PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Down?

Athgo
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Did shattered just take a shit for anyone else?

radamanthys
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Yep. Exactly the time I Remoted in, too. I thought it was me.

liquiddrool
08-10-2010, 10:58 PM
main seems to be up but I have no characters there

Donquix
08-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Yep. Exactly the time I Remoted in, too. I thought it was me.

Same for me, just got home and was going to check in.

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Oblivion/House/Someone/Shakira did it. I've known of a bard bug per another player for some time now and tonight confirmed my fears that some gigantic douche bag would get a hold of it.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=3&message=47458

radamanthys
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

If I hook a kitchen knife up to a car battery, can I stab him IRL with a feras dagger?

(kidding)

Tisket
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
If this ends up getting his accounts banned then it's a welcome crash indeed.

alski415
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I called her a dumb whore for keeping the spell song up in TSC, so she got upset I guess and said, lets try this. Literally half a second later everyone is booted.

Hey bitch, you wanted to complain about being attacked and griefed? Im stayin the landing just for you cumbucket.

MarluAuctions
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Oblivion/House/Someone/Shakira did it. I've known of a bard bug per another player for some time now and tonight confirmed my fears that some gigantic douche bag would get a hold of it.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=3&message=47458

Relax spazzwad. It most definitely was not intentional, and not a bard song bug. It was a broken XML error. Full report will be made to Simu to help them troubleshoot it. I play the game just like everyone else and I don't take things as far as you and your crew to resolve in-game conflict.

Donquix
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm upset you edited out your scripts dying. I wanted to see that :-P

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Relax spazzwad. It most definitely was not intentional, and not a bard song bug. It was a broken XML error. Full report will be made to Simu to help them troubleshoot it. I play the game just like everyone else and I don't take things as far as you and your crew to resolve in-game conflict.

What have I done to resolve in-game conflict besides... kill people in game? kthxbai.

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm upset you edited out your scripts dying. I wanted to see that :-P

Nothing special.

--- Lich: deathrecover has exited.

--- Lich: sorter has exited.

--- Lich: sbounty has exited.

--- Lich: bigshot has exited.

--- Lich: keepalive has exited.

--- Lich: lnet has exited.

--- Lich: infomon has exited.

--- Lich: narost has exited.

--- Lich: notify has exited.

MarluAuctions
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM
What have I done to resolve in-game conflict besides... kill people in game? kthxbai.

You mean besides trying to get me banned from Gemstone by making up stories on the officials about me intentionally crashing the server?

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
You mean besides trying to get me banned from Gemstone by making up stories on the officials about me intentionally crashing the server?

We'll let them decide. Don't worry, you're not the curse bomber either. I caught your dumb ass back then and I'd bet my first born it wasn't accidental this time either.

Fortybox
08-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Hopefully they will see what he is doing and ban him into "oblivion." This guy is creepy weird...like Buffalo Bill meets Bud Light mixed with Prozac.

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Hopefully they will see what he is doing and ban him into "oblivion." This guy is creepy weird...like Buffalo Bill meets Bud Light mixed with Prozac.

It's one thing to grief a player and a whole new bag of gaydom to fuck with the money flow.

MarluAuctions
08-10-2010, 11:22 PM
We'll let them decide. Don't worry, you're not the curse bomber either. I caught your dumb ass back then and I'd bet my first born it wasn't accidental this time either.

This is a massive leap in retard-logic. Sit back, relax, take a deep breath and think about it.

Funtimes
08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
If you crashed the game to "test a bug" you're pretty much a dumb fuck.

That's like trying to shoot the president to see if they have enough secret service.

subzero
08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Shakira just arrived.

In response to the piercing, shrill tones of Shakira's song, the normal flow of mana and magic seems to become disrupted.

Shakira frowns.

Thizzle asks, "Do you mind?"
Thizzle looks thoughtfully at Shakira.

Shakira says, "When I am attacked, I become a disruptive player."

Shakira says, "When I am left alone, I leave everyone else alone."

Thizzle says, "I see the reason you got attacked."

Taeguk asks, "Who the fuck is singin song of noise?"

Shakira says, "I haven't bothered anyone, yet I get griefed."

Thizzle asks, "Cause your a dumb whore?"

You stop for a moment to shield your ears from the irritating noise.

Shakira smiles.

Thizzle says, "Thats about right."

Thizzle says, "You've been doin this shit since day one."

Spikey whines at Shakira!

Shakira says, "I do this when attacked."

Thizzle says, "Step outside the sanct, ill take a murder charge for you."

Ifor mutters cunt.

Shakira shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.

Shakira says, "It could be worse."

Shakira ponders.

Shakira says, "Let's try this thing out."
You concentrate to maintain your sanity amid all the noise.

--- Lich: uberspells has exited.

--- Lich: voodoo has exited.

--- Lich: uberbar has exited.

--- Lich: nofog has exited.

--- Lich: autosort has exited.

* Connection to the game has been lost. You will need to login again to continue playing.

It could be worse... let's try this thing out... server down. 2 + 2 = 5!

SpiffyJr
08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Shakira just arrived.

In response to the piercing, shrill tones of Shakira's song, the normal flow of mana and magic seems to become disrupted.

Shakira frowns.

Thizzle asks, "Do you mind?"
Thizzle looks thoughtfully at Shakira.

Shakira says, "When I am attacked, I become a disruptive player."

Shakira says, "When I am left alone, I leave everyone else alone."

Thizzle says, "I see the reason you got attacked."

Taeguk asks, "Who the fuck is singin song of noise?"

Shakira says, "I haven't bothered anyone, yet I get griefed."

Thizzle asks, "Cause your a dumb whore?"

You stop for a moment to shield your ears from the irritating noise.

Shakira smiles.

Thizzle says, "Thats about right."

Thizzle says, "You've been doin this shit since day one."

Spikey whines at Shakira!

Shakira says, "I do this when attacked."

Thizzle says, "Step outside the sanct, ill take a murder charge for you."

Ifor mutters cunt.

Shakira shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.

Shakira ponders.

--- Lich: uberspells has exited.

--- Lich: voodoo has exited.

--- Lich: uberbar has exited.

--- Lich: nofog has exited.

--- Lich: autosort has exited.

* Connection to the game has been lost. You will need to login again to continue playing.

It could be worse... let's try this thing out... server down. 2 + 2 = 5!

I was just about to post that. Glad someone else saw it.

Tisket
08-10-2010, 11:30 PM
He's been planning to do this for a while. What a fucking whackjob.

Fortybox
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
He's been planning to do this for a while. What a fucking whackjob.

I wonder how many other times this was from him too.

Drunken Durfin
08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Getting banned from Shattered...hrmm, there is an awesome joke in there somewhere.

Tisket
08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Please wait for connection to game server.
The game is up but access to it has been restricted for internal testing.

Daragon
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
hmm...looks about right to me...

Fortybox
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Getting banned from Shattered...hrmm, there is an awesome joke in there somewhere.

Eh...this goes too far. He's screwing with Simu now.

Athgo
08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Its back up for now....

MarluAuctions
08-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I already said it was probably my script that crashed the game (I saw an XML error right before it went down), but I want to play just like everyone else and wouldn't ever crash the server on purpose. You have no justification in thinking I would do such a thing -- you're making a lame attempt at social engineering to get me banned. If you can't deal with me in game that's your own problem. This is a completely unrelated issue.

If I actually had malicious intent and knew of a way to bring down the server I wouldn't be standing around in TSC bragging about it with my main character.

Donquix
08-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I already said it was probably my script that crashed the game (I saw an XML error right before it went down), but I want to play just like everyone else and wouldn't ever crash the server on purpose. You have no justification in thinking I would do such a thing -- you're making a lame attempt at social engineering to get me banned. If you can't deal with me in game that's your own problem. This is a completely unrelated issue.

If I actually had malicious intent and knew of a way to bring down the server I wouldn't be standing around in TSC bragging about it with my main character.

Shakira ponders.

Stabbyrogue
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM

See ya.

Tisket
08-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Shakira still not back in game. Hopefully it's a permanent MIA.

Drunken Durfin
08-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Shakira just arrived.
>
Shakira coughs.
>
Lord Godsatan just arrived.

Shakira says, "Apparently my singing voice is stronger than I thought."

liquiddrool
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I for one commend them for bringing an exploit out into the public in an obvious place to get reported. If it is now fixed we are better off I don't think anyone should ever be banned from Shattered.

Drunken Durfin
08-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I for one commend them for bringing an exploit out into the public in an obvious place to get reported. If it is now fixed we are better off I don't think anyone should ever be banned from Shattered.

Bringing it out into the public could have been easily done with an e-mail or a post on the officials.

Using it to shut down the server, act of a festering cunt flap.

MarluAuctions
08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I think they pulled the post on the officials. I missed the drama. :(

They pulled Spiffy's outrageously inflammatory and baseless call for me to be banned. He made a tamer post in the Shattered forum where we're keeping the drama realz.

radamanthys
08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I think they pulled the post on the officials. I missed the drama. :(

What little drama there is, It's in the shattered forum.

Drunken Durfin
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
They pulled Spiffy's outrageously inflammatory and baseless call for me to be banned. He made a tamer post in the Shattered forum where we're keeping the drama realz.

Inflammatory, yes. Baseless, no.

Some Rogue
08-11-2010, 12:31 AM
And another PC account? How many that make for you now?

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 12:42 AM
he acted like he crashed the game.. that was strange..

aww don't ban em.. its fun killin em..

Fortybox
08-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Well hopefully Simu will take a look at what Shaqueera did and also look at the previous times the game has been brought down. If they're smart they should catch him.

IMO the server should come together and wtf pwn this douchebag. He's crossed the line.

MarluAuctions
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I cannot remember Simu ever banning anyone on hearsay. If you did not do something that you should be banned for, 50 people posting on the forums is not going to magically cause you to be banned. This isn't Survivor. I imagine they will do their own research and make their own determination.

I realize this. I have no problem being open about it though, or fending off the standard nerd-raging trolls. I was just making it clear to any Simu-affiliated readers that if Shakira did crash the server it wasn't intentional and that I'm more than willing to help in any way I can to resolve the bug.

As for the rest of this, you guys are a constant source of entertainment for me. So easily riled up over inconsequential game drama. I play for less than 4 hours a week yet half of the threads in this forum are 80-page fist-pounding diatribes bemoaning my shenanigans. I'm getting a solid ROI as far as Gemstone entertainment goes.

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 01:17 AM
why use your auction alt for this? thats what i wanna know.

Donquix
08-11-2010, 01:38 AM
As for the rest of this, you guys are a constant source of entertainment for me. So easily riled up over inconsequential game drama. I play for less than 4 hours a week yet half of the threads in this forum are 80-page fist-pounding diatribes bemoaning my shenanigans. I'm getting a solid ROI as far as Gemstone entertainment goes.

Damn it. It's no fun when you run out of things to say and try the reverse psychologizing. More played out than calling someone hitler.

Mega troll fail.

Rolton-Sammich
08-11-2010, 01:58 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I called her a dumb whore for keeping the spell song up in TSC, so she got upset I guess and said, lets try this. Literally half a second later everyone is booted.

Hey bitch, you wanted to complain about being attacked and griefed? Im stayin the landing just for you cumbucket.

she hunts bonespear w/ her cleric House

Fortybox
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I realize this. I have no problem being open about it though, or fending off the standard nerd-raging trolls. I was just making it clear to any Simu-affiliated readers that if Shakira did crash the server it wasn't intentional and that I'm more than willing to help in any way I can to resolve the bug.

And spend 20 hours a day writing scripts that would make Darth Vader feel bad.

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
why would townkiller use his auctions alt to post that stuff lmao..

Mathari
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I already said it was probably my script that crashed the game (I saw an XML error right before it went down), but I want to play just like everyone else and wouldn't ever crash the server on purpose. You have no justification in thinking I would do such a thing.
So what exactly were you referring to when you said, "It could be worse . . . Let's try this thing out" right before the game crashed? I don't play Shattered and don't know any of the details about what's going on here (other than what's been posted in this thread), but I'm genuinely curious.

Bhaalizmo
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
The last thing I saw on the chat channel I was tuned to was "So, are we gonna have a Shakira death party today?"

10 seconds later, the game went down. 10:57 AM today.

audioserf
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Put that on the Shattered Officials.

Edit: I just did.

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
games down again? let me know when tis back up

Bhaalizmo
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
games down again? let me know when tis back up

I will let you know. But only if you promise to hunt Shakira all day.

Daragon
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Lol you serious? Again. Dam that Shakira...Such a nerdy troll...

Bhaalizmo
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
and.... it's back up

IorakeWarhammer
08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
i cant hunt her im at work i can when i get home tho

IorakeWarhammer
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
bump. logged out anyone?

BriarFox
08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Shattered fall down go boom.

DCSL
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Prime too.

IorakeWarhammer
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
SHAKIRA SHAKIRA!!!!!!

audioserf
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
IW legit made me laugh with that one

Stunseed
08-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Plat is still up and running. :)

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc

Fatsix
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
gemstone.net is down too. shits been going down alot. they need to reimburse us. (i wouldn't hold my breath)

Nostradamus
08-19-2010, 09:04 PM
SHATTER WENT BOOM

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Big badda boom. (It's back now)

Methais
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Did shattered just take a shit for anyone else?

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/sony_bullshit_anim4.gif

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
...and down again.

Drunken Durfin
08-19-2010, 09:51 PM
You would think that with all the extra cash they are getting from the Shattered accounts that they would upgrade their shit.

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 09:54 PM
You would think that with all the extra cash they are getting from the Shattered accounts that they would upgrade their shit.

Fuck no, 15 year old clone build servers are just fine for this kind of stuff. Clearly. Otherwise people wouldn't play. Right?

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 10:04 PM
... and it's up, and it's down. FUCK. I'm trying to setup my scripting here so I can go afk goddamnit you commie motherfuckers, buy a goddamn server once a year whydontcha.

Drunken Durfin
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I could give two shits about playing right now. I'm on the cusp of finishing my first GUI script for Lich and now I can't test the motherfucker!

Bhaalizmo
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh god, don't let pbr hear you say that.

Ryvicke
08-19-2010, 10:12 PM

GUI GUI gooey

Deathravin
08-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Hate so much...

BriarFox
08-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Hate so much...

^

pabstblueribbon
08-22-2010, 01:12 AM

I heard that.

Deathravin
08-22-2010, 01:14 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/solrac282/4unfjpv.gif

pabstblueribbon
08-22-2010, 01:21 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/wtfnancy/BatboyLookalike.jpg

Deathravin
08-22-2010, 01:43 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqbi61QTuq1qzg0eko1_400.jpg

IorakeWarhammer
09-01-2010, 03:34 AM

Daragon
09-01-2010, 03:38 AM

yep.

Nostradamus
09-01-2010, 06:27 AM
:help:

still down? must be hard to support all 150 on the server?
Donate some parts anyone? :wtf:

Bhaalizmo
09-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Goddamn it. Time to get a new hamster wheel.

Daragon
09-01-2010, 07:30 AM
:help:

still down? must be hard to support all 150 on the server?
Donate some parts anyone? :wtf:

I for 1 think paying $20 per account for one character is plenty enough donation for a text based game, in fact I think it is too much but what do I know..
Hope it comes back up soon I am jonesing like a crack head...

IorakeWarhammer
09-01-2010, 07:44 AM
lol gotta come home for lunch to turn everything on :/

Shattered Dreamer
09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
You can log into the game using the wizard.

Bhaalizmo
09-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Sad, but true.

SpiffyJr
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Sad, but true.

Un...fucking...believable.

Daragon
09-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Bump again..

BriarFox
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Play.net fall down go boom. Or maybe it got put out of its misery. WTF.

Drew
09-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Prime is down too, I suspect everything is. Good thing I was in stance offensive and fried in front of 3 monsters.

BriarFox
09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Prime is down too, I suspect everything is. Good thing I was in stance offensive and fried in front of 3 monsters.

It's the little things in life ...

fivedollarsetc
09-03-2010, 02:26 AM
death to israel

BriarFox
09-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Up, and everyone is ghosting. 142 logged into shattered, including my other account, which is logged out.

Drew
09-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah Prime had 167 when I logged in, down to 99 now.

radamanthys
09-03-2010, 05:16 AM
99 still.

I'm not sure, I didn't get booted. I was out all night.

IorakeWarhammer
09-03-2010, 07:50 AM
hmm

IorakeWarhammer
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
i was logged out last night, just logged it back in at 5:30am

Drunken Durfin
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Only my SF char got booted. The one using Wizard made it through the night.

Some Rogue
09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Both of my accounts using Wizard got booted. Most of Lia's accounts using SF got booted except for one.

SpiffyJr
09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
StormFront getting booted is an issue because the rubyw process never exits and the autoreconnect script won't pick up the disconnect.

Deathravin
09-03-2010, 10:36 AM
(comment not directed at Spiffy talking about his reconnecter)

It's not about what FE you're on for the boots when it's a connectivity issue.

Your FE will kick you if you make a command that isn't acknowledged by the server after X moments. So any character that's logged in that doesn't make a command during the downtime will reconnect seamlessly when connectivity is restored.

Any character that tires any command during the downtime will be disconnected after a few moments when the FE realizes it's talking to nothing.

I sure hope Simu is bitchslapping their contracted datacenter with downtime fees and penalties. But knowing Simu they're probably letting it slide. Who cares if a bunch of scripters get DCed in the middle of the night?

Liagala
09-03-2010, 12:10 PM
It's not about what FE you're on for the boots when it's a connectivity issue.

Your FE will kick you if you make a command that isn't acknowledged by the server after X moments. So any character that's logged in that doesn't make a command during the downtime will reconnect seamlessly when connectivity is restored.

Any character that tires any command during the downtime will be disconnected after a few moments when the FE realizes it's talking to nothing.

This. The only one of my people to stay in was the sorcerer wound bot, who sits and does absolutely nothing until told to blow herself up. If the rest DC or ghost she's obviously not getting any such command, so she takes no action. She stayed in. The others all disconnected. I've seen this happen more than once when the game goes down.

In other news, I use Jaimaltz's reconnect thing. For some reason that I don't understand it tried to log my people in via the wizard when they got knocked out. The game was still down so the connection never fully went through, but the reconnect program didn't realize that. It sat until I got up this morning with two wizard windows open and no one actually logged in. I'm not entirely sure why it used the wizard in the first place, since I always log in via SF (lich logins are set to use SF as well).