PDA

View Full Version : the disconnect thread

IorakeWarhammer
08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
wanted to make a new thread, not for sheer lulz, but for people to record when they were disconnected when it seemed their internet/computer was functioning normally.

i've been getting disconnected a lot lately and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

disconnected today around 9am i think (i'm at work - don't know for sure)

Deathravin
08-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Sometimes the game just gets crazy lagged, and will D/C the characters that are doing something (casters, spelling people up or hunting guys), but the characters that had no commands in that time to know the game wasn't responding ride it out until the connection is restored.

Last night was one of those nights.

calidus
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
My shit has been a mess. I'm either disconnected every night, or day, or I get home and find my PC has rebooted itself.

Not much afking for Calidus these days :P

IorakeWarhammer
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
yeah its unbelievable. the conspiracy theorist in me is going haywire although i really doubt its hackers heh

Fortybox
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
My shit has been a mess. I'm either disconnected every night, or day, or I get home and find my PC has rebooted itself.

Not much afking for Calidus these days :P

Stop griefing your computer then. It can only take so much pr0n and fapping.

Deathravin
08-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Stop griefing your computer then. It can only take so much pr0n and fapping.

nonsense! Somebody check the Rift, you'll find it's missing a grizzled raving lunatic.

Fortybox
08-13-2010, 04:47 PM
nonsense! Somebody check the Rift, you'll find it's missing a grizzled raving lunatic.

Deathravin, plz change your avatar to hawt girls again. Thx!

Deathravin
08-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Fuck you! I'm an anteater!

Parkbandit
08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
You don't think it's some GM that is simply turning off the power to the server.. just to fuck with you?

Daragon
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Lol I bet it is those dam Marlu guys again...J/K..
But I bet the blame is going to go to them again tho...

Toyalara
08-14-2010, 10:02 AM
House just spoke up on Lnet and said he slew you 21 times (crushing sting). Sorry I didn't think to post your death repetition sooner yesterday. That surely sucks. Did he actually kill you that many times in retaliation for you hunting Shakira? I thought maybe you were in a script fail cycle.

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 10:52 AM
i killed him- thats why

i dunno my wife cancelled the thing out. its ok if he did. i'm glad hes wasting his time. the whole point was to distract the hell out of him. i mean honestly, why on earth would a level 48 ranger go up against a level 60+ cleric with a 309 CS? does he think i didnt expect tons of retaliation?

i'm not the type to keep to myself and just script to 100. boring.

he's shakira, and i dislike those guys, so dying constantly to meet my aim of harassing/distracting/griefing them is alright. i surely doubt his EXP per hour has been exactly the same since griefing me.. ;p and even if it was, my aim was to get his blood pumping, and i know i did so.

honestly without bigshot i would be level 30 right now so.. losing the time/deeds is no bother

edit: he's friends with shakira, rescues her, has account access to someone/oblivion/shakira. personally i find the difference an issue of semantics. but true: house hasn't touched a soul until i screwed with him.

Ezio
08-14-2010, 11:17 AM
i killed him- thats why

i dunno my wife cancelled the thing out. its ok if he did. i'm glad hes wasting his time. the whole point was to distract the hell out of him. i mean honestly, why on earth would a level 48 ranger go up against a level 60+ cleric with a 309 CS? does he think i didnt expect tons of retaliation?

i'm not the type to keep to myself and just script to 100. boring.

he's shakira, and i dislike those guys, so dying constantly to meet my aim of harassing/distracting/griefing them is alright. i surely doubt his EXP per hour has been exactly the same since griefing me.. ;p and even if it was, my aim was to get his blood pumping, and i know i did so.

honestly without bigshot i would be level 30 right now so.. losing the time/deeds is no bother

Hi!

Someone and I now share account info to run afk scripts when the other can't be on but that doesn't make us the same person and it doesn't make me responsible for anything he has done. He knows that I want nothing to do with Marlu and I have never seen a log of my character doing something bad.

Jaeden attacked me for no reason while I was afk and so I retaliated in kind to make a point. He isn't immune to being killed and seemed to think that he would be.

Killing and raising Jaeden kept me perma-fried so it didn't hurt my experience much at all. If he didn't want to pick a fight then he would have left me alone so there shouldn't be any sympathy for him.

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 11:23 AM
you did good man and i think you enjoyed it ;p

but i griefed you for rescuing them

good job though that's pretty fucking awesome

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 11:24 AM
He isn't immune to being killed and seemed to think that he would be.

Killing and raising Jaeden kept me perma-fried so it didn't hurt my experience much at all. If he didn't want to pick a fight then he would have left me alone so there shouldn't be any sympathy for him.

309 CS cmon man you KNOW i expected war.

also i'm the lone ranger, not expecting a single soul to step up even with a peep in defense of me

i actually love your reaction. no one else has come even close. its refreshing. and it cost me a good bit of coin too..

Fortybox
08-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Wonder how many PC accounts this freak has.

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi!

Someone and I now share account info to run afk scripts when the other can't be on but that doesn't make us the same person and it doesn't make me responsible for anything he has done. He knows that I want nothing to do with Marlu and I have never seen a log of my character doing something bad.

i'm willing to accept his innocent plea here, but is he kind of in a nostradamus category? helpful to all including those that grief?

to his credit, i logged him a few times before this and he never retaliated. not deaths but just damage. he always was a cool customer and spoke to me about it. secondly, before i killed him we had a good convo. was i wrong to do him in?! clearly it didn't benefit me, hehe.. but i dunno, i just had to do it.

i'm shy to talk about it just because i don't want any sympathy from the Vanguards. i wanna be solo on this one. plus, House is a damn tank and i can't think of anyone else that can rock him like i can. (in terms of those willing to do so)

SpiffyJr
08-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi!

Jaeden attacked me for no reason while I was afk and so I retaliated in kind to make a point. He isn't immune to being killed and seemed to think that he would be.

Sure, Oblivion/Someone/House/Shakira.

Ezio
08-14-2010, 12:05 PM
i'm willing to accept his innocent plea here, but is he kind of in a nostradamus category? helpful to all including those that grief?

to his credit, i logged him a few times before this and he never retaliated. not deaths but just damage. he always was a cool customer and spoke to me about it. secondly, before i killed him we had a good convo. was i wrong to do him in?! clearly it didn't benefit me, hehe.. but i dunno, i just had to do it.

i'm shy to talk about it just because i don't want any sympathy from the Vanguards. i wanna be solo on this one. plus, House is a damn tank and i can't think of anyone else that can rock him like i can. (in terms of those willing to do so)

I've never been interested in pvping so this was my first (interesting) experience.

Like I said before I considered us even and we could let it drop. I'm still willing to let it go if you are. Anyway you won't be able to retaliate; due to the complexity involved with hunting creatures above level 60 I found that table raising is much easier experience. >:P

:foshizzle:

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
aww you turd. well you killed Jaeden 21 times c'mon you know I want to retaliate. i hate to fold my cards and give in because i got owned. oh the humanity!

your alt is Nietzche then? i saw him running around and was suspicious.

i really wish these posts could be moved to the Marlu folder because this is good action.

Ezio
08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
He let me know when you went to go hunt! :D

liquiddrool
08-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I get a lot of disconnects when I run Lich, never get DCs when running normal wizard client

IorakeWarhammer
08-14-2010, 02:05 PM
no disconnects last night and today it seems.

p.s. the fact that House made an alt to script kill called Nietzche (who said God is dead) is awesome. watching Nietzche die in the death scroll is entertaining. hate to say it guys but this fella is growin on me!!!

GsJersey
08-14-2010, 11:13 PM
had two potential discos however thanks to that little spiffy combo setup by jaimaltz (Login) Spiffy and Tillmens (Deathrecover)... was easily logged back in and running like it never happened....

I suggest you all get it. Great work to those guys

SWEET

Fiddlesticks
08-19-2010, 08:18 AM
servers just went boom. about 5:15am PST

Jace Solo
08-19-2010, 08:27 AM
8:15 EST...fucking sucks

Deathravin
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
servers just went boom. about 5:15am PST

Technically it was the connection between the servers and the internet that hiccuped.

It had sporadic ups and downs. These are actually worse than the servers going boom. At least when that happens, everybody is flash-preserved like in pompe. But when they come back up, you're right where you were.

When the connectivity is spotty like this, everybody stays in the game for 5, 10, 15, even 30 minutes. You don't see anything happening to your character, but if somebody could watch from the server itself, you're getting gang raped by whatever you were hunting.

Fiddlesticks
08-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Technically it was the connection between the servers and the internet that hiccuped.

It had sporadic ups and downs. These are actually worse than the servers going boom. At least when that happens, everybody is flash-preserved like in pompe. But when they come back up, you're right where you were.

When the connectivity is spotty like this, everybody stays in the game for 5, 10, 15, even 30 minutes. You don't see anything happening to your character, but if somebody could watch from the server itself, you're getting gang raped by whatever you were hunting.

yep, looks like simu has their servers hosted through US net. if their website is any indication of anything... they probably haven't updated a piece of hardware since Clinton was in office, and are most likely buying crappy bandwidth.

RichardCranium
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM