PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard vs Marlu

SpiffyJr
07-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Given the nature of Shattered I have a feeling it's going to be a battle of scripts. So, whose got the best scripter?

IorakeWarhammer
07-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Given the nature of Shattered I have a feeling it's going to be a battle of scripts. So, whose got the best scripter?

Cthulu got me in his script to auto bearhug me which is pretty neat.

Madmountan's script has him going to different hunting grounds each hunt so he's hard to find, which is pretty neat.

Of course they have a table where they go to spells before each hunt. They're coordinating a lot of their scripting.

Bhaalizmo
07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Cthulu, totally. He script licked Beelzebub's nuts so fast tonite, it was amazing. He was like the flash.

SpiffyJr
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Cthulu, totally. He script licked Beelzebub's nuts so fast tonite, it was amazing. He was like the flash.

Waiting for someone to enter and bear hug them isn't exactly an act of scripting godness.

Bhaalizmo
07-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Waiting for someone to enter and bear hug them isn't exactly an act of scripting godness.

Not at all. Scripted scrotal tongue bathing is pretty impressive though. I mean, at least to the washee.

RaneCV
07-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I expected some scripter drama in this thread! Where's the scripter drama?

Deathravin
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Your scripts are not the 1337 haxx0r. My scripts are the 1337 haxx0r.

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/screenshots/Screenshots%20Funstuff/HaxorPC.jpg

That's all the drama I can scrounge up.

SpiffyJr
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM

iknowrite?!?!

RaneCV
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Eh. The scripters are likely just too busy scripting to care about any of the external drama.

iknowrite?!?!

4 RLZ WTB DRAMA!!!!!1!11!

Celephais
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Yay! More threads about this!

Gemstone doesn't even allow for really intelligent scripts to be made around scripting, too much of the outcome is determined by first to act. You can do things like have your script determine tactics for an individual (Okay this guy always spelltanks, so get him in RT then dispell), but it'll still come down to shortest latency, since almost all combat comes down to getting them disabled/RT or outright kill as the first action.

If I had a script that flipped a disk and open voided every time it saw an opponent, I don't think you'd think I wrote some awesome script ... it's just a tactic that works.

SpiffyJr
07-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Yay! More threads about this!

Gemstone doesn't even allow for really intelligent scripts to be made around scripting, too much of the outcome is determined by first to act. You can do things like have your script determine tactics for an individual (Okay this guy always spelltanks, so get him in RT then dispell), but it'll still come down to shortest latency, since almost all combat comes down to getting them disabled/RT or outright kill as the first action.

If I had a script that flipped a disk and open voided every time it saw an opponent, I don't think you'd think I wrote some awesome script ... it's just a tactic that works.

I dunno... I think one could come up with some impressive stuff in a group fight situation.

Celephais
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I dunno... I think one could come up with some impressive stuff in a group fight situation.

I could see a group fight one being smart ... using what it knows about previous fights, knowing if it's worth unstunning a teammate, keeping track of RT/Stuns of opponents, and what kind of weakness they have (manuever, physical, cs etc).

But anything that's one on one is just latency.

RaneCV
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I couldn't agree more with all of this. I am definitely really eager to see what sort of things the scripters of the major groups come up with...

Of course, who knows what they already have.

Cephalopod
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Still waiting on the Most Elite Cybering Script.

Khariz
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I couldn't agree more with all of this. I am definitely really eager to see what sort of things the scripters of the major groups come up with...

Of course, who knows what they already have.

This. I think you would actually be pretty surprised. Not necessarily with the combat scripts but with everything else. It is really quite amazing what we have put together so far. Once the combat scripts are up to par with everything else, it will really be quite a sight to see

Toyalara
07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
thing for an Eliza bot to do, she could keep the guys happy in some room, but preferably not TSC. There are many creative minds in this game, so I'm sure someone could do such a cyber bot justice. Not that it would be a bad thing in TSC, since I have been waiting to witness an all-out no-holds-barred cyber session to be enacted there, but because a bot would get extremely boring to those sitting there day after day having to listen to the same responses over and over.