PDA

View Full Version : Runestone System Updates & Changes

SiKWiDiT
04-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Runestone System Updates & Changes · on 4/6/2004 8:13:13 PM 592

The following updates/changes have been made to Scroll Infusion (714) and the runestone system in general.

1. All smooth stones must now be prepared before they can be used for any magic. This includes scroll infusing, spirit servants, and demons. The aish'vrak potion can be purchased anywhere that runestones are sold. Runestones that are available for purchase are all pre-prepared and do not need any further preparation.

2. The number of charges available in a runestone is now directly related to the value of the stone. A purchased runestone or a prepared smooth stone have the same value. Merchants may offer runestones of greater value, which will have more charges available. Bottom line - you get what you pay for!

3. The type of rune drawn also plays a part in determining the number of charges available in the runestone. For example, you will notice that spirit servant runes have many more charges than they used to. Experiment with the available runes to discover the differences.

4. Scroll deterioration, or how fast the scroll becomes 'uninfusable' naturally, depends on the rarity of the spell found on the scroll. Generally, attack spells will last longer, commonly available defensive spells less, and rarely available spells even less. This change does not have any affect on the difficulty of infusing a scroll in any way.

5. The biggest change for Scroll Infusion (714) is that Sorcerers must now hold an ag'loenar runestone in either hand while infusing a scroll. This runestone serves as a focal point for the infusion process. Each ag'loenar runestone holds approximately 50 charges and is created by drawing the ag'loenar rune on a stone. The ag'loenar rune is available to any Sorcerer who knows the Scroll Infusion spell.

6. For organization freaks like myself, you will be happy to know that you can now pour ink in between ink containers. Happy organizing!

~ Kitrina

Tromp
04-14-2004, 09:05 AM
where does one buy these potions etc...?

Syberus
04-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry bit late.. but you can find most of what you need in the alchemists (not sure about landing, but there's the Carnavassary)

Razorfish
08-07-2004, 08:56 PM
The Landing alchamist dont have crap...
ya have to treck out to the caravn

kheldarin
08-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Question...I bought an ag'loenar from one of the shops on the Dhu, and I tried waving it at my parchment but it just does this:

s>wave runestone at my parch
You wave your slate runestone around.

s>read rune
You quickly recognize the rune scrawled upon the runestone as the "ag'loenar" rune.
s>read parch
It takes you a moment to focus on the velvety tan parchment.
On the velvety tan parchment you see
(916) Invisibility

The parchment is fresh, by the way. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Jonty
08-13-2004, 08:39 PM
You don't wave that stone at a scroll.... You're supposed to hold it while infusing mana in unlocked spells. Quiss'fyn unlocks and odeir'cos detects.

[Edited on 8-14-2004 by Jonty]

kheldarin
08-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Ahh, that makes much sense, thanks.