PDA

View Full Version : STAR TREK!

Betheny
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
DS9 marathon on Spike TV right now, from beginning to end they're playing all the episodes.

Yeah, DS9 isn't my favorite, but at least it isn't Voyager. That's what counts.

And, who can resist Chief O'Brien. I sure can't.

Snowman
04-05-2004, 12:55 PM
By the 4th season Ds9 was really starting to come into its own, and yea, Voyager sucked, but Jeri looked great in that uniform so ...uhhh, yea that uniform....

What were we talking about again?

D~

Betheny
04-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I only ever watched the first season of DS9. The second seemed to be pretty much a repeat of the first season. I heard it got much better after they fired the writers and hired new ones, so most of the series I haven't seen.

Voyager just plain sucked ass. I'm sorry, Kate Mulgrew sucks.

Enterprise was good, I haven't watched it in over a year though, so I have no idea what's going on with it. :( I do n't even know when its on anymore. I'm not used to having cable TV!

Snowman
04-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I only ever watched the first season of DS9. The second seemed to be pretty much a repeat of the first season. I heard it got much better after they fired the writers and hired new ones, so most of the series I haven't seen.

Voyager just plain sucked ass. I'm sorry, Kate Mulgrew sucks.

Enterprise was good, I haven't watched it in over a year though, so I have no idea what's going on with it. :( I do n't even know when its on anymore. I'm not used to having cable TV!

Eh, should we really be discussing Star Trek in public? We are opening ourselves up to much ridicule!

heh

Yes, DS9 got decidedly better after they aced the writers and started a war, nothing like a good war to liven things up!

As far as Kate Mulgrew goes......Her voice has that annoying pitch to it, its not quite low, and definately not high....drives me nuts.

Did I mention Jeri Ryan looked great in her body hugging uniform?

heh

D~

Betheny
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
You're afraid of being ridiculed for discussing Star Trek on a message board dedicated to a text-based roleplaying game?

Snowman
04-05-2004, 01:18 PM
You're afraid of being ridiculed for discussing Star Trek on a message board dedicated to a text-based roleplaying game?

lol, I hadn't thought of it that way, I see your point.

As far as Enterprise goes, its not bad, not overly good, but still not bad, Just sorta a rip off watching them fly around and getting there asses handed to them time and time again, they really need to give that ship a little extra Mmph....

D~

Latrinsorm
04-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Snowman
Just sorta a rip off watching them fly around and getting there asses handed to them time and time againAmerica metaphor alert. Which means we'll have a black president before a woman president, I guess.

Wezas
04-05-2004, 01:28 PM
I liked Quantum Leap

I liked TNG & to some extent Voyager

So Naturally I should like Voyager

I turned off Enterprise as soon as I heard the theme song. Star Trek shows aren't supposed to have vocals/lyrics.

Good shows don't have lyrics/vocals in their theme song. MacGyver being a perfect example of that.

<goes back to his cave>

Betheny
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
UPN chose the theme song, but the show content is still decent.

Wezas
04-05-2004, 01:42 PM
UPN chose the theme song, but the show content is still decent.

Maybe I'll give it a shot, is it still on the air? Or has Al sent him to another time?

Betheny
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
lol, I think he guested on an episode, but he wore so much makeup that you couldn't recognize him.

Galleazzo
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Hah, Babylon 5 was the best ever.

(hijack! hijack!)

Nakiro
04-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Dude, Enterprise was my all time favorite. I watched it every night before I went to bed during middle school, just so I had a reason to stay up from 10 - 11.

Yes voyager is retarded. The only good thing that came from that series was those machine guys that I can't remember. What're they called?

DS9 was okay, I guess. I didn't watch it with enough frequency to really get into the characterization.

Old school star trek is great too. Nothing like watchin' Spock!

Xcalibur
04-06-2004, 08:23 AM
ds9 was good cause of dax, but hey, they put her there for that reason surely!

Ds9 had a lot of great wars and they had many repercutions on the episodes after, great stuff indeed.

Many people that "hated" star trek was for that reason: too pacific...

Ambrosia
04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Am I the only one that hates Star Trek with a passion?

Nakiro
04-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Why would you hate it with a passion?

Betheny
04-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Because you're insane, that's why.

Xcalibur
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Because, as many, star trek is too "organized". Everyone is organized, even anarchist group are organized. War are ships with crews of 500 people against a ships of 500 people.

Because ship battles are bad. Because there's no joystick, only buttons.

Many because.

Betheny
04-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Star Trek pwns.

And all ye heathens who disagree can just STFU and go watch anime.

Xcalibur
04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
I adored ds9. But analyzating star trek neutraly, it does sux.

I repeat, it does sux.

There's so many many many paradoxes when you check an episode and that one, and that one.. ahh!

Bug bug bug bug bug bug

Dax is still sooooooooooooo cute.

Mint
04-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro

Yes voyager is retarded. The only good thing that came from that series was those machine guys that I can't remember. What're they called?

Borg? Those are from Next Generation I believe.

Betheny
04-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Borg are in almost all of the series, except the original.

And he did mean TNG...

Mint
04-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Borg are in almost all of the series, except the original.

And he did mean TNG...

They are in all except the original because TNG was the second Star Trek based series. Also known as: Diplomats in Space.

Nothing beats the original.

Atlanteax
04-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I really liked STNG, and did enjoy DS9.

I watched some Voyager, and was not interested in it enough to watch regularly (only if there was nothing better on).

After watching the first few episode of Enterprise, I decided that "it was lame" and then gave up on it. That intro song is horrible. I think it was the one thing that turned me off the most about the series.

Meanwhile, I would be surprised to find out that it's still on the air.

Also, it does seem like STNG was the best "Star Trek" of them all, which explains why the crew is constantly in new movies? As there seems to be a consensus among "Star Trek fans" in that regard?

Latrinsorm
04-06-2004, 02:30 PM
And all ye heathens who disagree can just STFU and go watch anime. I'll take Vash over Picard any day, thank you very much. And Witch Hunter Robin is way cuter than Dax, especially considering DAX IS A GUY.

Xcalibur
04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I'd be gay then, with that Dax:)

Meos
04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
The Movies with Kirk kicked ass.

Mint
04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Atlanteax

I watched some Voyager, and was not interested in it enough to watch regularly (only if there was nothing better on).

After watching the first few episode of Enterprise, I decided that "it was lame" and then gave up on it. That intro song is horrible. I think it was the one thing that turned me off the most about the series.

One good thing about Voyager in my opinion anyway is it had the best theme song of them all.

Pallon
04-06-2004, 06:06 PM
DS9 :thumbsup:
jolene blalock's mammaries :thumbsup:

Weedmage Princess
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ambrosia
Am I the only one that hates Star Trek with a passion?

Nope. I hate and despise Star Trek as well. You are not alone.

Hips
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM
I hate it too! It's boring. I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, and everyone knows Trekkies and SW geeks don't get along... :smilegrin:

Ambrosia
04-06-2004, 08:43 PM
I love Star Wars, so maybe that explains it.:bouncing:

Betheny
04-07-2004, 10:23 AM
I like both. /shrug

Myshel
04-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I liked both too. The original series is my favorite. It pains me now to see Capt. Kirk has become a joke, I was so in love with him in elementary school.

Betheny
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't think he's a joke, I just think he knows how to poke a good joke at himself. (William Shatner, meaning.)

Betheny
04-07-2004, 02:59 PM
It's on again today, too.

Man, this week just totally rocks.

Zeyrin
04-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn it Jim!!! I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!! (Bones)

or

We can't go any faster Capt'n, I'm givin' 'er all she's got!! (Scottie)

or

Fascinating. (Spock)

Any thing William Shattener overacted was funny as hell and yet cool at the same time. The classics rule. :socool:

Galleazzo
04-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Never mind that SNL episode where Shatner went off on Trekkie fandom. That was the best!

Betheny
04-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Shatner rules.

Patrick Stewart is hot for an old guy.