PDA

View Full Version : Small treaty for Ice Mule

Omrii
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Notice for any who care. Mordechai and I have come to an arrangement. For the month of July, Ice Mule will be a safe haven for those who wish to come. Anywhere on the Glacier (2571) on through Ice Mule will be free of thier raids. This agreement will be revisited on 08/01.

Notes:

1. If you are currently listed as KOS to his membership, there will be no saftey for you.
2. If you assist in battle against Mordechai and his membership hunting someone they have marked 'KOS' you will be on your own.

There is nothing written in blood or stone for this agreement.

--Omrii

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Just adding a "Yes this is true" here.

Omrii approached me about this, and offered me a sizable sum to not go there for the month of July.

So yup! Dont wanna deal with us? Move there. Options people, Options!

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
But you'll have to come out sometime. And we can smell your fear.

oneillseanm
06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Gay.

cizzymac
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
There is nothing written in blood or stone for this agreement.

--Omrii

In other words, this entire "agreement" is completely and utterly useless.

Fortybox
06-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Am I on the KOS list?

Bhaalizmo
06-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Yeah post the KOS list plox. I want to teabag it.

Omrii
06-30-2010, 01:45 AM

CizzyMac,

Say what you will, but I am confident that Ice Mule will remain realitively peaceful for the month of July. Hopefully, those that do not with to participate in the conflict will benefit and not choose to move off to the Elven Nations or back to Prime. If I'm proven wrong, then atleast I can say I tried.

--Omrii

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 02:54 AM

I dont understand how you'd say that.

Its in our best interest to keep the agreement, as we want to continue to be paid to 'protect' icemule.

Its bad business to break deals we make.

If you feel one of us DOES kill you there...let me know. If yer not on our KOS list or hadnt just attacked us, we'll pay yer Potions.

Drew
06-30-2010, 03:32 AM
I dont understand how you'd say that.

Its in our best interest to keep the agreement, as we want to continue to be paid to 'protect' icemule.

Its bad business to break deals we make.

If you feel one of us DOES kill you there...let me know. If yer not on our KOS list or hadnt just attacked us, we'll pay yer Potions.

Who is the downs patient with the flobee haircut in your avatar?

Celephais
06-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Who is the downs patient with the flobee haircut in your avatar?

Every time I see that picture I can't help but think someone has already done this to the girl on the left:
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/GuinnessKMF2/Scary.png

Fortybox
06-30-2010, 09:36 AM
The girl on the right in the new picture is hawt

SpiffyJr
06-30-2010, 09:51 AM

I concur. The girl in the middle isn't, however.

calidus
07-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I think I missed a vote somewhere...

nub
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM

You're joking right?

And on that note I better get to work, be back in about 11 hours

Fortybox
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
You're joking right?

And on that note I better get to work, be back in about 11 hours

Five o'clock shadows are awesome on women!

nub
07-01-2010, 07:39 PM

lol wow, didn't notice you said "new", didn't even notice what celeface did there... lmao.

IorakeWarhammer
07-01-2010, 10:34 PM
yeah thats a total celefacepalm to mordie hehe

Gnomon
07-02-2010, 04:54 AM
I think we can say the treaty is ...

Oblivion gestures.
Oblivion casts into the air above his head and a rip appears in the sky! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!

void.

HJFudge
07-02-2010, 04:58 AM
I think we can say the treaty is ...

Oblivion gestures.
Oblivion casts into the air above his head and a rip appears in the sky! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!

void.

Oblivion isnt with us. He goes hunting with us sometimes, but is not a group member.

I cannot control what he does or does not do.

Gilralyn
07-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Heh.. it's void. Mordechai killed me in the Icemule region unprovoked. Oblivion also killed me. I was AFK both times. That's twice he's killed me with no retaliation on my part, so he and all his crew (plus Oblivion) are now on my insta-kill list.

Gnomon
07-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Heh.. it's void. Mordechai killed me in the Icemule region unprovoked. Oblivion also killed me. I was AFK both times. That's twice he's killed me with no retaliation on my part, so he and all his crew (plus Oblivion) are now on my insta-kill list.

You did bill him for the potions? He did promise to pay for them.

SpiffyJr
07-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Oblivion isnt with us. He goes hunting with us sometimes, but is not a group member.

Liar.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 08:30 AM

In Madmountan's logs, Oblivion is observed focus imploding an orc that just picked up someone's lance, and participating in other ganking.

Can you clarify this comment, Mr. Mordie?

Some Rogue
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I don't know why anyone believes anything they say at this point. They've been proven to lie constantly.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Who even cares what they say. Just own them.. the more they brag and act big the more hilarious it is when their entire squad bites the dust one after another and the whole perception of their dominance comes crashing down.

Khariz
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
In Madmountan's logs, Oblivion is observed focus imploding an orc that just picked up someone's lance, and participating in other ganking.

Can you clarify this comment, Mr. Mordie?

You quoted Mord saying that Oblivion comes with us on hunts sometimes. Not sure what more you want? He meant people hunts.

Liagala
07-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Heh.. it's void. Mordechai killed me in the Icemule region unprovoked.
You can claim that Oblivion just goes on hunts with you sometimes, but how do you explain this one? Are you not part of your own group? Are you not subject to your own control? Treaty voided, on the first day. I have to admit, I'm surprised. I thought it would take at least a few days before you went back on your word.

Omrii
07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I'll ask Mordechai about this when I get home later. However, unless they start camping at an Ice Mule gate? I'm really not that concerned. If you can't handle the occational random death, move on. If it all turns out to be a waste of coin, eh, so be it.

--Omrii

Khariz
07-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll ask Mordechai about this when I get home later. However, unless they start camping at an Ice Mule gate? I'm really not that concerned. If you can't handle the occational random death, move on. If it all turns out to be a waste of coin, eh, so be it.

--Omrii

Mord still intends to kill people he has deemed as kill on sight, regardless of region or treaty. I'm not sure if the above person meets that criteria or not. But yeah, either way, we have not camped the icemule gates, and the only reason we haven't is the treaty.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
well it IS hard to control people on a PvP server. but really the treaty was a bad idea, I see these guys just taking the coin and then lying just to extort the money. who even cares, the silver is only useful for buying 4x gear deaths sting potions anyway. just bring in those higher level powerhouses and make mincemeat with these guys. what's suprising to me is that this hasn't already happened.

Fallen
07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
well it IS hard to control people on a PvP server. but really the treaty was a bad idea, I see these guys just taking the coin and then lying just to extort the money. who even cares, the silver is only useful for buying 4x gear deaths sting potions anyway. just bring in those higher level powerhouses and make mincemeat with these guys. what's suprising to me is that this hasn't already happened.

The higher level powerhouses are that way because they avoid all the drama and just script.

faloon
07-02-2010, 10:47 AM
The higher level powerhouses are that way because they avoid all the drama and just script.

EXACTLY!

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM
right. smart. but, ultimately, they may soon feel the pinch as well. or vice versa. unfortunately I got sucked into this because I sucked at scripting, knew nothing about lich, and was forced to hunt in Wehnimer's with a regular SF script. so they killed me a bunch of times and pissed me off. that, coupled with their general asshattery, motivated me to realign my priorities and make owning them just as important as advancing.

Urinal Poops
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
>'ll ask Mordechai about this when I get home later. However, unless they start camping at an Ice Mule gate? I'm really not that concerned. If you can't handle the occational random death, move on. If it all turns out to be a waste of coin, eh, so be it.

--Omrii

You are as big of a douche as Mordechai for trying to reason with him. You actually gave him money? Grats, you're the savior of Icemule! NOT! Now you're on my kill on sight list for contributing to his behavior. It's shitheads like you that fuel this fire.

We do not negotiate with terrorists.

Liagala
07-02-2010, 03:14 PM
And to those denying Oblivion's membership in the clan - you better talk to him. I had a conversation with him via lich chat this morning, and he seems pretty convinced that he's a member.

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Grats, you're the savior of Icemule! NOT! Now you're on my kill on sight list for contributing to his behavior.

This. Everyone needs to do this.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 03:22 PM
let's hear Omrii's side of the story and see how the next few days pan out. they may very well honor it but really who knows. they all hang out in wehnimer anyway so who cares. one easy gank: hide in one of the slippery rooms on the trail and when they walk in, either they're gonna sit there or fall so just blast em while their go2 is paused :)

Monotonous
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
And to those denying Oblivion's membership in the clan - you better talk to him. I had a conversation with him via lich chat this morning, and he seems pretty convinced that he's a member.

I talked with him today too because he tried to implode me for no reason. Sounds like he wasn't a member before but is now. He was also pretty convincing about not being the curse guy which seems a little odd. You'd think he would claim it now.

I still think posting that list was premature. It hasn't appeared to improve things at all, and maybe made them a bit worse.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 03:25 PM
denial is their game, but logs are proving otherwise. like, if i said i'm not a retard, would you believe me? there ya go.

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I still think posting that list was premature.

I'm going to agree. The intention was intimidation but it's hard to be intimidated when the names you see don't match your own. You can only really hope that the situation doesn't spiral further out of control. Well, much further out of control.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm going to agree. The intention was intimidation but it's hard to be intimidated when the names you see don't match your own. You can only really hope that the situation doesn't spiral further out of control. Well, much further out of control.

they are getting owned its just a matter of getting a good team together to keep them griefed long enough they cry uncle. the pressure just isn't strong enough. i had the whole Marlu clan swarming the town looking for me yesterday after I racked up 4 kills in 30 minutes. IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 03:38 PM
they are getting owned its just a matter of getting a good team together to keep them griefed long enough they cry uncle. the pressure just isn't strong enough. i had the whole Marlu clan swarming the town looking for me yesterday after I racked up 4 kills in 30 minutes. IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Didn't say anything on that. I'm talking about the list and it's (once possible) intended affect.

Monotonous
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
denial is their game, but logs are proving otherwise. like, if i said i'm not a retard, would you believe me? there ya go.

He wasn't really denying anything. He was actually pretty talkative about it all but adamant that he didn't drop cursed stuff. Dropping implodes all over the game is a bit of a step up from that.

There was some good circumstantial evidence but not really much proof of him doing it.

Anyway that's pretty much beyond the point now. I can't help but feel posting that list created a couple more disruptive players.

Monotonous
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
That works for the likes of Calidus and Cthulu who are hunting and interacting, but Oblivion isn't really playing the game. He appears to be literally just afk imploding without doing anything else.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 03:54 PM
i wonder what happens when one of his friends walks past a void.. heh. seems like a good idea for griefing purposes but voids don't discriminate..

Khariz
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
i wonder what happens when one of his friends walks past a void.. heh. seems like a good idea for griefing purposes but voids don't discriminate..

I've gotten hit by him voiding, hehe. The other night we were in Zombies, and he came running through and voided, and it hit us all. That's about when we suggested he try grouping WITH us.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a blast. Er.. an inverted blast.. well ya know what I mean!!!

Omrii
07-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Urinal Poops & Ribbon:

If an attempt to help the situation for folks other than myself is grounds enough for you to choose to murder me on sight. I won't argue, Omrii is in the Landing. If not already dead, he's currently scripting and rests at the Garden Niche (318). Grimgul is in Ice Mule hunting Ice Trolls and rests in town center (2300). I won't be home for another three hours, unless the crazy boss cuts me loose early.

--Omrii

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh, I wasn't going to kill you. Kinda impossible to do that when I don't even have an account. But it's rather ridiculous to say 'Here's all this money. Leave Landing alone or you'll have more noobs to kill and nobody to really answer to.' Not to mention you're just giving him a green light to expand his territory.

Some Rogue
07-02-2010, 04:20 PM

Haha, he was swearing up and down around noon that he never was and everyone drove him to walking around open imploding not because anyone actually killed him but we associated him with the clan.

Sounds like he's playing Calidus' game. Deny deny deny.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Ribbons;1128800] Kinda impossible to do that when I don't even have an account. QUOTE]

do you play Prime? or DR?

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
do you play Prime? or DR?

Neither, yet to 'step' in game.

HJFudge
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
We've killed a couple KOS folk up there.

Oblivion, once again, is not a Clan Member.

Much like Katze, he's an ally we work with on occasion now that everyone else has turned against him.

But he is not a member, thus, not part of the contract.

cizzymac
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
*reads thread*

Called this shit in post #5 on this thread. Only July 2 and there's already a bunch of bullfuck going down.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
"Neither, yet to 'step' in game." ~ Ribbons

No comment from the peanut factory.

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
"Neither, yet to 'step' in game." ~ Ribbons

No comment from the peanut factory.

I never hid or attempted to convince people otherwise.

Urinal Poops
07-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Urinal Poops & Ribbon:

If an attempt to help the situation for folks other than myself is grounds enough for you to choose to murder me on sight. I won't argue, Omrii is in the Landing. If not already dead, he's currently scripting and rests at the Garden Niche (318). Grimgul is in Ice Mule hunting Ice Trolls and rests in town center (2300). I won't be home for another three hours, unless the crazy boss cuts me loose early.

--Omrii

Seriously, what was your best case scenario there genius? Let me map it out for you. You attempted to pay off Mordechai to stop terrorizing a town he didnt really terrorize. If he would have held to his word wouldn't he have just came back stronger the next month to shake you down for more silver?

My honest guess is you wanted some sort of popularity for doing this and blew up in your face.

You sir are just not intelligent in the least.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I think he just wanted to script and did this as a preventative measure.

Krienna
07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I think he just wanted to script and did this as a preventative measure.

If he just wanted to script he wouldn't have done anything at all. Bringing attention to yourself is a little counterproductive to being left alone.

Liagala
07-02-2010, 04:44 PM
For clarification purposes, everything Monotonous said, Oblivion said to me as well. He said that he was not orignally a member, but the Necen group started killing him and people treated him like shit, so he joined the Marlu thing. I offered to talk with him and Necen to sort things out - he declined, and said that he is content to remain in the Marlu clan. Oblivion also denied being the mad curser, and seemed sincere in said denials. There was evidence against him before, but not conclusive evidence, so I don't know what to believe. The cursing thing is a moot point however, because he chooses to remain in the Marlu clan now.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 04:45 PM
If he just wanted to script he wouldn't have done anything at all. Bringing attention to yourself is a little counterproductive to being left alone.

That's a really good point. Now I'm suspicious.

Khariz
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Not really. Last week I started hunting in the same area as Omrii and he quickly paid his protection money to us. I have no clue if those two things are related, but I doubt it, as I told him I don't mess with people in my hunting areas.

He's stopped by 15 or 20 times when we've been killing everyone in sight, and just waltzed on through, with us saluting and waving at him because he paid for protection. Our disablers don't hit him because he's been marked as someone who has paid.

So since we didn't mess with him as an individual when he paid, he had no reason to doubt that we wouldn't mess with his new town when he paid either. And again, we haven't messed with the town. We've sought out and killed a few KOS people in Icemule, but that's about it. (Note, I'm not speaking for Oblivion and whatever he's been doing with implosions, because we had no affiliation with that.)

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Creating a safe haven on a monthly fee is counterproductive already. Telling people that it's a safe haven is effectively saying 'Oh hey, come here, be safe. We'll just need to pay tribute to the group threatening us every week. It'll be fine.' It defeats the purpose of being able to call the place 'safe'. I bet if everyone gave up on Landing and moved to Icemule the clan would move over and be absolutely content in letting everybody pay for their 'safe' zone.

Krienna
07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Not really. Last week I started hunting in the same area as Omrii and he quickly paid his protection money to us. I have no clue if those two things are related, but I doubt it, as I told him I don't mess with people in my hunting areas.

He's stopped by 15 or 20 times when we've been killing everyone in sight, and just waltzed on through, with us saluting and waving at him because he paid for protection. Our disablers don't hit him because he's been marked as someone who has paid.

So since we didn't mess with him as an individual when he paid, he had no reason to doubt that we wouldn't mess with his new town when he paid either. And again, we haven't messed with the town. We've sought out and killed a few KOS people in Icemule, but that's about it. (Note, I'm not speaking for Oblivion and whatever he's been doing with implosions, because we had no affiliation with that.)

Not a bad point at all. I have nothing against killing off a few KOS members in Icemule if that's all you're doing. A KOS is a KOS regardless of the region.

My post was just speculation since I don't really involve myself in those matters.

Krienna
07-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Creating a safe haven on a monthly fee is counterproductive already. Telling people that it's a safe haven is effectively saying 'Oh hey, come here, be safe. We'll just need to pay tribute to the group threatening us every week. It'll be fine.' It defeats the purpose of being able to call the place 'safe'. I bet if everyone gave up on Landing and moved to Icemule the clan would move over and be absolutely content in letting everybody pay for their 'safe' zone.

True. Something tells me people won't give up on the Landing though. I'm sure it's part of the "thrill" for some people. I've been killed before while hunting. I still hunt there.

Monotonous
07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I haven't been bothered by anyone but Oblivion in Icemule, so it appears to at least be mostly holding up. Even that's annoying as hell though, so I'm moving to EN.

Ribbons
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Not 'really' part of the group so it's out of Mordechai's hands. Unless this guy wants to pay protection money too.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I haven't been bothered by anyone but Oblivion in Icemule, so it appears to at least be mostly holding up. Even that's annoying as hell though, so I'm moving to EN.

Interesting strategy. Totally ignore them instead of vengeance. Wish I had done so. But, the question is, will the disease spread, or is the current medicine we have prescribed going to kill the infection...

...lol

Basically I'm saying you might get SARS if you don't strap on a bodysuit and slug it out with the virus like everyone else.

Some Rogue
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
For clarification purposes, everything Monotonous said, Oblivion said to me as well. He said that he was not orignally a member, but the Necen group started killing him and people treated him like shit

Again, a completely different story than what he was spouting on lichnet today.

Gnomon
07-02-2010, 05:44 PM
That works for the likes of Calidus and Cthulu who are hunting and interacting, but Oblivion isn't really playing the game. He appears to be literally just afk imploding without doing anything else.

He was PvP script imploding, but I don't think he was afk. He made three separate attacks on me, with slight variations to his attack script each time. There were other targets available in the same area at the same times, but I am pretty sure he runs for a table the moment someone does anything other than die. The only time there was a spree of implosion deaths was the time he actually succeeded in voiding me.

IorakeWarhammer
07-02-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah im definitely going to need a script to script ambush heads for whatever goofball on my list walks by

Malvadere
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Well I guess they stopped honoring the treaty. Right when friend saw Morde hanging out outside of the arch wights, this happened to my little wizard...in the arch wights.

The figure swings a short-hafted dark vultite handaxe at you!
AS: +227 vs DS: +154 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +95 = +197
... and hits for 64 points of damage!
Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending weapon arm flying.
You are stunned for 8 rounds!
The figure swings a silvery vultite short sword at you!
AS: +221 vs DS: +132 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +99 = +221
... and hits for 74 points of damage!
Hard slash to your side opens your spleen!
You no longer bristle with energy.

So...thanks

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Well I guess they stopped honoring the treaty. Right when friend saw Morde hanging out outside of the arch wights, this happened to my little wizard...in the arch wights.

AS: +227 vs DS: +154 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +95 = +197
... and hits for 64 points of damage!
Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending weapon arm flying.
You are stunned for 8 rounds!
AS: +221 vs DS: +132 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +99 = +221
... and hits for 74 points of damage!
Hard slash to your side opens your spleen!
You no longer bristle with energy.

So...thanks

We were killing Sephiroth and a couple other KOSers. Dunno who you are.

Malvadere
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Vesto, not sure how I got to be a KOS

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Vesto, not sure how I got to be a KOS

Calidus put you on the list, I'll ask him why if you want!

If you want off the list, all you gotta do is pay Reparations. Since I am personally not sure WHY Calidus put you on the list, I cant say how much that would be.

Malvadere
07-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Never talked to Calidus, ever. Never attacked anyone, haven't done anything. If you're going to have a treaty, you can just kill people and say they're KOS for no reason.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Just read this thread; these things are starting to bore me. As I've said several times, if you think you're on our KOS list for the wrong reasons, we'll work something out. Even if I have solid evidence that you've been part of the Marlu clan, I believe in reform and I'll take you off the list if you demonstrate that you have changed your ways. The rules of conduct we're looking for are pretty simple, and they all boil down to "respect other players." Running around with an open-implode script to all of the various towns doesn't demonstrate anything other than that you're a pain in the ass. If I recall, I offered both Oblivion and Maldric the chance to reform, and both vehemently refused.

Fallen
07-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't think the Marlu clan understands the usage of the abbreviation KoS. It means you kill people on sight, not that you go out of the way hunting for someone, and then kill them. That would be more of a targeted assassination list.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think the Marlu clan understands the usage of the abbreviation KoS. It means you kill people on sight, not that you go out of the way hunting for someone, and then kill them. That would be more of a targeted assassination list.

Kill on Sight. If you dont see em, look for them until they are in your Sight.

Whats so hard to understand?

Ribbons
07-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Kill on Sight. If you dont see em, look for them until they are in your Sight.

Whats so hard to understand?

Er...the concept would be 'Don't let me catch you anywhere I frequently go' not 'I'm gonna look for you till I see you so I can kill you'. What you said was more of a form of stalking or hunting.

Just change to S.A.H (Stalk And Hunt)

Monotonous
07-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Just read this thread; these things are starting to bore me. As I've said several times, if you think you're on our KOS list for the wrong reasons, we'll work something out. Even if I have solid evidence that you've been part of the Marlu clan, I believe in reform and I'll take you off the list if you demonstrate that you have changed your ways. The rules of conduct we're looking for are pretty simple, and they all boil down to "respect other players." Running around with an open-implode script to all of the various towns doesn't demonstrate anything other than that you're a pain in the ass. If I recall, I offered both Oblivion and Maldric the chance to reform, and both vehemently refused.

A search of the public lnet chat log 4-5 days ago shows Oblivion saying he had nothing to do with them except paying to not be killed and you responding with "you can't weasel out of it". That doesn't really sound like a "vehement refusal to reform" on his part. It actually sounds exactly like what you were asking from them, and you responding with a catch-22 that resulted in him being fucked no matter what he said or did.

This was prior to the implosions. I'm not saying you're responsible obviously, but you played a part in creating more disruption.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Er...the concept would be 'Don't let me catch you anywhere I frequently go' not 'I'm gonna look for you till I see you so I can kill you'. What you said was more of a form of stalking or hunting.

Just change to S.A.H (Stalk And Hunt)

We also sometimes refer to it as the Rape list, is that better? Or shall we play some semantic games some more?

Ribbons
07-03-2010, 04:36 PM
We also sometimes refer to it as the Rape list, is that better? Or shall we play some semantic games some more?

Oh snap! I know a better one!

S.A.D (Search And Destroy)

You can be called the S.A.Ders.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh snap! I know a better one!

S.A.D (Search And Destroy)

You can be called the S.A.Ders.

S.A.Dists sounds better and may in fact be more accurate

Ribbons
07-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Search and Destroyists? Eh...take a vote. Be democratic.

Gnomon
07-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Never talked to Calidus, ever. Never attacked anyone, haven't done anything. If you're going to have a treaty, you can just kill people and say they're KOS for no reason.

This is how you get to be on their KoS list. Every interaction of mine with them when I have been at the keyboard has been helpful. Yet they have me on their KoS list. They are griefing. This is how griefers work. They prefer it when their victims haven't given them a reason to attack them. It causes more grief that way.

As is show by my log, the person that attacked you was Calidus.

The replenishing effect fades, but you are left with a feeling of wellbeing.
Your meditation is interrupted by Calidus.

AS: +227 vs DS: +137 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +37 = +156
... and hits for 37 points of damage!
Hard hit shatters your weapon arm.
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
AS: +221 vs DS: +126 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +40 = +168
... and hits for 51 points of damage!
Wild upward slash removes your face from your skull!
Interesting way to die.
The very powerful look leaves you.

I welcome this. I offer them Agairduna to grief as much as they want. I will create no KoS list. Agairduna is not a character created or trained to be effective at killing player characters. Agairduna was created and trained to be of assistance to player characters. Being griefed does not change this.

Agairduna is a follower of Kuon. Her place in the garden is to be a happy flower. She is a Priestess of Kuon. She knows that the Ur Daemons created deserts in the world, where only miserable weeds eke out their existence, and that the name of one of those deserts is Marlu. Kuon's work is bringing those deserts back to their rightful health, so the poor miserable weeds that
live there can become happy flowers to.

Mordechai, you are a miserable weed. Others will seek to pull you up by the roots and cast you into the fire. If they ask Agairduna for help, she will provide it. Agairduna will help you too. A weed is merely a flower in the wrong place. You are miserable because you are in the wrong place.

Mordechai, let Agairduna intercede for you. You do not have to be a miserable weed in the desrt of Marlu. You too, can be a happy flower in Kuon's garden. But if the only way to help you is by death and decay, Agairduna is not afraid of that. Death and decay are a natural part of the garden, a way by which fertility is returned to the soil.

The priestesses that sell the potions follow the same Lady as Kuon. Agairduna is happy to give them silvers. She is also happy to collect alms for this purpose from any that wish to donate them, be they Kuon's happy flowers, Marlu's miserable weeds, or even the zombies and trees she releases from Luukos.

Back
07-03-2010, 05:10 PM

A search of the public lnet chat log 4-5 days ago shows Oblivion saying he had nothing to do with them except paying to not be killed and you responding with "you can't weasel out of it". That doesn't really sound like a "vehement refusal to reform" on his part. It actually sounds exactly like what you were asking from them, and you responding with a catch-22 that resulted in him being fucked no matter what he said or did.

This was prior to the implosions. I'm not saying you're responsible obviously, but you played a part in creating more disruption.

The most interesting development in this whole drama is that Necen runs the risk of becoming what he is trying to stop.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM

The problem with that is that I had literally five sources telling me he was the curse bomber, all of them legit, and he was denying it. I did offer him the chance to stop what he was doing and reform, and he said that he'd prefer to go around open-imploding instead. I'm not sure how I could be more reasonable without being a pushover.

There is a danger of escalation of conflict, though, and we've been discussing it. It's something I've been aware of since before things got started. Yet, someone needed to oppose the Marlu group, because otherwise they were waltzing around without any consequences to their actions. If you have better suggestions, I'm happy to hear them.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
The most interesting development in this whole drama is that Necen runs the risk of becoming what he is trying to stop.

I've said this from the beginning. Necen is ok with whatever when HE's the one doing it. If it's done to him, however, its suddenly the most vile thing ever :P

Lumi
07-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I've said this from the beginning. Necen is ok with whatever when HE's the one doing it. If it's done to him, however, its suddenly the most vile thing ever :P

1) Your people are being dicks to everyone who doesn't succumb to your arbitrary extortion scheme.
2) His people are only being dicks to your people.
3) You're here whining about non-existent hypocrisy in the hopes that people won't realize that you're spewing a steaming pile of bullshit.

/thread

Gnomon
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Agairduna is a three foot high female. She is defenceless. She is on your rape list. Does raping a little woman really make you feel good?

Who is actually running your gang? You or Cthulu? Who is actually getting turned into monsters as this goes on? "Your" gang or the rest of us?

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 05:34 PM

This goes back to that whole projection thing we've talked about, buddy. I imagine people can judge for themselves how things are working and who's in the right.

By the way, I think your group has died a total of 15 or so times in the last couple of days, to 2 of our deaths. How's that confidence holding up?

Edit: Also, did you seriously just quote Back as an authority?

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 05:36 PM
This goes back to that whole projection thing we've talked about, buddy. I imagine people can judge for themselves how things are working and who's in the right.

By the way, I think your group has died a total of 15 or so times in the last couple of days, to 2 of our deaths. How's that confidence holding up?

Doing fine, as we've made another 5 million in protection money. Oh and killed like so much more than just those 2. We arent worried bout your crew. We're doing whatever we like with impunity.

Oh, and members of your group we killed JUST LAST NITE: Sephiroth, Bacons, Necen. Jaeden too yesterday, I believe (but not sure). And those are just the ones I was at the keyboard for.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Agairduna is a three foot high female. She is defenceless. She is on your rape list. Does raping a little woman really make you feel good?

Who is actually running your gang? You or Cthulu? Who is actually getting turned into monsters as this goes on? "Your" gang or the rest of us?

I was referring to Fallen and Ribbons objection that we call it the KOS thread. Has nothing to do with your post.

No one runs our gang. We are a group of like minded individuals that have banded together to be more effective in what we do. I organized it, but i dont 'run' it.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 05:41 PM

We arent worried bout your crew. We're doing whatever we like with impunity.

:thinking:

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM
:thinking:

I know its hard, but realize that we dont mind dying, and we are doing what we want. And your '2 deaths' is inaccurate, as I've said previously :)

Back
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
:popcorn:

This is like watching the big bang. Polar forces have emerged from inception to do battle once again in a timeless dance through the multiverse or some shit mythological like that...

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Doing fine, as we've made another 5 million in protection money. Oh and killed like so much more than just those 2. We arent worried bout your crew. We're doing whatever we like with impunity.

Oh, and members of your group we killed JUST LAST NITE: Sephiroth, Bacons, Necen. Jaeden too yesterday, I believe (but not sure). And those are just the ones I was at the keyboard for.

Heh. Calidus cutthroated me in town with feras. Do that all you'd like. It amuses me when you go to jail.

Edit: As for not caring about dying, I know at least one of you, Calidus, is breaking down over it. Disapproval and deaths have caused others of you to post threads here on the boards that are near meltdowns (i.e. Madmountan). We're just finding the breaking point, and I guarantee you that there's one there. Of course, it's possible that your breaking point is past the point where you stop gaining any experience. We're fine with that, too. How long's it going to be until your people get tired of you and decide to replace you, Mordie?

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Heh. Calidus cutthroated me in town with feras. Do that all you'd like. It amuses me when you go to jail.

A death's a death.

Just pointing out your disconnect with reality ;)

Oh and sure you annoyed Calidus. Course Im pretty sure Seph is gettin tired of dying constantly too :)

Replace me? O.o Im not sure you understand how we work.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 05:56 PM
A death's a death.

Just pointing out your disconnect with reality ;)

And on that hypocritical note, I'm going to go do something that's not the equivalent of banging my head into a brick wall.

Khariz
07-03-2010, 06:17 PM
And rofl at my thread being a meltdown. My thread was to show all of you guys how stupid it was to take my character killing your character personal.

I know you all find it ironic that I take your taking it personal, personal, but it's quite different dispite your lack of ability to understand it.

One person is getting real life upset about what happens to him in game. The other is getting real life upset about people he's known for ten plus years in some cases getting upset with him in real life for said in game actions.

I've decided that I no longer care about your getting upset though, so have fun.

Cthulu
07-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Edit: As for not caring about dying, I know at least one of you, Calidus, is breaking down over it. Disapproval and deaths have caused others of you to post threads here on the boards that are near meltdowns (i.e. Madmountan). We're just finding the breaking point, and I guarantee you that there's one there. Of course, it's possible that your breaking point is past the point where you stop gaining any experience. We're fine with that, too. How long's it going to be until your people get tired of you and decide to replace you, Mordie?

OH - MY - GOD, THEY'RE KILLING MY FRIENDS FUN, AND THEN THEIR GONNA KILL MY FUN!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/bawanaal/YouTube-ASceneFromTroll2.jpg

Inspire
07-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Icemule is no longer safe.

Consider this a warning.

You can go to RR, EN or Teras.

Pay up, or you will be killed.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 07:57 PM

Consider this a warning.

/activate epeen!

> Epeen activation ... unsuccessful.

Monotonous
07-03-2010, 08:04 PM
The problem with that is that I had literally five sources telling me he was the curse bomber, all of them legit, and he was denying it. I did offer him the chance to stop what he was doing and reform, and he said that he'd prefer to go around open-imploding instead. I'm not sure how I could be more reasonable without being a pushover.
I've still yet to see any kind of proof about who was actually cursing things. I saw Buddy and Pandin accuse him but neither had anything except what amounts to "he was in the game when it happened". I still feel like that judgment was premature, as was ganking him over it. He said the open imploding started after you and everyone else attacked him.

Here's how it breaks down: Did he attack you first, or did you attack him first?

When I talked to him in private (which is probably a better move than knee-jerk reactions) he says Necen randomly attacked him one day with no provocation while hunting. Are you denying this, and if so can you show a log of him attacking you or one of your members prior?

Yet, someone needed to oppose the Marlu group, because otherwise they were waltzing around without any consequences to their actions. If you have better suggestions, I'm happy to hear them.
Completely and absolutely agree. I just disagree with how that opposition started and progressed. The "list" should have remained private, and had at least a cursory confirmation by talking to the players involved before the all-out grief fest started, especially with the people on the list who were completely unheard of or unknown as griefers.

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I've still yet to see any kind of proof about who was actually cursing things. I saw Buddy and Pandin accuse him but neither had anything except what amounts to "he was in the game when it happened". I still feel like that judgment was premature, as was ganking him over it. He said the open imploding started after you and everyone else attacked him.

Here's how it breaks down: Did he attack you first, or did you attack him first?

When I talked to him in private (which is probably a better move than knee-jerk reactions) he says Necen randomly attacked him one day with no provocation while hunting. Are you denying this, and if so can you show a log of him attacking you or one of your members prior?

Completely and absolutely agree. I just disagree with how that opposition started and progressed. The "list" should have remained private, and had at least a cursory confirmation by talking to the players involved before the all-out grief fest started, especially with the people on the list who were completely unheard of or unknown as griefers.

I'm sorry, Monotonous, but I cannot divulge the source of the list, nor my sources for Oblivion's membership in the Marlu clan and his curse-bombing activities. You'll have to take my assurance that they're genuine. I understand if that's not enough for you. If you would like to chat about tactics, or if you have suggestions to offer, please IM me at GS4Nuadjha. I would be happy to talk with you.

Monotonous
07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry, Monotonous, but I cannot divulge the source of the list, nor my sources for Oblivion's membership in the Marlu clan and his curse-bombing activities. You'll have to take my assurance that they're genuine. I understand if that's not enough for you. If you would like to chat about tactics, or if you have suggestions to offer, please IM me at GS4Nuadjha. I would be happy to talk with you.
I don't really care about the source of information or his membership. He openly admits to being a member now. My point is that you guys more than likely pushed him to become a member, or at least pushed him to become a more disruptive player. He seemed like a rational guy when I talked to him. I feel like the implosion crap could have been avoided with an attempt at resolution via discussion instead of opening with unprovoked attacks.

I don't get why you can't reveal your proof of him being the curse bomber. Without it this is just he-said-she-said. Revealing their "official membership list" seems like it would be on the same level, unless you got the proof from something like a GM telling you, which would be shitty and should been reported to Simutronics (favoritism can swing both ways). But at least it would shut me up about the whole situation.

Cthulu
07-03-2010, 08:28 PM

The source of his list...

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/fight-club.jpg

BriarFox
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't really care about the source of information or his membership. He openly admits to being a member now. My point is that you guys more than likely pushed him to become a member, or at least pushed him to become a more disruptive player. He seemed like a rational guy when I talked to him. I feel like the implosion crap could have been avoided with an attempt at resolution via discussion instead of opening with unprovoked attacks.

I don't get why you can't reveal your proof of him being the curse bomber. Without it this is just he-said-she-said. Revealing their "official membership list" seems like it would be on the same level, unless you got the proof from something like a GM telling you, which would be shitty and should been reported to Simutronics (favoritism can swing both ways). But at least it would shut me up about the whole situation.

We didn't push anyone to anything. I offered him a chance to stop doing what he was doing, and he chose to start imploding instead. It's as simple as that. As for the rest of this post, GMs have nothing to do with anything.

m444w
07-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Consider this a warning.

figures Inspire would be in on it...

Yet another undeniable sign in his quest of becoming GS's biggest cockholster.

Couldn't do it in Prime because he his dreams were dashed by an establish group that easily foisted his goals, so now he has to try to do it in Shattered, where it is "allowed".

a shame you got myklians nerfed so quickly because you couldn't keep your hand out of the cookie jar, like the newb you are.

Inspire
07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
figures Inspire would be in on it...

Yet another undeniable sign in his quest of becoming GS's biggest cockholster.

Couldn't do it in Prime because he his dreams were dashed by an establish group that easily foisted his goals, so now he has to try to do it in Shattered, where it is "allowed".

a shame you got myklians nerfed so quickly because you couldn't keep your hand out of the cookie jar, like the newb you are.

LOL, how drunk are you right now?

If someone buys your sack will you say fuck you again? It was mega LOL. Telling your buyer Fuck You after they bought it.

m444w
07-03-2010, 10:07 PM
completely sober actually. Got me good there </sarcasm>... Still not as hilarious as your constantly doing shady shit even though you know you will get called on it every time.

Mega LOL? what are you? a 16 year old chick from The Hills?