PDA

View Full Version : Brawling is the best?

Shari
04-05-2004, 02:06 AM
I've been pouring over posts on how to train a variety of professions and almost all of them have people training in brawling and combat maneuvers.

Most people I know and hunt with go that route as well. What I want to know is, is there some major benafit to doing this? I've never trained any of my characters in brawling because I didn't think the damage inflicted would be great enough.

Any explanation?

Kitsun
04-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Can't really speak for anyone else but personally, after YEARS with OHE use, I was thankful for the opportunity to throw it as far away as possible.

From what I've seen, brawling is generally compatible to training cost for OHE's and DF's are damn close enough to not matter.

Combined with the fact that falchions are no longer the be-all and end-all weapon of choice...

Plus with brawling you can have open handed parry DS.

Brawling with Voln Fu...

Brawling with open handed casting and channeling...

Those're some reasons off the top of my head.

Nieninque
04-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Brawling with Voln Fu!

You attempt to kick Teeoncy!
MB: 244 vs MB: 52 = 192 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 70, d100 roll: 61, modified: 253
and hits for 91 points of damage!
... +4 extra hits. Fluid move followed by a leaping kick to back!
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Weryn looks a bit pale.

>kick teeoYou attempt to kick Teeoncy!
MB: 244 vs MB: 27 = 217 -- Gain advantage!
Blinding speed! Moved behind opponent.
THT 70, d100 roll: 18, modified: 235
and hits for 82 points of damage!

* Teeoncy drops dead at your feet!

She was about 30 trains ahead of me at the time...its true, I think, that she didnt have her weapons out at the time, but even with them out her MB was around 90, I think, so she was headed the same way anyway.

Using it on undead is even better, as your attack is lower against living things than against dead things and things that dont usually stun, do with Voln fu.

Miss X
04-05-2004, 07:52 AM
:heart: Priceless. I'd have paid to see that. ;)

Latrinsorm
04-05-2004, 10:08 AM
The only reasons I'd do brawling would be for open handed casting defense (really only works for shield users), Voln-Fu, hurling, or if for some reason I wanted to be a Monk come November (2008).

Caipre
04-05-2004, 10:14 AM
OK, so do you need to train in brawling to use Voln Fu? If not does it help?

Nieninque
04-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Caipre
OK, so do you need to train in brawling to use Voln Fu? If not does it help?

Yeah you need brawling for voln fu.