blushes.

tran blu chest
You meditate over Blushes.
Blushes's chest damage is transferred to you.

tran blu abdo
Blushes's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

tran blu left leg
Blushes's left leg damage is transferred to you.

look blu
You see Blushes Atad the Priestess.
She appears to be a Dwarf.
She appears to be elderly and short. She has thick-lashed violet eyes and black skin.

She has waist length, tied back white hair with a red streak running through it. She has

a plump face, a pinched nose and a long braided beard.
She has a scar across her face.
She is wearing a dual-heart dragonfire opal earcuff, a crystal amulet, a blue-streaked

razern beard clip, some dark red bloodjewel-set leathers, a gold trimmed black silk

satchel, a gem-encrusted gold cloak pin, a wispy silver cloak, an ominous ivory fang, a

flowing silver threaded silk skirt, and some white silk boots.

tran blu
You take all of Blushes's blood loss.

Blushes says, "Thank you."

You wink at Blushes.

Mithirander asks, "healing for my nerves please?"

Sierpas meditates over Mithirander.
Sierpas takes Mithirander's nervous system damage.

Mithirander says, "thank you"

Sashanna asks in guild speak, "hmm seems we cannot follow our own rules???"

guild
You are now speaking Guild Speak.

You quietly say in guild speak, "oh hush you"

You glare at Sashanna.

Sierpas grins.

Sashanna is informing you that she considers your character's current behavior to be

harassment.

Sierpas says in guild speak, "Actually I spoke with him in whispers"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "she just warned me for that"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "I'm laughing so hard you have no idea"

Sashanna says in guild speak, "sure, asked for heal and in the next sentence you are

healing, I am to believe that, that is okay you do what you think you have to"

You roll your eyes.

Sierpas says in guild speak, "Sorry that you are not privied even those aspects of

conversations that remain hidden from your delicate ears"

Sierpas says in guild speak, "Ask him"

Sierpas says in guild speak, "Actually I will ask in public"
Sierpas asks, "Mith you there?"

look mith
I could not find what you were referring to.

look
[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with

abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace,

dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass

underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended

above, providing ample shade from the day's brightness. You also see some yellow socks, a

rotting monir coffer, an enruned maoral trunk, an enruned thanot chest and a richly

finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Anshef, Great Lady Coryanna who is kneeling, Maiken who is sitting, Lord Ryku

who is sitting, Lady Sashanna who is kneeling, Sierpas who is sitting
Obvious paths: out

Sierpas rubs a crystal amulet.

Sierpas leans on his staff.

Sierpas whispers, "Heheh I thought it was funny, for people to think they are right when

they are blatently wrong"

Sierpas whispers, "I can just start asking folks not to ask her for healing, to ask

empaths that don't fumble over their patients"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "i'm still laughing that she warned me for telling her to

hush and gave her a glare."

Sierpas whispers, "Won't ever mention her name"

Sierpas whispers, "will just say those of you whom are wounded, would you please ask a

compitent healer that doesn't fumble over your whole body to heal a scratch to heal you?

It discourages rag tag and ignorant empaths from giving us the eye sore associated with

fumble healing"

You quietly whisper to Sierpas, "its just that it's so hard for healers to heal anyway.

then we have to deal with the likes of her in a place that is supposedly free from this

sort of abuse..."

Sierpas nods.

(some time passes...)

Sashanna nods to Callinar.

Callinar smiles.

Sashanna meditates over Callinar.
Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Callinar grimly says, "thankyou"

Nothing happens.

Sashanna takes Callinar's chest damage.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Sashanna says in guild speak, "welcome"

Nothing happens.

Methais calmly says, "Got a dead one here."
Methais gently rolls the lifeless body of Kaliopia over.

look kali
>You see Kaliopia Korinthia the Sorceress.
She appears to be a Half-Elf Pariah from Ta'Illistim.
She appears to be mature. She has perceptive, glacier blue eyes and pale, porcelain skin.

She has long, black hair that falls softly to the small of her back. She has a slightly

upturned nose and sweeping, almost regal cheekbones. Her ears are small and slightly

pointed, the only betrayal of an impure bloodline.
She has a tiny ruby heart tattoo on her neck, and a symbol of Voln tattoo on her finger.
She appears to be DEAD!
She has a completely severed left arm, deep gashes and serious bleeding from her chest,

deep gashes and serious bleeding from her abdominal area, deep lacerations across her

back, and a completely severed right arm.
She is bleeding from the left arm, from the right arm, and badly from the chest.
She is holding a falchion in her right hand and a mithglin shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a sparkling ruby nose ring, a delicate silver necklace linked with tiny

ruby hearts, a tiny silver-eyed lizard, a dark spidersilk backpack, a flowing ebony cloak

crafted of veniom-worked spidersilk, a ruby-inlaid silver armband, a silver-laced ebony

bodice, some supple rolaren studded leathers, a silver belly ring, a delicate veniom waist

chain clasped with a tiny ruby heart, a tightly woven spidersilk pouch with deep ebony

stitching, a silver samite sack, a diaphanous spidersilk skirt sparkling with crushed

rubies, a polished silver thighband, and some thigh-high silver laced boots.
Callinar gestures at Kaliopia.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Callinar encompassing Kaliopia's corpse.

Sashanna asks in guild speak, "need some healing kaliopia?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Kaliopia say, "Thank you Callinar."

You quietly ask, "need healing Kalipia?"

Sashanna asks, "need some healing kaliopia?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Kaliopia say, "Yes please, Damina."

look kal
You see Kaliopia Korinthia the Sorceress.
She appears to be a Half-Elf Pariah from Ta'Illistim.
She appears to be mature. She has perceptive, glacier blue eyes and pale, porcelain skin.

She has long, black hair that falls softly to the small of her back. She has a slightly

upturned nose and sweeping, almost regal cheekbones. Her ears are small and slightly

pointed, the only betrayal of an impure bloodline.
She has a tiny ruby heart tattoo on her neck, and a symbol of Voln tattoo on her finger.
She appears to be DEAD!
She has a completely severed left arm, deep gashes and serious bleeding from her chest,

deep gashes and serious bleeding from her abdominal area, deep lacerations across her

back, and a completely severed right arm.
She is bleeding from the left arm, from the right arm, and badly from the chest.
She is holding a falchion in her right hand and a mithglin shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a sparkling ruby nose ring, a delicate silver necklace linked with tiny

ruby hearts, a tiny silver-eyed lizard, a dark spidersilk backpack, a flowing ebony cloak

crafted of veniom-worked spidersilk, a ruby-inlaid silver armband, a silver-laced ebony

bodice, some supple rolaren studded leathers, a silver belly ring, a delicate veniom waist

chain clasped with a tiny ruby heart, a tightly woven spidersilk pouch with deep ebony

stitching, a silver samite sack, a diaphanous spidersilk skirt sparkling with crushed

rubies, a polished silver thighband, and some thigh-high silver laced boots.

turn kalio
You turn to face Kaliopia.

tran kali ches
You meditate over Kaliopia.
Kaliopia's chest damage is transferred to you.

tran kal back
Kaliopia's back damage is transferred to you.

tran kal left arm
Kaliopia's left arm damage is transferred to you.

tran kal abdo
Kaliopia's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

tran kal right arm
Kaliopia's right arm damage is transferred to you.

Callinar gestures at Kaliopia.
Callinar suddenly looks very drained.

Sierpas says, "Hm.. can those of you whom are injured please ask an empath that doesn't

fumble all over your bodies to heal you? Its such an eye sore to see folks fumble

healing"

tran kal
You take some of Kaliopia's blood loss.

Kaliopia stands up.

Kaliopia says, "Oh my, that was some quick service."
Kaliopia says, "Thank you."
Kaliopia smiles.

Kaliopia slings a mithglin shield over her shoulder.
Sierpas whispers, "I haven't even mentioned her name"

You chuckle.

Kaliopia just gave you 1190 coins which you quickly pocket.

You quietly say, "thank you"
You grin at Kaliopia.

Suddenly, there is a puff of smoke and a blinding flash of light as Indri arrives to

answer Sierpas's assist.

Sierpas smiles at Indri.

Sierpas clasps Indri's hand tenderly.

Sierpas tried to hold your hand but your group status is closed, type "GROUP OPEN" to let

him hold your hand.

Your group status is now open.
You join Sierpas.

Sierpas traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
Sierpas gestures.
A brilliant light bathes you as your surroundings blur for a moment...

[Sanctuary]
A grey, swirling mist surrounds you, its tendrils creeping around your feet and twisting

into a thick, translucent mass that vaguely forms a curved wall around the chamber. A

feeling of calmness and protection passes over you as you sense that nothing harmful may

pass the swirling walls.
Also here: Sierpas, Senior GameHost Indri
Obvious exits: out
Sierpas sits down.
Sierpas says, "Ah much better"
Sierpas slings a golvern-bound spiked rolaren targe over his shoulder.

Sierpas put a fel-hafted rolaren toporok in his silvery vultite scabbard.

Sierpas says, "I would like to clear the air on a few things and ask a few questions if

you don't mind"

Indri says, "Sure, fire away."

Sierpas asks, "First off, is script healing allowed?"

Indri says, "As long as it's attended, and not done AFK."

Sierpas says, "I invited Damina here because she is another empath that was here with me,

as was Tilone"

Sierpas says, "Ok well then I am going to explain what I did and the exact circumstances

according to my memory"

Sierpas says, "To make sure that I have done nothing wrong"
Indri says, "Go ahead."

Sierpas says, "Sashanna script heals the entire body when a person asks for healing, even

if they only need one wound treated"

Sierpas says, "I asked her in guild chat if her eyes were blind, and that I would heal

them so she wouldn't fumble all over the patient's body"

Indri grins.

Sierpas says, "She ignored me and just kinda robotted her way thru more healing"

You nod.

Sierpas says, "Even so far as to heal Damina's patient with the fumble healing method"

>Indri nods.

>Sierpas says, "After Damina accepted the patient and after two heals"

Sierpas says, "So I bound her"

Sierpas says, "Thinking she was script robot healing"

Sierpas says, "And removed all her bleeders as to prevent her death from bleeding"

Sierpas says, "And healed them to nothing"

Sierpas says, "I asked her if she was ok and appoligized profusely for the discomfort she

must have while bound"

>You nod.

Sierpas says, "Just the discomfort"

Indri nods.

Sierpas says, "I explained the rules as empaths follow them in EN.. non written non stone

like rules, mostly for courtesy to one another"

Sierpas says, "Things that make everyone's life easier"

Sierpas says, "Including not vulturing"

Sierpas says, "and not spamming screens with such idiosyncracies as script healing"

Indri nods to Sierpas.

Sierpas says, "I could see if you are doing it to clean another empath, or a serious

incinerated victim.."

Sierpas says, "But for a minor leg wound, script healing like that is absolutely annoying

and very upsetting. It affects my fun level completely"

Sierpas says, "Anyhow"

Sierpas says, "You arrived and left with her"

Sierpas says, "I am sure you had your chat"

Indri nods to Sierpas.

Sierpas says, "She returns and I asked her if she needed any assistance with anything, if

she had any questions so that I may help her"

Sierpas says, "She reported me for harassment"

Sierpas says, "She kept script healing"
Indri asks, "How did you know she reported you?"
Sierpas says, "To the point where I couldn't follow conversations"

Sierpas says, "She informed me that my actions were considered by her as harassments"

Indri nods.
Indri says, "It sounds like a WARN."

You nod.

Indri says, "It just records that she feels she's being harassed, and lets you know."

Sierpas says, "Anyhow, I then waited patiently while you would arrive"

You quietly say, "she warned him, then warned me later for telling her to hush"

Sierpas says, "But it got so bad, I mentioned in common so everyone could here me the

following"

Sierpas says, "I said, Those of you whom are injured, would you please ask an empath that

doesn't fumble over your whole body to heal your injuries to heal you? It makes life much

easier and we don't have to deal with the eye sore of fumble healing. Especially if you

have one or two scratches"

Sierpas says, "She then gave me another warning"

Indri grins.

Sierpas says, "To my recollection, that is exactly everything that happened and to my most

accurate description"

>Sierpas says, "I would like to know if I have done anything wrong"

Indri rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Sierpas says, "And if so, where exactly is the line so that I may toat it very carefuly"

Indri asks, "You don't remember Sashanna whispering to you before you bound her?"

Sierpas says, "Sashanna never whispered to me before I bound her"

You quietly say, "she couldn't have, her script was running"
You chuckle.

Sierpas says, "Not once did she whisper to me until afterwards when she told me not to

tell her how to heal"

Indri says, "The line, as usual, is a bit blurry... it's certainly not out of the question

to try to enforce etiquette through, well, force, though I wouldn't recommend it."

Indri nods.

Sierpas says, "She did whisper to me twice to my recollection, once after telling me she

reported me for harassment"

Indri says, "Script-healing isn't against policy as long as they're not AFK, though it may

be lazy and offensive."

Indri says, "Scrolling..."

Indri says, "That you can report. And I'd certainly urge you to report it if your screen's

being scrolled, rather than bind the person."

Indri says, "That way the staff will be able to see."

Sierpas says, "Understood, so I can report her scrolling"
Indri nods.
You quietly ask, "so if that particular script scrolls the screen, then it is "illegal"

eh?"

Indri says, "The act of scrolling is considered disruptive. But I don't know what they'd

do in response. They may ask her to just make her script run slower."

Sierpas says, "Hm.. its a start"

You quietly say, "but I wonder..."

Indri says, "Mentioning her behavior out loud as you did, without directly mentioning her,

that's also a grey area..."
>Sierpas says, "Ok.. so binding a suspected script for exp healer is a no no.. gotcha"

Indri grins.

Sierpas says, "What about all these Warnings she likes handing out"

Sierpas asks, "Can I warn her back?"

Indri says, "Yeah, it's always better not to bind bad behavior, so the staff will be able

to see it."

Sierpas asks, "For every warning?"

Indri says, "Sure, if you like. There's not too much point though... all it does is make a

record, which your talking to me has already done."

You quietly ask, "I mean...everyone talks about promoting actual roleplay in this game and

everyone complains that it's not done..then we have this situation and it's like we get

the "we can't do anything about it" speech. and i know that you guys work hard and

all..but what is it we can do here?"

Indri says, "Unfortunately, this really does depend more on the people who come for

healing..."

Sierpas says, "I like indri's response"

Sierpas says, "He made it very clear what we could do"

Sierpas says, "Report for scrolling"

Sierpas says, "That is perfectly suitable for me"

>You quietly say, "I dont want to get into a battle of reports, though"

Indri says, "If they don't mind being script healed, then that's that. It's kind of up to

what the patient wants."

You elbow Sierpas in the ribs in a playful sort of way.

Indri grins.

You quietly say, "that just gets silly"

Sierpas asks, "But saying what I said out loud is not considered harassment?"

Indri says, "Well, feel free to report if she really is scrolling."

Indri holds up her hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Sierpas asks, "Especially if I don't mention any names?"
Indri says, "I'd be very brief and nonspecific."

Sierpas asks, "The whole fumbling over patients thing?"

>Indri says, "That's more about yourself than anything else."

Sierpas says, "So if I say the following"

Indri says, "Like... "Come to me for healing if you want attention without a lot of

noise.""

Sierpas says, "Those of you whom are injured, I ask that you request healing from an

empath that doesn't fumble over your body for the one or two scratches you may have. It

helps prevent the eye sore of fumble healing."

Sierpas says, "I like what I said better, it gives a very strong indirect message without

actually naming anyone"

You quietly say, "well, I prefer to just build a relationship with people here to heal so

they just ask me to start off. "
You nod to Sierpas.

Indri says, "I wouldn't have a problem with that, though I can imagine Sashanna continuing

to warn you for that if she has in the past. Not that her warning does anything more than

make a record."

Sierpas says, "Ok.. so I can say that, she will just continue to warn me for saying that

but those words are fine"

Indri says, "The staff knows all it means is that someone felt they were being harassed.

Whether they were or not requires more investigation."

You quietly ask, "when they warn, does that record include the text that she's warning

about? does it record the actual situation?"

Sierpas says, "Understood"

You quietly say, "just out of curiosity"

Indri looks over at you and shakes her head.

>Indri says, "I think those words are all right. If a GM comes by someday and tells you

differently, you can say 'But Indri let me.'"

You chuckle.

Sierpas says, "Ok Indri thank you very much for your kind words regarding this very

delicate matter."
You quietly say, "alright."
You quietly say, "yes, thank you"

>Indri grins.

>Indri says, "Welcome."

You quietly say, "we'll try not to be too annoyed"

Indri says, "I wish you the best of luck."

Sierpas says, "It is much appreciated"

You quietly say, "even though it gives our profession a bad name"

Indri says, "That's the way to do it."
You grunt.

A pained expression crosses Indri's face.
Indri waves.
Indri vanishes in a puff of smoke!

>You quietly say, "one of the wonders of elanthia..."

You quietly say, "when you boil it down to the salt, there's nothing anyone will do"

Scott
07-28-2003, 06:07 PM
This is why that stupid ass Transfer bodypart with no RT was the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Yeah... lets make empath's a script profession. If you transfer a wound, it should add 3 secs RT, if you try to transfer a wound that isn't there, you should get stunned for trying to heal something that isn't there..... sort of like when you try to raise someone when linked (not as long obviously though). This is slow down script healing and make it somewhat better since you have to wait 3 seconds or whatever.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-28-2003, 06:13 PM
I have a script written that looks at the person, figures out what to transfer, and transfers that specific wound. How hard is that?

sheesh.

Chyrain
07-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I have a script written that looks at the person, figures out what to transfer, and transfers that specific wound. How hard is that?

sheesh.

i have zero problem with a script like that. My problems with her script stems from the fact that when she uses it, it absolutely, in no way, can be considered roleplay.

and it looks ridiculous.

Sweets
07-28-2003, 07:46 PM
This is why each time I have tried to be an empath, I have rerolled before I hit 5 trainings. It's too frustrating to try and heal in an ambushing scripting environment. It seem everyone but a rare few do it. I would rather be a warrior. It's less brutal.

I also hate the warn verb. People hand it out like party favors.

Soulpieced
07-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Yes, that script is horrible. It really isn't very hard to make a script that will only heal the actual injuries on the person. Even if it does do a look every time, it will still be very fast without the ridiculous screen scroll of trying to heal every body type.

Bad scripters are worthless.

Adhara
07-28-2003, 08:30 PM
I play an empath that's most of the time in Illistim. People who don't play an empath often say how sweet it is to sit on a node and safely fry away (I know, I was one of them before I played one!) but it's hard work and the competition is fierce. Even in Illistim where I consider the people to be civilized and mostly polite, I've had several empaths just walk in, sit and grab as much as they can never caring if other (slower) empaths don't get any patients. I'm tempted to give names... maybe next time. But anyway oops my ranting took me off topic.

As an empath, I find this kind of script healing totally offensive. It gives the profession a bad name. I myself have a healing script where I look at the patient and just list the areas that need healing. Most of the time I don't even use it and do everything manually. But the point is that this mindless, utterly mediocre script is nothing but disruptive and I was shocked to see that none of the patients said anything. As a patient, I would have asked this empath to never touch me again unless she got her eyes checked.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Additionally funny to her warning you is the fact she continued to whisper and talk to you. When you warn you are supposed to shut the hell up and/or leave.

Zacciwie
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Oh, funny story (at least to me) about script healing.... Every time I went into Landing TC for a heal, I almost always got two screens of scroll from people trying to script heal me at once. I could never tell who it was that healed me each time due to the scroll.

What gets me angry, though, are those ambush scripters that get you as soon as you walk into a room. I'm not talking about a friend, I'm talking about those complete strangers that just out of thin air jump right on your wounds like a leech.

Oh, and then there's the time you actually need healing and ask for it, but no one heals you. When that happens to me, I just pull out the herbs and munch away right in front of them. Some of them get quite mad when they see that, even though they weren't busy when asked. It's hilarious.

Taernath
07-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Zacciwie
What gets me angry, though, are those ambush scripters that get you as soon as you walk into a room. I'm not talking about a friend, I'm talking about those complete strangers that just out of thin air jump right on your wounds like a leech.

I've had that happen before. I was on my way back from a hunt, no wounds, and this little empath starts trying to take my injuries (with all the scroll like above). I stare at her, tell her to keep her hands to herself, and she doesn't respond. So, figuring she's afk scripting, I left the room, came back, and bang, she does it again. So I stun her as a warning, then unstun her a moment later. At that point some of the other empaths there jump down my throat saying 'who are u to tell her what to do' and 'were not gonna heal u no more'. Whatever, no big loss. :D

Scott
07-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Taernath

Originally posted by Zacciwie

I've had that happen before. I was on my way back from a hunt, no wounds, and this little empath starts trying to take my injuries (with all the scroll like above). I stare at her, tell her to keep her hands to herself, and she doesn't respond. So, figuring she's afk scripting, I left the room, came back, and bang, she does it again. So I stun her as a warning, then unstun her a moment later. At that point some of the other empaths there jump down my throat saying 'who are u to tell her what to do' and 'were not gonna heal u no more'. Whatever, no big loss. :D

I wonder where empaths/clerics got this idea that they are untouchable. You know, you stun an empath or cleric and their like, "we're going to blacklist you!" Or the people that see you kill one of them and they panic. I will always get healed, I will always get raised because there will always be people who don't care. I just don't understand why they think they can get away with whatever they want and then scream when you do something to them.

Edaarin
07-29-2003, 03:38 AM
It's fun sometimes to wander around areas that are easy to script hunt (rats, krolvin, myklians, and so forth) and find someone who's afk scripting and knocking them over. Cruel, fun, and a little satisfying when you see them die.

Bestatte
07-29-2003, 06:47 AM
Scripting other than for performances seems strange to me, which was one reason why I never used a script except when telling a long story or singing a complex song during a performance. I just can't pace my typing so that it's fast enough that things show up before people start wondering if I'm AFK, and slow enough that everyone has a chance to read line #1 before line #2 and #3 show up on their screen.

But people will script, and the game supports it, so I suggest this instead:

1) Get rid of the echo that shows everyone in the room that "nothing happens" when someone tries to trans a wound that doesn't exist. If nothing happens, then there's nothing for us to see. When you "transfer" a wound as an empath, you're not reaching over, grabbing their injury, and placing it on your person. It's done empathically (doh?). That's kinda the whole point.

2) When someone attempts to transfer a wound that doesn't exist, they are still exerting the energy required to transfer a wound that -does- exist. Make that count. Remove HPs, or mana, or maybe even a percentage of a spirit point for each trans on a non-existing wound. If fatigue was a stat in Gemstone, I'd say that would be a perfect one to lower, but it doesn't, so I won't <g>.

Again - put the onus on the individual doing the work, and remove the need for others to react to it (or not react to it) entirely.

Change the echo that everyone else sees when you trans "nothing." Lower some kind of appropropriate attribute according to the "energy" required to trans from that body part (maybe dependant on how much you need to train before you can successfully trans that body part).

That's my suggestion for a solution to all this nonsense.

Oh yeah - and get rid of the whole warn system. That's just silly.

Chyrain
07-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

I wonder where empaths/clerics got this idea that they are untouchable. You know, you stun an empath or cleric and their like, "we're going to blacklist you!" Or the people that see you kill one of them and they panic. I will always get healed, I will always get raised because there will always be people who don't care. I just don't understand why they think they can get away with whatever they want and then scream when you do something to them.

I dunno, but Damina would like to take all of those people out herself. Or so she told me :)

Caels
07-30-2003, 10:53 AM
I had 2 scripts set aside for healing when I played.

The first, and my favorite, would check the time, then depending on the minute, would do a short scenario for roleplay. My character would chant and raise this pendant he wore, all kinds of lines and motions and emotions stored on the minute, and it even thanked the person and wished them well afterwards. Also had it set up to flag if I was healing another empath, that way I didn't thank them at the end unless I chose to myself. Obviously that script helped keep up roleplay formalities with less typing on my own. It also only checked for wounds that needed healing, not one that ran through the entire body. I got lots of approval from that script, but there are always people who think scripting is evil and that I should die for it.

The second script was a clean cut speed healer, for people who needed attention fast. It ran straight through whatever needed healing and then it cut off, no fancy add-ons. It only healed the needed parts as well. I also used that one sometimes when dealing with other empaths because it was less screen scroll for me.

Since I don't play anymore, I don't mind giving up the script for the first one, so if anyone would like to see it, just lemme know.

Chyrain
07-30-2003, 11:31 AM
me me me me me! Would it be easy to change for my own roleplay style?

Caels
07-30-2003, 08:06 PM
You'd have to come up with 60 methods to roleplay your own actions. But yes.

You could also cut it in half by changing the the way minutes are assigned to labels. For example, if you only wanted to account for thirty minutes or thirty scenarios, just change the part where it assigns the counter variable.