* Mordechai just bit the dust!
* Calidus just bit the dust!
* Rysrin just bit the dust!
* Milamber just but the dust!
* Madam just bit the dust!
* Harry just bit the dust!
* Madmountan just bit the dust!
* Mordechai just bit the dust!

There were more but I missed a couple while hunting. You guys having a bad morning or something?

Khariz
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Mordechai and I died to environment/mobs.

Dunno about the others.

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM
pwnedoneoneoneoneoneone!11one

IWNecromancer
07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
My avatar's name is Deron

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
whoever you are... i love you

Fortybox
07-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Mordechai and I died to environment/mobs.

Dunno about the others.

What I want to know is why your guy is named Madmountan. It's shattered. You could have spelled your name correctly.

WTF is with Marlu clan and misspelled names?

calidus
07-12-2010, 10:37 AM
I just remoted into my home computer to check up on things.

Pandin gestures at you.
For some reason, you feel extremely unlucky.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath your feet! Several of the thorns jab into you!
... hits for 24 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces both of your lungs! Your last gasp is unproductive and brief.
The powerful look leaves you.
Your breathing becomes more shallow.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The dim aura fades from around you.
You feel less secure.

Obviously I was unlucky, hence the death crit, but what does that messaging mean?

Also, try not to get too excited with yourself for taking the time to run around and kill people that are AFK on a Monday morning. ;)

calidus
07-12-2010, 10:39 AM
What I want to know is why your guy is named Madmountan. It's shattered. You could have spelled your name correctly.

Not everyone has enough originality in their veins to think up character names like "Buddy".

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Also, try not to get too excited with yourself for taking the time to run around and kill people that are AFK on a Monday morning. ;)

www.potcallingthekettleblack.com/members/VIP/calidus.jpg

Ashliana
07-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Obviously I was unlucky, hence the death crit, but what does that messaging mean?

It means you rolled a negative roll on an open D100 (or whatever it was).

Some mechanics have a chance to "break the rules" and give you an absurdly high or absurdly low roll. (i.e., rolling a 143 on a D100 or a -75 on a D100).

Foraging is one such mechanic. Lockpicking is one such mechanic. Apparently roots follow one as well.

calidus
07-12-2010, 10:46 AM

Some mechanics have a chance to "break the rules" and give you an absurdly high or absurdly low roll. (i.e., rolling a 143 on a D100 or a -75 on a D100).

Foraging is one such mechanic. Lockpicking is one such mechanic. Apparently roots follow one as well.

Thanks for explaining.

Looks like Spiked Thorn is even cheaper than I thought!

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks for explaining.

making my day, 1 post at a time.

Khariz
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Wanted people to be 100% sure they knew it was me. The stupid spelling is a good way to insure that.

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 11:06 AM
the bad spelling saved his life about 2 weeks ago heh...

>prep 616
cast at madmountain

= i fail

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM

Why not? It's what you do on Tuesday through Sunday.

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for explaining.

Don't bitch about cheap when you use cut throat + feras daggers. kthxbai. Now, logon, get rezzed, and go afk so I can kill you again.

calidus
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't bitch about cheap when you use cut throat + feras daggers. kthxbai. Now, logon, get rezzed, and go afk so I can kill you again.

Not bitching. Calm down.

Spiked Thorn, like feras, is one of many cheap things in the game, but I guess the lack of a winking face or tongue-out-of-the-side-of-my-mouth emoticon resulted in a loss of translation. I was just poking fun at the entire "cheap" debate.

"Looks like Spiked Thorn is even cheaper than I thought! :P"

Better?

The internet lacks tone.

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Not bitching. Calm down.

Spiked Thorn, like feras, is one of many cheap things in the game, but I guess the lack of a winking face or tongue-out-of-the-side-of-my-mouth emoticon resulted in a loss of translation. I was just poking fun at the entire "cheap" debate.

"Looks like Spiked Thorn is even cheaper than I thought! :P"

Better?

The internet lacks tone.

Much. l2internet, yo!

calidus
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Says the dreaded feras killer. You are such a fucking hypocrite.

Morning, sweety.

Drew
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Actually in this scenario I believe it means whoever cast it at you rolled a D100+. Either way they got a good roll or you got a bad one, it's open rolls.

calidus
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Now, logon, get rezzed, and go afk so I can kill you again.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to log back in if I'm killed/slammed while at work, so I'm forced to lose the day when that happens...

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately, I'm unable to log back in if I'm killed/slammed while at work, so I'm forced to lose the day when that happens...

Oh, bummer, I had no idea.

thefarmer
07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Actually in this scenario I believe it means whoever cast it at you rolled a D100+. Either way they got a good roll or you got a bad one, it's open rolls.

From Krakii:

Luck Rolls

When casting Spike Thorn, there is a small chance that there will be an offset added to the d100 to determine the final result, which can be either positive or negative depending on the initial roll. It is an open roll with a maximum of one iteration in either direction. For example, a 1 or 2 would have a negative die roll added to it, and a 99 or 100 would have a positive one.
The unlucky messaging will only be shown to the target, while the caster receives the lucky messaging. When the caster gets a low roll, the target will get the lucky messaging, but there will not be any unlucky messaging for the caster. Basically, the unlucky messaging is only seen by the target when they are about to lose a leg/life.

calidus
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
From Krakii:

Interesting.

Fortybox
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Oh dear...that is horrible. OH DEAR.

Methais
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
= i fail

Grats on making your first relevant post ever.

HJFudge
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
I know in my case, it wasnt even the environs really. It was 'ISP decides to sputter out in the middle of hunt, and decides to ghost DC me in stance offensive'. Twice :\

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
i think fate is catching up with you

HJFudge
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Oop looks like Pandin's having a bad afternoon, all slamming too our teensy weensy members ;)

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Oop looks like Pandin's having a bad afternoon, all slamming too our teensy weensy members ;)

Yah, such a bad day for me.

* Calidus drops dead at your feet!
J>
Maldric just left.
* Calidus drops dead at your feet!
* Maldric returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
* Rysrin drops dead at your feet!
* Milamber drops dead at your feet!
* Maldric drops dead at your feet!
* Maldric drops dead at your feet!

calidus
07-12-2010, 05:24 PM
You're quite the little AFK griefer, aren't ya?

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Pandin,

Will you marry me?

HJFudge
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah and the only one he attacked non-afk he lost :P Well I believe that was the only one that was non-afk. Correct me if Im wrong Calidus.

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Quit Marlu and I'll stop. Join us, if you like.

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
What does the issue of being AFK or not matter to your overall strategy of "tactics" vs honor Mordiekins? It's quite laughable that you're even raising this issue. Our first interaction was you killing me 4-5 times AFK when I was scripting in fire guardians. You did it in a group, with Feras weapons sometimes. I didn't complain, just vowed I'd own you and your buddies as much as possible...

AFK or not the player is in the game and subject to pwnage. I think you're raising the issue as a deception rather than a legitimate concern. If not you wouldn't be doing clown shit like camping the North Gate and owning any hapless newb that happens to walk by. (the majority are AFK btw..)

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah and the only one he attacked non-afk he lost :P Well I believe that was the only one that was non-afk. Correct me if Im wrong Calidus.

Bearhug is nasty. My goal isn't to "win" it's to hamper your XP growth. I work from home and if I'm not out with my fiance I'm usually near a computer in the evenings. I'll do everything in my power to stop your members from leveling until a) they are too far behind to catch up or b) they quit the dumb ass cult.

calidus
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM

The only interaction I've had the past 16 hours has been typing ;go2 228 and ;bigshot solo into a tiny little remote-desktop screen a few times. :P

calidus
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Quit Marlu and I'll stop. Join us, if you like.

Ok.

calidus
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
http://derp.blogs.exetel.com.au/uploads/derppics/derp-derp-sonic-lol-4chan-b-demotivational-poster-1229975792.jpg

SpiffyJr
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
The only interaction I've had the past 16 hours has been typing ;go2 228 and ;bigshot solo into a tiny little remote-desktop screen a few times. :P

My bad.

IorakeWarhammer
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
http://lolthulhu.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tforte-inurjar.jpg

Tilnam
07-12-2010, 07:44 PM

The ironic part about this is I ended up going up against marlu because they griefed my cleric who was afk, over and over and over. Everytime he was killed he was afk

Cephalopod
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting the AFK vs. non-AFK kills. I thought the Marlu folks started off as the kings of killing-AFKers. Are they saying it's not sportsmanlike to kill people AFK now?

TheThirdEye
07-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting the AFK vs. non-AFK kills. I thought the Marlu folks started off as the kings of killing-AFKers. Are they saying it's not sportsmanlike to kill people AFK now?
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/1/633820605592586705-HYPOCRITE.jpg
If nothing else, Shattered has helped us see the true colors of some players. The douchebaggery is not surprising but it's refreshing to have it out in the open.

BriarFox
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Not a very good evening, either:

Calidus just left.
Cthulu just left.
Maldric just left.
* Malevolence drops dead at your feet!
Malevolence just left.
Cthulu just left.

And when Calidus logged back in:

*Calidus just bit the dust!

Khariz
07-12-2010, 11:50 PM
[Private]-GSF:Mofuggah: "Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu aff"

BriarFox
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
[Private]-GSF:Mofuggah: "Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu affiliation. Renounce your Marlu aff"

Forgot one:

*Madmountan got spam-chatted!

HJFudge
07-12-2010, 11:54 PM
[Outlands Manor, Exterior]
Weeds grow up between the tiles paving this small courtyard. Broken chairs lie scattered about, and the rusted frame of a once glaes-topped table leans sadly to one side. An empty, modwir door frame leads into the manorhouse, but no sign of the door that once hung there is visible, only splintered gaps in the frame where the hinges were bolted. Just a bit northeast of here stands a well.
Also here: Ifor, Lord Clank, Mofuggah, Bacons, Beelzebub, Lord Necen
Obvious paths: north, northeast, south

You gesture.
You cast into the air above you and the sky rips open into a void! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!
Ifor is knocked over by the wind!
Ifor scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Clank is knocked over by the wind!
Clank scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Mofuggah is knocked over by the wind!
Mofuggah scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Bacons is knocked over by the wind!
Bacons scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Beelzebub is knocked over by the wind!
Beelzebub scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Necen is knocked over by the wind!
Necen scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

* Ifor drops dead at your feet!

* Beelzebub drops dead at your feet!

* Bacons drops dead at your feet!

So...... I dunno. I thought that went pretty well.

BriarFox
07-12-2010, 11:59 PM
[Outlands Manor, Exterior]
Weeds grow up between the tiles paving this small courtyard. Broken chairs lie scattered about, and the rusted frame of a once glaes-topped table leans sadly to one side. An empty, modwir door frame leads into the manorhouse, but no sign of the door that once hung there is visible, only splintered gaps in the frame where the hinges were bolted. Just a bit northeast of here stands a well.
Also here: Ifor, Lord Clank, Mofuggah, Bacons, Beelzebub, Lord Necen
Obvious paths: north, northeast, south

You gesture.
You cast into the air above you and the sky rips open into a void! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!
Ifor is knocked over by the wind!
Ifor scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Clank is knocked over by the wind!
Clank scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Mofuggah is knocked over by the wind!
Mofuggah scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Bacons is knocked over by the wind!
Bacons scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Beelzebub is knocked over by the wind!
Beelzebub scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Necen is knocked over by the wind!
Necen scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

* Ifor drops dead at your feet!

* Beelzebub drops dead at your feet!

So...... I dunno. I thought that went pretty well.

Pretty fast script there, but it's easy to nullify:

The Oblivion disk suddenly begins spinning end over end, dumping everything inside onto the ground.
>
You hear someone incanting a dark invocation...
>
The Oblivion disk suddenly begins spinning end over end before slowly bobbing to a halt.
>
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
The Oblivion disk suddenly begins spinning end over end before slowly bobbing to a halt.
>
>roll eye
>
You roll your eyes.

Deathravin
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM

While shattered may not have rules against spamming and the like, Lich does. I'd rather somebody not crash the server or even slow it down with flooding it like this. Please watch your abuse of ;lnet.

Monotonous
07-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Forgot one:

Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
*Madmountan got spam-chatted!
Wow. So you abuse Tillmen's bandwidth and lnet to spam people over pvp? You're the reason why he had to put a flood filter on private chat the other day. I'm sure he really appreciates it.

Fucking disgusting. Say what you will about the Marlus but I've never seen bullshit like this out of them.

Deathravin
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Wow. So you abuse Tillmen's bandwidth and lnet to spam people over pvp? You're the reason why he had to put a flood filter on private chat the other day. I'm sure he really appreciates it.

Fucking disgusting. Say what you will about the Marlus but I've never seen bullshit like this out of them.

/agree 100%
Do whatever you want to the game itself, that's on GMs. But Tillmen has single-handedly transformed GS into a game I really enjoy all without asking for a cent (making available a way for donations != asking), and all without complaining once.
Leave it alone please.

Bhaalizmo
07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
While shattered may not have rules against spamming and the like, Lich does. I'd rather somebody not crash the server or even slow it down with flooding it like this. Please watch your abuse of ;lnet.

It was a single chat message. Lengthy, but a single message. It is not abuse. It was not a looped script, etc. Just a single paragraph of the same phrase repeated 20ish times.

BriarFox
07-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Take three steps back, remove stick, and stop exaggerating. The first time I saw this bit was when Khariz posted it. From what Bhaal was saying, it was just one message. I hardly support abuse of lnet.

Deathravin
07-13-2010, 12:20 AM
It was a single chat message. Lengthy, but a single message. It is not abuse

If it was a single message, that'd be fine.
I don't know that. But on the surface, it does look like something you'd repeat.

Sean of the Thread
07-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Every shattered thread/post I read makes it sound that much more like a bunch of unicorns tongue punching fart boxes.

Bhaalizmo
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
If it was a single message, that'd be fine.
I don't know that. But on the surface, it does look like something you'd repeat.

I did repeat it, technically. 4 times. I sent it to Oblivion, Maldric, Calidus, and Madmountan. Once each.

Deathravin
07-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I'd just say keep in-game attacks off of lnet. Once you cross that line, people will escalate. Then next thing you know, LNet's down.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen flood protection in Lnet for a while. Maybe he tightened it up a bit, but I think it's been there.

Don't get me wrong, I probably send more data to LNet than the next 10 highest people combined... but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Khariz
07-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I did repeat it, technically. 4 times. I sent it to Oblivion, Maldric, Calidus, and Madmountan. Once each.

This time. It's normally uberspam shit. The only reason you don't do it anymore is you don't wanna get kicked off lich.

Monotonous
07-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Take three steps back, remove stick, and stop exaggerating. The first time I saw this bit was when Khariz posted it. From what Bhaal was saying, it was just one message. I hardly support abuse of lnet.

Talk with Tillmen. This is not at all the case. He had to put a flood filter on private chats because Mofuggah and Beelzebub were running scripts which would send hundreds of maximum-character length messages a second. There was an open discussion on lnet chat about it where they admitted to it, and I find it hard to believe that it wasn't bragged about in private circles as well.

BriarFox
07-13-2010, 01:01 AM
From what I've seen, Mof and Bee only whisper-spammed with the game server. If they were doing it on lnet, it sounds like it's over, but I'll ask them to stop it if I do see it.

Monotonous
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM
From what I've seen, Mof and Bee only whisper-spammed with the game server. If they were doing it on lnet, it sounds like it's over, but I'll ask them to stop it if I do see it.

The point is they're stopped now because Tillmen had to go out of his (unpaid) way to stop them. They owe him a donation if not an apology.

Rolton-Sammich
07-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Every shattered thread/post I read makes it sound that much more like a bunch of unicorns tongue punching fart boxes.
:yeahthat:

Cephalopod
07-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Ahh, the glory days of being Psinet-spammed by Tabor and tools like him.

calidus
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Mofu and Beelz have been both whisper-spamming and lnet spamming for days.

Despite how much [we/Marlu] and [you/Vanguard] love to hate and kill each other, I think this type of shit is just sad, and below us all.

Cephalopod
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Mofu and Beelz have been both whisper-spamming and lnet spamming for days.

Despite how much [we/Marlu] and [you/Vanguard] love to hate and kill each other, I think this type of shit is just sad, and below us all.

Careful up there...

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/i/2005/214/2/4/I__d_get_off_my_high_horse____by_Mellowmonkey1.jpg

Really, as funny as it is to watch calidus and Monotonous pretend to have the moral high ground here, spamming lnet is pretty crappy for all the reasons already given. I didn't need to post, I just wanted to include that picture.