PDA

View Full Version : Shattered is ruining the game

Whoreable
07-27-2010, 05:30 PM
:wtf: As if we didn't have enough trouble keeping players in gemstone thanks to other games out there, now Simutronics has decided to add yet another realm to gemstone to further split up the players. Really people, why the hell would you even want to play shattered? It takes everything that is good about the game and turns it into a big joke.

If everyone can just sit around and afk script to cap, is anyone even special when they do reach cap? If you have merchants sitting in TC giving claid weighting to handaxes and enchanting claidhmores, is any of this stuff valuable anymore? Seems to me if its not worth working hard towards its not really worth having. Really, if hot chicks (or hot dudes if your a woman or gay) walked up to you on the street 10 times a day every day and offered you sex, is sex even exciting anymore.

I've seen some post on here that suggest shattered is awesome and its the only reason you returned to gemstone. B.S. I say. You play because like all of us it's in your blood. Its by far the best RPG out there and has been ever since it came out. Like I said in my last thread, if i wanted to RP with a bunch of immature idiots I would go play WoW with cartman. That way we could all run around looking like idiots without any real RP going on. Even though I've liked some of Wross's comments in the past gonna bash you here. Why would I want to RP with BigBird, Bert, Ernie, and CookieMonster. This isn't sesame street, its gemstone.

If I wanted to live in a world with gang violence where I had to either decide which gang I wanted to be in or be harassed by all of them I would simply take my white ass to the ghetto and live in the projects. Just a thought.

Whoreable
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
This is the same argument used to oppose gay marriage with the same amount of merit.

Not sure how anyone would use this argument against gay marriage but ok.

Daniel
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
: Really, if hot chicks walked up to you on the street 10 times a day every day and offered you sex, is sex even exciting anymore.

Yes.

/Ignoring the rest of your bs.

RichardCranium
07-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Less tedium more fun. Plus what D said.

Sylvan Dreams
07-27-2010, 05:46 PM
As if we didn't have enough trouble keeping players in gemstone thanks to other games out there, now Simutronics has decided to add yet another realm to gemstone to further split up the players. Really people, why the hell would you even want to play shattered? It takes everything that is good about the game and turns it into a big joke.

Everyone enjoys prime/plat/shattered in their own ways and for their own reasons. Have you even ever played Shattered to be bitching about it? I'm betting no. If you really believe that Shattered hasn't brought back accounts, then you're deluded. Every Shattered account that's open, regardless if the player uses prime, is pumping dollars into Simu, keeing the "best RPG out there" alive a little longer. Unless you would rather GS become another Modus.

If everyone can just sit around and afk script to cap, is anyone even special when they do reach cap? If you have merchants sitting in TC giving claid weighting to handaxes and enchanting claidhmores, is any of this stuff valuable anymore? Seems to me if its not worth working hard towards its not really worth having. Really, if hot chicks (or hot dudes if your a woman or gay) walked up to you on the street 10 times a day every day and offered you sex, is sex even exciting anymore.

No one is special when they reach cap in prime. Do you think GM's boom down and jiggle your balls when you reach level 100? Are you expecting a card signed from everyone in the office along with a cake and a party?

Considering the items are in a different game and can't be transferred, the number of them in Shattered doesn't affect their market price in prime.

I've seen some post on here that suggest shattered is awesome and its the only reason you returned to gemstone. B.S. I say. You play because like all of us it's in your blood. Its by far the best RPG out there and has been ever since it came out. Like I said in my last thread, if i wanted to RP with a bunch of immature idiots I would go play WoW with cartman. That way we could all run around looking like idiots without any real RP going on. Even though I've liked some of Wross's comments in the past gonna bash you here. Why would I want to RP with BigBird, Bert, Ernie, and CookieMonster. This isn't sesame street, its gemstone.

This little rant right here is stupid. The characters in Shattered aren't in prime, so how are they "looking like idiots without any real RP going on"?

Are you so obsessed with Shattered that it's ruining your enjoyment of prime? It sounds like you are.

If I wanted to live in a world with gang violence where I had to either decide which gang I wanted to be in or be harassed by all of them I would simply take my white ass to the ghetto and live in the projects. Just a thought.

If you don't want to be a part of what takes place in Shattered then don't pay for it, don't play it. Problem solved.

Whoreable
07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Everyone enjoys prime/plat/shattered in their own ways and for their own reasons. Have you even ever played Shattered to be bitching about it? I'm betting no. If you really believe that Shattered hasn't brought back accounts, then you're deluded. Every Shattered account that's open, regardless if the player uses prime, is pumping dollars into Simu, keeing the "best RPG out there" alive a little longer. Unless you would rather GS become another Modus.

The question here isn't whether or not it's brought back accounts but the fact that it has taken some prime players over to shattered making the world of prime less populated. Agree that temporarily it is making Simu more money but it would seem like that if you rob enough people from prime the game will become boring and eventually more and more people will stop playing. Hince losing money in the long run

No one is special when they reach cap in prime. Do you think GM's boom down and jiggle your balls when you reach level 100? Are you expecting a card signed from everyone in the office along with a cake and a party?

Considering the items are in a different game and can't be transferred, the number of them in Shattered doesn't affect their market price in prime.

This little rant right here is stupid. The characters in Shattered aren't in prime, so how are they "looking like idiots without any real RP going on"?

Are you so obsessed with Shattered that it's ruining your enjoyment of prime? It sounds like you are.

If you don't want to be a part of what takes place in Shattered then don't pay for it, don't play it. Problem solved.

And yes, it is ruining my enjoyment of prime when there are less and less people around to play with.

Stabbyrogue
07-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I think most people who play Shattered mainly do so because they're sick of the Mickey Mouse Bullsquash that prime has become. I really REALLY think they'd have been better off with a revamp of policy, but whatever.

Edited to add: I'm not saying I like all the stupid names and lack of roleplay, but the different factions forming and going to war could never happen in prime. Well, it can, but you need a notarized statement to begin, and even then, they'll just report you and you'll recieve an official warning.

Whoreable
07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I really REALLY think they'd have been better off with a revamp of policy, but whatever.

Agree

Deathravin
07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Now I do think the price for silver and characters in prime is plummeted as people move off of that server. It only makes sense.

However, I think it will actually have a good effect on Prime in other ways. Mainly there's better gear out there for the people remaining. There's cheaper silver, and I'd guess that the people went to shattered were more of the scripting, anti-social, or griefing personalities anyway. So the quality of RP will be vastly improved.

This last part might just be the Plat player in me, but I like a more empty server regardless. Maybe that's me.

Stabbyrogue
07-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Please give the girl on the right in your avatar her rightful place in the unshared spotlight, Deathravin.

Fatsix
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Prime has been going downhill, you finally just have realized it. It now has been exceedingly easy for characters to be purchased and silver farmed. This turns alot of people off. I'm real close to calling the show horders on WROSS. That guy buys FUCKING EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING! No bidding or anything, just I'll take it..... I'll take it all..... Good luck getting good gear. Alot of people like shattered for the "fresh" start. Noone has anything. If they do they earned it or had it made for them, no purchasing bullshit.

radamanthys
07-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Yes.

/Ignoring the rest of your bs.

For once, we agree on something.

Sam
07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Ross doesn't have nearly as large of a collection of high-end items as many others...

cookiemonster2
07-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Prime has been going downhill, you finally just have realized it. It now has been exceedingly easy for characters to be purchased and silver farmed. This turns alot of people off. I'm real close to calling the show horders on WROSS. That guy buys FUCKING EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING! No bidding or anything, just I'll take it..... I'll take it all..... Good luck getting good gear. Alot of people like shattered for the "fresh" start. Noone has anything. If they do they earned it or had it made for them, no purchasing bullshit.

No one has anything because there is nothing.

Anyone else sitting on a mountain of coins with nothing, nothing, to spend them on?

n00bied00bied0
07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
So, Ardwen (?) is no longer king of GS items? Dunno why I thought he was, but still had that lurking in my mind. Seems pretty crazy how much things go for these days. I was looking at an armor before Shattered opened and wanted to buy it. Think it went for something like $80, but just never got around to bidding.

I dunno about Shattered items. The potions really are expensive, especially if you have to use them a lot, but now there are enough clerics to go around, at least in the landing and nearby zones.

As for the game.... why would Simu spend another dime? The only reason they're still around is because they can rake it in and not have to pay out any more than they ever did. I doubt they ever imagined it would go on as long as it has, but since the players keep paying, why not let the clock keep winding down on its own. I think it's a fantastic parallel to the "clock theory" of the universe. While making another server might not have done much, at least it's something. I still can't comprehend how people can pay Plat prices with such a low pop. Other night, one person in Plat said there were like 9 people on... and it's probably still $79 a month. I just don't get that at all. Without people, GS is a console game in text format. Adding scripting to "prime" and adding some simple dueling arenas could probably have done more good (for the game/players) than adding the Shattered server, but then again, who knows.

Lich is still the best thing to happen to GS in the past years. Again, why should Simu do anything to improve an archaic game when the players do the hard stuff for them? At least they didn't slam the doors. I wonder what will be the trigger that does close them? What will you do when there is no more Elanthia to come home to after/between your graphic travels in other worlds? I don't have an answer to that, but if you do, it might be interesting to hear 'em!

Wrathbringer
07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
The question here isn't whether or not it's brought back accounts but the fact that it has taken some prime players over to shattered making the world of prime less populated. Agree that temporarily it is making Simu more money but it would seem like that if you rob enough people from prime the game will become boring and eventually more and more people will stop playing...

And yes, it is ruining my enjoyment of prime when there are less and less people around to play with.

:yeahthat:

Fortybox
07-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Dude shut up. I hate RP nazis.

Some of us realize that Gemstone IV is sinking and would like to enjoy the game in a fun fashion before the plug is pulled.

Ryvicke
07-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Every time someone posts a thread like this I feel like something's wrong with me. I can't stop finding shit to do in this game.

Loagan
07-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Really, if hot chicks (or hot dudes if your a woman or gay) walked up to you on the street 10 times a day every day and offered you sex, is sex even exciting anymore.

Would you be tired of sex? sex?

You think about that really hard now.

thefarmer
07-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Really, if hot chicks (or hot dudes if your a woman or gay) walked up to you on the street 10 times a day every day and offered you sex, is sex even exciting anymore.

I think your confusion with this question is based on your inability to ever have sex with a hot person. Since this is all hypothetical for you, it's easy to think one would get bored with it.

Unfortunately your inexperience shows in your flawed answer.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Please give the girl on the right in your avatar her rightful place in the unshared spotlight, Deathravin.

But I love them both man... They're the #2 and #3 future Ex Mrs Deathravin. #1 of course being Nicole Kidman at the ages between of Billy Bathgate and Eyes wide shut

Then #4 of being ...
http://www.bestsexycelebs.com/teal_redmann/pictures/2.jpg

You can't make me choose between two loves. You're not my 7th grade gym teacher.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Actually I only put #4 ex Mrs Deathravin chick up because me and the wife were having a discussion about her.

She was watching Gilmore Girls and that chick was on it. I said something along the lines of 'wow, she's smokin hot, why is that dude not ditching who he's with and sprinting after her?' - Not that the main girl from Gilmore Girls is any slouch, but DAMN.

and my wife and I proceeded to have a lengthy discussion of whether she's hot or not. so am I crazy? or is this chick smokin hot?

Fatsix
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
The one on the left is hotter than the one on the right. Which one is on the gilmore girls, you would have to answer that. Btw the ass on the one in my avatar is ugh omg <smack>.

Showal
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
so am I crazy? or is this chick smokin hot?

You're crazy. She's not hot.

IorakeWarhammer
07-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Actually I only put #4 ex Mrs Deathravin chick up because me and the wife were having a discussion about her.

She was watching Gilmore Girls and that chick was on it. I said something along the lines of 'wow, she's smokin hot, why is that dude not ditching who he's with and sprinting after her?' - Not that the main girl from Gilmore Girls is any slouch, but DAMN.

and my wife and I proceeded to have a lengthy discussion of whether she's hot or not. so am I crazy? or is this chick smokin hot?

she is hot because of her youth. she looks like she'd be scary at age 60. something about the facial structure.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 08:23 AM
The one on the left is hotter than the one on the right. Which one is on the gilmore girls, you would have to answer that. Btw the ass on the one in my avatar is ugh omg <smack>.

Well ya, in my avatar the one on the left is hotter. But there's something about that ponytail on the right one...

The ass on your avatar isn't real though...

That left chick was hand-crafted by God to drive men insane that they don't know who she is or the secret combination of actions we'd have to do in order to see her without the Yoga getup...

ANYWAY. The chick in the gilmore girls is this one: Here (http://www.bestsexycelebs.com/teal_redmann/pictures/2.jpg)
Is she (http://www.bestsexycelebs.com/teal_redmann/pictures/2.jpg) smokin hot or is my wife right?

she is hot because of her youth. she looks like she'd be scary at age 60. something about the facial structure.

Well she's got that smooshed face look like Julia Stiles (who is also in my top 10).

Fortybox
07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Well ya, in my avatar the one on the left is hotter. But there's something about that ponytail on the right one...

The ass on your avatar isn't real though...

That left chick was hand-crafted by God to drive men insane that they don't know who she is or the secret combination of actions we'd have to do in order to see her without the Yoga getup...

ANYWAY. The chick in the gilmore girls is this one: Here (http://www.bestsexycelebs.com/teal_redmann/pictures/2.jpg)
Is she (http://www.bestsexycelebs.com/teal_redmann/pictures/2.jpg) smokin hot or is my wife right?

Well she's got that smooshed face look like Julia Stiles (who is also in my top 10).

It's ok. You don't have to keep pretending you have a wife.

Loagan
07-28-2010, 10:03 AM

You've got a fantasy running, take the ponytail away and it just isn't happening any more. You know it, I know it, and we all know it.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
You've got a fantasy running, take the ponytail away and it just isn't happening any more. You know it, I know it, and we all know it.

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/PS_0600W_RIDE_ASS.jpg

Drisco
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Clearly this is a sign of stupidity. The one on the right. Which is now the one on the left & right is clearly the hotter one. My god, get your head out of you ass.

IorakeWarhammer
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
you know Drisco, it's really not that serious.

<AWAITS FLAMING COMMENT>

Fatsix
07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Clearly this is a sign of stupidity. The one on the right. Which is now the one on the left & right is clearly the hotter one. My god, get your head out of you ass.

Yup the are the SAME girl now.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM

To be fair, I did change it to have two different girls, then flipped the same girl this morning after I received several complaints. ^^

naps
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.poptower.com/images/db/2157/450/500/cane.jpg

Alona Tal. Yes Please.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I fear this thread may have been severely hijacked into the wrong direction... I'll try to re-rail it.

NO, You are wrong, Shattered pulled away far more people that weren't RPing anyway, so the quantity of players in prime and plat may have gone down, but the quality of the RP should be vastly improved.

Fewer people also mean less competition for resources; from Mobs to Raffles to Auctions...

IorakeWarhammer
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
agree. shattered pulled people like me away from prime who didn't give a fuck about the usual mundane RPing unless it was in front of a GM.

Donquix
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I fear this thread may have been severely hijacked into the wrong direction... I'll try to re-rail it.

NO, You are wrong, Shattered pulled away far more people that weren't RPing anyway, so the quantity of players in prime and plat may have gone down, but the quality of the RP should be vastly improved.

Fewer people also mean less competition for resources; from Mobs to Raffles to Auctions...

I'm sure we'll all pop back into prime for raffles and major merchants.

We're douchebags like that.

Michaelous
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
this title is like saying, the banning of michaelous and the likes.. is ruining the game. You get what you ask for.

Deathravin
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm sure we'll all pop back into prime for raffles and major merchants.

We're douchebags like that.

I don't do that. Then again, I'm not selling off my prime gear either, so I see your point.

Donquix
07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
this title is like saying, the banning of michaelous and the likes.. is ruining the game.

No one has ever thought that.

Ever.

Rinualdo
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
No one has ever thought that.

Ever.

Ever.

Showal
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Ever.

Ever.

Fortybox
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Ever.

Evar!

Whoreable
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Would you be tired of sex? sex?

You think about that really hard now.

Uhhhhh, yeah, I would.

I think your confusion with this question is based on your inability to ever have sex with a hot person. Since this is all hypothetical for you, it's easy to think one would get bored with it.

Unfortunately your inexperience shows in your flawed answer.

Whenever I've been in a relationship with great chemistry it starts out with sex 2-3 times a day. The longer the relationship goes on, the less sex is being had. Anyone who has been in a relationship should know this. Too much of a good thing is in fact not a good thing. Anything gets boring if you do it too much. Besides that if you were having sex 10 times a day you would be wore the hell out unless if your a 2 pump chump and you wouldn't be able to keep that pace for very long at all.

Showal
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Uhhhhh, yeah, I would.

Whenever I've been in a relationship with great chemistry it starts out with sex 2-3 times a day. The longer the relationship goes on, the less sex is being had. Anyone who has been in a relationship should know this. Too much of a good thing is in fact not a good thing. Anything gets boring if you do it too much. Besides that if you were having sex 10 times a day you would be wore the hell out unless if your a 2 pump chump and you wouldn't be able to keep that pace for very long at all.

You're like trying to have a conversation with Bitch Stewie.

alski415
07-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Sweet another thread with prime players complaining about a game their not playing. WEEEN!

Ryvicke
07-28-2010, 05:22 PM

I think he's right only because I've listened to "Tired of Sex" from Weezer's (only) great album, Pinkerton way too many times. Rock stars do indeed get sick of banging chicks I think.

RichardCranium
07-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Uhhhhh, yeah, I would.

Lol every relationship you've had winds up with the chick wanting to have sex with you less and less? Guess what the common denominator is in this equation.

IorakeWarhammer
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Uhhhhh, yeah, I would.

the foundation of a relationship should not be physical but it should be built on cooperation, trust, love and appreciation... i won't go into many Islamic beliefs here, but essentially your partner shares your morals and life direction, compatibility and chemistry of course essential, the physical relationship strengthening these bonds.. but certainly not the focal point of any healthy relationship.

Drunken Durfin
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Uhhhhh, yeah, I would.

You are doing it wrong.

Wrathbringer
07-28-2010, 06:18 PM

I prefer to do my RP when I'm alive, which is hard to do when dead in tsc with no one to heal or raise. That's no fun. If you're big on RP and low population go to Platinum. I prefer a higher population, even if that means more db's.

RichardCranium
07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
So you mean to tell me that those of you that are married or have been in a relationship for a matter of years instead of months are still having sex 2-3 times a day? It has nothing to do with "getting it right" or not. A big part of it is simply time. Between work and kids and mowing the grass and dishes and cooking and cleaning the kitty litter box, there is literally not enough hours in the day to have sex 2-3 times a day. 2-3 times a week is a good goal. At the beginning of a relationship, you do have sex a lot, I think mainly because it is a way of connecting and it is new and fun. But as most relationships progress, they move past the fucking like bunnies stage into the maintaining a life together stage. It has nothing to do with being tired of sex, it is just life.

This is why God invented morning sex.

SpiffyJr
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
This is why God invented morning sex.

:bananahit:

LMingrone
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Hah, this thread is awesome. Sounds like someone in this thread isn't getting as much bangy-bangy as they want. It doesn't take hours, unless you're into that tantric shit. And, yes. morning sex can fill that void. If your significant other can't sneak away for a half hour with you, I feel bad for you. No, two-three times a day isn't realistic, but if you both are attracted to each other, even after years, and want to bang each others brains out, it's possible.

Whoreable
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Hah, this thread is awesome.

LOL, your welcome.

Portu-guese
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't want to know your name. I just want BANG BANG BANG!!!!1!1!!1

MotleyCrew
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Ok, read like the first 5 posts or so, just wanted to say I personally like what Shattered has done for Prime. The people who wanted a no hold barred playing field have got what they want, and Prime has been, in my experience so far, way more fun.

Like was said way back on page one. Shattered isn't for you, don't play it. But, don't ruin everyone else's fun.

IorakeWarhammer
07-29-2010, 06:13 PM
its not about the sex its about having enough game to set the sex up. that's the true art of being a married man. not letting your relationship digress into something so bland..

Deathravin
07-29-2010, 06:58 PM
11 years together, 5 years married.
3-4 times per week on a yearly average. Sometimes go a week or two with zero. Sometimes go a week or two with 3-4 times a day...

I imagine this will change pretty quick when we have kids... but unfortunately that's what kids are; bigger buzzkills than Buzz Killington (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYYkZpZGjo).

RichardCranium
07-29-2010, 06:58 PM
its not about the sex its about having enough game to set the sex up. that's the true art of being a married man. not letting your relationship digress into something so bland..

I'm glad you get more respect now that you're a Muslim. I would have loved to see how you were treated before, though.

Thug Life
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=RichardCranium;1145161]I'm glad you get more respect now that you're a Muslim. I would have loved to see how you were treated before, though.[/QUOTE

LOL ahhh i miss the aol chat

IorakeWarhammer
07-30-2010, 07:47 AM
richard cranium is soooooooo cooooool omggg

Nostradamus
07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Shattered isn't ruining prime... it gave some of us a reason for staying. And RP yeah, that was done WAY back in the day. But really how many people do you see RP in prime now? not many at all...
It gets boring.. specifically for those of us who been playing for years.. How many characters can you cap and kill off or sell before you pretty much have seen it all...
Unfortunately I do fear that the beginning excitement of shattered may end up being a same old same old in a short period of time with the ending of the conflict that was heating the game up.... time will tell