PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what the heck this is!?

Toyalara
07-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Was just minding my own affairs... walking from here to there, when suddenly:

[go2]>northeast
An arctic titan gestures at you!
An arctic titan hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
AS: +185 vs DS: +185 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +9 = +46
A clean miss.
>
CS: +184 - TD: +145 + CvA: +17 + d100: +48 == +104
Warding failed!
Your orase runestaff is struck with an arctic titan's cast.
>
[Snowy Plains, Deep Freeze]
The severe cold is mind-numbing and the howling wind screams in your ears as you strain to see what direction you should take. Through the driving snow, you spy a towering rock formation to the south.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west
>
[Snowy Plains, White Ice Lake]
It is bitterly cold and no shelter can be found as you continue to follow the trail along the shoreline of the enormous lake. It has been a long while since you could feel your feet and you wonder if this torturous trek will ever end. There is a small path leading off to the southwest, away from the main trail.
Obvious paths: east, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>northwest
The snow-packed trail has led you to where the raging river feeds into White Ice Lake. The roiling water sends huge ice chunks crashing together, some skittering and sliding across the frozen lake.
Also here: Kallisti
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest
>
[go2: trying not to slip...]
A rippling stream of vacuum leaps from a gold-capped orase runestaff in your right hand.
... 20 points of damage!
Blood gushes from ears and nose!
You are stunned for 6 rounds!
!S>
Kallisti just trudged away moving southeast.
!S>
Without warning, the winds intensify, howling as they rush through the area. Snow and sleet ride violently upon them, raking across your face!
!S>
A rippling stream of vacuum leaps from a gold-capped orase runestaff in your right hand.
... 35 points of damage!
Bones in left arm shatter violently leaving behind a bloody stump!
!S>l
The snow-packed trail has led you to where the raging river feeds into White Ice Lake. The roiling water sends huge ice chunks crashing together, some skittering and sliding across the frozen lake.
!S>l
!S>
... 20 points of damage!
Blood gushes from ears and nose!

Any ideas? Was it an Oblivion thing, or did the titan cast something at me which was diverted to the runestaff, which then did... what you see above? I really have no idea what happened there. Would like to at least know what slew me! Thanks in advance!

Inspire
07-04-2010, 05:52 AM

IorakeWarhammer
07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
>
Warding failed!

this didnt give it away for ya? hehe

this is a mechanics folder post btw

HJFudge
07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Warding failed!

Was what did it.

Weaponfire. 915

Toyalara
07-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Yes, I saw what happened, but since I'd never seen it before, just wondered! Sorry for posting in the wrong place, Jaeden! Really thought maybe casters were sneaky enough to cast things from invisibility. Just wanted a scapegoat, but not a dam titan! Silly frozen things. No drama there! And this, of course, is the drama thread! Again, so sorry **backs out of the forum, whilst bowing repeatedly to Jaeden**

IorakeWarhammer
07-04-2010, 06:09 AM
nah its cool man lol im not a forum nazi. but you might encounter one :P

IorakeWarhammer
07-04-2010, 06:10 AM
they wiped the floor with me for less :P

B2
07-04-2010, 09:30 AM
You should highlight "is struck with" and know that you should put that thing in your disk as soon as you see it light up.

Hmm, I wonder what else I have in my highlights to warn me of impending, easily missed doom...

You should also highlight "throws his arms skyward!" and "throws her arms skyward!" which is the starting messaging for Meteor Swarm. If you see it, you should run.

You should highlight "A moulis sends one of its fibers slinking along your chest. Suddenly it begins to burrow into your chest cavity. Even while dead you can feel what would have been excruciating pain as the fiber moves around your insides. The fiber flips away from your body and retreats back into the moulis leaving only a small hole where it had entered." and if you see it, you should not let anyone raise you.

"comes to a stop pointing directly at you" A merchant's spinner picked you, hooray! I include this as a "protective" highlight because merchants get pissed if you miss it.

"You feel the touch of the hand leave your soul." You need to be kept!

"A searing wind of incredible heat blasts through the room as a strange dark crimson cloud slowly drifts overhead!" From my Greymist days. You better run!

"You realize with alarm that you are on fire!" I forget what this is from, but it made me LOL

"You sense you have just won a raffle for"

"suddenly appears in midair and falls to the ground." This is the messaging for those portkeys for alterations and prizes and crap.

"Your vultite katar is knocked to the ground!" change with your weapon or runestaff, but still important.

"You hear strange noises come from behind and to either side of you." You've been hit with Sounds (607) and that's why your DS sucks and your spells are failing.

"The droning noises scattered about you cause a lapse in your concentration, causing your spell to fail." You've been hit with Sounds (607) and that's why your DS sucks and your spells are failing.

"With a barely audible puff, a thick cloud of greyish-green spores billows forth from" Someone has tripped a spores trap. Run now and you won't get hurt. Wait around and breath in the spores, and you will be damaged.

"sticky web" There's an area web in the room! Run though carelessly and you might get stuck in it! Use fine opaline dust, 209, or something with fire to take care of the web.

What are your protective highlights?

Toyalara
07-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the extremely helpful advice on highlighting strings! So far, all I have custom highlights for are 2 names (in bright red): Madam and Oblivion :-) I'll take your advice happily to heart--truly, zero sarcasm--much appreciated! **stalks off muttering she wished she'd seen this thread before uberdeath and uberflasks and...figures the message is now complete** :thanx: