PDA

View Full Version : Starting Shattered

Loagan
07-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Hey, I'm back, and now I'm in.

If I was going to start playing shattered using two accounts what would be the best combination of proffessions?

I was thinking I would be going with bard/wizard combo.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

GS4 Bard
07-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Bard/Ranger

Fortybox
07-09-2010, 02:20 AM
I'd maximize your access to spells. A wizard/cleric or empath is good or a wizard/ranger is nice too if you want melee action.

thecapm
07-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm assuming bard will be your main. (Good choice.) If you're going to have one and only one alt, you've got to consider an empath.

An empath has the easiest source of "risk-free" experience of any class. Lockpicking and raising give great experience but neither are as consistent and reliable as healing. Empaths also do very well in PvE and PvP as pures or weapon swingers.

If you have an effective script, being able to run to a pocket healer and back out during a hunt quickly will greatly reduce your chance at death while AFK and will also all but guarantee that you will never end a hunt for anything but a full mind.

Bard or ranger will almost certainly be the most powerful character class at cap and beyond; something to think about. I've got a serious case of bard/empath envy, as I play neither.

Loagan
07-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I played with the idea of the bard/empath combo, and I thought they would also work well together in a GoS situation.

I'm liking this idea.

Inspire
07-09-2010, 04:03 AM
I played with the idea of the bard/empath combo, and I thought they would also work well together in a GoS situation.

I'm liking this idea.

It's also easier to share mana between a bard and an empath.

Drinin
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm going paladin/wizard myself. Having elemental spells and a steady stream of 4x gear is nice.

faloon
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I've got Wizard/Empath seems great so far.

Tordane
07-09-2010, 12:02 PM
TWC/MOC Warrior/Polearm Bard/Pure Wizard
Pure Empath/Pure Cleric/Pure Sorc

These two trios have been great fun for me.

Makkah
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
TWC/MOC Warrior/Polearm Bard/Pure Wizard
Pure Empath/Pure Cleric/Pure Sorc

These two trios have been great fun for me.

How much do you spend a month on GS?

Tordane
07-09-2010, 12:17 PM
How much do you spend a month on GS?

Between wife and I.

2 platnium accounts = 80.
7 shattered accounts = 140.

So, 220.

Cheaper than when we played Platnium.

5 platnium accounts = 400 until price drop, then 250.

Fallen
07-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Between wife and I.

So, 220.

Now that's walking around money.

Tordane
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Now that's walking around money.

Meh, cheaper than most after work entertainment. Not that we don't do some of this too, but just saying...its really not too terrible. Its not like we are high school/college kids or something without income.

1 movie+dinner a week for a month = (30+50)*4=320
Happy Hour Drinks(for2) 4 times a week for a month = (30*4)*4=480
Bowling(for2) twice a week for a month = (40<lanes>+35<drinks>)*4=300
1 new xbox/ps3 game a week = 60*4=240

etc
etc

Monotonous
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Between wife and I.

So, 220.

Sweet baby Jesus.

Fortybox
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
We have Tordane to thank for keeping GS alive.

IorakeWarhammer
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
The new servers at Simu headquarters are actually named "The Mr. and Mrs. Tordane Center for Computation"

Tordane
07-09-2010, 04:41 PM
The new servers at Simu headquarters are actually named "The Mr. and Mrs. Tordane Center for Computation"

Heh, I'm sure there are those out there who have double or triple what we have between us. Probably some of your friends and you don't even know it.

Ryvicke
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Heh, I'm sure there are those out there who have double or triple what we have between us. Probably some of your friends and you don't even know it.

I had never really considered the possibility of someone having 9 accounts. Honestly. You're accidentally my mind if you tell me someone has 18.

AestheticDeath
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
When I was dealing in accounts, I never had more then 8 at a time. That was rare, normally no more then 4. A couple of my own, and a couple I was flipping.

Actually playing that many is crazy. Are two of the shattered accounts just extensions of the two plat accounts, or do you actually have nine?

And why 7 in shattered? Wouldn't two each be enough? Trying to have one of everything?

Tordane
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
When I was dealing in accounts, I never had more then 8 at a time. That was rare, normally no more then 4. A couple of my own, and a couple I was flipping.

Actually playing that many is crazy. Are two of the shattered accounts just extensions of the two plat accounts, or do you actually have nine?

And why 7 in shattered? Wouldn't two each be enough? Trying to have one of everything?

Really for me, shattered made me create/reactivate alot of accounts because I like the coding challenge. Getting teams of three to work together without any outside interference has been an awesome challenge. One team is in there low 40s, the second team is in the mid 30s. Wife doesn't enjoy scripting like I do, so she does her own thing pretty much.

Personally I have 1 platnium+shat and 5 prime+shat accounts, wife uses the other 3.

My next scripts are going to focus on creating an ordering system for forged/enchanted weapons so that players can order from inside the game. Other one is a rescue team script that will rescue those I specify with the cleric/empath/sorcerer team.

Uses for my Shattered Accounts:

Team 1:
Empath - Bitch Healer, Bounty Forger/Skinner, Locksmith
Cleric - Forger/Raiser/Chisms
Sorcerer - Power to kill for Empath/Clr team and looter(phase)

Team 2:
Warrior - CMan griefer(if needed), a fun melee class
Bard - Loresongs
Wizard - Enchanter