PDA

View Full Version : BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Celothor
08-07-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.portalversus.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Portal_Versus_BlazBlueContinuumShift_Gameplay07.jp g

Anybody have this for Xbox 360? Planning on picking it up tonight or tomorrow and would love to get in a few quick matches.

Drew
08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
It looks pretty badass but I've mostly stopped buying fighting games since SF4 because of lack of a good joystick.

Guarrin
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Blaz Blue is awesome. I picked up Soul Calibur, SF4 and BB last year, and blazblue is by far the best game. It is the best balanced for any player from complete fighter noob to coin op vet. Single player campaign is pretty in depth. I've heard great things about the sequel.

I think continuum shift is the latest one, right? I might pick it up, but I heard they nerfed my favorite character :(

Celothor
08-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I've learned to embrace quick pick-up-and-play games like fighters and Cave shooters lately. Having a decent Seimitsu joystick certainly helps. :P

Yeah, Continuum Shift is the latest. By any chance, was Noel your favorite character? I hear she was hit pretty hard with the nerf bat. My dynamic duo was Taokaka/Jin in Calamity Trigger.

Guarrin
08-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Noel was my favorite character. Jin was alot of fun though too. I just thought the gun kata was badass though.

I still need to get a good joystick, but I really don't play too many fighters so I never felt it was really justified. Did you happen to get the collectors edition of calamity trigger? The walkthrough on the other disc for all characters was great. I was disappointed to hear that continuum shift didn't have a Collectors edition in the US.

EDIT: The other major change is that instead of having one of the force breaks every round, or whatever it's called when you can break a chain, you only have two for every 5 rounds.

Methais
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
It looks pretty badass but I've mostly stopped buying fighting games since SF4 because of lack of a good joystick.

Get an X-Arcade stick they're the best ever. They have a 360 adapter for it now too. I got the dual one and it's awesome, can't think of a single thing to complain about with it and I've had it almost 2 years.

www.x-arcade.com

http://www.mygamer.com/articles_images/318SquallSnake7.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xarcade_dual_1.jpg

Celothor
08-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Noel was my favorite character. Jin was alot of fun though too. I just thought the gun kata was badass though.

I still need to get a good joystick, but I really don't play too many fighters so I never felt it was really justified. Did you happen to get the collectors edition of calamity trigger? The walkthrough on the other disc for all characters was great. I was disappointed to hear that continuum shift didn't have a Collectors edition in the US.

EDIT: The other major change is that instead of having one of the force breaks every round, or whatever it's called when you can break a chain, you only have two for every 5 rounds.

Yeah, I had the CE for Calamity Trigger. The walkthrough was pretty sweet, but from what I understand, Continuum Shift has something along the lines of SFIV's Challenge mode that will give you a handful of specials and combos to practice. This is a much better system than expecting you to memorize a video, I think. A CE would've been nice, though, especially after seeing what Aksys was able to pull off for the Record of Agarest War and Death Smiles CE's.

Guarrin
08-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Get an X-Arcade stick they're the best ever. Pretty sure they got a 360 adapter for it now too.

www.x-arcade.com

That is a hardcore arcade stick!

Yeah, I had the CE for Calamity Trigger. The walkthrough was pretty sweet, but from what I understand, Continuum Shift has something along the lines of SFIV's Challenge mode that will give you a handful of specials and combos to practice. This is a much better system than expecting you to memorize a video, I think. A CE would've been nice, though, especially after seeing what Aksys was able to pull off for the Record of Agarest War and Death Smiles CE's.

I haven't tried either of those games. A challenge mode is good, but I enjoyed the dev walkthrough talking about each character. They pointed out some things I probably wouldn't have noticed if it was a challenge mode.

Methais
08-07-2010, 03:30 PM
That is a hardcore arcade stick!

They really are the best stick on the market if you ask me. Any fighting game fan should have one.

I have this mobile dishwasher in the kitchen (since I would have had to tear all kinds of shit apart to install a regular one) that just happens to be the perfect height for using the X-Arcade stick on like a stand up arcade cabinet.

It's the best shit ever. Get one immediately.

Celothor
08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
The X-Arcade sticks look nice, but I couldn't find any information on what brand of parts they use. Do they manufacture their own? The short, wide stick reminds me of a Seimitsu. I almost want to buy one just to take it apart and see what makes it tick. :p

For fighters, I have one of the MadCatz Tournament Edition sticks, which are pretty nice if you can find a good deal on one. At full price, they're rather steep at around $130, but they do use high quality Sanwa parts, which is a plus. They're also easy to mod if you'd rather have less sensitive buttons (my preference) or slap some custom artwork on that bad boy.

Methais
08-07-2010, 04:03 PM
The X-Arcade sticks look nice, but I couldn't find any information on what brand of parts they use. Do they manufacture their own? The short, wide stick reminds me of a Seimitsu. I almost want to buy one just to take it apart and see what makes it tick. :p

For fighters, I have one of the MadCatz Tournament Edition sticks, which are pretty nice if you can find a good deal on one. At full price, they're rather steep at around $130, but they do use high quality Sanwa parts, which is a plus. They're also easy to mod if you'd rather have less sensitive buttons (my preference) or slap some custom artwork on that bad boy.

I have no idea what kind of parts they use. I just know it feels exactly like playing on the old SF2 arcade cabinets. The real ones with the good equipment, not the shitty bootleg ones with Pac-Man joysticks.

They're as sturdy and as solid as you can possibly get, and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Guarrin
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, it looks like I won't need to pick up an arcade stick since my second 360 just Red Ringed.

This is starting to make PS3 look very, very, very tempting.

Methais
08-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's my l33t dishwasher X-Arcade setup. Excuse the terrible lighting. It's awesome with old MAME games too.

Fixed links.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/spinarooni226/8cb83014.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/spinarooni226/c9014cae-1.jpg

Celothor
08-14-2010, 11:35 PM
D'oh! Bandwidth exceeded. (Am disappoint!) In the morning, I may upload some pictures of the stick I modded. The biggest changes are a switch to a more sensitive stick (because I play a lot of shmups) and less sensitive buttons. The Sanwa ones would fire off at the slightest brush of a finger. Heh.

Methais
08-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Fixed links.