PDA

View Full Version : Factions and associations

Sihaya
07-22-2010, 11:34 PM
My turn to rant. When I started Shattered, my reason to play was to repeat my original experience in prime. I created Sihaya the empath at the end of 1995 and played her as a sweet, generous, and kind to everyone person (unless someone gave me reason not to, most notoriously--Vollendam). I had to start off with nothing, because I didn't know a soul in the game. I was a chat host on the Prodigy network, that's why I was able to play a lot, while most were still paying $3 bux an hour at the point to just be online and do anything, including play GS (before AOL went unlimited and set that precedent, and before the game moved to the internet and charged their own standalone fees).

Anyway! That was my reason to play Shattered. Right off the bat, a very young Mordechai killed my alt in rats, and me when I went to drag her out. I still thought you had to have a rezz after level 3 and didn't know the changes that you could depart up till level 10 at that point. It made me pretty mad, so I hired an assassin to kill him, and he did so, so I felt somewhat vindicated. Meanwhile, Cervina resided in TSC just like I did, especially once I got to level 10 and could heal anything. She and I talked when she was at the keyboard, and both of us, I think, pretty much detested Madam for her practices. Once Cervina left TSC, I had very little contact with her whatsoever. In fact, none, until the day a couple of weeks ago when I died in zombies due to an internet fail. She came to rescue me. She was very nice, as she always was, and said that the Marlus wouldn't bother me because she told them I was off limits. That's a paraphrase, but it's pretty close to what she said. I know you read these now, Cervina, and hope you don't mind my saying this.

Mordechai asked me repeatedly to acknowledge him in public, and I refused repeatedly, and told him my reasons for playing were completely opposite from his. He wanted infamy and I want nothing more than to be liked and respected. To align with a negative faction was certainly not my intent and will never be. My RL cousin quit with her 2 Shattered accounts directly due to the Marlu clain's actions against her characters. At that point, I would still help anyone in any way they needed, because, I play an empath and a cleric--benevolent, helping professions. I did not want to be associated with a bad/mean/killers group. I still remain true to that IC ideology.

The battles have heated up considerably. I admired Necen's main reason for creating Vanguard, which to my knowledge (limited by what I read on PC, nothing more or less) was to keep people playing the game, population-wise. I too find the game a lot more fun with a lot more people. I loved the brisk amulet net when there were 2k people on. If not for lich lnet, I wouldn't have stuck around in prime these last months, since the net is essentially dead. I like the social interaction of lnet. I lurk a lot, even if I don't talk a lot.

I'm rambling again, but digression seems to be a strong suit with me. So, the battles heated up and the Marlus just keep losing, after all.. the good guys are supposed to win. So, I sent Necen a PM and told him my past history and indicated I wanted to help the good side. I was granted access to their channel, but was only able to help a little bit. An hour or so later, there was an incident in Sol, and despite the Shakira meanness, I kept trying to help get a Vanguard raised, and finally accomplished that. I definitely was observed helping Vanguard exclusively, and figured I'd be fair game for them once again, regardless of anything else. I was willing to risk that in order to be known as a part of the "good side."

The next day, I helped get another one up and running again, and then, out of the blue, Necen disbanded the channel saying they were banning "a mole." I sent him a PM on PC asking why he banned me, but he deigned to respond. So, tonight, I asked a member who I'd help raise and was told that they consider me "suspicious."
:wtf:
Since I will never be a Marlu, and had no idea that I was on their "friends" list until Madam posted those lists, I felt I needed to defend myself, so here I am. I'm not much of a joiner, never was. I'm reclusive in life and in game--unless I've had a pain pill, and then you can't shut me up! One of prime's members could certainly verify that. I seem to be quite entertaining when I'm in the mood.

Be that as it may, I feel that since I did align with Vanguard, if only for less than 24 hours, I am fair game for the Marlala's. I hope not, but after all, it IS Shattered, and if I can't tolerate it, I have the same fingers to close out the account as I had when I opened it. Sihaya is one of those dread/hated table healers for the most part now, but I am returning to my normal status. I'll help anyone that needs it, as a healer and cleric should do, in my humble opinion and in the very best of a RP sense. I'm not a dam mole though, and resent the hell out of that implication as the player behind the characters.

Thank you, thank you very much. Linda

Ryvicke
07-22-2010, 11:40 PM
You're too good for this shit Sihaya!

RaneCV
07-23-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm saying this here because I want it known to everyone (Including Marlus):

Anyone who harms or kills Sihaya or any alt of hers on purpose, in any fashion, is my enemy. Sihaya is on the Marlu friends list -only- because I put her there to do what I could to ensure the Marlus wouldn't attack her. She is in no way associated with the Marlus beyond the fact that I don't want any harm to come to her.

If her being on the Marlu friends list is actually causing her distress or inconvenience in any fashion, let me know and I will immediately remove her.

~ Cervina / Dart

Bhaalizmo
07-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Sihaya has always been cool to me, I've got no problem with her. I can see why because of her past association with the Marlu's she'd be excluded from the Vanguard. That aside, I bear her no ill will.

Spooky
07-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Sihaya really is sweet, and I'm upset they banned her from the vanguards. I didnt know about it since just now. She's helped me numberous times with my foraging tasks, and really goes out to help people. Please don't quit, too many people have quit because of the cults anyway.

Cthulu
07-23-2010, 12:17 AM
I've always had Sihaya highlighted in blue.

Anyways, there are no good guys on shattered.

Rathain
07-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I'll help anyone that needs it, as a healer and cleric should do, in my humble opinion and in the very best of a RP sense. I'm not a dam mole though, and resent the hell out of that implication as the player behind the characters.

I've been lurking as a Shattered player as well, and if anything, I find the Marlu/Vanguard war kind of funny and good for the game. Despite not using Lich like most others are, the level of interaction is far better.

With people getting their asses reamed by broken whisky bottles, helicopter blades, dildos, and my character recently being garroted to death with a WTF BBQ sauce stained g-string, this isn't exactly an area where I expect RP'ed neutrality to function so I'm surprised by your reaction. You can RP your cleric and empath as what you believe the professions to represent as helpful duo. But even in an RP intensive scenario, not everyone would agree with you. With this being Shattered, you might find it even harder to sustain your RP in this environment in the way you want to, even if the level of interaction is way better than Prime.

Tisket
07-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I have interacted with Sihaya and she seems decent and legit. However, I have also interacted a LOT with Necen and any move he makes is always done with Vanguards best interest at heart. Sometimes we get bad intel though and if that's the case here then I'm really sorry but mistakes do happen occasionally. Don't take it to heart so.

HJFudge
07-23-2010, 02:58 AM
<quotes the part about us always losing>

...What? I made 300k yesterday (from protection fees), and we GAINED members even after losing Katze/Madam.

They havent even slowed us down :P

n00bied00bied0
07-23-2010, 03:17 AM
the poster prolly meant that historically, good usually trumps evil. I say tho, seeing Necen and Madam (together, alone, in a pc post) at the Marlu table freaked me out bad enough that now I doubt either side and will have to agree with Ct's player's comment that in shattered, there are no good guys.

money is good, but it sounds like you make a lot more off the box sharing than off bribe monies!

viva le shattered, but the hell with the factoids! i'ma just find me a table and create a deathbot to raise at that table. after all, whodathunk that Chivalry... is dead? oblique, yet valid comment that anyone who's in the game tonight will recognize as such

smirks and sings "lala la la la!"

Mathari
07-23-2010, 03:17 AM
With people getting their asses reamed by broken whisky bottles, helicopter blades, dildos, and my character recently being garroted to death with a WTF BBQ sauce stained g-string, this isn't exactly an area where I expect RP'ed neutrality to function so I'm surprised by your reaction. You can RP your cleric and empath as what you believe the professions to represent as helpful duo. But even in an RP intensive scenario, not everyone would agree with you. With this being Shattered, you might find it even harder to sustain your RP in this environment in the way you want to, even if the level of interaction is way better than Prime.
I might be derailing the thread a bit by focusing on this, but this is probably my main reason for not playing Shattered. It's kind of disappointing, really. It would've been great to have a "harsh" or "un-watered-down" version of GemStone where characters aren't able to hide from consequences via WARN or POLICY/GM-involvement, but where things are otherwise kept in-genre. I'm fine with allowing characters to kill one another if it comes to that, or for allowing characters/groups to go on killing sprees or into war (though I still think griefing sucks, even if it's technically allowed), and I don't have a problem with people AFK-scripting. What sucks, to me, is that Shattered goes beyond this and allows the game-world to be almost entirely ignored. It's one thing if there are murdering bands, assassins, outright jerks, etc., so long as it's in the genre of the game. It's another thing entirely when Rambo suddenly shows up looking for the soldiers he was with in 'Nam, only to be tragically slain by Oscar the Grouch's giant dildo (though yeah, it sometimes makes me chuckle).

Basically, I guess I'm just echoing the sentiment from the OP about wishing to repeat one's original experience with GS. It was never a complete free-for-all, so far as I remember, but it was still a medieval-ish "high fantasy" game with a lot less of the crap than there currently is in Prime. Shattered could've gone in that direction, but it didn't (yet, anyway). And since it's the story/world/RP that drew me in to GemStone, I can't really get into Shattered. When the story/RP are pretty much gone, I have a hard time being attracted to a text-based game as opposed to something like WoW.

I want Shattered + RP - dildo-weaponry.

Cthulu
07-23-2010, 04:05 AM
I might be derailing the thread a bit by focusing on this, but this is probably my main reason for not playing Shattered. It's kind of disappointing, really. It would've been great to have a "harsh" or "un-watered-down" version of GemStone where characters aren't able to hide from consequences via WARN or POLICY/GM-involvement, but where things are otherwise kept in-genre. I'm fine with allowing characters to kill one another if it comes to that, or for allowing characters/groups to go on killing sprees or into war (though I still think griefing sucks, even if it's technically allowed), and I don't have a problem with people AFK-scripting. What sucks, to me, is that Shattered goes beyond this and allows the game-world to be almost entirely ignored. It's one thing if there are murdering bands, assassins, outright jerks, etc., so long as it's in the genre of the game. It's another thing entirely when Rambo suddenly shows up looking for the soldiers he was with in 'Nam, only to be tragically slain by Oscar the Grouch's giant dildo (though yeah, it sometimes makes me chuckle).

Basically, I guess I'm just echoing the sentiment from the OP about wishing to repeat one's original experience with GS. It was never a complete free-for-all, so far as I remember, but it was still a medieval-ish "high fantasy" game with a lot less of the crap than there currently is in Prime. Shattered could've gone in that direction, but it didn't (yet, anyway). And since it's the story/world/RP that drew me in to GemStone, I can't really get into Shattered. When the story/RP are pretty much gone, I have a hard time being attracted to a text-based game as opposed to something like WoW.

I want Shattered + RP - dildo-weaponry.

So basically you wanted another prime server. Sorry :( You already got one.

Nieninque
07-23-2010, 04:37 AM
TLDR

IorakeWarhammer
07-23-2010, 05:16 AM
ohh sihaya is fine

ya mordie maybe they haven't slowed ya down but i have :)

krissta
07-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Sihaya, you are preaching to the choir! So stupid how if you're associated with a certain side that you are automatically griefed. FFS, I play an empath! I help people!

And you, specifically, have been nothing but sweet and kind. I say screw it. I'll be healing at TSC for awhile. Come by anytime to chat. I miss you. :)

If anyone hurts you, as a fellow empath and friend, I'll help you try and kill them back. Note my word try. It will be amusing.

peam
07-23-2010, 08:35 AM
This shit is so stupid.

Some Rogue
07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
And you keep reading it.

Fallen
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
It is cool to see passionate about the game...just weird to see them passionate about the Shattered instance of the game.

peam
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Actually, I scroll through and examine the avatars/signatures involved.

After a brief determination between said avatars and signatures and their correlation to idiocy, I make my determination.

radamanthys
07-23-2010, 09:22 AM
I've always had Sihaya highlighted in blue.

Anyways, there are no good guys on shattered.

Yes. Yes there are. Only when people are left to their own devices do they show their true colors. Character, as they say, is who you are when no one is looking.

There are very few people who consider Shattered as purely PvP.

Cthulu
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes. Yes there are. Only when people are left to their own devices do they show their true colors. Character, as they say, is who you are when no one is looking.

There are very few people who consider Shattered as purely PvP.

Are you drunk?

Deathravin
07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
There are very few people who consider Shattered as purely PvP.Are you drunk?

I'm sure I don't, none of my friends do... I know the world you've built up around yourself is all about PvP, but I'd say of the 250 or so characters that play the game, probably less than 15% have killed anybody (other than perhaps Katze).

SpiffyJr
07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
<quotes the part about us always losing>

...What? I made 300k yesterday (from protection fees), and we GAINED members even after losing Katze/Madam.

They havent even slowed us down :P

You're fucking delusional and the sad thing is you don't realize it.

Fortybox
07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
You're fucking delusional and the sad thing is you don't realize it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Zhnhq_exYt0/SHqOEKScaiI/AAAAAAAAAY0/AkNR6wcD_io/s400/delusional_fat_people.jpg

Tordane
07-23-2010, 11:15 AM
All I can say to the OP is, it sounds like you let the game bother you too much. I mean, Shattered is like the fucking Wild West. So you got boned by both current large factions? Quit bitching about how you have been mistreated and create a new faction to pwn the two of them? If you don't have atleast a mili-meter e-peepee and play shattered, your probably in for exactly what this OP is expressing.

This is shattered, it might not be what everyone wants....but shattered evolved on its on and I bet it will continue to change for a long time to come. Remember, I bet 50% of the player base is ignoring everything racing to cap still. Wait until they join/create factions and enter the fray. Shattered has alot of evolving to do yet.

BriarFox
07-23-2010, 11:37 AM
This should be resolved.

Nostradamus
07-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Sihaya, you are preaching to the choir! So stupid how if you're associated with a certain side that you are automatically griefed. FFS, I play an empath! I help people!

And you, specifically, have been nothing but sweet and kind. I say screw it. I'll be healing at TSC for awhile. Come by anytime to chat. I miss you. :)

If anyone hurts you, as a fellow empath and friend, I'll help you try and kill them back. Note my word try. It will be amusing.

Let me tell you, we all started together in TSC healing right about the same time atleast I remember Sihaya and I too have a cleric and an empath and considered bad material because i have friends in marlu..
Mord also in the beginning told me about the RP Idea he had and i thought it was a great idea and would be so much fun and excitement..

So yeah now these guys from both sides have taken there fight to the next level and clics have formed. I know of both you guys and it is just our profession to help others which is why we chose this in the first place... Empaths are a natural social character in GS.... I hope you don't leave guys, I too feel the griefing... maybe it is not being killed like some are constantly but it is deffinately being like you are some kind of a social outcast or something... hang in there.:club:

radamanthys
07-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Are you drunk?

No.

Mathari
07-24-2010, 12:39 PM
So basically you wanted another prime server.
I initially wasn't going to respond to this, because I think it's obvious that that's not what I said. But I just saw you suggest that Shattered is somehow becoming Prime in another thread, so I figure I'll respond.

No. That's not what I wanted. If you re-read what I said, this should be clear. AFK-scripting is not allowed in Prime. Prime has WARN, POLICY, and excessive GM-involvement. You're not allowed to play an assassin or a murderer in Prime -- for the most part; I suppose you could do this under extremely controlled/contrived conditions -- because of consent issues. None of that exists in Shattered, and that's all well and good. That's what I want(ed). I just also wish(ed) that things were kept in-genre, so that (for example) there weren't cyborgs running around in-game attacking one another with dildos. That's all.

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
hes just crying. disregard him, Mathari

Corli
07-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Sihaya,

During the beginning of Shattered, I always enjoyed seeing you in TSC. I rarely see you now, but I'm glad you are still around, because you are most awesome.

I didn't read through all the responses, but I think one of the reasons you were on the 'friends' list, is because... well.. who could kill YOU?

:)

Starbuck salutes you!