PDA

View Full Version : Player Shops and Zul Logoth

Sthos
07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Can anyone confirm how often Player Shops updates Shops in Zul? I have one there and posted some new items weeks ago and the site does not yet show them.

Any info is appreciated.

Nilandia
07-11-2010, 11:16 AM
The Lich and Virilneus playershop listings are updated when someone runs the script for their character to go through the shops and collect the data for that town. If the shops haven't been updated, then no one's run the script in Zul Logoth.

The scripts are available on the Lich repository, however, so anyone who uses Lich can update the sites. Just download citizendata and citizendata_input.txt

Gretchen

Wrathbringer
07-12-2010, 05:32 PM
The Lich and Virilneus playershop listings are updated when someone runs the script for their character to go through the shops and collect the data for that town. If the shops haven't been updated, then no one's run the script in Zul Logoth.

The scripts are available on the Lich repository, however, so anyone who uses Lich can update the sites. Just download citizendata and citizendata_input.txt

Gretchen

Ah, I was also wondering what the deal was on Playershops 3.2. Same with Virilneus' site. It's like neither has been updated in a couple of weeks. Tried the Krakii shops site, and it either is broken or doesn't work at all in IE anymore. Is there another shops site I'm missing that might actually update regularly?

Nilandia
07-12-2010, 05:54 PM
You can check on the current status of which towns have been updated here (http://www.virilneus.com/shops/ftp/status.php). The script used to gather information uploads to both Lich and Virilneus' sites, though the Lich site updates throughout the day while Virilneus' site will update once a day.

You're correct in that some of the towns haven't been updated in quite a while. We used to have a small group of people who divided the towns up to run through each day, but slowly each of them stopped making runs. We'll need more people to step up and do the logging if the sites are to remain updated.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Does Playershops 3.2 have a page that shows the status like Virilneus'?

Edited to add:

| Shops counted: 9
| Interior rooms counted: 18
| Containers counted: 22
| Items counted: 156
| Starting upload to lichproject.org...
| Finished upload to lichproject.org (0:00:02)
| Saving XML file: Do not kill script!
| Starting upload to virilneus.com
| Uploading XML: Attempt number 1
| Finished upload to virilneus.com (0:00:08)
--- Lich: citizendata has exited.

Zul Logoth data has been sent.

Nilandia
07-12-2010, 06:58 PM
As I mentioned, the same script updates them both, so the data from Virilneus' status page would apply to the Lich page.

Gretchen

Sthos
07-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Zul got updated yesterday. Thank you for those lich users who put their time into this. It is appreciated.