PDA

View Full Version : White water rafting

Delias
07-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Anyone ever heard of this place: http://www.wildmanranch.com/ ?

I am trying to find something near enough to IL that I can get there and back in a couple of days as part of a slut-free bachelor party for my friends wedding. I know, I don't understand it either, but he doesn't want any strippers or whores. So, rafting sounds pretty fun. Anyone ever done it? All of my experiences with white water were accidental.

Kuyuk
07-12-2010, 07:20 AM
You need to bring a blow up doll then and put it in the raft too.

:)

Shon
07-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I raft fairly regularly. This place looks decent, though I've never personally been there. As you probably know, rivers are rated on their difficulty on a 1-5 scale. The place you linked offers Class IV rapids, so that's good. I'm not sure what part of Illinois you're from, but if you can get there, though, the Gauley River of West Virginia is without question the best in the East (~10 hours from Chicago). Rather than explain why this is, I'd say youtube some videos of the place. They speak for themselves. There's also pretty good night life in the area. Most of the whitewater companies have campgrounds and bars, with tons of young people hanging out all over the place. There are also cameramen stationed at all the most difficult spots in order to capture you falling overboard. You can buy a video of yourself afterwards for about $25. I went with Songer White Water, but as far as I could tell, there was little difference between the various companies.

Skeeter
07-12-2010, 08:04 AM
It's a bad sign if your buddy is already whipped.

AnticorRifling
07-12-2010, 08:34 AM
I would agree the Gauley kicks ass. I've been twice and can't wait for my boys to be a bit older so they can go.

WRoss
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
I lost you at "Wildman Whitewater". What was this about?