PDA

View Full Version : When making home made hot sauce.

Sean of the Thread
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
For the love of GOD wear rubber gloves.

I made it like three hours ago and had washed my hands multiple fucking times.

Touched my penis (tee hee) AND HOLY SHIT it feels like it's going to burn off.

Think I'll dip it into a glass of milk or something ffs.

radamanthys
07-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I was making a family recipe bread dipping sauce stuff... I was lightly frying up some peppers in oil. I had just cut and seeded them, threw the seeds and peppers in the oil.

Then I sneezed. Instinctively rubbed my eyes after. Holy shit ow.

Back
07-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I had a gf who chopped jalapenos then touched her hoo-haa. She was dancing around for about an half hour. Pretty funny actually.

Warriorbird
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Also watch out for it splashing IN THE EYES. I was making some with my Dad last year and I got saved by the glasses but he definitely got the splash damage. I felt terrible for him.

Parkbandit
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I had a gf who chopped jalapenos then touched her hoo-haa. She was dancing around for about an half hour. Pretty funny actually.

{Insert painful truth about a jalapenos being the biggest thing near her hoo-haa since being your gf}

Jalapeno - average size is 2" - 3".

Kuyuk
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
{Insert painful truth about a jalapenos being the biggest thing near her hoo-haa since being your gf}

Jalapeno - average size is 2" - 3".

Thank you for the clarification on how big the average Jalapeņo is, in-case anyone has never seen them.

And yes, it fucking blows to get chili oils on sensitive areas :(

Gan
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Granulated Sugar

Showal
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I was making a family recipe bread dipping sauce stuff... I was lightly frying up some peppers in oil. I had just cut and seeded them, threw the seeds and peppers in the oil.

Then I sneezed. Instinctively rubbed my eyes after. Holy shit ow.

put this in the recipe thread (minus the part about rubbing your eyes and the whole story actually, just the recipe).

Delias
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I worked at a sports bar when I was 17 and they had these huge jugs of jalapenos... it is important to remember not to stick your arm into the jug (seriously, you could go elbow-deep in this thing... shut up, perverts) if you have an open cut anywhere on your arm.

ElvenFury
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
This one time, at Rojo's house, I got a clove of garlic stuck in my ass, and... oh wait, she said not to tell this story...

NEVERMIND.

Stanley Burrell
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I'll always remember when I was fourteen, I handled some green, yellow and orange jabaneros; and, before I immediately going to obviously wash my hands, I barely dug out (like, not even a 90-degree turn finger pick with the entire nail being obscured by the nostril) one of those tiny-ass nose dingleberries. But woah: instant nose bleed.

Sam
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I worked at a sports bar when I was 17 and they had these huge jugs of jalapenos... it is important to remember not to stick your arm into the jug (seriously, you could go elbow-deep in this thing... shut up, perverts) if you have an open cut anywhere on your arm.

I would hope that food service workers would avoid doing this regardless of it's something spicy.. I don't want open sores coming in contact with my food! (Please don't post stories of the sick shit you've seen people do in restaurant kitchens...)

Delias
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, we wore gloves to the wrist... but in a 5 gallon tub of jalapenos when you start to empty it, you can still brush your upper arm against the inside of the tub...so without touching an open cut to your jalapeno, I still get the jalapeno shit in said cut. Also, the real stories of what has happened to your food would probably kill you, if that bothers you that much.

Sean of the Thread
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I somehow managed not to plant habanero this year but those fuckers are hot as shit.

Super Cayenne II
Jalapeno
Banana
red hot cherry
Chili red
summer sweet green
cubanelle

to the tune of about 40 plants. They're producing so many peppers I could probably make a 16oz jar of hot sauce every day for the rest of the summer.

This batched that burned my penis off was a mixture of all the hot ones listed. The burning has subsided now but then again I only pulled a quick minute man tug session so exposure was quick.

Sean of the Thread
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Well, we wore gloves to the wrist... but in a 5 gallon tub of jalapenos when you start to empty it, you can still brush your upper arm against the inside of the tub...so without touching an open cut to your jalapeno, I still get the jalapeno shit in said cut. Also, the real stories of what has happened to your food would probably kill you, if that bothers you that much.

My friend worked at a Sonny's BBQ and he knocked over a jug of disinfectant on a rack into a bucket of their yummy bbq beans and never said a word. Idiot.

(also an idiot for storing a cleaner above the open buckets of prepared beans...)

Gan
07-14-2010, 01:03 PM
The burning has subsided now but then again I only pulled a quick minute man tug session so exposure was quick.

Are you sure that's not in relation to total surface area?

Sean of the Thread
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Are you sure that's not in relation to total surface area?

oh BURNED!

(literally)

Gan
PS. I make my salsa with serrano peppers and jalapenos.

Celephais
http://the-adventurers-club.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/fundip_1.jpg

Gan
oh BURNED!

(literally)

:love:

Sean of the Thread
07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
PS. I make my salsa with serrano peppers and jalapenos.

I had planned on planting serrano but fucked up when buying them. I ended up with 8 jalopeno plants instead of 4 serrano 4 jalopeno. :(