PDA

View Full Version : How to crashproof your shattered character

Jaimaltz
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
With the server seemingly going down daily, a standardized guide/method of automatically logging back into the game unattended is necessary. I'm very much open to suggestions for improvement. This is what I have so far.

There's a couple small setup changes you should make first, but it's not too bad. You need your setup to start off your routines right from the scripts in your favorites. Just sticking bigshot in your favs is a poor way to do it because you'll often hunt unprepared.

So you need a resting script that goes through your resting routine so your character will always be ready. I edited mine to remove all the hardcoding so it should work out of the box for anyone. It runs to your resting_room_id, runs your resting commands, runs your resting scripts, and starts up bigshot when that's done. I've also added this script into the repository as resting_routine.lic

# This script brings you to your resting_room_id, runs your bigshot
# resting commands, your resting scripts, and then starts up bigshot
# Useful to use when you want to set off a script and leave the keyboard
# but your character isn't ready to hunt yet.

def dotheresting
until percentmind <= Integer(UserVars.op['rest_till_exp']) and percentmana >= Integer(UserVars.op['rest_till_mana']) and percentstamina >= 55
echo "Percent Mind: #{percentmind}"
echo "Percent Mana: #{percentmana}"
echo "Percent Stamina: #{percentstamina}"
fput "exper"
sleep 60
end
fput "disband"
end

def run_script( script, pause = true, args = [] )
unless( running?(script) )
start_script( script, args )
end
while(pause)
break if !running?(script)
sleep 1
end
end

def run_scripts( scripts, pause = true )
scripts.each do |i|
tokens = i.split(/\s+/)
if( tokens.size > 1 )
run_script( tokens[0], pause, tokens[1..-1] )
else
run_script( tokens[0], pause )
end
end
end

def resting_commands
mycommands = UserVars.op['resting_commands'].split(%r{,\s*})
for command in mycommands
fput "#{command}"
sleep 1
end
end

start_script("go2", [ Integer(UserVars.op['resting_room_id']), '_disable_confirm_'])
wait_while { running?("go2")}
resting_commands
run_scripts( UserVars.op['resting_scripts'].split(%r{,\s*}))
dotheresting
start_script("bigshot", [ "solo" ])

You can download this script with this command: ;repo download resting_routine

Next, add this script to your favs. You can do that with this commands: ;favs add resting_routine

Now when you log back in, it'll run the resting routine and then run bigshot for you, and you're good to go.

Next step is to get a shell script going (not a lich script) that will check if lich is running and relaunch the game if it is not. I've written two versions, one for linux, and one for Windows. Here's the Linux one.

#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 ]
do
charlist="character1 character2 character3 character4"
for character in $charlist
do
if ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "login $character"
then
echo "$character is already logged in"
else
echo "launching game for $character"
/usr/bin/ruby /home/craig/lich/lich.rb --login $character &
fi
done
sleep 60
done

Replace this line: charlist="character1 character2 character3 character4"

with one that'll fit your setup. For example, I only run one character, so mine would look like this:

charlist="jaimaltz"

Next, make sure the path is correct, replace this line: /usr/bin/ruby /home/craig/lich/lich.rb --login $character &

With the correct paths to ruby and lich.

Since Lich has to be run as a superuser, it's best to run this script using sudo (on windows Vista/7 this would be the equivalent of right clicking and selecting run as administrator). Then, just don't close the terminal window - minimize and forget about it. There may be a more reliable method of checking if the game is running than just checking if lich is running. If you know of one, spill the beans!

For windows, you need a different setup.

This script uses ruby, which everyone should have if they're using lich. It was developed on Windows XP 32-bit, for Vista and 7 32 bit, you would right click and select run as administrator. For Vista and 7 - 64 bit windows you right click, select properties, select Compatibility tab, select system (in this case you could select XP with SP2), then click run as administrator. (Thanks Daragon for that tip)

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'win32ole'
rubypath = "C:\\Program Files\\Ruby-1.8.6\\bin\\ruby.exe"
lichpath = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\bobalou\\My Documents\\lich\\lich.rbw"
character = "jaimaltz"
wmi = WIN32OLE.connect("winmgmts://")

def connectgame(execstring)
system("#{execstring}")
end

loop{
processes = wmi.ExecQuery("select * from win32_process")
for process in processes do
if process.CommandLine =~ /login #{character}/
puts "#{character} is already logged on"
else
command = "\"" + rubypath + "\" \"" + lichpath + "\" --login " + character
connectgame(command)
sleep 5
break
end
end
sleep 60
}

You'll have to edit the path to ruby, path to lich, and your character name for it to work. For multiple characters, you'll have to make a bunch of copies of the script with the different characters set in each script and run them simultaneously.

To use it, copy and paste it into notepad++ or whatever your favorite editor is, make the changes above and save it as "character.rbw" (character is your character's name, easier to keep track that way)

After this, you're pretty much crash proof.

I'm looking for some people to do additional testing for this. If you use these methods, please post here if you have good or bad results with it.

Deathravin
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Ya, but how do you make sure it's running on 4 characters on 1 computer?

SpiffyJr
08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

Jaimaltz
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Ya, but how do you make sure it's running on 4 characters on 1 computer?

I only play 1 character, so I hadn't considered that situation, thanks for bringing it up. I noticed if I check my process list, I get this:

craig 17021 17017 15 10:44 pts/3 00:09:30 /usr/bin/ruby /home/craig/lich/lich.rb --login jaimaltz

We can use the "login jaimaltz" or more accurately "login charactername" to key off of, and modify the script I posted to be something like this:

#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 ]
do
do
then
else
fi
done
sleep 60
done

I don't have access to a windows machine to get a windows port working though. I should go download virtualbox or something.

IorakeWarhammer
08-13-2010, 12:08 PM
awesome work here guys, i may need to implement this soon. i taught my wife how to log me in, spell me up, and initiate bigshot, but if i do this it will save her the time :P

Jaimaltz
08-13-2010, 12:19 PM
awesome work here guys, i may need to implement this soon. i taught my wife how to log me in, spell me up, and initiate bigshot, but if i do this it will save her the time :P

That is hilarious to me. "Honey, I need you to check on this text based online role playing game I have my computer playing all day long. Here's a bunch of instructions on running scripts to get him going again if my character gets disconnected. I need you to check on this once an hour until I get home. Thanks babe, I'm off to work now!"

My GF would totally break up with me.

Buckwheet
08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah but I think if his wife breaks up with him, he gets the right to stone her to death, or maybe its just chop off her head.

So its not really a win for her.

Jaimaltz
08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I managed to get a windows version working - for a single character only.

Only reason I couldn't get it working for multiple ones, is that the system("lich starting command") waits for it to return before continuing, which it never does. Lame, with the shell script on linux all I had to do was stick a "&" at the end, which doesn't seem to work here.

Anyway, here it is. It uses ruby, which everyone should have if they're using lich. It's only tested on windows XP 32-bit, you might have to right click-run as administrator if using vista or 7, and will probably fail if you're using 64 bit:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'win32ole'
character = "jaimaltz"

system("#{execstring}")
end

loop{
else
connectgame(command)
sleep 5
break
end
end
sleep 60
}

To use it, copy and paste it into notepad++ or whatever your favorite editor is, and save it as "lichreloader.rbw"

You'll have to edit the path to ruby, path to lich, and your character name for it to work. For multiple characters, you'll have to make a bunch of copies of the script with the different characters set in each script and run them simultaneously.

Shitty workaround for the system call problem, but that's all I got for now.

BigWorm
08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
That is hilarious to me. "Honey, I need you to check on this text based online role playing game I have my computer playing all day long. Here's a bunch of instructions on running scripts to get him going again if my character gets disconnected. I need you to check on this once an hour until I get home. Thanks babe, I'm off to work now!"

My GF would totally break up with me.

You've literally replaced his wife with a very small shell script.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/frustrations/374d

Daragon
08-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Anyway, here it is. It uses ruby, which everyone should have if they're using lich. It's only tested on windows XP 32-bit, you might have to right click-run as administrator if using vista or 7, and will probably fail if you're using 64 bit:

For Vista(and 64 bit windows) you right click, select properties, select Compatibility tab, select system(in this case you could select XP with SP2), then click run as administrator.

Jaimaltz
08-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Updated the guide, added an update for the resting_routine script, and gave more clear instructions.

GsJersey
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=Jaimaltz;1154072]With the server seemingly going down daily, a standardized guide/method of automatically logging back into the game unattended is necessary. I'm very much open to suggestions for improvement. This is what I have so far.

There's a couple small setup changes you should make first, but it's not too bad. You need your setup to start off your routines right from the scripts in your favorites. Just sticking bigshot in your favs is a poor way to do it because you'll often hunt unprepared.

So you need a resting script that goes through your resting routine so your character will always be ready. I edited mine to remove all the hardcoding so it should work out of the box for anyone. It runs to your resting_room_id, runs your resting commands, runs your resting scripts, and starts up bigshot when that's done. I've also added this script into the repository as resting_routine.lic

# This script brings you to your resting_room_id, runs your bigshot
# resting commands, your resting scripts, and then starts up bigshot
# Useful to use when you want to set off a script and leave the keyboard
# but your character isn't ready to hunt yet.

def dotheresting
until percentmind <= Integer(UserVars.op['rest_till_exp']) and percentmana >= Integer(UserVars.op['rest_till_mana']) and percentstamina >= 55
echo "Percent Mind: #{percentmind}"
echo "Percent Mana: #{percentmana}"
echo "Percent Stamina: #{percentstamina}"
if Char.name =~ /Jaimaltz/
fput "hold hand sluntty"
else
fput "exper"
end
sleep 60
end
fput "disband"
end

def run_script( script, pause = true, args = [] )
unless( running?(script) )
start_script( script, args )
end
while(pause)
break if !running?(script)
sleep 1
end
end

def run_scripts( scripts, pause = true )
scripts.each do |i|
tokens = i.split(/\s+/)
if( tokens.size > 1 )
run_script( tokens[0], pause, tokens[1..-1] )
else
run_script( tokens[0], pause )
end
end
end

def resting_commands
mycommands = UserVars.op['resting_commands'].split(%r{,\s*})
for command in mycommands
fput "#{command}"
sleep 1
end
end

start_script("go2", [ Integer(UserVars.op['resting_room_id']), '_disable_confirm_'])
wait_while { running?("go2")}
resting_commands
run_scripts( UserVars.op['resting_scripts'].split(%r{,\s*}))
dotheresting
start_script("bigshot", [ "solo" ])

You can download this script with this command: ;repo download resting_routine

Next, add this script to your favs. You can do that with this commands: ;favs add resting_routine

Now when you log back in, it'll run the resting routine and then run bigshot for you, and you're good to go.

Next step is to get a shell script going (not a lich script) that will check if lich is running and relaunch the game if it is not. I've written two versions, one for linux, and one for Windows. Here's the Linux one.

#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 ]
do
do
then
else
fi
done
sleep 60
done

Replace this line: charlist="character1 character2 character3 character4"

with one that'll fit your setup. For example, I only run one character, so mine would look like this:

charlist="jaimaltz"

Next, make sure the path is correct, replace this line: /usr/bin/ruby /home/craig/lich/lich.rb --login $character &

With the correct paths to ruby and lich.

Since Lich has to be run as a superuser, it's best to run this script using sudo (on windows Vista/7 this would be the equivalent of right clicking and selecting run as administrator). Then, just don't close the terminal window - minimize and forget about it. There may be a more reliable method of checking if the game is running than just checking if lich is running. If you know of one, spill the beans!

For windows, you need a different setup.

This script uses ruby, which everyone should have if they're using lich. It was developed on Windows XP 32-bit, for Vista and 7 32 bit, you would right click and select run as administrator. For Vista and 7 - 64 bit windows you right click, select properties, select Compatibility tab, select system (in this case you could select XP with SP2), then click run as administrator. (Thanks Daragon for that tip)

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'win32ole'
character = "jaimaltz"

system("#{execstring}")
end

loop{
else
connectgame(command)
sleep 5
break
end
end
sleep 60
}

I am using it on a laptop windows did the fav routine and saved everything. It did not automatically log me in. It started my rountine for resting and ran bigshot itself seperately at the same time once i manually logged in.

And just to make sure I have this right. You copy and paste the script into notepad and save it. Specifically after saving to notebook what am i right clicking? a step may be missing here for me I think this is gonna rock once it is setup thanks I changed the paths also

Jaimaltz
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM
I am using it on a laptop windows did the fav routine and saved everything. It did not automatically log me in. It started my rountine for resting and ran bigshot itself seperately at the same time once i manually logged in.

And just to make sure I have this right. You copy and paste the script into notepad and save it. Specifically after saving to notebook what am i right clicking? a step may be missing here for me I think this is gonna rock once it is setup thanks I changed the paths also

Ok, just to make sure, you saved the windows script (the ruby one) and not the linux shell script, correct?

Also, when you save the script in notepad, make sure you select "all files" so you don't accidently save it as charname.rbw.txt.

As for editing the path, make sure you follow the convention of using two \\ to separate each folder, in ruby you have to "escape" the "\" character in the path. "escaping" the "\" character tells the program to use the "\" character itself, and not the special behavior the "\" character usually does.

I was running a slightly older version of ruby, so make sure this path:

is correct. the "C:\\Program Files\\Ruby-1.8.6\\bin\\ruby.exe" roughly translates to "C:\Program Files\Ruby-1.8.6\bin\ruby.exe" normally. Same type of deal with the lich path.

For example, if you're lich path was C:\users\yourname\documents\lich\lich.rbw you would need to put in

lichpath = "C:\\users\\yourname\\documents\\lich\\lich.rbw"

I hope those examples help you edit these two paths.

The file you are right clicking is the charname.rbw (which you just saved from notepad).

Finally, make sure you edit the character section, notably this:

character = "jaimaltz"

Replace jaimaltz with your character's name.

One last thing that I might have left out, how do you normally log into the game? Are you using the sge, or clicking on lich.rbw and running that? In order for the command line option to work, you have to run lich.rbw once by hand in order to get lich to cache your login and password, otherwise lich won't know what to do when you try to run it from the script.

pabstblueribbon
08-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Ok, just to make sure, you saved the windows script (the ruby one) and not the linux shell script, correct?

Also, when you save the script in notepad, make sure you select "all files" so you don't accidently save it as charname.rbw.txt.

As for editing the path, make sure you follow the convention of using two \\ to separate each folder, in ruby you have to "escape" the "\" character in the path. "escaping" the "\" character tells the program to use the "\" character itself, and not the special behavior the "\" character usually does.

I was running a slightly older version of ruby, so make sure this path:

is correct. the "C:\\Program Files\\Ruby-1.8.6\\bin\\ruby.exe" roughly translates to "C:\Program Files\Ruby-1.8.6\bin\ruby.exe" normally. Same type of deal with the lich path.

For example, if you're lich path was C:\users\yourname\documents\lich\lich.rbw you would need to put in

lichpath = "C:\\users\\yourname\\documents\\lich\\lich.rbw"

I hope those examples help you edit these two paths.

The file you are right clicking is the charname.rbw (which you just saved from notepad).

Finally, make sure you edit the character section, notably this:

character = "jaimaltz"

Replace jaimaltz with your character's name.

One last thing that I might have left out, how do you normally log into the game? Are you using the sge, or clicking on lich.rbw and running that? In order for the command line option to work, you have to run lich.rbw once by hand in order to get lich to cache your login and password, otherwise lich won't know what to do when you try to run it from the script.

Pretty sure GSJersey doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he's doing. This should be entertaining.

Or frustrating, for you.

JohnDoe
08-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Testing the Windows version of this today. Fortunately, I already had my rest script set up the way you suggested, so this should (hopefully) be an easy fit. Thanks for posting this.

Probably another dumb question, but how do I get this script to stop running? Right now I'm just killing ruby via the task manager.

JohnDoe
08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Testing the Windows version of this today. Fortunately, I already had my rest script set up the way you suggested, so this should (hopefully) be an easy fit. Thanks for posting this.

Probably another dumb question, but how do I get this script to stop running? Right now I'm just killing ruby via the task manager.

Works to log me back in when I disconnect myself - tried this about a dozen times and it's worked each time. Looking good there.

But, I keep getting hit with the User Administrator Console prompt when the ruby.exe tries to launch SF. I've already set Run as Administrator from the Compatibility menu for ruby.exe, Launcher, and SGE. Any ideas?

JohnDoe
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Works to log me back in when I disconnect myself - tried this about a dozen times and it's worked each time. Looking good there.

But, I keep getting hit with the User Administrator Console prompt when the ruby.exe tries to launch SF. I've already set Run as Administrator from the Compatibility menu for ruby.exe, Launcher, and SGE. Any ideas?

Even when running as Adminstrator in Win7, the UAC still prompts you. That interferes with being able to use the ruby script to log you back on. I followed the instructions on http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80938-user-account-control-uac-elevate-privilege-level.html and modified 1 registry setting that eliminates the UAC prompt. This seems to work. That said, I need to look into this some more as I don't want to completely turn off the UAC prompt - but based on several other sites that discuss this topic, it looks like it's all or nothing in Windows 7.

Anyhow, eliminating the UAC prompt allows the ruby script to reconnect. Works great. Thanks again.

Separate question - anyone know how to make SF close after it's been disconnected? Since it's such a memory hog, if I got disconnected and it's left open with another SF instance running, I could run into memory/performance issues.

Jaimaltz
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Even when running as Adminstrator in Win7, the UAC still prompts you. That interferes with being able to use the ruby script to log you back on. I followed the instructions on http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80938-user-account-control-uac-elevate-privilege-level.html and modified 1 registry setting that eliminates the UAC prompt. This seems to work. That said, I need to look into this some more as I don't want to completely turn off the UAC prompt - but based on several other sites that discuss this topic, it looks like it's all or nothing in Windows 7.

Man I hate windows. You might be able to make a simple .cmd script to run the reloader script. Open up notepad and put the path to your reloader script in it. Then save it as "lichloader.cmd" or something. Once you do that, do a right click on that cmd file, and run as administrator. In theory, everything run off of that cmd file should be as administrator without prompting. Worth a try.

Anyhow, eliminating the UAC prompt allows the ruby script to reconnect. Works great. Thanks again.

Glad to see it's getting tested and is working.

Separate question - anyone know how to make SF close after it's been disconnected? Since it's such a memory hog, if I got disconnected and it's left open with another SF instance running, I could run into memory/performance issues.

I always use the wizard, which has no leaks, so I don't know. It doesn't sound too hard though, I'd probably just need to figure out how to kill a process in ruby, and have it kill stormfront before relaunching lich. Does stormfront have a setting to leave open on disconnect? I know the wizard does, if you can find that setting, turning it off would seemingly solve the problem as well.

GsJersey
08-14-2010, 11:19 AM
One last thing that I might have left out, how do you normally log into the game? Are you using the sge, or clicking on lich.rbw and running that? In order for the command line option to work, you have to run lich.rbw once by hand in order to get lich to cache your login and password, otherwise lich won't know what to do when you try to run it from the script.[/QUOTE]

I was running it using sge and that may be why so i will recheck all the steps. I had a shell window popping up here and there but never logged back in. I am sure these steps will deffinately help.
Thanks so much

JohnDoe
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I always use the wizard, which has no leaks, so I don't know. It doesn't sound too hard though, I'd probably just need to figure out how to kill a process in ruby, and have it kill stormfront before relaunching lich. Does stormfront have a setting to leave open on disconnect? I know the wizard does, if you can find that setting, turning it off would seemingly solve the problem as well.

Haven't been able to find a setting like that where SF will close on disconnect. Solution may be to use the Wizard, probably the better option when afk anyhow.

JohnDoe
08-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Didn't take my bounty scripts into account logging back in automatically - will need to make some adjustments if I'm disconnected/reconnected while in the middle of working on one.

GsJersey
08-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure GSJersey doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he's doing. This should be entertaining.

Or frustrating, for you.

Actually i do was just missing double slash so shaddup
thanks working well

Jaimaltz
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Haven't been able to find a setting like that where SF will close on disconnect. Solution may be to use the Wizard, probably the better option when afk anyhow.

I think the wizard is a better option all around. Only things I missed moving to the wizard was a stamina bar and the room window updating quickly. If you use uberbar that'll take care of the stamina bar though.

At least you get to avoid the nasty memory leaks.

Nostradamus
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM

I have been using it for a couple days and it has logged me back in and left the window up. But doesnt seem to be too much a drain.
One thing I noticed you have to run deathrecover and keepalive in the hunting portion of the bigshot script to bring you back if you have a death after a log off.

Actually If you put those into favs it would auto start the scripts i need automatically that bigshot doesnt use correct?

Boreus
08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Ok I have this setup and it is working great for one of my characters however on the other it reconnects me but it also disconnects me I keep getting kicked off the second character with an invalid login key error

Edit Nevermind went into task manager and found 3 instances running instead of 2 killed them all started from scratch and it's working great now

Fatsix
08-17-2010, 09:01 AM
There's gotta be a problem with bigshot not getting the information it requires in a certain amount of time. My forging character hardly gets disconnected, however the others frequently do. Maybe bigshot needs some lines put in to re retrieve the code if it doesn't get it in a certain amount of time.

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm doing something wrong, I copied the scripts. I renamed the character specific one to optimus.rbw when i enter ;optimus lich tells me its no a recognized script. i made sure when i saved it, that it was *.*

GSFHenry
08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm doing something wrong, I copied the scripts. I renamed the character specific one to optimus.rbw when i enter ;optimus lich tells me its no a recognized script. i made sure when i saved it, that it was *.*

This example is for a Ruby program, not a Lich script.

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 06:37 PM
then how is it run thru lich when you are disconnected. i was under the assumption that it would sense the disconnect and then re login...

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 06:38 PM
well. if i open the rbw, it launches and logs me in, do i have to leave that cmd window open or just log in my characters once thru it?

Jaimaltz
08-19-2010, 07:26 PM

It can't be run by lich because it works by detecting if lich isn't running. It's a standalone script that you run, and it'll launch your character.

If you use windows XP, you can just double click it. For Vista and 7, right click and select run as administrator. For Vista and 7 - 64 bit windows you right click, select properties, select Compatibility tab, select system (in this case you could select XP with SP2), then click run as administrator.

To test if it's working, type quit in the game to log out. In 60 seconds or so it should log you right back in.

well. if i open the rbw, it launches and logs me in, do i have to leave that cmd window open or just log in my characters once thru it?

You probably need to minimize it. I haven't tested closing it to see if it continues to run in the background or not, since I'm a linux user and using virtualbox is a pain in my ass.

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 08:40 PM
yeah i got it working, but the game went down. would be nice if the windows could be closed, so i dont have 10 things on the taskbar.

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
nevermind

JohnDoe
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I've been running this script for 5 days now on Win7 - works great. On 2-3 occasions, it's logged me back in using the Wizard, instead of SF. Any idea why that would happen? Thinking it may be a lich.rbw issue, not an issue with this script.

Jaimaltz
08-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you can use the "-s" flag to force it to use stormfront. You could try editing the command = line from this:

to this:

command = "\"" + rubypath + "\" \"" + lichpath + "\" --login " + character + "-s"

JohnDoe
08-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I think you can use the "-s" flag to force it to use stormfront. You could try editing the command = line from this:

to this:

command = "\"" + rubypath + "\" \"" + lichpath + "\" --login " + character + "-s"

or with a space between character and -s?

command = "\"" + rubypath + "\" \"" + lichpath + "\" --login " + character + " -s"

Jaimaltz
08-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Oops, yeah you need the space.

Liagala
08-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Windows XP, changed the file paths for lich and ruby (yes, double slashes), changed the character name. Saved it as bacons.rbw (bacons is my character), and remembered to switch it to "all files" in the Save As menu, so I didn't get bacons.rbw.txt.

There is no right-click run option, administrator or otherwise, and when I double click the thing or open it with Ruby, all I get is a Ruby process in the task manager, that sits there forever and does absolutely nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I logged out and re-logged in via the lich menu to make sure it had character names and passwords saved correctly. It does.

Boreus
08-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Double check your paths I had it do the same thing the first time because I had \\program files(x86)\\ instead of \\program files (x86)\\

GsJersey
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I've been running this script for 5 days now on Win7 - works great. On 2-3 occasions, it's logged me back in using the Wizard, instead of SF. Any idea why that would happen? Thinking it may be a lich.rbw issue, not an issue with this script.

Actually happened to me when I first did it. Check your Lich quick entry and make sure stormfront is checked. I unchecked wizard and checked Stormfront and was great from there.
Hope it helps

GsJersey
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Double check your paths I had it do the same thing the first time because I had \\program files(x86)\\ instead of \\program files (x86)\\

The easiest way to make sure the path is correct. (I run it on 3 different comps so I have learned the hard way) Been re-logging with exception of the crash for over 5 days straight.
Open lich quick entry and click the install tab, Look in the website lauch order window it will have both the path for ruby and lich on the same line for your computer. All you have to do is cut and paste it to label your path. Although you will have to add the double slash.

Then make sure you log in once by double clicking the icon after you save it. When you log off by quitting. It should automatically log you back in within a couple minutes and you know it works properly.

Also a second tip. Use deathrecover script in the hunting script portion of bigshot and as a fav because if you die from (logoff critter death) it will run your resting routine and start deathrecover. And I noticed deathrecover won't work correctly when logging back in under favs alone when you die hunting afterwards. Not sure anyone else has had this problem. Just a suggestion good luck.

Edit-Spelling =)

Liagala
08-22-2010, 01:56 PM
This script uses ruby, which everyone should have if they're using lich. It was developed on Windows XP 32-bit, for Vista and 7 32 bit, you would right click and select run as administrator. For Vista and 7 - 64 bit windows you right click, select properties, select Compatibility tab, select system (in this case you could select XP with SP2), then click run as administrator. (Thanks Daragon for that tip).

I got this working on my desktop (Windows XP), but my laptop is not cooperating at all. Windows 7, 64 bit. I have no options for Run as Administrator, or for Compatibility tab. It works like a charm if I shut off UAC, but I don't really want to do that. Halp?

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee346/None1414/Untitled-1.jpg

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee346/None1414/Compatibility.jpg

GSFHenry
08-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Go to your ruby folder and right click on ruby.exe and set that to Compatibility XP SP3 and run as admin, then try again.

Liagala
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Go to your ruby folder and right click on ruby.exe and set that to Compatibility XP SP3 and run as admin, then try again.

That did it. Thank you!