PDA

View Full Version : Allston-Brighton detectives are cool

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Back at the end of April one my businesses was shut down in Allston and I was arrested. I spent roughly 45 minutes in jail before my lawyer got me out. They arrested me at about 3:30 PM on a Friday afternoon, I'm assuming with the intent of having me sit in the clink all weekend, and the clerk was on his way home before my lawyer called him and convinced him to turn around and get me out.

So they seized the store and all of the product and we just decided to close it and move on. But since they closed our place they've also started closing the other shops in the area. I actually feel bad for the other stores. This is the reason I fucking hate Boston. Go Lakers!

But anyway, here's a few article regarding it.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/allston/news/x2084232712/Allston-Brighton-crime-Police-find-lots-of-drug-junk-at-Wild-Side

http://thephoenix.com/boston/news/104582-paraphernalia-paranoia-allston-head-shops-shut-do/

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/07/05/allston_shops_closed_over_alleged_drug_paraphernal ia/

Cephalopod
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Shoulda unlocked those fire doors.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
740 glass pipes, 123 vaporizers, 25 metal pipes, 42 wood pipes, 113 bongs, 39 drug hides, 10 mini Ziplock plastic bags and 20 scale weights, among other drug paraphernalia.

At first I was like-
http://i31.tinypic.com/9ql4ch.jpg

and then I was like
http://i30.tinypic.com/2z9bci9.jpg

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Seriously though, it's good they shut you down. By helping people smoke marijuana, you were contributing to the problem that has been creating these kinds of headlines:

MAN SMOKES WEED
ORDERS PIZZA, PUTS PAPER HAT ON CAT'S HEAD, FALLS ASLEEP

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
All of our products are intended for tobacco use only.

Ryvicke
07-29-2010, 02:15 PM
All of our products are intended for tobacco use only.

Between the thread's title and this: did you specifically make this thread so they would read it?

Also: I'm from the midwest so I don't really give a shit about the whole Boston/NYC battle, but everytime I go to Boston/Cambridge I just think "really? so this is it, huh?" This story confirms it--they wouldn't even bust headshops in Minneapolis.

AnticorRifling
07-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Bro like uh where's are glass man?

Dude its uh hahaha wait...what?

LMingrone
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
If you're going through a legal battle, I'm pretty sure the worst thing you can do is post about it on a public forum. Just saying. You know damn well it isn't intended for tobacco use. Not that I really care. I think all drugs should be legal and taxed, and busting someone for just having some glass is retarded. If you're still dealing with the legal side of it though, I would suggest you don't post anything on the internet. Not a good idea.

Oh, and fuck Boston.

/edit: Does anyone know someone who uses any of that shit to smoke tobacco?

TheEschaton
07-29-2010, 02:49 PM
lol, are you Yaffe? Cause his lawyer, Josh Krefetz, is someone I went to law school with.

Ryvicke
07-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Heh... no.

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
If you're going through a legal battle, I'm pretty sure the worst thing you can do is post about it on a public forum. Just saying. You know damn well it isn't intended for tobacco use. Not that I really care. I think all drugs should be legal and taxed, and busting someone for just having some glass is retarded. If you're still dealing with the legal side of it though, I would suggest you don't post anything on the internet. Not a good idea.

Oh, and fuck Boston.

I'm not going through a legal battle and we've moved on from the spot.

LMingrone
07-29-2010, 02:57 PM
I always wanted to do an experiment. Walk downtown smoking a Roor bong with tobacco in it and see what happens. Knowing cops though they'd probably smash the thing on the sidewalk.

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 02:57 PM
740 glass pipes, 123 vaporizers, 25 metal pipes, 42 wood pipes, 113 bongs, 39 drug hides, 10 mini Ziplock plastic bags and 20 scale weights, among other drug paraphernalia.

Funny thing about that is they didn't even take everything. They left about 33% of the product, mostly bigger higher end items and we went in a few days after and took the rest and moved it out of state.

LMingrone
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not going through a legal battle and we've moved on from the spot.

My bad then. Just trying to help my fellow PCers.

Ryvicke
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
What's a "drug hide"? I'd google but I'm at work. I'm banking on my IT department being cooler with me just asking what it is.

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I always wanted to do an experiment. Walk downtown smoking a Roor bong with tobacco in it and see what happens. Knowing cops though they'd probably smash the thing on the sidewalk.

We also have a store in Manchester, NH and the locals gather daily at an area at 4:20 and smoke in public. No one cares.

Also, clearly our products are intended for tobacco use only, but in the city of Boston marijuana was decriminalized. But the selling pipes of is a huge ordeal still.

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 03:00 PM
What's a "drug hide"? I'd google but I'm at work. I'm banking on my IT department being cooler with me just asking what it is.

Stash cans. We had Pringles cans where the bottoms unscrewed and had a secret stash. There were soda bottles, books with compartments cut out, etc. But someone couldn't stash cash in there? Jewelry? You can hide anything you want.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
God, this thread is making me wish the end of the day would come sooner.

LMingrone
07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
We also have a store in Manchester, NH and the locals gather daily at an area at 4:20 and smoke in public. No one cares.

Also, clearly our products are intended for tobacco use only, but in the city of Boston marijuana was decriminalized. But the selling pipes of is a huge ordeal still.

When I lived in Boston the cops didn't seem to ever care. Even at that festival they had on the green every year. I remember a TON of head shops right around my campus. Are those all gone now? I bet the smoke shops are still selling crack pipes though.

Ryvicke
07-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Stash cans. We had Pringles cans where the bottoms unscrewed and had a secret stash. There were soda bottles, books with compartments cut out, etc. But someone couldn't stash cash in there? Jewelry? You can hide anything you want.

Ohhhhh I didn't know those had a name. True story: I live on sixth avenue and 4th street in the city and walk by about three headshops right off the subway--it's hot as shit here and for months I could not figure out why the hell they were selling cans of pringles and warm coke outside on their pipe tables. Then one day I saw how it was fake and felt real stupid.

The only time I ever hid my weed in anything was when I duct taped it on the inside of some boxers and then freaked out for an hour cause I thought duct tape might have metal in it and would set off the detectors.

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
When I lived in Boston the cops didn't seem to ever care. Even at that festival they had on the green every year. I remember a TON of head shops right around my campus. Are those all gone now? I bet the smoke shops are still selling crack pipes though.

As far as I know it's only the Allston-Brighton area, District 14 to be exact. I haven't heard of any other stores outside of that area being shut down.

Clove
07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Stash cans. We had Pringles cans where the bottoms unscrewed and had a secret stash. There were soda bottles, books with compartments cut out, etc. But someone couldn't stash cash in there? Jewelry? You can hide anything you want.Or tobacco for that matter. Should have unlocked those fire doors...

SHAFT
07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Or tobacco for that matter. Should have unlocked those fire doors...

Its funny people keep mentioning that, but our back door was unlocked and open, but it led to a community area to the other businesses in the building and that door was locked. It wasn't our door. Technically all of the businesses in that building had a locked back door.

Gnomad
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
As far as I know it's only the Allston-Brighton area, District 14 to be exact. I haven't heard of any other stores outside of that area being shut down.

I wouldn't be surprised if BU asked the cops to do something.

Cephalopod
07-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Technically all of the businesses in that building had a locked back door.

I run into this problem a lot.

Stanley Burrell
07-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I call B.S.

When I was less employed and more allowed to smoke the ganj', and the green leaf was running low, I definitely went to a gas station and bought full flavor tube cut 'bacco that I mixed in with the aforementioned sticky-icky-icky.

Although, I have to admit, when I go to the fruits and vegetables isle at the supermarket, those Granny Smiths look suspiciously like something that everyone is buying to turn into a bong with intent to distribute because I consulted a tobacconist who said that there was no need to smoke from a glass, ceramic, or fruit-based bong. I then conducted my investigation based on this information and arrested a watermelon.

Androidpk
07-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Waterboard that watermelon with some vodka.

Stanley Burrell
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I shot it with a snub nose. It made life-threatening movements after I used the interrogative bowling-ball technique.

You have missed out on life if you have not shot a watermelon with a small revolver.

Right now, I'm focusing on call delays, response times and trends that reflect laws passed concerning domestics regarding the aforementioned (and some other stuff.) In another unit, I put on my half-mask and UV goggles before making certain things phosphorescent.

This, IMHO, is sort of a waste of department resources (Edit: The former, original article. Although I have to change the batteries on my portable UV and fluorescent equipment, because I was bored and started shining them at random cars in lots to see about stuff people don't really know that much about. Or that I'm even supposed to mention.)

SHAFT
07-30-2010, 01:45 AM
If I'm the man and your the man and he's the man as well so you can point your fuckin finger up your ass

Tisket
07-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Seriously though, it's good they shut you down. By helping people smoke marijuana, you were contributing to the problem that has been creating these kinds of headlines:

MAN SMOKES WEED
ORDERS PIZZA, PUTS PAPER HAT ON CAT'S HEAD, FALLS ASLEEP

lmao