PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss the excitement?

calidus
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Just curious.

thecapm
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
No.

SpiffyJr
08-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Nope.

ZeP
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Randy Savage???

Urinal Poops
08-04-2010, 01:54 AM
My excitement has yet to stop.

Fiddlesticks
08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Once everyone comes out of their little scripting comas, things are going to get plenty interesting.

n00bied00bied0
08-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Mordie is really silent these days, except for the random PC comment here and there. He must be playing the other game he mentioned. I'm not that sure people are just scripting away, but may rather be drifting away.

Drunken Durfin
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
negative.

Fatsix
08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Mordie is really silent these days, except for the random PC comment here and there. He must be playing the other game he mentioned. I'm not that sure people are just scripting away, but may rather be drifting away.

Lasertag practice.... Can't be champ if you don't practice!

Warriorbird
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm curious if it will just become scripter heaven like the DR one.

Fatsix
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Since no one is scripting the wilds of teras, I don't foresee anyone scripting the capped areas too easily. Unless they have custom scripts or heavily modify bigshot. First thing that comes to mind is the area webs in otf.

calidus
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Since no one is scripting the wilds of teras, I don't foresee anyone scripting the capped areas too easily. Unless they have custom scripts or heavily modify bigshot. First thing that comes to mind is the area webs in otf.

Everything can be scripted if you have patience.

Hopefully some amount of conflict remains on the server to keep people interested so that it doesn't become a bunch of robots.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
what would make people want to grief at level 100 that isn't making them want to grief now?

calidus
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
what would make people want to grief at level 100 that isn't making them want to grief now?

The fact that focusing on PvP before level 100 will cause you to get to level 100 slower?

If you are capped, there is no leveling time to lose.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
i guess i'm referring to those who used moral or social implications for reasons not to grief. once they get to 100, it flies out the window?!

cizzymac
08-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Throw me in with the "no, now go fuck yourself" camp.

Fortybox
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
The fact that focusing on PvP before level 100 will cause you to get to level 100 slower?

If you are capped, there is no leveling time to lose.

You're gay Calidus. That is all.

Tordane
08-04-2010, 05:16 PM
i guess i'm referring to those who used moral or social implications for reasons not to grief. once they get to 100, it flies out the window?!

These people will still bitch when they get to 100. The group you have to worry about is the ones who are speeding to 100 so they aren't behind when the real Shattered is revealed.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
say more..

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I wanna be the first person to max out all skills

SpiffyJr
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
That would be awesome... and take F'IN forever.

Nostradamus
08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Just curious.

I don't miss the type of excitement.. Just wish there was something more to do socially like maybe a big ass game of random scripted teresian craps or something... heh anything except a roshambo contest... Like even group hunts afk from a master scripter would be cool. Anything but droning

No one can deny it has been way quieter, boards and game......

TheLastShamurai
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I wanna be the first person to max out all skills

What does the math look like for your profession? How much EXP would that actually take?

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I did the math once, and it's actually fairly close for all professions. Except warrior - those spells kick a warrior's butt, but if you remove the spells, they're all pretty similar.

I'll check it when I get home and tell ya the total xp for all professions.

Drunken Durfin
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
This will be interesting to see. Depressing, but interesting.

Back
08-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I just did a search on the phrase “fucking nerd rage” and got this...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/search.php on line 922

I want to see some fucking nerd rage!!!

ElvenFury
08-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I just did a search on the phrase “fucking nerd rage” and got this...

I want to see some fucking nerd rage!!!

Works fine (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.gsplayers.com+fucking+nerd+rage) for me.

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
|PTP|MTP
Warrior|20806|44642
Rogue|21008|35855
Wizard|22119|32926
Cleric|19291|34239
Empath|23836|33229
Sorcerer|23230|34643
Ranger|24543|31613
Bard|25654|29593
Paladin|22422|35451
Warrior's MTP is 32522 sans the spells

So for my sorcerer, after a fixstat it will be: 72,162,500 xp. That's only 9.5x cap... so... lets see
3 years, 15 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours from start to finish assuming 2500 xp/hr.

Donquix
08-05-2010, 01:03 AM
|PTP|MTP
Warrior|20806|44642
Rogue|21008|35855
Wizard|22119|32926
Cleric|19291|34239
Empath|23836|33229
Sorcerer|23230|34643
Ranger|24543|31613
Bard|25654|29593
Paladin|22422|35451
Warrior's MTP is 32522 sans the spells

So for my sorcerer, after a fixstat it will be: 72,162,500 xp. That's only 9.5x cap... so... lets see

I'm only getting 2 per hour. But then i'm not even trying to script the bounties yet.

I'm doing it wrong :(

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm only getting 2 per hour. But then i'm not even trying to script the bounties yet.

I'm doing it wrong :(

I'm not getting 2500 xp/hr. But I'd expect by level 100 I'll have made my bounty script better and perfected a hunting method...

Drisco
08-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Which he will share with everyone....

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Which he will share with everyone....

I've stated in the past somewhere that when I get my main guys to 100 you will see a Google docs folder with all my scripts in it.

I have to say when it comes to ease of use, I certainly don't have that going for me. The casual player isn't going to be able to figure out how to use my scripts as they weren't meant to be easily used, they were slapped together in just a week or so by a very tired and worn-down Deathravin and then slowly modified to work with higher and higher levels.

However, I'm sure somebody will be able to interpret and use some of the code to their advantage or even come out with a 'bigshot' (or whatever you guys use) update.

Drisco
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
I've stated in the past somewhere that when I get my main guys to 100 you will see a Google docs folder with all my scripts in it.

I have to say when it comes to ease of use, I certainly don't have that going for me. The casual player isn't going to be able to figure out how to use my scripts as they weren't meant to be easily used, they were slapped together in just a week or so by a very tired and worn-down Deathravin and then slowly modified to work with higher and higher levels.

However, I'm sure somebody will be able to interpret and use some of the code to their advantage or even come out with a 'bigshot' (or whatever you guys use) update.

Do you have much downtime in scripting? Does your script interpret dying into the factor and getting back on the horse?

I'm just wondering if you would cap ahead of a empath, or if even bounty scripts aren't enough.

Ryvicke
08-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Question: I understand some of you are in your 60's-70's scripting and I'm wondering about the experience of scripting higher-level areas. I've tried hunting post-50 with a ranger, rogue, empath and cleric and I've been thinking recently of which professions could easily script those areas. I think the empath/cleric would be quite a bit easier than the ranger/rogue and there are some higher areas that would seem almost unscriptable with certain professions just due to the situational tactics needed. What has been the most difficult so far (if you're willing to share?) I don't play Shattered and have only used bigshot/starscream for a few pre-40's hunting areas.

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
heh... well Anything with Spikethorn or any other one-shot kill maneuver, you are going to take some deaths. CS Casters are really the shining star of my group. They are consistent, they have fast hunts, are able to shut down counter-attacks, keep the mobs incapacitated and stay mobile with a lack of hard RT for quick retreating.

My casters typically don't die from the mobs they're fighting, but the mobs they pass. Also they can fight anything unlike the AS'ers who have to worry about getting bounties for mobs they can't touch - this slows their xp/hr quite a bit.

I have a couple ambushers who are far slower than the CS casters, but still fairly consistent. They however do occasionally die from the mob they're fighting, certainly more deaths than the CSers. Mainly, again, from a maneuver stunning them for a few rounds and then everything else in the room plinking them to death. They average about 20% less xp/hr than the CSers (but still on par with other people's I've seen posted around)

The hardest so far, I'd say is our Swinging Empath. His AS is the highest of all of my guys, but the lack of effective disabling and dodge makes him vulnerable. We're still trying to nail down a strategy with him where he won't die 2-3 times a day. We recently added 1125 to our regimen and it seems to be helping a lot with the stuns and such. I do worry about the group aspect of it, but it seems to be doing only good at the moment.

The CS Empath on the other hand is doing very well, and we almost never have to think about her. She's very much like a Sorcerer, but I worry about her not having an effective disabler like 706/708 in the future. She sits at about 10% less xp/hr than the casters.

who else... Oh, and then the Paladin, recently just got Full plate. That guy's just a little tank. We've got him to just maybe 5% lower xp/hr than the CSers, which is a pretty amazing feat to be honest. He certainly is getting better every level as we perfect his technique.

But when there's 3 people trying to babysit 8 characters, it's hard for each character to get the attention they deserve. There's a lot of tweaks I need to do to the ranger for example, but just haven't got the time at the moment.

Probably this weekend I'm going to make a log parser to search for some stats to help me figure out how to close some of the gaps for each guy. Among the options will probably be adding 608 and 616 to the ranger, some 1002 to the bard, probably some 708 to the sorcerer, and figuring out what maneuver will benefit the rouge the best to fill in his gaps. Really just tightening everything up as best as I can.

On a script front, we've been just casting everything at eachother, lighting everybody up like Christmas trees for quite a while, but I need to start thinking about spell burst. That's going to sneak up on me before I know it and I need to be ready with a more dynamic spellup system before it does.

Ryvicke
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Ahhhh... interesting, thanks for the post.

Is your ranger using a bow? I know the thing for me that would be toughest to script is the aim dancing involved with getting quick crit kills, moving from an eye only if a major wound is done to it and then down to the neck only if a major wound is done, it would involve working the puncture critical table into a script to identify rank 2's or doing a look for the rank 2 eye string. I would say without aim dancing between the eyes and neck I would be quite a bit less effective in killing very quickly.

I had a feeling the CS hunters were a lot easier to script later on. I don't think I do much of anything special with my cleric. Part of why hunting him without scripts is so incredibly boring. Anyhow, cool stuff to hear about.

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
HEHE... Lets put it like this. The second I get a self-ammo bow, my rogue and ranger are going to fight to the death for it. As this is Shattered, I don't expect one to fall into my lap anytime soon.

My rogue in Plat was Ranged, and it Roooocked. It's disgusting, don't even have to hide. just ... eyeshot, loot, eyeshot, loot, eyeshot, loot.

LOL, The reason we HAVE a Paladin right now is because the cleric got too boring. Even to script.

Fortybox
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
heh... well Anything with Spikethorn or any other one-shot kill maneuver, you are going to take some deaths. CS Casters are really the shining star of my group. They are consistent, they have fast hunts, are able to shut down counter-attacks, keep the mobs incapacitated and stay mobile with a lack of hard RT for quick retreating.

My casters typically don't die from the mobs they're fighting, but the mobs they pass. Also they can fight anything unlike the AS'ers who have to worry about getting bounties for mobs they can't touch - this slows their xp/hr quite a bit.

I have a couple ambushers who are far slower than the CS casters, but still fairly consistent. They however do occasionally die from the mob they're fighting, certainly more deaths than the CSers. Mainly, again, from a maneuver stunning them for a few rounds and then everything else in the room plinking them to death. They average about 20% less xp/hr than the CSers (but still on par with other people's I've seen posted around)

The hardest so far, I'd say is our Swinging Empath. His AS is the highest of all of my guys, but the lack of effective disabling and dodge makes him vulnerable. We're still trying to nail down a strategy with him where he won't die 2-3 times a day. We recently added 1125 to our regimen and it seems to be helping a lot with the stuns and such. I do worry about the group aspect of it, but it seems to be doing only good at the moment.

The CS Empath on the other hand is doing very well, and we almost never have to think about her. She's very much like a Sorcerer, but I worry about her not having an effective disabler like 706/708 in the future. She sits at about 10% less xp/hr than the casters.

who else... Oh, and then the Paladin, recently just got Full plate. That guy's just a little tank. We've got him to just maybe 5% lower xp/hr than the CSers, which is a pretty amazing feat to be honest. He certainly is getting better every level as we perfect his technique.

But when there's 3 people trying to babysit 8 characters, it's hard for each character to get the attention they deserve. There's a lot of tweaks I need to do to the ranger for example, but just haven't got the time at the moment.

Probably this weekend I'm going to make a log parser to search for some stats to help me figure out how to close some of the gaps for each guy. Among the options will probably be adding 608 and 616 to the ranger, some 1002 to the bard, probably some 708 to the sorcerer, and figuring out what maneuver will benefit the rouge the best to fill in his gaps. Really just tightening everything up as best as I can.

On a script front, we've been just casting everything at eachother, lighting everybody up like Christmas trees for quite a while, but I need to start thinking about spell burst. That's going to sneak up on me before I know it and I need to be ready with a more dynamic spellup system before it does.

That makes sense with the CS casters. I bet your sorcerer really shines.

IorakeWarhammer
08-05-2010, 10:35 AM
This is Gemstone history in the making. You are like the Lewis and Clark of Elanthia. lmao

Deathravin
08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Mordechai: It's nice to see you again, Necen.

Necen: Ah, I remember you now. The so-called Mob Boss.

Mordechai: I'm glad you got your memory back. Because you're gonna need it. Where are the phat extorted loot?

Necen: I don't know. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell somebody like you.

Mordechai: Why? What's wrong with me?

Necen: I try to serve the people, But you only...seem to want to destroy them.

Mordechai: Oh, Necen, you're so wrong. Let me explain. Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder, extortion and chaos. Take this fresh noob. Here it is, peaceful, serene, afk and boring. But if it is. Destroyed! Look at all these little Vanguards. So busy now. Notice how each one is useful. What a lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those players that control them. Nerds, dweebs, dozens of people who'll be able to feed and water their e-peens tonight so those e-peens can grow up big and strong and have little teeny weeny e-peens of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great entertainment... of shattered. You see, Necen, by creating a little destruction, I'm actually encouraging interactive play. In reality, you and I are in the same business. Cheers.
<Jaeden leaps from hiding and cut-throat's Mordechai. A stunned Mordechai starts choking on his own blood>

Necen: Where's the afk tabled healbot to pat you in the back? Or the noob? Or their e-peens, maybe? There, you see how all your so-called power counts for absolutely nothing? How your entire empire of destruction comes... crashing down. All because of one little... annoying muslim.
<Necen heals Mordechai>

Mordechai: You saved my life, and in return, I'll spare yours... for now.

Necen: You're a monster, Mord.

Mordechai: I know.

Mord sounds like Zorg

Drunken Durfin
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Just building on your numbers a bit (thanks by the way). I calculated total TPs and sorted accordingly. Wow, sucks to be a warrior...glad I went bard for my main this time.

|PTP|MTP|Total TPs
Cleric|19291|34239|53530
Wizard|22119|32926|55045
Bard|25654|29593|55247
Ranger|24543|31613|56156
Rogue|21008|35855|56863
Empath|23836|33229|57065
Sorcerer|23230|34643|57873
Paladin|22422|35451|57873
Warrior|20806|44642|65448

RaneCV
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Sucks to be a warrior if you actually want to get spells, that is. Wouldn't getting a full 1x in spells potentially really injure their Redux? If so, what's the cost to warriors if you don't factor in spells, or potentially just factor in going up to whatever spell they might actually be willing to hurt their redux for?

Drunken Durfin
08-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Sucks to be a warrior if you actually want to get spells, that is. Wouldn't getting a full 1x in spells potentially really injure their Redux? If so, what's the cost to warriors if you don't factor in spells, or potentially just factor in going up to whatever spell they might actually be willing to hurt their redux for?

Speaking as a capped warrior in prime, being able to mitigate spellburst is way more important than redux. Before Shattered was opened I was well on my way to getting self cast 120. Warrior TD is le shit. DS wise I could not be touched for the most part, so redux really never came into the equation.

RaneCV
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Speaking as a capped warrior in prime, being able to mitigate spellburst is way more important than redux. Before Shattered was opened I was well on my way to getting self cast 120. Warrior TD is le shit. DS wise I could not be touched for the most part, so redux really never came into the equation.

Makes perfect sense. Nevermind then. :)

Nostradamus
08-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Question: I understand some of you are in your 60's-70's scripting and I'm wondering about the experience of scripting higher-level areas. I've tried hunting post-50 with a ranger, rogue, empath and cleric and I've been thinking recently of which professions could easily script those areas. I think the empath/cleric would be quite a bit easier than the ranger/rogue and there are some higher areas that would seem almost unscriptable with certain professions just due to the situational tactics needed. What has been the most difficult so far (if you're willing to share?) I don't play Shattered and have only used bigshot/starscream for a few pre-40's hunting areas.

Cleric with swinging until 20's then pure with bane is like a breeze right now. Also 50's empath seems to be pretty good route for me also
Also working on getting the cleric to raise the empath when the empath dies and the empath healing the cleric so it works two fold.. although I havenet worked out all the quirks. It still seems to log me off when im trying for the rescue sometimes.

cookiemonster2
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM

lich makes scripting anything easy. I've scripted otf.

Fortybox
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
lich makes scripting anything easy. I've scripted otf.

Yes, but can you script wrenches????

http://content6.flixster.com/question/20/22/10/2022104_std.jpg