PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Armor Choices

Celexei
04-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Alright, so i'm plannin a bit in the future for my rogues armor choice...I know she's only seven trains now, and she still has her 0X fulls *ducks* I was gonna get her into some 3x doubles tonight, but i was told it wasn't worth it.....I donno...i have 4x Studded's sittin in a locker, but from the last character i had em on, they slowed me down alot, although that character was only 1xing in armor and i'm 2xing with my rogue...I know the goals to go for Brig. My questions are, what should i do for armor as of now, also, for the future after brig, should i train for chain or plate? I would imagine that there might be some sorta penalty for hiding in chain or plate, and the RPing of it all would be horrible. How would you like getting ambushed by a sneaking rogue in armor that sounds like a hardware store got a new shipment of nails....just doesn't make much sense. Also going 2x in armor training at what ages will i be able to train off the RT for the studded leathers, if i should go that way? All advice and help is much appreciatted

AnticorRifling
04-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Get some 4x doubles or studded leathers until you're trained for brig. You should be fine in those. The key to being a rogue is never being in the open long enough to let something swing at you, let alone hit you.

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 05:52 PM
24 ranks for studded leather. 102 bonus, 100 is needed.

Artha
04-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Don't bother training for chain or plate, they're going to hinder hiding soon anyway. Get to 40-45 ranks, then get into brig.

AnticorRifling
04-05-2004, 05:58 PM
What is the armor requirement for Brig is it 35 or 45 ranks? I'm talking to train off Rt and man hinderance.

Weedmage Princess
04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
45 ranks trains off hinderance even for your guild skills (though..I'm not sure how that's working these days since you can't see anything except the friggin end roll)

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:05 PM
so the goal is to just get some masterfully padded high enchant brig that'll take swings like plate huh?

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 06:07 PM
30 ranks for brig encumbrance, 45 for MAvA, although I'm not entirely sure it's a factor anymore with the hidden rolls, as Weedmage Princess said.

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:07 PM
also if i slap on a helm to studded leathers, doesn't it just become brig anyway? don't know what the hinderance of that would be.....but how many ranks does it take to train off the full hinderance of studded leathers, just so i can make my doubles or studs choice

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, a helm on studded becomes brig. Studded leather requires 24 ranks for encumbrance, 45 for MAvA.

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
so i might as well use the studs until i find some nice brig, cause hey same thing....kinda, does that helm add to the encumberance?

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 06:12 PM
The helm adds to your physical encumbrance just because you're wearing a helm and armor at the same time, but I don't think it has any other penalties.

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:14 PM
what other options are out there, something that at the time won't give as much encumberance heresay.....like can one go with a leather breastplate, add your greaves, and guards, maybe slap a helm on....or add helm and greaves to curb? what are we talkin for on that?

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
If you had a helm to leather breastplate, it acts as brigandine armor, yet you don't get coverage for limbs. You may also need neck armor, depending on the helm, but adding miscellaneous (sp) armor shouldn't be a problem as long as you can hold all of it and don't mind not having like any tattoos visible.

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:20 PM
well don't have any tats, and prolly wont with this one....but do the greaves and guards even do anything? the problem with holding em is nothing, but if its gonna slow me more down than the studded leather itself is then its kinda pointless....i'm just tryin to see all angles with this, pick whats best

Bobmuhthol
04-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Wearing leather breastplate, the DF remains constant, but crit divisors are different. Just breastplate, with no additional armor has the following crit divisors:

Head/Neck - 5
Torso - 7
Limbs - 5

You'd have to put on arm greaves, leg greaves, and a helm/aventail respectively, otherwise you'll be adding to your encumbrance and won't get the coverage you need.

Celexei
04-05-2004, 06:26 PM
hmmm, i think i'll just stick with doubles until i can get in those studds effectivly, sounds a bit less complex