PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bot Empaths

Carl Spackler
07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Don't piss and moan when I drag my alt to you for healing. If you don't want to take the wounds, don't set up a heal bot in a public place. Thanks.

Deathravin
07-19-2010, 08:45 PM
? why would people be bitching?
Isn't that the point?

Danical
07-19-2010, 08:46 PM
log?

Carl Spackler
07-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm an empath, but i was hunting so I didn't feel like dealing with a warcamp victim.... so I dragged him to the bots... one guy got choked about it... don't be a bot if you don't want them.

Carl Spackler
07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
edited to remove thoughts and crap

With the help of Austin, you grab Charlie's body and drag it west with you...

[Ta'Vaalor, Tyrnian Court]
A small cluster of trees stands near the edge of the court, providing a shady spot and a chance for a brief respite from the bustle of the city. Several elven guards stand beneath a nearby tree, chatting quietly amongst themselves as they scan the crowded court. You also see the Lynn disk, a braid of cracked wheat bread, a white flask, a rose-marrow potion, some ambrominas leaf, some ambrominas leaf, a rose-marrow potion, a rectangular steel-framed mirror, a run-down old margarita machine, a wooden barrel and a darkly stained wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: the body of Charlie who is lying down, Harbringer, Rash, Godsatan, Iyachtu, Pug, Lynn, Pie, Drone, Daragon, Trall, Chester who is kneeling, Obinnone
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
Austin followed.
>
[go2: travel time: 0:00:01]
--- Lich: go2 has exited.
Chester meditates over Charlie.
Chester takes Charlie's head damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's neck damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's right eye damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's left eye damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's back damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's chest damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's abdomen damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's left arm damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's right arm damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's left hand damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's right hand damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's left leg damage.
>
Chester takes Charlie's right leg damage.
>
Chester takes all of Charlie's blood loss.
>
Chester appears to be focusing his thoughts while chanting softly...
Chester concentrates.
Chester looks a lot better.
>
Chester concentrates.
Chester looks a lot better.
>
Chester concentrates.
Chester looks a little better.
>
that stuff in batter... yuck"
Chester murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Chester concentrates.
Chester's head looks better.

Chester says, "Oh hell."
>
Chester stands up.

Austin says, "Chest."
>
Clozy just arrived.
>
Chester says, "Heal your own damn alt."
>
Austin says, "Er."
>
Austin says, "Was going to offer to take them back."
>
Chester's group just went west.
>
Austin shrugs.
>
Chester's group just arrived.
>
Chester says, "You didn't last time."
>
Chester just went west.

and then i caught him at the cleric

[Hall of the Arkati, Chamber]
The musty smells of damp earth and moldering stone clash with the acrid smoke from guttering censers scattered throughout this narrow space tucked between the foundations of massive columns. Someone has hung some old tapestries in the gaps between the footings, but their decaying and moth-eaten fabrics do little but reinforce the shabbiness of the area The only furnishing is a slab of ochre sandstone, from which hangs several wooden amulets. You also see a wizened brown-robed hermit.
Also here: Austin, Charlie, the body of Chester who is lying down
Obvious exits: none
>'i told you i'd take them.
You say, "I told you i'd take them."
>
>
The ghostly voice of Chester says, "You didn't last time i healed him."

>'Well, here's a thought... We were hunting, if you're going to set up a bot, you better believe I'm going to take advantage of it
You say, "Well, here's a thought... We were hunting, if you're going to set up a bot, you better believe I'm going to take advantage of it."
>
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>
The ghostly voice of Chester asks, "When why are you a healer if you aren't going to heal him?"
>
>'I don't just have to heal, you know that, right?
You ask, "I don't just have to heal, you know that, right?"
>
[LNet]-GSIV:Mogonis: "Leland stole your shitty Compaq!"
The brown-robed hermit is wracked by a sudden bout with a deep, wheezing cough. After a long minute he is able to catch his breath and wipes away some blood and spittle from his scraggledy beard.
>
The ghostly voice of Chester says, "You mean empaths can hunt? wow, news to me."
>
>clap chest
You applaud Chester.
>
>'congrats!
You exclaim, "Congrats!"

>'so, back to the issue at hand. If you don't want the wounds, don't set up a bot.
You say, "So, back to the issue at hand. If you don't want the wounds, don't set up a bot."

The ghostly voice of Chester says, "Don't worry, won't have this problem anymore."

Deathravin
07-19-2010, 08:57 PM
IMO, waaah. My script goes too fast so it'll only get 5-6 wounds before choking on type-ahead lines. I sort of like it like that. That way it's harder for them to die. I've heard my empaths have done several warcamp victims over the last couple weeks and they never went belled, so I gotta be doin something right.

Yes, bottom line, if you don't want a warcamp victim, write (GASP, WRITE a script?) a script that only takes a few wounds or doesn't do >3 level 3 wounds at a time. Can't bitch about it IMO. You're 100% in the right.

Parkbandit
07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I can understand an empath not wanting to heal another empath.. but why would they give two shits about healing a non-empath?

Experience is experience.. which is why they set themselves up as a healbot to begin with.

Chester sounds like a really, really stupid person. Kill him repeatedly imo.

Tordane
07-19-2010, 09:35 PM
<<adds Chester to the to kill list>>

RaneCV
07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
shattered_empath even has a really simple button to fix this. It tells you to stop healing when you're fried. Sure, it can still happen that you'll be belled and you'll get a warcamp victim, but this is one easy solution.

The other relatively easy solution is to take some time out and go master CoL. Keep sign of staunching up all the time and you'll never be the victim of another warcamp victim!

Drisco
07-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I find shattered_empath is to slow to compete with others.

naps
07-20-2010, 12:23 AM
As that was the second time I think that Chester died to your alt in a short period of time...I can understand his being a little pissed. Also, being that I know the guy playing Chester, he was over it almost as soon as it happened. In fact, I know he was...he's back healing everyone. Slutty and Nurse moved on and there wasn't a permanent type healer, and he drew the short straw and got to make the heal bot. Kinda nice of him imo.

Tell me, running to the boards and posting this did what for you? I mean, it's not like he came here to complain about you?

The SpellWeaver
07-20-2010, 12:30 AM
whats up with empaths getting hate on because they don't feel like healing sometimes in shattered?

Donquix
07-20-2010, 12:30 AM
As that was the second time I think that Chester died to your alt in a short period of time...I can understand his being a little pissed. Also, being that I know the guy playing Chester, he was over it almost as soon as it happened. In fact, I know he was...he's back healing everyone. Slutty and Nurse moved on and there wasn't a permanent type healer, and he drew the short straw and got to make the heal bot. Kinda nice of him imo.

Tell me, running to the boards and posting this did what for you? I mean, it's not like he came here to complain about you?

Awww that's so sweet of him to get free completely safe* exp in a node all too himself.

oh wait...

*sucky scripting not withstanding

naps
07-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Awww that's so sweet of him to get free completely safe* exp in a node all too himself.

oh wait...

*sucky scripting not withstanding

I think you missed the point there, Poindexter. He put Chester there so there will always be a free, completely safe way for people to heal up after a hunt. He could give a shit about leveling Chester beyond the point of being able to take and heal all wounds.

Donquix
07-20-2010, 02:54 AM
I think you missed the point there, Poindexter. He put Chester there so there will always be a free, completely safe way for people to heal up after a hunt. He could give a shit about leveling Chester beyond the point of being able to take and heal all wounds.

I'm sure.

Deathravin
07-20-2010, 07:29 AM
This has nothing to do with his not wanting to heal somebody. He isn't under any obligation to heal anybody.

His problem is his script killed him. Not that somebody brought in a warcamp victim. His script should do his bidding and play the game according to the rules he wants. He should be pissed at his script and his own inability to make it play by HIS rules.

It's not the player's fault he can't code his script properly.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Then who cares if he occasionally dies from over-healing, right?

Parkbandit
07-20-2010, 09:41 AM

So Chester is blaming the dead alt for having too many wounds for his script to handle? Sounds like Chester should come up with a better script.

And I would like to nominate Chester for Empath of the Year award.. for his selfless duty of sitting in a node and running his healbot script. What a humanitarian!!

Ugotfaced
07-20-2010, 10:01 AM

So, what if it was someone else who wasn't an empath, bringing in a warcamp meal? You still would have died, but would you have been butt hurt about it? First time I've seen an empath cry about killing themselves. I like when empaths whisper 'How much blood ya need?" makes me laugh.

Fatsix
07-20-2010, 10:10 AM
He could always sit in the node at a table and heal his alts nerves 24/7. I personally don't care for this method at all, its beyond cheap.

Chester should experience dieing and rotting just like everyone else.

Carl Spackler
07-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Weird, which is what I did. Took advantage of a free, safe way to heal up... QQ

naps
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
You folks are more upset about it than he ever was.

Parkbandit
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM

Don't mistake pointing out his and your ignorance as an emotion like "upset".

It was stupid to get mad about and equally stupid to attempt to defend it.

Celephais
07-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Your abilities to measure levels of upsetness are astounding, I've tried to do this before but found myself completely incapable because it's the internet and there is no fucking way to tell how upset someone is unless they post a video of them crying with their dad telling them the consequences will never be the same. Did I miss them posting this video? Or is it possible you're perceiving something that's not there? Have you considered that he posted it because Chester freaked out and he thought it was funny? It doesn't look like Carl is upset about this turn of events.

Cephalopod
07-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Given Carl's past history of posting, I'm pretty sure he's going to go out drinking soon and won't give this a second thought.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Then later he'll post some pictures with a ruddy complextion and a "I got housed, oh and here's some hottie hanging off me". Carl is living the life man, he's got shit figured out.

Tare
07-20-2010, 12:20 PM
The bot empaths in the landing aren't so bad

naps
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
FINE! I'm taking my ball and going home!

Carl Spackler
07-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Then later he'll post some pictures with a ruddy complextion and a "I got housed, oh and here's some hottie hanging off me". Carl is living the life man, he's got shit figured out.

hahahaha, thanks!

I actually have (for me) a tan. Been playing a lot of golf lately.