PDA

View Full Version : Bastards who hit parked cars

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:21 AM
While walking outside of work, I hear a loud shreech and see a guy pulling out of a parking spot next to my car and I see a nice big dent going from like the front fender to back. So he tries to get away and I get his license plate number. I was pissed as hell but I'm almost glad he hit my car... My car costs a lot more to fix then some soccer mom car. :lol: Bad drivers should learn to park next to shitty cars that will cost like $1000 to fix. I hope the bitch enjoys paying out his ass.

Satira
04-08-2004, 02:23 AM
At least you got his license number. I bet he'll feel really stupid about it.

FlypaperforFreaks
04-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Lady Satira
At least you got his license number. I bet he'll feel really stupid about it.

I don't know about the laws in your state, but here if someone hits and runs and the damage is under a certain amount it is a misdemeanor. However, if the damage exceeds a certain amount it is a felony so he might have more to look forward to than feeling stupid. Call the cops and make a report.

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:33 AM
I did call the cops. I'm definately going to make sure to make this guys life hell. If he would have stuck around, I wouldn't really care. However the fact he left pissed me off. It's going to cost a lot to repair my car... I smile at the thought of the look of his face when he realizes how much it's going to cost him.

ThisOtherKingdom
04-08-2004, 02:34 AM
I park out in the middle of nowhere with my car, and that shit still happens to me. At least you caught 'em. I had to pay for repairs myself. Now make sure they pay, in more ways than one!

Like they say in Pulp Fiction, "You don't fuck with another man's vehicle!"

peam
04-08-2004, 02:35 AM
What do you drive?

Hips
04-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Don't you drive an infiniti g35 coupe or something really nice and pretty like that?

...I almost feel bad for the guy at how much he'll have to pay, but I'm glad he's gonna get it stuck to him good for taking off. Jerk.

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by peam
What do you drive?

300zx TT. When I bought the car it was probably worth about 35-40k. Now with everything I've put into it, it's worth probably 60-70k.

peam
04-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Will the insurance company recognize the upgrades on a vehicle, should said vehicle be in an accident?

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by peam
Will the insurance company recognize the upgrades on a vehicle, should said vehicle be in an accident?

Yes, because I insured everthing.

Edaarin
04-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Heh, sucks to be him...are you sure it wasn't a woman who hit your car?

HarmNone
04-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Ish. Sorry about your car, Sintik. The least the idiot could have done was stop and own up. Seeing that he pays is only right, since he is obviously not only a lousy driver, but a sniveling coward on top of it! :mad:

HarmNone

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin

Hmmm. Good point. Women are the worst drivers.

It was a truck though, so I doubt it.

Hips
04-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

Must have been Tayre.

Mint
04-08-2004, 02:51 AM

Originally posted by Edaarin

Hmmm. Good point. Women are the worst drivers.

I object (big surprise)

Scott
04-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

Must have been Tayre.

That makes sense, Tayre is pretty close to being a female (driver)

Latrinsorm
04-08-2004, 10:58 AM
It was a truck though, so I doubt it. Girls drive trucks man, don't you listen to the Eagles?

Artha
04-08-2004, 11:05 AM
So today, I was practicing driving out in this parking lot, and I practice parked beside this one really nice car. Well, I tried to get out, but I hit the car, doing a bit of damage. So I'm thinking "OH shit oh shit oh shit" and then this guy comes running over and I get the hell out of there.

Hey......

Wezas
04-08-2004, 11:07 AM
My new Nissan was hit outside my house about a month ago. Happened in the middle of the night (I assume) because I didn't find out till the next morning when I saw my bumper all scraped up and my taillight busted.

Called Insurance, Called the Cops. Cop was nice, but couldn't do anything. Insurance told me it would cost $775 to fix the car ($200 of it being my deductable). Repair place manager was very cool. We both agreed that the quarter panel didn't need to be replaced (tiny scratch on the very edge that would be covered up by the taillight anyways). So he charged me $500, Insurance paid $575. So I saved $200 and he made $75.

He even touched up a few little scratches in other parts of my car.

Wezas
04-08-2004, 11:09 AM
The truck wasn't a light colored 2003 S-10, was it?

<run Tayre, run!>

Tendarian
04-08-2004, 11:17 AM
I hit a parked car once on the side of the road. It was icy and i was around 17 i think. I go knock on the door and tell the woman and she starts crying. Man that sucked listening to her sob story as we waited for the cops. Thats the only real accident ive ever been in though so i guess im lucky.

DeV
04-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Hit and runners suck major. Someone driving an Expedition backed into me and took off a couple years back. Thankfully the police station was right down the block.
Nine times out of ten if you remain on the scene something can be worked out, even if you don't have insurance. Why people run and cause more trouble for themselves is beyond me.

Zeyrin
04-08-2004, 11:22 AM
I had someone nail my new Mustang GT and screw up the paint. You're lucky you got this guy by the balls. It cost me something like $1500 to fix.

Hulkein
04-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

It was a truck though, so I doubt it. Girls drive trucks man, don't you listen to the Eagles?

It's a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford slowin down to take a look at me. :D

TheEschaton
04-08-2004, 11:29 AM
I once had a Ford Tempo, and I went to Church and parked next to this huge, old Olds. Like one of the behemoths from the old days. I saw an old man getting out of it.

I come out of Church, the Olds is gone, and my WHOLE FUCKING FRONT BUMPER IS RIPPED OFF (I had parked with my nose out). Some guy says he saw the old man hit it and just tear it off with his Olds when he was backing out, but the witness was under the impression the old man had no idea anything had happened. Fucking witness didn't get a plate number though.

And I had to drive with my bumper duct taped to my car, which I borrowed from the Rectory.

It was a classic case of big steel car vs. small, insignificant, plastic car. But I was still pissed. It was my first car, and I paid every single cent for that fucker.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
04-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Hells yes.

This thread has further convinced me to not drive for as long as possible. Although my car got quite a beating sitting in the driveway. Stupid trees.

Artha
04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Driving = fun to the max

Pierat
04-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Heh that sucks, but so does these 3 storys ive had :(

1. On the way to jury duty (I live in nyc) crossing the street, have the walk light, minivan tries to make right turn, hits me. I stand up, shocked....point at the sign and all I can muster is "Walk! Walk motherfucker, WALK!". So theres tons of witnesses, and hes stuck with me in front of him.....what does he do? Floors it, hits me to get the heck out of there. On a good note, they decided not to pick me for an accident case that day.

2. Sitting my my jeep in a meeting, its decked out with brush bars, step up pipes etc.... street sweeper truck comes by, hits me, keeps going while I WAS INSIDE IT. Needless to say I chased him down, he wouldnt stop, I had to shoot around him and block both lanes to get his plates.

3. My sports car was 1 week old and I got a door ding :(
No freaking respect! Some foo foo jerk crap munching poodle walking big hated woman got out of a taxi and popped a ding in my door.... ::grumbles::

Anyhow, life sucks, learn how to buff out scratches, make friends with rubbing compound and let it roll I say

ThisOtherKingdom
04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Old people should not drive. I've seen way too many times where they just back out of parking spaces, NEVER looking, and hit everything in site.

Soulpieced
04-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Hit and run will look lovely on said person's insurance. Talk about straight up fucked river. Do tell us what happens Sintik.

Atlanteax
04-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
Old people should not drive. I've seen way too many times where they just back out of parking spaces, NEVER looking, and hit everything in site.

Nevermind how dangerous they are driving so slowly on the streets and freeways.

Is an accident-prone situation when you have people trying to move from behind them into the left (or right) lane to pass them, and then moving back in front of them.

You'd think they'd get the hint after 4 cars do that?!? Or with the flow of the right lane moving some 10-15 mph faster than them.

Sheesh... they should be required to take a driver's test every other year after turning 60. Maybe 55.

peam
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Studies be damned, I'm convinced driving slow is far more dangerous than driving fast.

I want to hear what comes of this too, Sintik. Press charges to the fullest. NO COMPASSION.

Tisket
04-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Old, blue-haired ladies that drive 30 mph on the freeway actually seldom get in accidents. Of course the accidents they leave in their wake would probably astonish us all.

Scott
04-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Update, total cost to fix my car:

$10,534

04-09-2004, 12:51 AM
:wow: I could buy a fucking new car.

Skirmisher
04-09-2004, 12:59 AM

$10,534

Did they drive THRU your car or just hit it?

Scott
04-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

$10,534

What happened was he was parked next to me and turned the wheel way to early so the corner of his front car hit the side of mine and basically went accross the side.

Skirmisher
04-09-2004, 01:09 AM
I knew there was a reason i stuck with my trusty ole neon.

I could replace my current car for like half the cost to repair half of yours, heh.

If its that much damage i have to agree, go after them for more than just the repair cost, but see what charges can be brought as well.:grr:

Madmox
04-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

It was a classic case of big steel car vs. small, insignificant, plastic car. But I was still pissed. It was my first car, and I paid every single cent for that fucker.

-TheE-

Theres nothing like American Steel! Go Detroit Go. But i agree that does suck
Mox

Madmox
04-09-2004, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Skirmisher

$10,534

Of course chances are that is 8 grand in labor and 2 in parts but none the less
-Colin

What happened was he was parked next to me and turned the wheel way to early so the corner of his front car hit the side of mine and basically went accross the side.

Solkern
04-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Damn you TOLD your insurance about your mods?
I would have never done that

My gst eclipse before the current gst eclipse i own
Was fully modified pushing out like 496 to the wheel
And I would have never told them what was done to my car
I was only paying like 96 a month fopr insurance
I know that if they would have found out what was done, i'D be paying like 400 a month...fuck that, I'm curious since they know what's done to your car, what do you pay a month for a heavily modified tt car?

Scott
04-09-2004, 07:23 PM
New Update:

Turns out the guy who hit my car was already wanted for hitting 2 other cars and leaving. He's going to spend some time in jail, and he's going to be paying a lot.

Oh, and why did I tell the insurance company about what I have on my car? Simple, because if I hadn't, I would have had to pay to fix all the custom additions. If you don't insure everything on your car, including any additions, then you probably won't get the money for it. A buddy of mine who put about $10k under the hood got hit head on, he didn't get shit for all the stuff he had done to the car because he never told the insurance company about it, therefore it wasn't part of the car. I didn't want that to happen to me. I gladly pay the couple extra money for the coverage. Turns it out was WELL worth it.

HarmNone
04-09-2004, 07:27 PM
So, it was a guy who hit you, not some poor blue-haired little old lady? :D

Seriously, it sounds like this dude is a menace to everybody in the area. Too often, guys like this do not have any insurance, and your insurance policy ends up covering the whole thing. I hope it is different in this case.

Glad you are getting your car fixed, and that nobody was hurt by this fool!

HarmNone

Skirmisher
04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Ha!

Great to hear.

Nicely done.:yes:

Scott
04-09-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he's going to lose his license, which is probably a good thing. However hitting cars isn't stopping him, so I doubt a suspended license will stop him from driving.

AkMan
04-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Heh I'm pretty sure your insurance company will make his life miserable. I'm guessing they'll sue him for the repair costs if he's uninsured. They'll make his life a living hell when he gets out of jail.

Mistomeer
04-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by AkMan
Heh I'm pretty sure your insurance company will make his life miserable. I'm guessing they'll sue him for the repair costs if he's uninsured. They'll make his life a living hell when he gets out of jail.

Someone hit my parked car not too long ago. There were 5 witnesses that got his license plate #. I filed a police report, etc. The police didn't really do anything, but my insurance company didn't care to foot the repair bill for $5,000 or so and got it all back from his insurance company. At first they weren't going to pay, but my insurance company basically told them that they could pay now or get sued and they paid up.

Soulpieced
04-10-2004, 12:45 AM
w00t. So have they found said person yet? Or you just know that he was wanted for 2 other hit and runs, and you helped get him by getting the plate number?