PDA

View Full Version : Buying Uber Robes

onurb
04-07-2004, 10:53 PM
I am looking to purchase a set of real high end robes. Weather they have super high enchant, or tons of crit padding, or even a god auctioned set that maybe invokes spells or use your own mana type of thing, if it even exists. But I would like to know whats out there, please contact me if you have a set or know of a set that I might like.

onurb on AIM
onurb@netscape.net

FinisWolf
04-08-2004, 02:17 AM
<-- ^ me too, reply here, or reply to whitewolf029@play.net, or U2U me, or (last or) AIM: Finiswolf

Thanks in advance...

Finsiwolf

Trinitis
04-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Onurb
I am looking to purchase a set of real high end robes. Weather they have super high enchant, or tons of crit padding, or even a god auctioned set that maybe invokes spells or use your own mana type of thing, if it even exists. But I would like to know whats out there, please contact me if you have a set or know of a set that I might like.

onurb on AIM
onurb@netscape.net

No such thing as uber robes. Thats like asking for UBER paper towls to wrap yourself in and protect you from broadswords :P

Ardwen
04-08-2004, 04:46 AM
heh there actually IS a 10x set of robes. Rhys owns em and uses after baths or something. just buy full leather already sheesh.

Ardwen
Poster of Stuff

FinisWolf
04-08-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Ardwen
heh there actually IS a 10x set of robes. Rhys owns em and uses after baths or something. just buy full leather already sheesh.

Ardwen
Poster of Stuff

Give up some goodies for my wizard Ardwen... Whatchya got? Huh? Huh? LOL

Finiswolf

Trinitis
04-08-2004, 09:50 AM
I've got a set of 10x fulls, but you can't have them :P

AnticorRifling
04-08-2004, 01:56 PM
My armor used to belong to Ardwen. You wouldn't believe the amount of cleaning involved after I got it. Steam, dry cleaners, some fabreeze and still it stinks of money.

Celexei
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
get some padded doubles...who cares about trained off hinderance

onurb
04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
I know doubles protect better, but I am lookin for robes for reasons that pertain to roleplaying and style. So I figgure I might as well try to get the best I can find. Can we hold off on robe bashing just a little bit, I really would like to know if any god auctioned or extremely heavily padded robes exist. Just post up what you have seen so I can look for em.

FinisWolf
04-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I've got a set of 10x fulls, but you can't have them :P

Bah!

:P

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Celexei
get some padded doubles...who cares about trained off hinderance

When your spells fail 1 in 3 casts, sometimes as much as 5 times in a row in doubles, I care.

Finiswolf

TheEschaton
04-09-2004, 12:03 AM
If your spells fail that much in doubles, you suck.

-TheE-

Meos
04-09-2004, 01:45 AM
I saw some robes once... they were "shimmering robes of (someone)" 8X and crit padded I believe... I always wanted them... even though they're robes...

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by Meos]

FinisWolf
04-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
If your spells fail that much in doubles, you suck.

-TheE-

How inane to talk crap like that.

Xinister
04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I use to own a set of veniom threaded robes? that was 5x damage padded, but the damage padding was not normal.

Every time I got hit, no matter how hard or with what weapon, the damage is 1 health point. It does not matter where I received the blow or if it was physical or magical attack.

I got DC'ed, ambushed, and boiled... everything you can think of and the damage was still 1 HP.

The only bad side of it....

I was critted every single time due to the crit weighting. Never died of HP loss, but never can stop the crit.

I sold it for a lot of coins in GS tho, but still the thought of having redux and that robe still lingers in my mind.

Xinister

Xinister
04-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Also won lots of bets in GS too, but the downside was that I need a lot of deeds.

Good thing was I survived a 500+ end roll from the OLD DC, when I was around level 10 from a very high level sorcerer. He lost the bet, but my limbs were all gone.

Xinister

Xcalibur
04-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Think it was Bob that saids that crit padding for robe/soft leather is pretty much useless as "..." and "...".

I don't remember the 2 arguments, but it was logic, it has something to do with a certain percentage taken and since the crit divisor is so low...

Booh, just take the highest enchant!

TheEschaton
04-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Finis, I'm sorry, if you have 33% failure in double leathers, it's your own damn fault. All my pures can easily get 6-8 trains of armor by 20.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
04-11-2004, 03:35 AM
Ah, c'mon, if the guy's a sorc, I can see it. Sorcs don't win on surviving being hit, they survive on NEVER being hit.

FinisWolf
04-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Finis, I'm sorry, if you have 33% failure in double leathers, it's your own damn fault. All my pures can easily get 6-8 trains of armor by 20.

-TheE-

I was saying that my wizzie sometimes encounters spell hindereance as many as 3 to 5 times in a row. Luck of the roll. Highest encumberance you can have is 6% in doubles as a wizzie. And about the training in that physical stuff, my wizard flat refuses, he is kinda stuck up, and thinks that would make him warriorish or some such. Even though his Pa is a warrior, he kinda looks down on them warriors.

Anyway...

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Ah, c'mon, if the guy's a sorc, I can see it. Sorcs don't win on surviving being hit, they survive on NEVER being hit.

Never being hit is good as a pure..., I think that goes without saying. Boring, but good. Especially as far as pures are concerned.

Finiswolf

AnticorRifling
04-11-2004, 09:29 AM
I have 4% hinderance in doubles. It's not that big a deal.

TheEschaton
04-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Even at 6% hindrance, failing three casts in a row is 3/50 to the third.

Or........27 chances out of 125,000.

Failing 5 times in a row? 243 out of 312,500,000.

In other words, damn near impossible.

My wizard has 6% hindrance in his doubles, and he doesn't fail more than 3 times in a hunt, usually, and he casts quite a bit in a normal hunt.

-TheE-

onurb
05-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Still looking for these robes, any out there?

onurb on AIM
onurb@netscape.net