PDA

View Full Version : A parting gift

dgryphon
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
So, I've decided shattered really isn't my cup of tea. Paying for a game *I* never actually play, and dealing with that idiocy that is griefing doesn't seem to hold my attention long.

Argue all you want that people being dicks somehow adds to the game, it doesn't. You have the opportunity to take make the game interesting with crime syndicates, taking over entire towns, an open ticket to make the game better. Instead you choose to simply grief other people just to be annoying, simply because you don't really feel there are, or can be, any consequences.

As my parting gift to those that don't intentionally try to ruin other people's fun, an offer. If there is interest, I will build two scripts to release to the general population.

The first, a companion script for your favorite hunting script, let's call it PKer. If anyone on your list of people is found in your hunting group, it will temporarily pause your hunting script and attempt to kill that person with whatever your predetermined method of assassination is. If after attempting to kill the person it can't, then it will attempt to always avoid them the rest of the night while you go about your duties.

Second, a script I like to call the UniBomber. This script will be a hunting script for griefers and will be ran as part of your rest scripts - after you're fried. This script will go down a list of names attempting to locate/sym sight/familiar find/etc each person on that list. If the person is successfully located in a non-town room. The script will travel to that room and begin wandering around looking for them. If found then it will attempt to kill/dispel/disable (your choice) them. If they aren't found within a couple minutes, it will return you to your normal resting procedure. Basically, about every 15 minutes this script will attempt to kill/dispel/disable someone on your list. This script will also have an *anonymous* option. If this option is enabled then the script will use a glass amulet/916/or hiding stalking (if trained)/etc when it reaches the area they are in. Then, depending on your skillset it will attempt to open implode/meteor swarm/etc the area in any room they are not currently in while reinvis/hiding you so that they cannot ID your character - rogues will silent strike.

The goal is to simply make the game more annoying for them. I figure that if at least 20 people take up this script and run it against the most hated people in game that it'll basically result in the death of anyone on the list about every hour. That'd be about 80 attempts at killing at least 1 person on the list every hour, or about attempt every 45 seconds.

As far as the griefer groups getting and using the above scripts, they can, but they're going to try and get you anyway. This way you can actively fight back without any real risk to yourself or your advancement. If they die once an hour they'll be so far behind everyone in levels after a month that they will never catch up. It should also encourage people to try not to make it to the top of the most popular griefer list.

So, if it sounds like something you'd be interested in. Drop me an email at dgry@hotmail.com if there's enough interest then I'll finish working out the bugs and release it before my last day in shattered.

Kasvor

Spooky
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Sad to see you go. I hope this doesn't happen to more people.

Cthulu
07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
lol

Khariz
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM
The sad part about this post is that Kasvor was on our Do Not Kill list, at least as long as I've been a member. I think I feinted him my first day in the group, was immediately told NO, and I've never seen anyone in the Marlu group touch him once since.

Not really sure who exactly it was ruining his play time, unless within the last 24 hours he was taken of the no kill list for some reason.

Methais
07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Then, depending on your skillset it will attempt to open implode/meteor swarm/etc the area in any room they are not currently in while reinvis/hiding you so that they cannot ID your character - rogues will silent strike.

How does it keep you from killing yourself with Meteor Swarm? Or does it just show up, cast a few times around the area, then haul ass before you get pwned in the face by your own meteors?

HJFudge
07-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Hes on our DNK list ever since he rescued Calidus.

Dunno why he thinks hes being targeted? Its not by us.

SpiffyJr
07-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Hes on our DNK list ever since he rescued Calidus.

Dunno why he thinks hes being targeted? Its not by us.

Maybe he thinks you're a fucking tool bag and just wants to make your life hell.

Monotonous
07-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Neither of these scripts would have the kind of impact you want them to have.

Script idea #1 works just as well (if not better) for the gankers. They'd love to be able to kill anyone nearby while AFK hunting, and you'd provide them the tools. Brilliant!

Script idea #2 would be laughably easy to game. Put Mordechai out in Hill Giants wearing a red bonnet and crying, "HELP ME!". Every chump running the script would conveniently rush to his room to be slaughtered repeatedly by the other 6 members hiding nearby. Brilliant! A bonus for them is that the person they just killed was guaranteed to be fried and AFK.

it will attempt to open implode/meteor swarm/etc the area in any room they are not currently in while reinvis/hiding you so that they cannot ID your character
You'll certainly show Mordechai who's boss by making everyone's character murder everyone else in a hunting zone. You might as well ask Oblivion if you can copy and release his implode script for him.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 12:07 AM
These scripts are incredibly thought out - you should ABSOLUTELY create and release them!

Methais
07-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Script idea #1 works just as well (if not better) for the gankers. They'd love to be able to kill anyone nearby while AFK hunting, and you'd provide them the tools. Brilliant!

The difference is there a dozen or however many people in Mordechai's circle jerk gang, compared to potentially everyone else logged into Shattered at the time.

At least on paper, the numbers heavily favor everyone else, even if some of them are taken down.

Or...if someone is l33t like me, they'll just walk in and cast 435 and pwn everybody instantly.

You guys are lucky I'm too lazy to level up all over again.

nub
07-05-2010, 11:19 AM
The difference is there a dozen or however many people in Mordechai's circle jerk gang, compared to potentially everyone else logged into Shattered at the time.

At least on paper, the numbers heavily favor everyone else, even if some of them are taken down.

Or...if someone is l33t like me, they'll just walk in and cast 435 and pwn everybody instantly.

You guys are lucky I'm too lazy to level up all over again.

Then you're not as l33t as we had all hoped. /end independce day

nub
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
The sad part about this post is that Kasvor was on our Do Not Kill list, at least as long as I've been a member. I think I feinted him my first day in the group, was immediately told NO, and I've never seen anyone in the Marlu group touch him once since.

Not really sure who exactly it was ruining his play time, unless within the last 24 hours he was taken of the no kill list for some reason.

It's because of griefers he is leaving. That is at least 4 people that I know that you guys have made leave so far. Those are just people I know, (I don't know the OP but just adding him because it is obvious that I know he is leaving). I'm sure there are more. Looks like you guys still more people are leaving even though you didn't want that to happen.

I've rerolled a couple of times, and will probably end up quitting myself. It was actually a snowball affect. While you guys didn't directly lead to me leaving, the main reason I was having fun in shattered was because my friends were in it who I liked to have fun with, but they left (because of people like your clan), which means I will leave to.

Parkbandit
07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
It's because of griefers he is leaving. That is at least 4 people that I know that you guys have made leave so far. Those are just people I know, (I don't know the OP but just adding him because it is obvious that I know he is leaving). I'm sure there are more. Looks like you guys still more people are leaving even though you didn't want that to happen.

I've rerolled a couple of times, and will probably end up quitting myself. It was actually a snowball affect. While you guys didn't directly lead to me leaving, the main reason I was having fun in shattered was because my friends were in it who I liked to have fun with, but they left (because of people like your clan), which means I will leave to.

What were you expecting out of Shattered? Wasn't this exactly what you thought would be happening in this version of the game?

nub
07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
What were you expecting out of Shattered? Wasn't this exactly what you thought would be happening in this version of the game?

Me? You're talking to the wrong person. I did not say I was leaving because people were griefing me.

Drisco
07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I can't even think a reason why I am paying 20$ to let a script run on my computer. I don't play it even during the good hours cause I'd rather just let the script go and get me to a higher level. When I reach 100 (If I keep going, which I won't) and want to kill people, it's going to be a bunch of afk bots.

Caiylania
07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
That is truly what I didn't understand. Why people were paying to level up in a game where there is almost no real interaction because everyone is scripting and that is pretty much ALL they are doing.

But that is why I am glad shattered is there. I've had more interaction in Prime with a lower population since I came back than before I left since when I talk to people... omg they are THERE and double OMG they respond!

Total fabulossity.

JustDan
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Just gotta say... I've made friends in Shattered. Yeah, we're scripting, and most of the time it's AFK, but people are at their PCs watching their scripts, and interacting in other ways. I've got people I watch out for, clients for my warcamp service, and people I just annoy (and who annoy me) just for laughs. I have more interaction HERE than I did in Prime. Sure, there are lots of bots. But there's also a decent chunk of people who are kinda bored watching their scripts, and want to either talk about said scripts, or just bash each other. It's fun, and if there was a way to cancel my Prime accounts and have only Shattered, I would have done it a long time ago.

Drisco
07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Well in reality I usually only played for Psinet/Lnet and talked in that. Do people still use Psinet chat or is it all Lnet now?

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Just gotta say... I've made friends in Shattered. Yeah, we're scripting, and most of the time it's AFK, but people are at their PCs watching their scripts, and interacting in other ways. I've got people I watch out for, clients for my warcamp service, and people I just annoy (and who annoy me) just for laughs. I have more interaction HERE than I did in Prime. Sure, there are lots of bots. But there's also a decent chunk of people who are kinda bored watching their scripts, and want to either talk about said scripts, or just bash each other. It's fun, and if there was a way to cancel my Prime accounts and have only Shattered, I would have done it a long time ago.

Have to agree. There is more interaction in Shattered than in Prime if you want it. It's also a lot more realistic because Daddy Simutronics isn't moderating.

Bullshit.

Nobody quit Shattered because of griefers -- spare us the emotional waterworks.

Everyone knew what to expect in Shattered before it was released, and everyone knew they could easily escape it by moving to EN or RR.

nub
07-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Have to agree. There is more interaction in Shattered than in Prime if you want it. It's also a lot more realistic because Daddy Simutronics isn't moderating.

Bullshit.

Nobody quit Shattered because of griefers -- spare us the emotional waterworks.

Everyone knew what to expect in Shattered before it was released, and everyone knew they could easily escape it by moving to EN or RR.

Us?

I don't care if you think it's bullshit or not. That does not make it what you think it is. What I said is the truth, whether or not you like it. I am sorry every single one of your goddamn post is you pissed off.

Drisco
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
It's true. All your posts sound like you have a massive boulder in your asshole.

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't care if you think it's bullshit or not. That does not make it what you think it is. What I said is the truth, whether or not you like it. I am sorry every single one of your goddamn post is you pissed off.
I'm not pissed off. I'm just keeping it real. What about my post sounded angry?

I was just curious/commenting about people who read months of discussion leading up to Shattered, clicked through the eight CAPS-LOCK warnings required to start the subscription, then were shocked into quitting when someone attacked them? Why did they stay in Wehnimer's Landing when it was obvious that was the PvP hotspot?

Those are reasonable thoughts to have during a discussion about this. Forgive me for not blindly accepting everything everyone says without applying my God-given capacity for critical analysis.

Back
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Law vs. Chaos

A game starts up and there are no rules. Just chaos. Everyone joins knowing that there are no rules. Chaos ensues as was expected.

Then some no name nobody comes along from nowhere and decides that there needs to be law and starts imposing that idea on everyone else.

Now those of chaos have adopted their own laws to counter the laws of the law bringer. The law bringer meets out punishment in the fashion that those of chaos perpetrate.

It could be argued that chaos is the original intent and should be obeyed or allowed to run its course unrestricted. Adding laws is selfish in a way. Imposing a set of rules into a void. The rule makers say the rules are for everyone but there already were rules for everyone in the first place: no rules.

Neither side will prevail. The struggle is eternal. Both sides insist their view is the correct view and will lambast anyone who disagrees. Everyone caught in the middle will have to suffer as well.

JustDan
07-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Law vs. Chaos

A game starts up and there are no rules. Just chaos. Everyone joins knowing that there are no rules. Chaos ensues as was expected.

Then some no name nobody comes along from nowhere and decides that there needs to be law and starts imposing that idea on everyone else.

Now those of chaos have adopted their own laws to counter the laws of the law bringer. The law bringer meets out punishment in the fashion that those of chaos perpetrate.

It could be argued that chaos is the original intent and should be obeyed or allowed to run its course unrestricted. Adding laws is selfish in a way. Imposing a set of rules into a void. The rule makers say the rules are for everyone but there already were rules for everyone in the first place: no rules.

Neither side will prevail. The struggle is eternal. Both sides insist their view is the correct view and will lambast anyone who disagrees. Everyone caught in the middle will have to suffer as well.

Whoah... someone call Rada. We need a dick joke in here somewhere. This whole thing just graduated to "way too fucking deep for an online forum about an online text-based fantasy RPG".

Daniel
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Who are you?

nub
07-05-2010, 02:31 PM

I was just curious/commenting about people who read months of discussion leading up to Shattered, clicked through the eight CAPS-LOCK warnings required to start the subscription, then were shocked into quitting when someone attacked them? Why did they stay in Wehnimer's Landing when it was obvious that was the PvP hotspot?

Those are reasonable thoughts to have during a discussion about this. Forgive me for not blindly accepting everything everyone says without applying my God-given capacity for critical analysis.

No one is shocked. No one claimed being shocked or having been shocked. It was simple, they came in, they knew full and well what could happen, perhaps crossing fingers that griefers won't get to them, but they did. You're allowed to vent on it if you'd like. You're also allowed to call dicks/assholes dicks/assholes. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

Khariz
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Awesome post.

Law vs. Chaos

Drisco
07-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Tell me someone pictured the Chappelle Show skit of "When keepin it real goes wrong"

Daniel
07-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Tell me someone pictured the Chappelle Show skit of "When keepin it real goes wrong"

WU-TANG!!!!!

Rinualdo
07-05-2010, 03:02 PM
The problem is that people are breaking down shattered as a place with no rules, and then assume that everyone plays there because of the lack of rules.

It completely ignores those who wanted to play where you could start out on a level playing field as everyone else, in an economy that isn't already 15+ years old.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The problem is that people are breaking down shattered as a place with no rules, and then assume that everyone plays there because of the lack of rules.

It completely ignores those who wanted to play where you could start out on a level playing field as everyone else, in an economy that isn't already 15+ years old.

22 years old, actually.

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
No one is shocked. No one claimed being shocked or having been shocked. It was simple, they came in, they knew full and well what could happen, perhaps crossing fingers that griefers won't get to them, but they did. You're allowed to vent on it if you'd like. You're also allowed to call dicks/assholes dicks/assholes. Not sure why you have a problem with that.
Okay. I guess I'm just proactive about my well-being and for some reason thought everyone else was too. The food stamp mentality apparently pervades the Gemstone universe as well. When presented the choice of crossing their fingers and dying repeatedly, or taking 6 seconds to type ;go2 Elven Nations, they picked the former. Things are probably better off without them, given that attitude.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Okay. I guess I'm just proactive about my well-being and for some reason though everyone else was too. The food stamp mentality apparently pervades the Gemstone universe as well. When presented the choice of crossing their fingers and dying repeatedly, or taking 6 seconds to type ;go2 Elven Nations, they picked the former. Things are probably better off without them, given that attitude.

Haha, we still have yet to ever touch EN, TV, ect ect.

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Haha, we still have yet to ever touch EN, TV, ect ect.

Which is exactly my point. All of your bullshit is localized to the Landing. Anyone who wanted to avoid it could have EASILY avoided it without having to quit.

What's more likely is that they tried to participate in the PvP, failed pathetically, and then crawled back to Prime out of self-disgust. Blaming you dickbags for it was just an ego-protection maneuver.

nub
07-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Okay. I guess I'm just proactive about my well-being and for some reason thought everyone else was too. The food stamp mentality apparently pervades the Gemstone universe as well. When presented the choice of crossing their fingers and dying repeatedly, or taking 6 seconds to type ;go2 Elven Nations, they picked the former. Things are probably better off without them, given that attitude.

Exactly, their attitude was horrible. It is so great they aren't playing anymore. Things were pretty awful when they were playing, not so much now.

My friends I knew didn't bitch to anyone, they just left. They explained their reasoning to me, but that was it.

They also don't like the EN/TV or whatever. They enjoy the landing, they came back for the nostalgia of growing up in the landing at a low level. Or as others said, starting off at the low level with everyone else.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Bullshit. This is a bold faced lie. I have been killed in the EN by a member of your clan.

No one gives a fuck about you.

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
All the people that are saying "well you clicked the button" are assuming that Shattered was created solely for PvP. It wasn't. Go back and read all the posts on PC and the forums between the time Shattered was announced and released. A very large number of people were looking forward to just starting fresh. I hate the "you clicked the button" mentality. Just because *you* thought Shattered would be awesome because of PvP doesn't mean everyone does. Yes, you can PvP here, you are allowed to, and GM's don't stop you. But that does not mean, by any stretch, that the only reason people want to play Shattered is to PvP.

I know that Mordechai doesn't care about the player behind the character, he has made that very clear, a couple of the Marlu guys have said as much themselves. But, for those of you PvP fellas that do care, that do look at this as a video game and not as an avenue to make your penises appear larger, look at it this way. If someone is paying the same money that you are for a video game, but they are wanting to get something completely different out of it than you are, do you have the right to force them to play your way just because you can? PvP is *not* the reason we are all here. Wanting to start fresh is a very valid reason to play Shattered. There were people posting before Shattered started that it would be so cool to level up clerics and healers, because there would be a need for them and rescues would be valuable. Now, the rescuers are caught in the middle of a big drama thing, and they all went away. How many actual rescuers are there left? Kaedra?

AFK scripting is also a very valid reason to want to play Shattered. Wanting to play a different profession but not wanting to drag through all of the beginning levels was a big draw for a lot of people. Wanting to be able to have a real life, to work or go to school or be married or whatever you do, and still make some progress in a game that notoriously can take years to cap in, is something that people have been excited about since Shattered was announced.

All of you PvPers, you have every right to PvP. Knock yourselves out. There are enough of you, as evidenced already, that you can make 2 or however many factions you want to make, and PvP to your hearts content. And the non PvPers do expect to get killed sometimes, of course they do. It is being killed all the time, to the point where they cannot play the game in a way that they want to play it, that sucks.
This entire wall of text is completely invalid versus the "play somewhere other than the landing" argument.

Speaking for myself, being tied to EN is starting to get annoying. There is stuff in Icemule that I want to hunt, and not being able to because I might get griefed sucks.
You're AFK hunting. Why does it matter what your script is attacking to get experience? I'm sure the Marlu cult wants to hunt you, but not being able to because you're in EN is annoying for them. They aren't quitting the game and posting 3-page narratives over it though.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 03:51 PM
This entire wall of text is completely invalid versus the "play somewhere other than the landing" argument.

You're AFK hunting. Why does it matter what your script is attacking to get experience? I'm sure the Marlu cult wants to hunt you, but not being able to because you're in EN is annoying for them. They aren't quitting the game and posting 3-page narratives over it though.

Mono - He's blowing smoke up your ass with a BS argument. See Icemule treaty thread.

Back
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I don’t play Shattered and do not plan to. Not for any particular reason... I’ve played a “no rules afk script” game before and had fun. As an outside impartial observer its just interesting to me to see the inception and growth.

I will say though that were I the owner of this game and a small group of people caused more paying members to cancel their subscriptions I would shut you guys down faster than you could say nerf bat. Nothing personal. Just a business move.

nub
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM

Who said it was annoying for them? They never said that. They wouldn't quit because they aren't able to kill someone. In fact, I wish they would, it would make it more enjoyable for other people. By someone quitting who they want to kill makes it less enjoyable. Someone quitting that is doing the killnig makes it more enjoyable for everyone else. Unless you are just being stupid and making a dumb comparison knowing full well it was a stupid comparison.

Latrinsorm
07-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Nobody quit Shattered because of griefers -- spare us the emotional waterworks.As an impartial and extremely intelligent outside observer, I would like to say that you come across as the most emotionally invested party here (by far).
Everyone knew what to expect in Shattered before it was released, and everyone knew they could easily escape it by moving to EN or RR. ... Anyone who wanted to avoid it could have EASILY avoided it without having to quit.This is a strange point to insist upon, considering that members of the Marlu clan have stated multiple times that they have gone and will go to EN to grief if they feel like it.

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
This.

All the people that are saying "well you clicked the button" are assuming that Shattered was created solely for PvP. It wasn't. Go back and read all the posts on PC and the forums between the time Shattered was announced and released. A very large number of people were looking forward to just starting fresh. I hate the "you clicked the button" mentality. Just because *you* thought Shattered would be awesome because of PvP doesn't mean everyone does. Yes, you can PvP here, you are allowed to, and GM's don't stop you. But that does not mean, by any stretch, that the only reason people want to play Shattered is to PvP.

I know that Mordechai doesn't care about the player behind the character, he has made that very clear, a couple of the Marlu guys have said as much themselves. But, for those of you PvP fellas that do care, that do look at this as a video game and not as an avenue to make your penises appear larger, look at it this way. If someone is paying the same money that you are for a video game, but they are wanting to get something completely different out of it than you are, do you have the right to force them to play your way just because you can? PvP is *not* the reason we are all here. Wanting to start fresh is a very valid reason to play Shattered. There were people posting before Shattered started that it would be so cool to level up clerics and healers, because there would be a need for them and rescues would be valuable. Now, the rescuers are caught in the middle of a big drama thing, and they all went away. How many actual rescuers are there left? Kaedra?

AFK scripting is also a very valid reason to want to play Shattered. Wanting to play a different profession but not wanting to drag through all of the beginning levels was a big draw for a lot of people. Wanting to be able to have a real life, to work or go to school or be married or whatever you do, and still make some progress in a game that notoriously can take years to cap in, is something that people have been excited about since Shattered was announced.

All of you PvPers, you have every right to PvP. Knock yourselves out. There are enough of you, as evidenced already, that you can make 2 or however many factions you want to make, and PvP to your hearts content. And the non PvPers do expect to get killed sometimes, of course they do. It is being killed all the time, to the point where they cannot play the game in a way that they want to play it, that sucks. Speaking for myself, being tied to EN is starting to get annoying. There is stuff in Icemule that I want to hunt, and not being able to because I might get griefed sucks.

This is a complete load of horse shit.

You have (and chose to exercise) the option to go to EN. We killed you there ONCE. Have you, whilst at EN, been killed by us since? No.

So! You have a place, a whole set of leveling grounds, to go on your 'grief' free merry way and do whatever you like there.

Yet you bitch about not being able to go to the Landing/Icemule/Solhaven area and claim we are ruining the game for everyone because we dont let you do whatever you want? Interesting.

Have some people quit because they realized shattered isnt for them? Im sure they have. But doing a who full and seeing 198 in there (what was the highest? Highest I ever saw was 212 or something) tells me its not very much.

But quitting specifically because of us? Well I guess they may have, but that makes them That Guy...you know, the guy who, when losing at Halo, complains "My wrist hurts, my controller must be broken, dude thats a gay move..can you only win with that move?, omg I SHOT YOU FIRST I SAW IT THE COMPUTER IS CHEATING! etc etc etc."

Or the type of person who when they lose at a game, throws a fit and tosses things around in raaaaaage.

And that, my friends, is really the type of person a lot of you remind me of. Especially you BuzzO.

You all dont have to play our game. You can script and AFK it out to your hearts content. But if we see you, and you havent paid the fee? We will kill you. Simplest solution? Pay the fee.

Sean of the Thread
07-05-2010, 05:14 PM
You're such a complete faggot douchebag it's funny. No really it's funny.

Probably due to the deprivation of oxygen you experienced when your mother dropped her FUPA on your face and moaned.

To each their own.

RichardCranium
07-05-2010, 05:22 PM
lulz @ playing your game

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Considering that you are the person that I specifically named as not caring about the player behind the character at the beginning of my wall-of-text post, I have to say that you are the person that is most obviously going to come back with the "you pushed the button gtfo" comeback. And hey, there it is. Go figure.

And the "I have been killed in the EN" comment was in direct response to Calidus or Cthulu or whoever's post about having never touched the EN, and had nothing to do with this post.

And I would say that the vast majority of people that have quit have not thrown anything around in your hypothetical raaaaage. We never heard from them, they just quit. My posts are also not fits of raaaaaage. You are right, I do play in the EN, I am able to ignore you with relative ease. That doesn't mean that what you are doing isn't crap. I have never raged on these boards. Just because you are incapable of posting without getting emotionally invested doesn't mean all of us are. I have a healthy sense of proportion about this game and these boards. You are the one that can't seem to keep it seperate.

Saying something over and over again, doesnt make it more true. You rage, have raged, to me specifically, and are currently raging.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
No, I'm really not. I'm watching reruns of Whose Line Is It Anyway that I have dvr'd and running my virus scanner while I look at Facebook pictures of my new niece and occasionally refresh the PC page. No raging here. I think you are mistaking voicing my negative opinions about you and your "cult" for anger. No rage here, sorry. Even when I lose a PS3 game, which is actually pretty often because I suck at jumping onto stuff, I have never thrown a controller. Not everyone has anger issues.

And I think you are mistaking your interests as relevant.

IorakeWarhammer
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
don't worry buzzofthoughts, klewlew is mad at the world because Mordechai makes him wear the ballstrap in his mouth and bend over nightly for the Marlu clan

Khariz
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

100 percent agree. Anybody who has seen me post in politics and economics discussions will understand my take on Shattered as well,

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Everyone knew what to expect in Shattered before it was released, and everyone knew they could easily escape it by moving to EN or RR. ... Anyone who wanted to avoid it could have EASILY avoided it without having to quit.
.This is a strange point to insist upon, considering that members of the Marlu clan have stated multiple times that they have gone and will go to EN to grief if they feel like it.
They say a lot of stupid things. It comes down to pure laziness on their part. They are established in the landing and have their little PvP war going on there. I've never heard of them (edit: regularly) attacking anyone in EN, and if they did it was a one-off event.

I've yet to be bothered in EN by anyone, so how is my point "strange"? It's valid based on experience.

Latrinsorm
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
They say a lot of stupid things. It comes down to pure laziness on their part. They are established in the landing and have their little PvP war going on there. I've never heard of them (edit: regularly) attacking anyone in EN, and if they did it was a one-off event.

I've yet to be bothered in EN by anyone, so how is my point "strange"? It's valid based on experience.It's valid based on your experience. Others have had different experiences. To the degree that the griefers will continue to behave as they have behaved, others will continue to have different experiences. How many times do they have to kill someone in EN before it counts, in your mind?

Now, it is reasonable to insist that your behavior is imitable, but this goes back to the central point: there are some people who want to avoid the griefers entirely, no interaction (in game or on the boards) whatsoever. It has been repeatedly demonstrated that this is not obtainable, and it has been repeatedly confirmed by the statements of the griefers themselves. To claim that someone can not only obtain separation but obtain it easily, then, is strange.

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
It's valid based on your experience. Others have had different experiences. To the degree that the griefers will continue to behave as they have behaved, others will continue to have different experiences. How many times do they have to kill someone in EN before it counts, in your mind?

Now, it is reasonable to insist that your behavior is imitable, but this goes back to the central point: there are some people who want to avoid the griefers entirely, no interaction (in game or on the boards) whatsoever. It has been repeatedly demonstrated that this is not obtainable, and it has been repeatedly confirmed by the statements of the griefers themselves. To claim that someone can not only obtain separation but obtain it easily, then, is strange.

Demonstrated how? where? By what statements?

EN has had 1 death by our hands: Buzzo's character. one of them at least.

You wont find anyone else claiming to have died there by our hands.

Once again: Saying something doesnt make it suddenly True.

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I had to lol when I heard this. Are you kidding me? You killed me in the game for posting something you don't like on the boards! You are the absolute KING of not being able to keep IG and OOG seperated. One of your little culties has bragged about their desire and ability to affect the players, not just the characters. What a joke.

More raaaaage :P Forums count as IG

nub
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
More raaaaage :P Forums count as IG

They do? Explain please.

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
They do? Explain please.

A forum, about a game, discussing IG topics and IG actions...counts as IG. The off-topic folder, or in fact any non-shattered folder, does not.

Its not a hard concept.

AMUSED1
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
hahahahahaha, PC forums count as being IG? That's about the dumbest thing I've read throughout this thread.

AMUSED1
07-05-2010, 07:12 PM
In-game means actually LOGGED INTO THE GAME. How can you not separate being logged onto a FORUM NOT EVEN RUN BY SIMUTRONICS and being logged into the game's server?

nub
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
A forum, about a game, discussing IG topics and IG actions...counts as IG. The off-topic folder, or in fact any non-shattered folder, does not.

Its not a hard concept.

What about an instant message chat, between two people that get forwarded to someone else about IG topics (using GS Screennames), about IG actions?

Latrinsorm
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Demonstrated how? where? By what statements?

EN has had 1 death by our hands: Buzzo's character. one of them at least.

You wont find anyone else claiming to have died there by our hands.

Once again: Saying something doesnt make it suddenly True.These statements, for instance:
"Omrii approached me about this, and offered me a sizable sum to not go there for the month of July.

So yup! Dont wanna deal with us? Move there. Options people, Options!"

4 days later.

"We've killed a couple KOS folk up there."

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
These statements, for instance:
"Omrii approached me about this, and offered me a sizable sum to not go there for the month of July.

So yup! Dont wanna deal with us? Move there. Options people, Options!"

4 days later.

"We've killed a couple KOS folk up there."

Yeah did you read that treaty? Omrii and I agreed we could hunt our KOS folk up there. It wasnt breaking the treaty at all

HJFudge
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
What about an instant message chat, between two people that get forwarded to someone else about IG topics (using GS Screennames), about IG actions?

No just the forums pretty much.

IorakeWarhammer
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
how bout a parting STFU

Monotonous
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
It's valid based on your experience. Others have had different experiences. To the degree that the griefers will continue to behave as they have behaved, others will continue to have different experiences. How many times do they have to kill someone in EN before it counts, in your mind?
I'm really confused by this particular debate. You aren't validating your arguments -- you're just making them up randomly. I feel like I'm talking with my mother.

You're insisting that griefing is a major problem in EN when it simply isn't. WHO is having different experiences, and by WHOM? Your retorts are lacking in fact and rationality.

Huh?

When I don't want to interact with someone on the forums, I don't read or respond their posts.

When I didn't want to PvP with the people in the Landing, I went to EN where they do not exist.

Explain how what I've done is not obtainable?

RichardCranium
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/troydenh/1383171119_c83255308a_o.jpg

Bhaalizmo
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM

Wow. I was amazed the first time I saw that pic, and I am amazed to have stumbled upon it again. Such weirdness, and yet I like.

Latrinsorm
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
You're insisting that griefing is a major problem in EN when it simply isn't. WHO is having different experiences, and by WHOM? Your retorts are lacking in fact and rationality.This is not accurate. I am insisting that griefing has occurred in EN (which no one disagrees with), and I am further insisting that it is reasonable to infer that griefing will continue to occur in EN. It isn't relevant to the issue of avoidance if they've done it once or a hundred times. If you had said "there will probably be less griefing if you move to EN", then I would have not taken issue with your statement.
When I don't want to interact with someone on the forums, I don't read or respond their posts.

When I didn't want to PvP with the people in the Landing, I went to EN where they do not exist.

Explain how what I've done is not obtainable?Your methods have been imitated, but have not garnered the same results. This suggests that the salient factor is not the methods at all.

dgryphon
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
You go away for the weekend and all kinds of posts pop up.

Some responses.

-I wasn't attacked by any Marlu clan members.
-I didn't know I was on a "safe list" but I didn't exactly rescue Caldius. He asked for help on lnet one night, I wasn't busy. I don't keep up with jerks versus non-jerks so I responded and LK'd only to be boil earthed by the "good clan." Whatever...
-I got griefed mostly by specific individuals, and they'll be the first on my list of test subjects. Though, I've already repaid some of them in kind.
-My biggest issue with shattered is the fact that I never actually play it. It's scripting 24/7 or nothing. I knew PvP was an issue when I signed up. That being said, I do see an issue with griefing that has no apparent consequences. Right now, it's shooting fish in a barrel. Let's see how things go if you have to take a swim in the ocean.
-My scripts won't matter. Maybe, but if there wasn't concern about the idea of them being released to the general population this thread wouldn't have 1/10th the posts it currently does. I think the idea of being randomly attacked any and everywhere by someone you've pissed off makes people nervous, especially when they leave scripts running while they go about their day.
-Being a bad guy adds to the game. Again, maybe. If you're really adding something to the game then people won't go out of their way to grief you back. If you aren't just being an ass, people won't feel the need to add you to their list. If you've clearly defined rules of engagement, territories, etc then I think most people will accept that they can play by your rules and still enjoy the game. If you're just doing shit to piss players off, I think you're gonna rise to the top of people's lists fairly quickly.
-You can defeat the scripts! Yes, when a computer program faces off against a human, the human given enough time, thought, and resources will always win...but... you won't be at the computer 24/7 and these scripts are designed to cost you when you're afk.

Let me break it down for you.
- You get a nervous feeling when you turn on your scripts to go to bed at night - the scripts win.
-You have to spend your time at keyboard watching your hunting script to make sure it doesn't get derailed by a kamikaze bot - the scripts win. (not only are you not actively griefing other players, you're having to spend *your* time monitoring to catch up in the rat race.
- You spend time and energy working on counters to these scripts. - the scripts win (that's time you don't spend messing with other people)
- You come back dead - killed by a bot - win
- You come back delayed because a bot hurt you bad enough to make you leave the hunting ground - win
- You had to leave the hunting ground because your script detected uncontrolled aoe's - win
- You spend time posting on a forum about a script that hasn't been released yet - the scripts win (you're clearly bothered, it's that same concern you give your targets and the whole goal of these scripts was to simply turn the tables - mission accomplished, I could release them and not have a single person use them and they've have accomplished their goal, or I could trash the whole thing completely and have the same result)

Kasvor

Showal
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM

Some responses.

-I didn't know I was on a "safe list" but I didn't exactly rescue Caldius. He asked for help on lnet one night, I wasn't busy. I don't keep up with jerks versus non-jerks so I responded and LK'd only to be boil earthed by the "good clan." Whatever...
-I got griefed mostly by specific individuals, and they'll be the first on my list of test subjects. Though, I've already repaid some of them in kind.
-My biggest issue with shattered is the fact that I never actually play it. It's scripting 24/7 or nothing. I knew PvP was an issue when I signed up. That being said, I do see an issue with griefing that has no apparent consequences. Right now, it's shooting fish in a barrel. Let's see how things go if you have to take a swim in the ocean.
-My scripts won't matter. Maybe, but if there wasn't concern about the idea of them being released to the general population this thread wouldn't have 1/10th the posts it currently does. I think the idea of being randomly attacked any and everywhere by someone you've pissed off makes people nervous, especially when they leave scripts running while they go about their day.
-Being a bad guy adds to the game. Again, maybe. If you're really adding something to the game then people won't go out of their way to grief you back. If you aren't just being an ass, people won't feel the need to add you to their list. If you've clearly defined rules of engagement, territories, etc then I think most people will accept that they can play by your rules and still enjoy the game. If you're just doing shit to piss players off, I think you're gonna rise to the top of people's lists fairly quickly.
-You can defeat the scripts! Yes, when a computer program faces off against a human, the human given enough time, thought, and resources will always win...but... you won't be at the computer 24/7 and these scripts are designed to cost you when you're afk.

- You get a nervous feeling when you turn on your scripts to go to bed at night - the scripts win.
-You have to spend your time at keyboard watching your hunting script to make sure it doesn't get derailed by a kamikaze bot - the scripts win. (not only are you not actively griefing other players, you're having to spend *your* time monitoring to catch up in the rat race.
- You spend time and energy working on counters to these scripts. - the scripts win (that's time you don't spend messing with other people)
- You come back delayed because a bot hurt you bad enough to make you leave the hunting ground - win
- You had to leave the hunting ground because your script detected uncontrolled aoe's - win
- You spend time posting on a forum about a script that hasn't been released yet - the scripts win (you're clearly bothered, it's that same concern you give your targets and the whole goal of these scripts was to simply turn the tables - mission accomplished, I could release them and not have a single person use them and they've have accomplished their goal, or I could trash the whole thing completely and have the same result)

Kasvor

- Free anal for everyone!!!! TOTAL WIN!!

AnticorRifling
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM

Some responses.

Kasvor

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/MetroidBob/super-cool-story-bro.png

Monotonous
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
If you had said "there will probably be less griefing if you move to EN", then I would have not taken issue with your statement.
This is the most ridiculously pointless discussion I've ever been a party to. Nitpicking inconsequential semantics while ignoring context and meaning does not make for a winning conversation strategy. You have wasted my time and yours.

My point was that moving your character to EN will cause you to avoid the PvP war taking place in the Landing. I was as reasonably clear about it, but apparently that one-liner statement required multiple essays and debate with you to accomplish the overarching objective of.... [ ? ]

Cthulu
07-06-2010, 03:57 PM
This is the most ridiculously pointless discussion I've ever been a party to. Nitpicking inconsequential semantics while ignoring context and meaning does not make for a winning conversation strategy. You have wasted my time and yours.

My point was that moving your character to EN will cause you to avoid the PvP war taking place in the Landing. I was as reasonably clear about it, but apparently that one-liner statement required multiple essays and debate with you to accomplish the overarching objective of.... [ ? ]

If Latrine Storm is too fucking batshit stupid to understand - it isn't your problem.

At some point we are gauranteed to stomp through EN. But by and large it's too far away for us to bother with. Eventually enough people will hole up there and things will change. But for right now, EN should be relatively safe, and Ice Mule has a fucking treaty protecting it from us.

And before the dumb bitch you were talking to responds "BUT YOU'VE KILLED PEOPLE IN ICEMULE!!!!!" They were KOS, cunny. Read the treaty.

P.S. - If I came off a little mean I apologize, but you are splashing stupid on people and that makes me fairly ornery, latrine storm.

Showal
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Getting bullied off of shattered? Make a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMd2Yqq9bzk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMd2Yqq9bzk)

Show them what real mother fuckers do.

Showal
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
(I know it was posted elsewhere)

calidus
07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

Yep.

Kasvor stood up to an invisible Wizard that was camping my corpse weeks ago. He was told not to LK or drag me, and when he removed the flask he was boiled. He stood back up, LKed me, made a return threat to the wizard and took off.

Rinualdo
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
If Latrine Storm is too fucking batshit stupid to understand - it isn't your problem.

At some point we are gauranteed to stomp through EN. But by and large it's too far away for us to bother with. Eventually enough people will hole up there and things will change. But for right now, EN should be relatively safe, and Ice Mule has a fucking treaty protecting it from us.

And before the dumb bitch you were talking to responds "BUT YOU'VE KILLED PEOPLE IN ICEMULE!!!!!" They were KOS, cunny. Read the treaty.

Holy taking things personally, batman.

Cthulu
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Holy taking things personally, batman.

Hehehe ;p I'm trying to get something going

Makkah
07-06-2010, 11:30 PM

P.S. - If I came off a little mean I apologize, but you are splashing stupid on people and that makes me fairly ornery, latrine storm.

Pretty sure my n00b wasn't KOS when Oblivion randomly came upon me hunting and FI'd me twice. I had never interacted with any of you...

In conclusion,

Fuck yourselves.

Bhaalizmo
07-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure my n00b wasn't KOS when Oblivion randomly came upon me hunting and FI'd me twice. I had never interacted with any of you...

In conclusion,

Fuck yourselves.

Shit fuck hell damn shit fuck shit. FUCK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ptNeHrhuSc

Clipt
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I second the motion of fucking yourselves.

Khariz
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Sounds like collateral damage.

Clipt
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Too funny!

Bhaalizmo
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
nobody's foolin nobody as to where it goes
I'm sittin down here in the campfire light
with the ghost of Cthulu's toad

Drisco
07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Really guys? I am almost at level 15 and I haven't been killed once from PvP. Maybe you guys are slacking but I've been in landing hunting and haven't seen a log of me dying while afk scripting. Madam tried to hold my hand once but I was all like hell no biatch and cunt slapped her but that's about it.

Khariz
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Really guys? I am almost at level 15 and I haven't been killed once from PvP. Maybe you guys are slacking but I've been in landing hunting and haven't seen a log of me dying while afk scripting. Madam tried to hold my hand once but I was all like hell no biatch and cunt slapped her but that's about it.

You must have lost your damn mind. I've killed a character named Drisco twice myself. Unless that's someone else.

Granted you were probably under level 5 at the time.

Drisco
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
You must have lost your damn mind. I've killed a character named Drisco twice myself. Unless that's someone else.

Granted you were probably under level 5 at the time.

No Drisco is no more. I rerolled when everyone told me I was doing it wrong :(.

Khariz
07-07-2010, 08:09 AM
No Drisco is no more. I rerolled when everyone told me I was doing it wrong :(.

Oh...darn...well then you are probably right!

Cthulu
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM

[Roll result: 246 (open d100: 85) Bonus: 12]
You feint to the right, Drizzy buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
* Crosby just bit the dust!
R>
Griffin just arrived.
R>
You swing a polished dark vultite maul at Drizzy!
AS: +255 vs DS: +89 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +100 = +299
... and hit for 160 points of damage!
A mighty blow cleaves a swath through Drizzy's back, taking the spine with it.

* Drizzy drops dead at your feet!

The powerful look leaves Drizzy.
The dim aura fades from around Drizzy.
Drizzy appears less confident.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>

Showal
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
You feint to the right, Drizzy buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
R>
R>
Griffin just arrived.
R>

R>

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh261/norfin_photos/lookthiscool.jpg

Khariz
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh261/norfin_photos/lookthiscool.jpg

FYI, that was on topic.

Showal
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
FYI, that was on topic.

Oh ok. I thought the topic was about the scripts the OP wanted to release. I guess I didn't realize this was another "post your kill from shattered" thread.

Khariz
07-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh ok. I thought the topic was about the scripts the OP wanted to release. I guess I didn't realize this was another "post your kill from shattered" thread.

Sigh. It's called context. Drisco posted that he hadn't been killed yet. I said yes he had. He said, no I'm playing another character. Cthulu killed said character and posted it. You accused Cthulu of being off topic.

Was he off topic on the thread at large? Yes. Was he on topic of Drisco's derailment? Yes.

Showal
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Was he off topic on the thread at large? Yes. Was he on topic of Drisco's derailment? Yes.

Very important distinction to make!

Very important also to point out that there have not been enough threads about the totally awesome marlu clan/vanguard! Make more! OOOOOORRRRRRR hijack existing threads with this stuff!

Khariz
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Very important distinction to make!

Very important also to point out that there have not been enough threads about the totally awesome marlu clan/vanguard! Make more! OOOOOORRRRRRR hijack existing threads with this stuff!

Yep. Because that's not what this thread is about at all.

Showal
07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
R>
R>
Griffin just arrived.
R>

R>

I should have said this in regards to the post:

Whoa!!! Awesome! That kill shot was so unique!

I can't wait to see more kill shots like this! It's so cool that you guys are able to kill people in Gemstone! It's really hard to do that. I'm wicked impressed.

I sign on to PC and see a NEW thread about these so awesome kill logs every day!

Can you please post your training plan that has allowed you to develop a character with the potential to be one of the most powerful characters in game? Also, do you get exp when you kill characters, or are you just so awesome you don't need exp?

Showal
07-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Yep. Because that's not what this thread is about at all.

You're right. Sorry. I was replying to other posts.

Was I off topic at large? Yes. Was I on topic in regards to the kill log(s) just appearing everywhere in every thread and many threads becoming stupid arguments about what we agreed to when we signed up for shattered and a e-pissing contest? Yes.

Khariz
07-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I should have said this in regards to the post:

Whoa!!! Awesome! That kill shot was so unique!

I can't wait to see more kill shots like this! It's so cool that you guys are able to kill people in Gemstone! It's really hard to do that. I'm wicked impressed.

I sign on to PC and see a NEW thread about these so awesome kill logs every day!

Can you please post your training plan that has allowed you to develop a character with the potential to be one of the most powerful characters in game? Also, do you get exp when you kill characters, or are you just so awesome you don't need exp?

Methinks someone doesn't understand Shattered. Or Gemstone in general. Obviously its impossible to be earning EXP and killing players at the same time. I know it boggles the mind. Take some tylenol and take a nap. It'll feel better later. Don't strain yourself.

Showal
07-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Methinks someone doesn't understand Shattered. Or Gemstone in general. Obviously its impossible to be earning EXP and killing players at the same time. I know it boggles the mind. Take some tylenol and take a nap. It'll feel better later. Don't strain yourself.

http://zines.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/whoosh.jpg

Methinks you're right!! Methinks meneeds to take tylenol.

Cephalopod
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
If only there were a Wikipedia entry to clarify this for us...

Khariz
07-07-2010, 12:06 PM
You are in luck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_versus_player).

Fortybox
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Technically you can earn xp while killing players if you previously hunted beforehand. You know...technically speaking.

Khariz
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Technically you can earn xp while killing players if you previously hunted beforehand. You know...technically speaking.

Duh. That's my point. That's what I was saying.

RichardCranium
07-07-2010, 12:18 PM

No, you weren't.

Fortybox
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Well technically...no you weren't. You know, I'm just technically saying this for technicality.

Drisco
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
R>
R>
Griffin just arrived.
R>

R>

I'm confused what does this mean?

Khariz
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
No, you weren't.

Guess you guys missed the class on sarcasm and facetiousness.

Showal
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm confused what does this mean?

Methinks you don't understand Shattered, or Gemstone in general! Let me explain it to you.

Shattered is a 1991 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_in_film) Hitchcockian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock) neo-noir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-noir)/psychological thriller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_thriller) starring Tom Berenger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Berenger), Greta Scacchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Scacchi), Bob Hoskins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hoskins), Joanne Whalley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Whalley), Corbin Bernsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbin_Bernsen) and Scott Getlin. It was directed and written for the screen by Wolfgang Petersen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Petersen), based on the novel by Richard Neely.

Tom Berenger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Berenger) plays Dan Merrick, a man who at the film's start gets himself into a horrible car wreck off a mountain road. The impact causes brain damage for Merrick, which results in complete amnesia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia). After undergoing surgery to repair his disfigured face, Merrick tries to reintegrate back into his normal life. However, flashbacks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(psychological_phenomenon)) of events he can't remember keep popping into his mind and this leads him to a dark secret no one wants him to know. Filled with twists and turns, the film is reminiscent of the classic noir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir) films of the 40s. Its surprise revelation at the film's climax has given the film a cult status (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_film) amongst viewers.
It's later revealed that Judith Merrick was having an affair. When she and her lover got into a bad car accident, her lover's face was transformed so that he looked like her husband. In the mean time, her real husband was murdered...shot to death in front of her lover.

Generally, there are two things to understand about Gemstones.

A gemstone or gem (also called a precious or semi-precious stone, or jewel) is a piece of attractive mineral (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral), which—when cut and polished—is used to make jewelry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery) or other adornments.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemstone#cite_note-0) However certain rocks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_(geology)), (such as lapis lazuli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapis_lazuli)) and organic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_chemistry) materials (such as amber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber) or jet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_(lignite))) are not minerals, but are still used for jewelry, and are therefore often considered to be gemstones as well. Most gemstones are hard, but some soft minerals are used in jewelry because of their lustre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustre_(mineralogy)) or other physical properties that have aesthetic value. Rarity is another characteristic that lends value to a gemstone.

More specifically, however, GemStone IV is a multiplayer text-based online role-playing game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_role-playing_game) (often known as a MUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD)) produced by Simutronics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simutronics). Players control characters in a High Fantasy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fantasy) game world named "Elanthia". The first playable version of the game was known as GemStone II and was launched in April 1988 on GEnie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEnie). It was one of the first MMORPGs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG) and is one of the longest running online (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet) games still active. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GemStone_IV#cite_note-0) Access to the game is subscription-based (monthly fee) through its website, with two additional subscriptions levels available, "Premium" and "Platinum".

Khariz
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Good job tying most of the topics in this thread together in one post.

Methinks you don't understand Shattered, or Gemstone in general! Let me explain it to you.

Shattered is a 1991 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_in_film) Hitchcockian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock) neo-noir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-noir)/psychological thriller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_thriller) starring Tom Berenger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Berenger), Greta Scacchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Scacchi), Bob Hoskins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hoskins), Joanne Whalley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Whalley), Corbin Bernsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbin_Bernsen) and Scott Getlin. It was directed and written for the screen by Wolfgang Petersen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Petersen), based on the novel by Richard Neely.

Tom Berenger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Berenger) plays Dan Merrick, a man who at the film's start gets himself into a horrible car wreck off a mountain road. The impact causes brain damage for Merrick, which results in complete amnesia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia). After undergoing surgery to repair his disfigured face, Merrick tries to reintegrate back into his normal life. However, flashbacks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(psychological_phenomenon)) of events he can't remember keep popping into his mind and this leads him to a dark secret no one wants him to know. Filled with twists and turns, the film is reminiscent of the classic noir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir) films of the 40s. Its surprise revelation at the film's climax has given the film a cult status (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_film) amongst viewers.
It's later revealed that Judith Merrick was having an affair. When she and her lover got into a bad car accident, her lover's face was transformed so that he looked like her husband. In the mean time, her real husband was murdered...shot to death in front of her lover.

Generally, there are two things to understand about Gemstones.

A gemstone or gem (also called a precious or semi-precious stone, or jewel) is a piece of attractive mineral (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral), which—when cut and polished—is used to make jewelry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery) or other adornments.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemstone#cite_note-0) However certain rocks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_(geology)), (such as lapis lazuli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapis_lazuli)) and organic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_chemistry) materials (such as amber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber) or jet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_(lignite))) are not minerals, but are still used for jewelry, and are therefore often considered to be gemstones as well. Most gemstones are hard, but some soft minerals are used in jewelry because of their lustre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustre_(mineralogy)) or other physical properties that have aesthetic value. Rarity is another characteristic that lends value to a gemstone.

More specifically, however, GemStone IV is a multiplayer text-based online role-playing game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_role-playing_game) (often known as a MUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD)) produced by Simutronics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simutronics). Players control characters in a High Fantasy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fantasy) game world named "Elanthia". The first playable version of the game was known as GemStone II and was launched in April 1988 on GEnie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEnie). It was one of the first MMORPGs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG) and is one of the longest running online (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet) games still active. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GemStone_IV#cite_note-0) Access to the game is subscription-based (monthly fee) through its website, with two additional subscriptions levels available, "Premium" and "Platinum".

Bhaalizmo
07-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Deez nuts.

Showal
07-07-2010, 12:59 PM

Thanks. You were just wikipedia'rolled.

On topic, since this is the interesting kill logs thread:

this is me using berserk on a lesser orc, I know I'm suppose to train in berserk when I get to the guild because they give it to you without using cman points, I'll unlearn, it's just something to keep me alive. heh

Everything around you turns red as you work yourself into a berserker's rage!
>
You swing a half-crescent ora battle axe at a lesser burrow orc!
AS: +106 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +97 = +199
... and hit for 87 points of damage!
Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending right leg flying.
A lesser burrow orc moans and drops to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!
The lights in a lesser burrow orc's eyes dim and finally go out.
>
You spin around looking for something to attack!

Finding no target for your rage, you let out a horrendous scream of frustration!

The redness fades from the world and you begin to breathe harder.
>pant
You pant.
>cackle
You cackle!

I found that interesting too.

Want more advice on how to properly train your character??

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=49932&highlight=selling+account

Drisco
07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Deez nuts.

So you were the Asshat who neg repped me and didn't leave a sig. Like who doesn't leave a sig? I see how it is now.

Fortybox
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Laff

Bhaalizmo
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
So you were the Asshat who neg repped me and didn't leave a sig. Like who doesn't leave a sig? I see how it is now.

I also pos repped you.

oh, and.

deez nuts

Showal
07-07-2010, 02:13 PM

http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifA parting gift (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1130865#post1130865)07-07-2010 01:45 PMIronic that you're the only one off-topic here dipshit. Stop derailing.

It's ok. It happened to me too.

Some people are good at PvP, others are bad at going off-topic. Not everyone can be so skillful.

Showal
07-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Here are some screen shots of Gemstone IV:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/GemstoneIV_Wizard_Screenshot.jpg/754px-GemstoneIV_Wizard_Screenshot.jpg

Here's one at the SKULL TEMPLE!!

http://img.youtube.com/vi/5k7gscKTVuc/0.jpg

Here are some pictures of things in gemstone, but you will not actually see in game (outside of your imagination and, also, now in the forums - which some consider to also be in game).

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/152/m_90a2cc4326f649289bfaa3d0aeacec43.jpg
http://www.play.net/images/gs4/press/GemStone_Contractors.jpg

Fortybox
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.play.net/images/gs4/press/GemStone_Contractors.jpg

It's official. Playing GSIV makes you fat.

thecapm
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
It's official. Playing GSIV makes you fat.

Or being fat makes you play GSIV?

IorakeWarhammer
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
im well-toned and tan and i've played obsessively this summer..

Fortybox
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Or being fat makes you play GSIV?

No, that's just what fat people say.

townkiller
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
im well-toned and tan and i've played obsessively this summer..

Your wife also got a rocking tan too.

IorakeWarhammer
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
shes Paki man

Bhaalizmo
07-07-2010, 11:31 PM

I've always wondered about where the hell this pic comes from. Is it a movie or just some weird Japaneze photo shoot? So weird, and oddly, disturbingly, sorta hot.