PDA

View Full Version : Enough of this nonsense

Pages : [1] 2 3

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 02:09 AM
I wasn't looking to form a group in Shattered or anything remotely similar, but there needs to be a response to this nonsense. So, if the Marlu guys have pissed you off, PM me. It's time and enough to start making this far less fun for them.

Their tactics work on fear, on the desire to keep people separated and make one person face a group. Alone, one person will always fall to many, but we are the majority, and the majority will always come out ahead. If you don't want to pay their fees, if you're tired of their arrogance, if you're simply irritated at their attitude as I am, then stand up, pick up your weapon, and join me. Don't think that you can stand on the sidelines and wait for things to end, because they never will unless you actively work to stop them. Passivity only allows them to keep on doing what they're doing.

There's about 12 of them, and their highest is at best level 30. That leaves 200 other people who've they've either pissed off or will. With enough of us acting together, they will fall like the chaff in autumn. It won't be safe for them to AFK script; they'll be afraid to leave town; their leveling will grind to a halt. Their deaths will scroll your screens. Our goal is to make the game so incredibly uncomfortable and unproductive for them that they mind their own business or quit. This is not their world; its ours.

Current list of Marlu members - There's only about a dozen of them once you get rid of the silly number of alts.

Calidus - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Maldric - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Cervina -Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Bleeder - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Cthulu - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Dart -Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Fumble -
Madmountan - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Milamber - Wizard, 30?
Malevolence - Wizard. 30? Mordechai's alt.
Mordechai - 35-40? Paladin, leader.
Oblivion (the curse bomber) - 35? sorcerer.
Rysrin - ~20? Hasn't been around much.
Shakira - 35-40? Bard.
Someone - Table-empath. It's suspected that House/Oblivion/Shakira/Someone are all the same player.
House - cleric, 40s
Triumph -Unknown.
Mooch - Cleric, 25-30?
Madam -On our side now.
Ron - On our side now.
Life - Suspected alt
Kagehisa - probably a mule
Harry - On our side now.
Kaseopea - On our side now.
Katze - On our side now.
Krissta - empath, 15-20?
Portu - Attack only if provoked. - Part of "New Marlu"
Fiddlesticks - ?

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 02:11 AM
It's about to go down in china town. I was waiting for a "leader" to stand up and face these twits. Let's see how much fun they have when they're being camped.

EDIT: Forgot a period.

calidus
06-29-2010, 02:12 AM
:bananahit: Briarfox IS that leader! :bananahit:

Khariz
06-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Lord Necen just came down the southwest path.
J>
[Roll result: 164 (open d100: 50)]
Mordechai feints to the right, Necen buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
J>
[Roll result: 133 (open d100: 30)]
Cthulu charges towards Necen and attempts to grasp him in a ferocious bearhug!
Cthulu manages to catch Necen in a tight bearhug!
J>stance off
You are now in an offensive stance.
J>
Mordechai thrusts with a brass vultite lance at Necen!
AS: +240 vs DS: -27 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +15 = +317
... and hits for 150 points of damage!
Strong strike, punctures lung!
Cthulu unceremoniously drops Necen to the ground.

* Necen drops dead at your feet!

For an instant, Necen's wounds begin to knit, and it looks as though he will successfully cling to life. Then, the reality of death overcomes the influence of Troll's Blood.
J>at nec
Necen is already dead.
J>
Necen just left.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 02:14 AM
A brave start to the resistance!

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/thunderdome.jpg

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 02:15 AM
I had just healed an implosion victim and was logged out by a script. I came back two seconds later, told you I didn't give a damn about your fees, and departed. Give me fuel, give me fire.

Here's two for you:

You channel at Mordechai.
You concentrate intently on Mordechai, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward Mordechai!
CS: +96 - TD: +47 + CvA: +2 + d100: +49 - -5 == +105
Warding failed!
Mordechai shudders with mild convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop his body.
Mordechai is hit for 29 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to abdomen!
He is stunned!
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to left leg!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>1106 morde
You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Bone Shatter...
Your spell is ready.
>
You concentrate intently on Mordechai, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward Mordechai!
CS: +96 - TD: +47 + CvA: +2 + d100: +75 - -5 == +131
Warding failed!
Mordechai shudders with moderate convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop his body.
Mordechai is smashed for 42 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to right arm!

* Mordechai drops dead at your feet!

CS: +96 - TD: +47 + CvA: +2 + d100: +81 - -5 == +137
Warding failed!
Mordechai shudders with moderate convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop his body.
Mordechai is smashed for 45 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to back!
He is stunned!
... 10 points of damage!
Light strike to abdomen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

A shadowy figure leaps from hiding to attack!
The figure slashes with a golden vaalorn troll-claw at Mordechai!
AS: +182 vs DS: +93 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +9 = +117
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Weak slash across chest!
Slightly less painful than heartburn.
The figure thrusts with a grey ora sai at Mordechai!
AS: +166 vs DS: +93 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +65 = +157
... and hits for 22 points of damage!
Strike pierces gall bladder!
That's gotta hurt!

* Mordechai drops dead at your feet!

Fortybox
06-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Go Necen!!! The power is yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXM9bj-WPU

But if I join I want to be heart cuz I might be a gay zombie k?

Khariz
06-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I retort with: This (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1125969&postcount=21)

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 02:18 AM
I retort with: This (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1125969&postcount=21)

Call me crazy but I fail to see how killing AFK players with a group is anything to brag about.

Fortybox
06-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Call me crazy but I fail to see how killing AFK players with a group is anything to brag about.

Pandin can be earth. Necen will be water.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 02:19 AM

For the 1 millionth time, we don't know, or care if people are AFK. We kill, and then attempt to extort silvers. If they were awake, they talk to us and choose to pay or not. If they were AFK, oh well, their loss.

We aren't picking on AFK people like you all would like to make it out like we are.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the list, Khariz. Every time you kill someone, you just fire them up to come back and take you down. So, please, kill everyone you can. It won't last long. You should see my PMs from the last 5 minutes.

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Did I say anything about that? You post your kills as if it's an accomplishment of some sort. You're killing AFK players with a group, yay, we get it, woopty fucking doody. A quadriplegic downy could kill an AFK player in this game.

Let me put it in words you might understand: you're the equivalent of Jaeden posting logs of flares and uncut diamonds.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Did I say anything about that? You post your kills as if it's an accomplishment of some sort. You're killing AFK players with a group, yay, we get it, woopty fucking doody. A quadriplegic downy could kill an AFK player in this game.

Let me put it in words you might understand: you're the equivalent of Jaeden posting logs of flares and uncut diamonds.

I'm saying you have no clue what you are talking about. You have no idea which of those people were afk, which were attentive, which paid us, which reacted, etc.

No clue whatsoever, unless you were one of them, or they told you.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm saying you have no clue what you are talking about. You have no idea which of those people were afk, which were attentive, which paid us, which reacted, etc.

Logic you say?!

HOW DARE YOU BRING REASONING INTO THIS SIR!

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM

I... don't... care. Posting logs of a group killing a single person, afk or not, is nothing to write home about. Go kill more trolls with fire flares and post it!

Fortybox
06-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Um, I think one of the major points of this thread is that the girl on the left of Mordechai stuffs.

Who is going to be wind and fire?

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 02:29 AM

I have a complete list of your KoS characters, your friends, and your payees. For everyone who has bought into their threats, you should know that they have precisely 13 people paying them money. The rest have told them to go fuck themselves. They are the minority. Believe nothing they have to say. It's just mind-games.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Prediction: They try once, fail, and then cry about how we only killed their level 10's!

Whilst they were AFK and imploded and werent watching the screen and had just gotten a cold or the flu and...

calidus
06-29-2010, 02:45 AM
I... don't... care. Posting logs of a group killing a single person, afk or not, is nothing to write home about. Go kill more trolls with fire flares and post it!

Sure thing.

The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

[Roll result: 146 (open d100: 23) Bonus: 28]
You spring from hiding and attempt to grasp Rada by the chin while slitting his throat with your feras dagger!

You slice deep into Rada's vocal chords!
... 9 points of damage!

** As the blow lands, the feras dagger unleashes a damaging blast of lightning! **

... 60 points of damage!
Terrifying electrical arc destroys spinal column one vertebra at a time!

* Rada drops dead at your feet!

You retreat back into the shadows.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

* Rada just bit the dust!

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 03:17 AM

Yet you KEEP POSTING :P

Methais
06-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Alone, one person will always fall to many

1. Roll a wizard or something.
2. Ewave the room. If you use major e-wave, skip to step 7.
3. Immolate Person A.
4. Immolate Person B.
5. Immolate Person C.
6. Immolate Person D.
7. Kill everybody.

/thread

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 03:22 AM
An entirely one-sided, but thus apropos death. Madmountan was afk. He's quite a tank. My respect for him.

>You wave your blue wand at Madmountan.
1d100: 97 + Modifiers: 115 == 212

You hurl a chunk of ice at Madmountan!
AS: +236 vs DS: +191 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +99 = +180
... and hit for 25 points of damage!
Strike glances off the chest.

* Madmountan drops dead at your feet!

The deep blue glow leaves Madmountan.
Deep blue motes swirl away from Madmountan and fade.
Madmountan appears less secure.
A faint silvery glow fades from around Madmountan.
The dim aura fades from around Madmountan.
The light blue glow leaves Madmountan.
The powerful look leaves Madmountan.
The blue wand suddenly disintegrates!

Sean of the Thread
06-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Bunch of tards.

Methais
06-29-2010, 04:54 AM
This thread =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqM3yXvY87s

And:
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/hayden.gif

AnticorRifling
06-29-2010, 07:53 AM
If you're going to do it do it right Briar, grind them into the dirt. Don't let them do shit while they are logged in. Camp their shit until they don't log in for a few days.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 09:21 AM
This thread =http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqM3yXvY87s

Nerd rage has nothing to do with it; it's simply a natural response from people who are tired of having others jump them.

IorakeWarhammer
06-29-2010, 09:23 AM
SF is down so they're all logged off

IorakeWarhammer
06-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I've been saying this for a while. Glad you put some credibility behind it. Basically, what they're doing isn't necessary ungodly or anything, its just that we need a counter-force to put them in check. Hope this thread helps that materialize.

Drisco
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
I think you miss their point of posting the people they kill. I think it's their way of informing the people who died, who did it, and that they need to pay up if they want it to stop while they are afk or there.

They show who they kill to get people who have been killed to pay, or people who want to avoid getting killed to pay. It's a classic tactic that has been around for forever and not just in this game.

It's kind of cool to see how this works. I wonder if we will build up a little stable government later on when this military oligarchy looses power. It's like a new mini country in there!

Khariz
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
An entirely one-sided, but thus apropos death. Madmountan was afk. He's quite a tank. My respect for him.

>You wave your blue wand at Madmountan.
1d100: 97 + Modifiers: 115 == 212

You hurl a chunk of ice at Madmountan!
AS: +236 vs DS: +191 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +99 = +180
... and hit for 25 points of damage!
Strike glances off the chest.

The deep blue glow leaves Madmountan.
Deep blue motes swirl away from Madmountan and fade.
Madmountan appears less secure.
A faint silvery glow fades from around Madmountan.
The dim aura fades from around Madmountan.
The light blue glow leaves Madmountan.
The powerful look leaves Madmountan.
The blue wand suddenly disintegrates!

I actually wasn't AFK. I was trying to log in while the game was freaking out last night. So I guess I was ghosted or something. I guess that's pretty much the same difference though.

Someone stole his weapon while he was LD too :rofl:

They better hope he doesnt' find out who they are :love:

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 10:08 AM
I actually wasn't AFK. I was trying to log in while the game was freaking out last night. So I guess I was ghosted or something. I guess that's pretty much the same difference though.

Someone stole his weapon while he was LD too :rofl:

They better hope he doesnt' find out who they are :love:

Ah, your weapon. It's very shiny, and Necen hopes it was bonded. Cheers.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Ah, your weapon. It's very shiny, and Necen hopes it was bonded. Cheers.

Doh. Guess that's what I get, haha.

It shoots lighting too! Bzzt.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 10:33 AM
It was bonded after all, and 4x lightning-flaring mattock is rather hard to find in Shattered. Was is noticeably past tense.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Scrap metal?

calidus
06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I still feel that stealing someones weapon is the lowest thing you can do next to corpse-camping to enforce decaying. But that's just me.

I've disarmed a few people and have given the weapon back every time. I guess I have a conscience. :\

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I still feel that stealing someones weapon is the lowest thing you can do next to corpse-camping to enforce decaying. But that's just me.

I've disarmed a few people and have given the weapon back every time. I guess I have a conscience. :\

Quit your bitching. You signed up for Shattered what did you expect? Prime is ---> that way.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Demoralization isn't meant to be pretty or proper.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
It's fine that he stole my weapon. He's the one that has to live with it.

I personally don't steal weapons, but perhaps that's a better means of extortion against ME than killing me. We'll see.

Showal
06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
This operation, in real life, is going to look like this:

http://greg.org/archive/warcraft_southpark.jpg

I was thinking about joining for this cause (and I still might, despite my ridicule) because it could be a fun RP. However, I keep relating it to the above picture.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM

I personally don't steal weapons, but perhaps that's a better means of extortion against ME than killing me. We'll see.

One of the key causes, if I interpreted this situation correctly, would be that extortion is one of the factors that's spurred this movement. Extorting you would make him no better and hinder the cause.

Some Rogue
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM

I've disarmed a few people and have pretended I didn't know what they were talking about when I was called out for it even though multiple people saw me playing with said weapon in TSC.

Fixed

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Nice.. You guys are already AFK ganking and stealing weapons.

Meet the new boss, same as the old. Where was your roleplay while you did it?

Hypocrisy and irony kick ass.

RichardCranium
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM

What would you have them do, hug it out? They wanted a fight and they got one. The devil's advocate schtick is overdone.

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
What would you have them do, hug it out? They wanted a fight and they got one. The devil's advocate schtick is overdone.

Apply the same bullshit guidelines to themselves that they try to apply to everyone else.

They're justified in their behavior because of XYZ, and the enemy isn't because of XYZ.

Try to figure out who is who in the above statement.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 11:44 AM

There was actually a rather lively conversation about killing him when he was just standing there. The difference is that we are responding, and that we have no intention of taking it beyond the Marlu group. To destroy that group, though, we'll use every tactic possible. Yes, the end justifies the means. Necen is a Luukosian. His main issue with the Marlu guys is that they have no subtlety and that they're disrupting his rather more intricate plans. There's no knight in shining armor where he's concerned, but that is one of my goals as a player.

I do not claim moral high ground in terms of tactics, only in terms of the broader strategy.

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 11:46 AM

He stole a 4x weapon with lightning flares - which was probably one of 10 (or less). You were also bonding to it. The monetary/time investment of that disarm was larger than the a single death.

I'd say he won.

RichardCranium
06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Apply the same bullshit guidelines to themselves that they try to apply to everyone else.

They're justified in their behavior because of XYZ, and the enemy isn't because of XYZ.

Try to figure out who is who in the above statement.

So you want them to try and extort the Marlu group? That would make it ok? These fucks have repeatedly killed people over and over and now they're paying the price.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
He stole a 4x weapon with lightning flares - which was probably one of 10 (or less). You were also bonding to it. The monetary/time investment of that disarm was larger than the a single death.

I'd say he won.

I agree.

Tisket
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM

^

calidus
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Quit your bitching. You signed up for Shattered what did you expect? Prime is ---> that way.

Did you even read my post?

DarkSorc
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I must say all this drama is better than watching god damn TV!

Caiylania
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
:grouphug:

:popcorn:

Fallen
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I must say all this drama is better than watching god damn TV!

Shattered is so awesome you don't even have to play it to have fun.

Liagala
06-29-2010, 12:08 PM

What are you, Gandhi? If someone hurts me, I'm not going to sing kumbaya because that's what I want them to do, and anything else would be hipocrisy. We tried reason, we tried ignoring, we tried hoping they'll get over it. None of it worked. Now we kick ass. We're not harassing people who never did anything to us - that really would be hipocrisy. We're defending ourselves.

Cephalopod
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I've heard the proper thing to do, when someone attempts to kill you in Shattered, is to talk to them... and if they won't listen to reason, move out of their way until they are done.

Bhaalizmo
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I approve this thread / message. Death to the tards.

AnticorRifling
06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I've heard the proper thing to do, when someone attempts to kill you in Shattered, is to talk to them... and if they won't listen to reason, move out of their way until they are done. I didn't know TheE played shattered!

Sam
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Shattered is so awesome you don't even have to play it to have fun.

Yes! All the chaos actually makes me want to play a little now... I can't believe thought that "No GM interaction" would somehow make the game perfect for everyone. All it does is make room for new authority figures to establish themselves. It's definitely much more entertaining than reading logs about "so-and-so killed my alt and then WARN INTERACTED me, what a pussy!"

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
What are you, Gandhi? If someone hurts me, I'm not going to sing kumbaya because that's what I want them to do, and anything else would be hipocrisy. We tried reason, we tried ignoring, we tried hoping they'll get over it. None of it worked. Now we kick ass. We're not harassing people who never did anything to us - that really would be hipocrisy. We're defending ourselves.

I'm not saying it's wrong to defend yourselves, and I'm definitely not Gandhi when it comes to Shattered. I'm saying quit writing here how cheap it is to disarm AFK players with your left hand while your right hand types CMAN DISARM MAD during a server reset. It is textbook hypocrisy. (Not you specifically, Liagala)

I want PvP and chaos in Shattered. I think this is great. I'm just pointing out the immediate hypocrisy which evolved the moment a group was formed to fight them, and that their justifications for "shitty" behavior is just as valid in their eyes as it is for the Marlu's and their behavior. I'm trying to make you all learn empathetic life-lessons, and grow as people.

Maybe I am Gandhi.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm not saying it's wrong to defend yourselves, and I'm definately not Ghandi when it comes to Shattered. I'm saying quit writing here how cheap it is to disarm AFK players with your left hand while your right hand types CMAN DISARM MAD during a server reset. (Not you specifically, Liagala)

I want PvP and chaos in Shattered. I think this is great. I'm just pointing out the immediate hypocrisy which evolved the moment a group was formed to fight them, and that their justifications for "shitty" behavior is just as valid in their eyes as it is for the Marlu's and their behavior.

What was that saying?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

We had stopped disarming, due to on review it being kinda a dick move. BUT! If the Disarm option has been opened up....:yes:

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
What was that saying?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

We had stopped disarming, due to on review it being kinda a dick move. BUT! If the Disarm option has been opened up....:yes:

Great.. Wait until Necen puts the nuclear option on the table. We're all fucked.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
They'll start with the Marlu group.
They'll kill/disarm/grief some people that they think are associated with Marlu and actually aren't.
Slippery slope begins...

A transparent move by a Marlu member to try to get people to question us.

Anyone who knows me knows I'll work things out with you, and that my overall goal is the support of the Gemstone community and the enhancement of its experience. Ask around, if you don't know me. I'm not afraid of what you'll find out.

On another note, since Monotonous thinks the Marlu guys followed rules, here's a copy/paste from the officials:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=109&category=2&topic=1&message=277

<< Is this not what we all signed up for? Sounds like this guy is taking it way too personally. Did you not expect killers in Shattered? >>

Not really, no. First, being killed by someone once in a while for no reason is fine. Being killed by someone for a real reason is great. It would be different if death's sting wasn't present, but at this time pretty much every death = decay. Shattered was no rules, not people running around compensating for a 2 inch dick by killing people 10+ levels beneath them over and over. That's over the top and someone who does that, even Shattered is pretty worthless as a human being.

Second, he set up his group with "rules" so that it wouldn't be over the top, and he lied about it. That lie reveals to everyone that he has the morals of a slug and I posted to point that out. That he runs from people who can actually kill him shows that he is a gutless yellow bellied coward(yes that's very redundant)that can give it, but is incapable of taking what he dishes out. That also marks him as being at the same level as elementary school kids with his maturity.

Ultimately, those two deaths don't mean a whole heck of a lot. What bothers me the most about it, is that I took him for his word and he lied. My character has killed no one. He has attacked no one, verbally or otherwise. He claims to have a "reason", but no one in the game has any reason for killing my character repeated. Mordechai is a liar plain and simple. If anyone here took him for his word about the supposed "rules" of his group, they should forget about it. The player behind it cannot be trusted. At least now I know what to expect from him and his whole group of likeminded cowardly slugs.

Josh

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=109&category=2&topic=1&message=277

Someone whined about me on the officials too?

YOU DONT SAY :P

I dont think you guys get the concept that just because a lot of people say something, it doesnt make it true.

Liagala
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Someone whined about me on the officials too?

YOU DONT SAY :P

I dont think you guys get the concept that just because a lot of people say something, it doesnt make it true.
Similarly, just because you say something a lot of times, it doesn't make it true.

Ashliana
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Everything about the so-called Marlu clan is absolute bullshit.

Mordechai: "We only kill people once, then put them on a safe list for awhile." Er, no. You actually managed to kill my lower-level character, and then tried several times afterwards unsuccessfully.

Numerous members: "We're just playing Shattered the way we want! We're roleplaying villains! It's in-character!" Right. So, you log out when you're about to die, you send multi-account characters with no knowledge of what's happening to come save the day, and went out of your way to target people in-game based on what people on the forums said? Makes sense.

Numerous members: It's Shattered!11!1shift+1! You knew it would be like this! You signed up for no-rules! Okay. Then please stop crying about how your precious weapons got stolen. You all pissed off a lot of people, and they're going to be going out of their way to use all Gemstone's mechanics against you.

The key difference is that their retaliation against you is discriminate. Polar opposite of the Mordechai group camping outside the north gate.

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
On another note, since Monotonous thinks the Marlu guys followed rules, here's a copy/paste from the officials:

Yeah, that's the guy who sits in TSC with a script spamming obscenities about Mordechai to a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it. He doesn't belong in Shattered.

I've personally witnessed them not killing people who paid them (while I laid dead on the ground). The difference between those alive and I is that they paid, and the Marlus followed up on their promise not to kill. It may be flaky and change on a whim, but it apparently works for now. That counts for "following a code of conduct".

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
If you haven't contacted me yet or sent me your info, please do. Include your character, profession, level, and contact info (PC/IM/Email), if you would.

Things are shaping up very nicely.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
At this point, I'd like you all to take a deep, relaxing breath and remember that I'M the bad guy.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Everything about the so-called Marlu clan is absolute bullshit.

Mordechai: "We only kill people once, then put them on a safe list for awhile." Er, no. You actually managed to kill my lower-level character, and then tried several times afterwards unsuccessfully.

Numerous members: "We're just playing Shattered the way we want! We're roleplaying villains! It's in-character!" Right. So, you log out when you're about to die, you send multi-account characters with no knowledge of what's happening to come save the day, and went out of your way to target people in-game based on what people on the forums said? Makes sense.

Numerous members: It's Shattered!11!1shift+1! You knew it would be like this! You signed up for no-rules! Okay. Then please stop crying about how your precious weapons got stolen. You all pissed off a lot of people, and they're going to be going out of their way to use all Gemstone's mechanics against you.

The key difference is that their retaliation against you is discriminate. Polar opposite of the Mordechai group camping outside the north gate.

I said we are trying something new, did I not?

Also, we are totally being discriminate! Those who pay had NO PROBLEM and were able to go back and forth all night.

The difference is, you just dont like they way we are discriminating.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I say it because that exact thing happened to me before I joined up. I hadn't played GS in a long time and I asked in TSC, "Hey, where's the locksmith that will pick my boxes?" Mordechai, whom I hadn't heard of yet, was the only one who answered me. I was killed three times that day just for having been seen having that communication with him. I wasn't a member, I honestly didn't even know Mordechai was a "bad guy".

Over time Mordechai continued to help me out with little things here and there, and it just seemed natural to help the only person on the server that had ever been willing to take a little bit of their time to help me out. Plus, I had already been labeled as a member because Mordechai showed me where the town locksmith was once.

^ Say whatever you want in response to this, but please don't question its validity. It's 100% true.

I don't doubt it, but that doesn't mean that's how our group will operate. I can't, and have no intention of trying, to control others' responses.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
At this point, I'd like you all to take a deep, relaxing breath and remember that I'M the bad guy.

You're about as bad as a cold and we're over you.
:love:

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
You're about as bad as a cold and we're over you.
:love:

That's hurtful, dude.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
That's hurtful, dude.

Need a hug? I'm here if you need one, a hug that is...

No homo.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Need a hug? I'm here if you need one, a hug that is...

No homo.

::stretches several gibbering tentacles out to you::

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
::stretches several gibbering tentacles out to you::

Ah-choo.

Blasted cold.

Methais
06-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Nerd rage has nothing to do with it; it's simply a natural response from people who are tired of having others jump them.

I've changed my mind. This thread, and Shattered in general = this badass Ultimate Warrior promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqi0zbgHDuA

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
They want you to think they're invincible. It's a farce. Just shut down their AFK-levelling, like this:

Maldric:

Your spell is ready.
You gesture at Maldric.
You hurl a radiant ball of energy at Maldric!
AS: +294 vs DS: +167 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +5 = +174
... and hit for 53 points of damage!
Searing wave of plasma cuts through skin and muscle on Maldric's leg!
He is knocked to the ground!
He is stunned!
The guiding force leaves you.
Success! Establishing a connection with Maldric, your awareness of his physical condition expands as your essence fuses with his!
>
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>
Maldric just left.

Calidus

You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Empathic Assault...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at Calidus.
You hurl a radiant ball of energy at Calidus!
AS: +231 vs DS: +139 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +95 = +229
... and hit for 87 points of damage!
Vicious beam of energy rips open Calidus's back!
He is stunned!
Success! Establishing a connection with Calidus, your awareness of his physical condition expands as your essence fuses with his!
>
>
You mentally attempt to locate your implanted essence within Calidus...
CS: +117 - TD: +83 + CvA: +12 + d100: +67 == +113
Warding failed!
You maintain a modest connection with Calidus and find yourself able to brielfy halt the flow
of blood through his body.
...and cause 27 points of damage!
>stance offensive
>incant 1110
>stance defensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Empathic Assault...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at Calidus.
You hurl a radiant ball of energy at Calidus!
AS: +231 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +28 = +193
... and hit for 71 points of damage!
Calidus's eye is blown out of socket by powerful bolt of plasma!

* Calidus drops dead at your feet!

The powerful look leaves Calidus.
The dim aura fades from around Calidus.
Calidus appears less secure.
The light blue glow leaves Calidus.
The deep blue glow leaves Calidus.
As Calidus is vanquished, you preserve your energy rather than infusing the effort further.
>
>
* Calidus just bit the dust!

And the part where we make them useful:

You see Calidus the Blackguard.
He appears to be a Human.
He is average height and appears to be very young. He has blue-grey eyes and fair skin. He has chin length, wavy golden brown hair.
He has an awesome deathbat tattoo on his arm.
He appears to be DEAD!
He has deep lacerations across his back, a blinded left eye, and some minor cuts and bruises on his left leg.
He is holding a short-hafted dark vultite handaxe in his right hand and a silvery vultite short sword in his left hand.
He is wearing a carved blue tourmaline pin, an onyx-inlaid black leather thigh-sheath, a storm grey pouch, a ruby amulet, a glittering brass pin, some dark red bloodjewel-set leathers, some crossed black leather back-sheaths, and a dark hooded cloak.
>
You meditate over Calidus.
Calidus's left eye damage is transferred to you.
>
Calidus's back damage is transferred to you.
>
Calidus's left leg damage is transferred to you.
>
You take some of Calidus's blood loss.

They were hunting krolvin in the Lyserian Hills. Feel free to kill them yourselves.

calidus
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
They want you to think they're invincible. It's a farce. Just shut down their AFK-levelling, like this:

Maldric:

Calidus

And the part where we make them useful:

They were hunting krolvin in the Lyserian Hills. Feel free to kill them yourselves.

It took you a while to kill me. Not sure why my script didn't log me off as it should have if I am stunned or drop below 80% hp... odd.

Anyway, what's up with killing Maldric? Lol, I thought he was helping you guys... Isn't that the guy who was running around with Kaedra casting sanct and rezzing folks last night?

Gnomon
06-29-2010, 03:20 PM
It took you a while to kill me. Not sure why my script didn't log me off as it should have if I am stunned or drop below 80% hp... odd.

Anyway, what's up with killing Maldric? Lol, I thought he was helping you guys... Isn't that the guy who was running around with Kaedra casting sanct and rezzing folks last night?

These organisations are all really run by Kaedra. More bodies = more rezzes. Wherever the corpses lie thickest you can be sure there is a cleric behind the scenes stirring up the carnage.

SpiffyJr
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
These organisations are all really run by Kaedra. More bodies = more rezzes. Wherever the corpses lie thickest you can be sure there is a cleric behind the scenes stirring up the carnage.

Oh snap, conspiracy.

Drevihyin
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/riverduck/Cleric.jpg

calidus
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
lol, maybe that will be the "other other" group.... the mooching clerics.

maybe necen just wants more enemies

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
2 hits to kill you is a lot? Heh.

This is the current list of the Marlu clan, from their own files:

Bleeder
Calidus
Cervina
Cthulu
Dart
Espere
Flamer
Fumble
Leland
Madmountan
Maldric
Milamber
Malevolence
Marl
Mordechai
Oblivion (the curse bomber)
Rysrin
Sanity
Shakira
Someone
Triumph

These characters will protest and plead and lie. You've already seen that. Regardless, this is the current kill list. There is no mercy for these characters, unless they reform. For the leaders, Mordechai and Cervina, reform will be much more difficult, if it's even possible.

If you see these characters, kill them. More organized hunter-killer parties coming soon.

Edit: Some of these are alts or bots, btw. The clan's not even this big.

AnticorRifling
06-29-2010, 04:02 PM
You're new to this. Don't give out a list of targets. Let them find out they are on the list via death.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
You're new to this. Don't give out a list of targets. Let them find out they are on the list via death.

Tempting, however, I have three goals in posting that:

1) Dispel the "We have so many members" myth.
2) Establish their members as visible targets.
3) Establish who we're going after to banish the "You're attacking random people" accusations (which only the clan is trying to put forward anyway).

Edit: Also, I have specifically not posted their Allies or Payee lists. I only want the clan.

calidus
06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
This is the current list of the Marlu clan, from their own files:

Bleeder
Calidus
Cervina
Cthulu
Dart
Espere
Flamer
Fumble
Leland
Madmountan
Maldric
Milamber
Malevolence
Marl
Mordechai
Rysrin
Sanity
Shakira
Someone
Triumph

Not sure what "files" you are referring to, or where you got them, but that list has folks with little to no association with us, while at the same time also missing some who are associated with us.

Looks like you have some funky mashup of members, DNK, and "friends". Unless your plan is to kill our DNK people, including ones who pay their tolls? That'd be interesting... hope that works out well for ya (especially if you go off killing the other two clerics that were rescuing folks with Maldric last night.)

calidus
06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Tempting, however, I have three goals in posting that:

1) Dispel the "We have so many members" myth.
2) Establish their members as visible targets.
3) Establish who we're going after to banish the "You're attacking random people" accusations (which only the clan is trying to put forward anyway).

Edit: Also, I have specifically not posted their Allies or Payee lists. I only want the clan.

Nice try?

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Not sure what "files" you are referring to, or where you got them, but that list has folks with little to no association with us, while at the same time also missing some who are associated with us.

Looks like you have some funky mashup of members, DNK, and "friends". Unless your plan is to kill our DNK people, including ones who pay their tolls? That'd be interesting... hope that works out well for ya (especially if you go off killing the other two clerics that were rescuing folks with Maldric last night.)

To be fair, that list DOES contain most of our members. I guess my lazy updating of the list is a good thing? :P

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Heh. I have those lists, too.

If any of these people except the leaders publicly renounces the Marlu clan and reforms, they're exempt from death. For the leaders, as I said, things are more complicated. People are clamoring for corpse camping until they cry.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Update:

Name: Crossbone Vanguard

The tentative name of the organization, which is waiting for member confirmation, is Crossbone Vanguard. An ally with the rights to it offered it up as the name of a clan that has spread across a dozen different games with one goal - to fight unjust situations by any means necessary, but always with an eye toward maintaining the community.

Goals:

The Vanguard's immediate goals are the destruction and reformation of the Marlu clan. They are a social disease that needs to be cured. We do not want to back them up to a wall and give them no option. Instead, we want them to respect other players' rights to enjoy the game.

Character:

This is not a nice guild. Tentatively, think of it as a police force that breaks limbs if you break the rules. The main rule is to respect other players. Or "Be Excellent To Each Other." There will obviously be character conflict, and that's good for the game.

Future development waiting on further member input.

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 04:25 PM

If any of these people except the leaders publicly renounces the Marlu clan and reforms, they're exempt from death. For the leaders, as I said, things are more complicated. People are clamoring for corpse camping until they cry.

I can guarantee one person that list is in no way associated with them beyond probably being a do-not-kill because of empath services. I'm not sure the empath will bother making a post or not denouncing (he's AFK 23.5 hours a day and doesn't care about the drama), but it should at least be a consideration that the list isn't entirely accurate, and you may have just griefed some innocent(ish...) people. As for the rest.. BLOOD!

calidus
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM

So you're going to go around killing people randomly because they haven't renounced themselves from a clan they aren't part of, through a forum they may not know about? The motive for these random killings is, of course, that they are "associated with people who do random killings!1!!!11"

Good thinkin'

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM
So you're going to go around killing people randomly because they haven't renounced themselves from a clan they aren't part of, through a forum they may not know about? The motive for these random killings is, of course, that they are "associated with people who do random killings!1!!!11"

Good thinkin'

Unfortunately, the nature of the human ability to lie will create mistakes. We will correct those mistakes given evidence that we were wrong.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM

He's added a few of his personal KOS's to our members.. among other things ;p

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
He's added a few of his personal KOS's to our members.. among other things ;p

I have altered the list in no way, shape or form. It is precisely as given to me.

HJFudge
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Serious note:

Im not sure how you think you will stop us. I mean, we dont mind dying. We dont care about it that much. If it happens, worst case we depart, pot it up, and go kill more.

But I do thank you for getting us some fightin! It'll be fun! :)

Cephalopod
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Fudge says the list "does contain most of our members"... and didn't mention any wrong names on there. You guys need to work on your PR consistency.

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I have altered the list in no way, shape or form. It is precisely as given to me.

And... this doesn't bother you that it could possibly have been manipulated? I mean obviously the list has most of their members, but it's listing people who were unknowns and to the best of my knowledge aren't actively involved in griefing.
My standard disclaimer: I'm all about killing. Just want to make sure I'm not doing someone else's dirty work.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
And... this doesn't bother you that it could possibly have been manipulated? I mean obviously the list has most of their members, but it's listing people who were unknowns and to the best of my knowledge aren't actively involved in griefing.
My standard disclaimer: I'm all about killing. Just want to make sure I'm not doing someone else's dirty work.

Nothing is ever certain or perfect, and with recognition of that, I'm as sure of that list as possible. As I said, there might be mistakes, but we'll fix them. The way to get off that list is pretty simple - don't (or stop) being a jackass.

Fallen
06-29-2010, 04:36 PM
If you can't AFK script, you will get largely left behind in terms of EXP. At that point, you will go to the desert, where bad things happen.

Krienna
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM

I was honestly thinking the same thing. I don't know, but I'd add a few innocent people that I don't mind dying to the list before "leaking" it if I wanted to make the attacking person look bad. Just playing conspiracy theorist here.

Monotonous
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Nothing is ever certain or perfect, and with recognition of that, I'm as sure of that list as possible. As I said, there might be mistakes, but we'll fix them. The way to get off that list is pretty simple - don't (or stop) being a jackass.

Right, but you've already posted it and tainted the names of people who may have not been guilty of anything worthy of the kind of reverse-grief I'm going to be doing. The cat is out of the bag kind of thing. I'm just a little concerned about being manipulated. If someone is "innocent" we're going to look like major dicks from their perspective.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM

OH, then it would seem we, the Marlu Cult, added some of Necen's KOS's to our members list.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Right, but you've already posted it and tainted the names of people who may have not been guilty of anything worthy of the kind of reverse-grief I'm going to be doing. The cat is out of the bag kind of thing. I'm just a little concerned about being manipulated. If someone is "innocent" we're going to look like major dicks from their perspective.

I see your point, and it calls for Rules of Engagement.

1) If you are unsure, disable rather than killing if possible, but either way, kill once, then explain the situation and allow a response.

2) Raise them if possible.

3) If they say they're not part of things, renounce the clan, or refrain from future activities, then give them the benefit of the doubt.

That said, there are some very obvious members on that list who will lie to you (Calidus, Cthulu, etc). Be wary of it. Any future participation or association with Clan Marlu activities re-establishes them on the list.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM

1) If you are unsure, disable rather than killing if possible, but either way, kill once, then explain the situation and allow a response.

3) If they say they're not part of things, renounce the clan, or refrain from future activities, then give them the benefit of the doubt.

That said, there are some very obvious members on that list who will lie to you (Calidus, Cthulu, etc). Be wary of it. Any future participation or association with Clan Marlu activities re-establishes them on the list.

Why would I lie about being in the cult?

I'm in the cult.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
There are players on that list that I know with 100% certainty have never caused anyone in the game any grief, or ever been a jackass. That mean you're going to remove them in a couple of days when they continue to not do anything wrong?

Yes. I'm well aware this response will lead to sleeper cult members, quietly leveling up in order to come back and attack, but nothing else is fair, and it solves the immediate issue.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Why would I lie about being in the cult?

I'm in the cult.

I think he means lying to lie for a liars sake about a lie perpetuated by another lie which in turn was a lie.

Ya' dig?

Liagala
06-29-2010, 04:49 PM

You're entirely too easy on them, you know. You'll have people "renouncing" left and right so that they can go get spelled up and come back to kill you. If they actually wanted fun conflict RP for all, your plan would be great. They don't, though. They want to piss people off, plain and simple.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
You're entirely too easy on them, you know. You'll have people "renouncing" left and right so that they can go get spelled up and come back to kill you. If they actually wanted fun conflict RP for all, your plan would be great. They don't, though. They want to piss people off, plain and simple.

I know, Liagala, but we must give them one chance. If they do pull that, then all bets are off. Those rules don't apply to the worst perpetrators. Kill them until they cry and log out, then script to kill them when they log in.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM

If you go to the extreme you're no better than they are. If you're too soft you end up with your head at your feet. The trick is intimidation. Floor enough of them and the small fry run like lice from a burning wig.

calidus
06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Update:

Name: Crossbone Vanguard

The tentative name of the organization, which is waiting for member confirmation, is Crossbone Vanguard. An ally with the rights to it offered it up as the name of a clan that has spread across a dozen different games with one goal - to fight unjust situations by any means necessary, but always with an eye toward maintaining the community.

Goals:

The Vanguard's immediate goals are the destruction and reformation of the Marlu clan. They are a social disease that needs to be cured. We do not want to back them up to a wall and give them no option. Instead, we want them to respect other players' rights to enjoy the game.

Character:

This is not a nice guild. Tentatively, think of it as a police force that breaks limbs if you break the rules. The main rule is to respect other players. Or "Be Excellent To Each Other." There will obviously be character conflict, and that's good for the game.

Future development waiting on further member input.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3007/cbv.jpg

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Heh. Come up with something better.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3007/cbv.jpg

Fuck photoshop, pros do it with Paint.

Krienna
06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
I spy what looks like a male blow-up doll.

Liagala
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Also...

"Be Excellent To Each Other."

Hell no. New motto, plz.

calidus
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I know, Liagala, but we must give them one chance. If they do pull that, then all bets are off. Those rules don't apply to the worst perpetrators. Kill them until they cry and log out, then script to kill them when they log in.

Do you realize that you killed me a long time ago, completely randomly, before I even knew who you were or was really involved with the "cult"?

Just curious...

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Also...

Hell no. New motto, plz.

'To Vanguard our World;
Lest it become ruled by Crossbones.'

Howzit?

calidus
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
"Be Excellent To Each Other."

Wow.

Y'all have fun over there. :love: :hug2:

calidus
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
'To Vanguard our World;
Lest it become ruled by Crossbones.'

Howzit?

Urge to defect... rising...

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow.

Y'all have fun over there. :love: :hug2:

C'mon Calidus, you know you want in on that action. Admit it.

Lumi
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
I personally loved the Bill & Ted reference, I say stick with it =D

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I think he means lying to lie for a liars sake about a lie perpetuated by another lie which in turn was a lie.

Ya' dig?

Damn that's too much cloak and dagger shit for me. I'll leave that stuff to necen.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Damn that's too much cloak and dagger shit for me. I'll leave that stuff to necen.

Ah. C(old)thulu, you tricky devil you.

Celephais
06-29-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a name suggestion:
Xyelin's Hurricanes

You don't want to know the type of shitstorm they bring.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Ah. C(old)thulu, you tricky devil you.

Never underestimate the sneakiness.

Tordane
06-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Can I lead the third, fourth, fifth, or whatever faction it would be that just kills everyone who is in a faction who isn't in ours? :club:

Liagala
06-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Can I lead the third, fourth, fifth, or whatever faction it would be that just kills everyone who is in a faction who isn't in ours?
We already have one of those. Talk to Mordechai.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Never underestimate the sneakiness.

I'll be sleeping on my back now.

Some Rogue
06-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Malone (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000125/): You wanna know how to get them? They pull a dagger, you pull a claidhmore. He sends one of yours to the empath, you send one of his to the Ebon Gate. *That's* the *Landing* way! And that's how you get them. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Drevihyin
06-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I'll be sleeping on my back now.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/riverduck/60614119_ed0e956e96.jpg

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Also...

Hell no. New motto, plz.

Haha. It's not an official motto, just my reference to Bill and Ted. All of this stuff is up for member review, rejection, and approval.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Do you realize that you killed me a long time ago, completely randomly, before I even knew who you were or was really involved with the "cult"?

Just curious...

It wasn't random; it was a response to Mordechai. Still, I am not this group, and the group's not me. It's much broader than that, and it needs to follow stricter rules than any individual to be successful.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
On a somewhat related note, why the hell did the "mob" choose Marlu? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Marlu doesn't care about your extortion plans, he just wants to destroy everything.

Drunken Durfin
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Extortion was a last minute add I'm guessing.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
On a somewhat related note, why the hell did the "mob" choose Marlu? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Marlu doesn't care about your extortion plans, he just wants to destroy everything.

Murderous Cults gotta make a dollah bill somehow.

Baelog
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
First of all, any "mob" in Shattered should be a group of Giantmen that are Issimir Ogre Clan. If you lame-minded fucks that formed this so-called "mob" would have bothered to read any official docs, you'd know they're actually the Mafia of GemStone, not this half-assed group that was put together to actively grief players.

That being said, I do hope Briars puts together a group of hunter-killer teams that will utterly make your life miserable, and I hope you slam at every opportunity to escape the wrath you've brought down on yourselves.

And another thing, I still can't understand for the life of me why someone like Khariz would associate himself with that group.

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Murderous Cults gotta make a dollah bill somehow.

Can't you just sell narcotics like the other kids?

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
First of all, any "mob" in Shattered should be a group of Giantmen that are Issimir Ogre Clan. If you lame-minded fucks that formed this so-called "mob" would have bothered to read any official docs, you'd know they're actually the Mafia of GemStone, not this half-assed group that was put together to actively grief players.

That being said, I do hope Briars puts together a group of hunter-killer teams that will utterly make your life miserable, and I hope you slam at every opportunity to escape the wrath you've brought down on yourselves.

And another thing, I still can't understand for the life of me why someone like Khariz would associate himself with that group.

Wait - if we don't fit into one of the cultural stereotypes that simu laid out - we're lame minded sexual activity?

For the record though, I am Issimir.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Can't you just sell narcotics like the other kids?

Do you not see the tentacles? A kid hasn't come near me in years :(

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Do you not see the tentacles? A kid hasn't come near me in years :(

Maybe not an Asian one.

...Too soon?

Khariz
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Back to this again, eh?

Read the thread I started and stopped posting in. I don't have to play the same type of character in all servers. This is a different server with different rules. I'm playing a different character. That's really all there is to it.

So silly that people are taking personal offense at it. I'm not playing the same dude as in prime. Not sure what is confusing about it.

Bhaalizmo
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude

I c what u did thar

Ribbons
06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
I c what u did thar

In the few times I've seen your posts you've managed to crack me up. Good show.

Gan
06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Also...

Hell no. New motto, plz.

LOL. Agreed.

That has to be even gayer than most of the vagina whining that's taken place in this thread to date.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 06:51 PM
For some philosophical discussion of what Crossbone Vanguard would be about, please check out this thread: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53647.

Constructive thoughts from anyone are most welcome.

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Updated list:

Bleeder
Calidus
Cervina
Cthulu
Dart
Espere
Flamer
Fumble
Leland - REMOVED. No longer a part of their group.
Madmountan
Maldric - REMOVED. Claims no association, and apologizes for a previous murder.
Milamber
Malevolence
Marl
Mordechai
Rysrin
Sanity
Shakira
Someone
Triumph

Updated list. If you feel you're on this wrongly, just chat with me.

Latrinsorm
06-29-2010, 09:50 PM

Hypocrisy and irony kick ass.This is like a kidnapper calling the judicial system that imprisoned him hypocritical, and is equally inaccurate (and transparent).

Khariz
06-29-2010, 09:55 PM
This is like a kidnapper calling the judicial system that imprisoned him hypocritical, and is equally inaccurate (and transparent).

Not unless Necen is merely impounding my mattock for release when I "get out of jail" or whatever.

To be honest though, maybe he is. He has given me a way to earn it back. I have chosen not to take the opportunity.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I love how Marl is with us

nub
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM

lol wait... you demand silver from people, yet you get upset when someone steals something from you? I don't think anyone will be upset about having to live with griefing an asshole.

Methais
06-29-2010, 11:12 PM

When I'm playing WoW on a pvp server, I gank every red name I see. Look at it like that, emphasis on pvp server.

lol wait... you demand silver from people, yet you get upset when someone steals something from you? I don't think anyone will be upset about having to live with griefing an asshole.

He hasn't once said anything about being upset over it. I'm quite sure he was aware of the possible consequences well beforehand.

A lot of you are just being vaginas.

nub
06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
When I'm playing WoW on a pvp server, I gank every red name I see. Look at it like that, emphasis on pvp server.

He hasn't once said anything about being upset over it. I'm quite sure he was aware of the possible consequences well beforehand.

A lot of you are just being vaginas.

I'm being a vagina about what? Nothing bad has happened to me at all, so I'm not worried about anything that is happening to me. I'm chortling (that's a term I used in Gemstone IV once) about the fact that he's trying to put himself over someone else by saying "you're the one who has to live with it" basically saying what someone else is doing is bad. He already did the whole "WHATEVER FUCK YOU GUYS NOW I'M GONNA DO IT JUST TO PISS PEOPLE OFF". So why would he care or even care to post on what people are doing to him or when talking about him?

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm being a vagina about what? Nothing bad has happened to me at all, so I'm not worried about anything that is happening to me. I'm chortling (that's a term I used in Gemstone IV once) about the fact that he's trying to put himself over someone else by saying "you're the one who has to live with it" basically saying what someone else is doing is bad. He already did the whole "WHATEVER FUCK YOU GUYS NOW I'M GONNA DO IT JUST TO PISS PEOPLE OFF". So why would he care or even care to post on what people are doing to him or when talking about him?

Disarm theft is a level above anything we've done - was his point, ladybug.

nub
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Disarm theft is a level above anything we've done - was his point, ladybug.

And disarming griefers is not a bad thing, nor is it a level above anything yall have done.

Some Rogue
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
You fucking tards can't play innocent about disarming and stealing weapons. You've done the same fucking thing. Don't deny it.

Bhaalizmo
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
And disarming griefers is not a bad thing, nor is it a level above anything yall have done.

Yeah. What nub said.

Khariz
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not even remotely upset that he stole my weapon. I was just saying that up until the point he did that to me, while I was linkdead from the stormfront server issue last night, I had never gone quite that far. In my opinion, killing someone and asking them to pay protection money is not the same thing as permanently depriving someone of their property.

Since i now know that such is acceptable behavior when dealing with those you disagree with now, though, I will be happy to return the favor to the entire town. Just making it clear that it was not me that opened this particular can of worms.

I will, however be keeping a database of all the weapons I take and who they belong to, and will be returning ALL of them to their respective owners the minute Necen returns mine to me. Until them i have no choice but to understand that disarming people and keeping their weapons is acceptable behavior in shattered.

Celephais
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
In my opinion, killing someone and asking them to pay protection money is not the same thing as permanently depriving someone of their property.

I stopped here. I'm curious if your opinion also considers shooting monkeys out of trees to be of relevance in economical discussions ... and if you properly taped and chalked your weapon before it was stolen.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
You fucking tards can't play innocent about disarming and stealing weapons. You've done the same fucking thing. Don't deny it.

Sauce plz.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM

That sounds like permission to me!

::grins::

nub
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
That sounds like permission to me!

::grins::

So you're going to start disarming your fellow Marlu clan members? Why did you need permission from me to do that?

BriarFox
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not even remotely upset that he stole my weapon. I was just saying that up until the point he did that to me, while I was linkdead from the stormfront server issue last night, I had never gone quite that far. In my opinion, killing someone and asking them to pay protection money is not the same thing as permanently depriving someone of their property.

Since i now know that such is acceptable behavior when dealing with those you disagree with now, though, I will be happy to return the favor to the entire town. Just making it clear that it was not me that opened this particular can of worms.

I will, however be keeping a database of all the weapons I take and who they belong to, and will be returning ALL of them to their respective owners the minute Necen returns mine to me. Until them i have no choice but to understand that disarming people and keeping their weapons is acceptable behavior in shattered.

The only thing you will accomplish with this tactic will be to make people hate you more, and thus more willing to join us.

Bhaalizmo
06-29-2010, 11:47 PM
blabla fucking bla

ballz in your mouth

Khariz
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
The only thing you will accomplish with this tactic will be to make people hate you more, and thus more willing to join us.

Lots of people crying about their missing weapons, yes. You can have Necen give mine back whenever you like. I'll return all the ones I've already taken when you do.

Some Rogue
06-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Ask Bloodninja. I saw your boy Calidus playing with her altered weapon in TSC, then when confronted, he completely denied having it, and then finally admitted he did have it but intended to give it back. If I did provide the log, you guys would just claim it was doctored. I don't know why anyone would believe anything you or any of your monkeys would say at this point.

Cthulu
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Ask Bloodninja. I saw your boy Calidus playing with her altered weapon in TSC, then when confronted, he completely denied having it, and then finally admitted he did have it but intended to give it back. If I did provide the log, you guys would just claim it was doctored. I don't know why anyone would believe anything you or any of your monkeys would say at this point.

Are you calling me a racial slur?

RichardCranium
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Are you calling me a racial slur?

The fact that you would equate the term monkey with a racial slur makes you the racist.

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 12:14 AM
The fact that you would equate the term monkey with a racial slur makes you the racist.

The fact that you would call me a racist because I questioned if you were being racist when you were using a racist term leads me to believe that you, in fact, are the racist - and prone to rapist-logic.

Bhaalizmo
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
derp derp derp

deeze nuts

Celephais
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
and prone to rapist-logic.

Rapist?

Bhaalizmo
06-30-2010, 12:19 AM
and prone to rapist-logic.

Freudian slip? Interesting.

4a6c1
06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/pwn-1a.jpg

RichardCranium
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
The fact that you would call me a racist because I questioned if you were being racist when you were using a racist term leads me to believe that you, in fact, are the racist - and prone to rapist-logic.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/troydenh/1701-lg.jpg

RichardCranium
06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/pwn-1a.jpg

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 12:39 AM

Rapist?

"She was wearing a short skirt, she deserved it"

Fortybox
06-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Had some fun earlier today:

Madmountan shakes off the effects of the lullabye.
All of a sudden, Madmountan rolls hard to his side, and then leaps to his feet!
You thrust with a sonic warlance at Madmountan!
AS: +263 vs DS: +180 with AvD: +49 + d100 roll: +85 = +217
... and hit for 41 points of damage!
Flattened Madmountan's right hand.

** As you hit, your sonic warlance unleashes a blast of sonic energy! **
... 45 points of damage!
Strike to Madmountan's throat removes it!

and

Mordechai shakes off the effects of the lullabye.
You thrust with a sonic warlance at Mordechai!
AS: +263 vs DS: +129 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +90 = +257
... and hit for 106 points of damage!
Left leg mangled horribly.
He is stunned!

** With a loud snap, a blast of energy bursts from your sonic warlance! **
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to left hand crushing it to pulp!
Roundtime: 6 sec.

But then Mordechai slammed. Wish you guys would play with me.

:club:

Khariz
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
I played!

Methais
06-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Sauce plz.

http://holydueg.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail4.jpg

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 02:52 AM
But then Mordechai slammed. Wish you guys would play with me.

:club:

I'd be more inclined not to, but Necen/Seph/Garrett/Bhaal/etc. ALL do the slam thing. I'd be silly not to join in on the slamming fun

Some Rogue
06-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Wait. Are you trying to claim you only started slamming because others did? You were the king of it from the beginning and kept bragging how effective it was.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Wait. Are you trying to claim you only started slamming because others did? You were the king of it from the beginning and kept bragging how effective it was.

Didnt even know what Slamming was till Necen did it. Long time ago. Well, not too long. Couple weeks.

subzero
06-30-2010, 05:37 AM
In my opinion, killing someone and asking them to pay protection money is not the same thing as permanently depriving someone of their property.

In my opinion, forcing someone to lose time and money is the same thing as forcing someone to lose time and money.

Cephalopod
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Didnt even know what Slamming was till Necen did it.

Are you new to online gaming?

IorakeWarhammer
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure you knew what slamming was :)

Celephais
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Are you new to online gaming?

Has it always been called slamming? For some reason I have that associated as a gemstone term.

Nostradamus
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
You guys really think Shattered would be this much more entertaining... With out Mordechai and his group running around the landing.. Or Katze who has to kill everyone one time?

Come on, be real there are tons of other towns people could go and hunt in and not even be bothered with these guys....

You are not waking up and going to check to see if you were killed overnight while scripting... of course you are thats half the effing fun of shattered...

If not IMO it would be boring as hell with a bunch of drones running around scripting AFK until capping a few months down the line..

100k in shattered is nothing you make that while sleeping... atleast these guys are RPing a role that makes it more interesting to me.. If not it would just be like prime, pretty dam boring with a bunch of people bowing when they walked past you...:medieval:

IorakeWarhammer
06-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I agree its interesting. Everything they do doesnt annoy me. I really wasnt annoyed until I was killed for the 4th and 5th times afk. then I started a little crusade. PWNED em good too. i would hope for a renegade group thats less gay though, if this is the most evil and sinister we can do then we're all wusses because these guys are not hard to kill at all. I think Katze is the best so far in terms of being a fun enemy. but he wasn't hard to kill either. lol..

Cephalopod
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Has it always been called slamming? For some reason I have that associated as a gemstone term.

I've heard it as slamming since playing the old NWN on AOL, just figured it was a pretty common universal term in gaming.

(We also had 'gating' in NWN... but that was because when you killed someone in PvP, they were sent back to the nearest gate, so you mocked them by singing DESPITE ALL YOUR RAGE YOU ARE STILL JUST A RAT AT THE GAAATE. Man, we were nerds.)

Latrinsorm
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Not unless Necen is merely impounding my mattock for release when I "get out of jail" or whatever.Life sentence, no parole, etc.
Just making it clear that it was not me that opened this particular can of worms.I think you are clever enough to know this is obviously false, but I fear you have tied yourself in such knots of rationalization that you can't bring said cleverness to bear. That would be a sad development.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
I agree its interesting. Everything they do doesnt annoy me. I really wasnt annoyed until I was killed for the 4th and 5th times afk. then I started a little crusade. PWNED em good too. i would hope for a renegade group thats less gay though, if this is the most evil and sinister we can do then we're all wusses because these guys are not hard to kill at all. I think Katze is the best so far in terms of being a fun enemy. but he wasn't hard to kill either. lol..

Nobody is "hard to kill" in gemstone. Especially for a ranker with spikethorn, a sorcerer with implostion etc.

Each class has the skills it uses to get a guaranteed kill on another class of similar levels. Gemstone doesn't exactly have a complicated player character combat system. If you know ewave and it knocks me down for 20 seconds, you pretty much won. If you cast spike thorn and it stuns me for 8 rounds on the first hit, you pretty much won. If I feint you, and swing my maul at your face, I pretty much one.

The LAWL, DEY AREN"T HARD TO KEUL stuff is just silly. Nobody is hard to kill in Shattered right now.

There were some people in Prime that were hard to kill, assuming you were casting spike thorn, implosion, rapid firing boil earth, etc. Madmountan was one of them. When he was geared up for invasions and had all of the scroll casts, third party casts, trinket casts, etc, he was working with 500+ DS in offensive, 485ish TD (and a full plate -CvA), 70ish% redux, full training in skills to mitigate other CMANs as far as possible, padded armor, etc.

In fact even with spike thorn, ask Droit how effective it was. You pretty much had to drop a ton of shit on the floor and open implode to kill him. Or if you were a bard, you could put him to sleep and do whatever. Other than that...if you let him feint you, its was pretty much done. Between CMANs, warcries, and 620+ physical AS it was kinda funny.

An there were plenty of other people like that. Valicar is a good example. Killing him was a son of a bitch and then some. Did people do it occasionally, sure. But in general, he was a force to be reckoned with.

But back to reality here, we are talking about Shattered now. The is no equipment and trinket base for a square to pull that off here. So all you have is a bunch of people with other classes spells on running around hoping they don't get laid out in one shot. It's not really difficult to kill anyone. So while this discussion is fun, at this point, its really only about about who gets the first successful shot of whatever kind.

Liagala
06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
You guys really think Shattered would be this much more entertaining... With out Mordechai and his group running around the landing.. Or Katze who has to kill everyone one time?
Katze's fine. I have no objection to him. I'm fine with danger, thugs, extortion, pretty much anything. My issue is that the Marlu clan shows no respect whatsoever for the players behind the characters. Do what you want to my character. For my player, be reasonable. Have some standards, some rules, and stick to them. At least pretend that we're playing a game together, and both players are worthy of respect. The Marlu clan doesn't do that.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Katze's fine. I have no objection to him. I'm fine with danger, thugs, extortion, pretty much anything. My issue is that the Marlu clan shows no respect whatsoever for the players behind the characters. Do what you want to my character. For my player, be reasonable. Have some standards, some rules, and stick to them. At least pretend that we're playing a game together, and both players are worthy of respect. The Marlu clan doesn't do that.

Sure we do.

I dont even know who your character is in game, so I have no idea what interaction you have or have not had with us.

Perhaps enlightening me would help me to better understand your point.

Because, with nothing else to go on but what you just said, I say you are full of baloney. Because thats nothing like what we do. I'd say yer just listening to BS spouted by Necen and Co.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Life sentence, no parole, etc.

Bad analogy, Latrin. We are talking about property, not people. The state doesn't get to keep the murderer's car, regardless of his sentence length. His family can get it out of impound, etc.

Unless of course we are going to pretend that since my mattock was the murder weapon of so many people, it can stay in the evidence locker for all times. I guess I can accept that.

I think you are clever enough to know this is obviously false, but I fear you have tied yourself in such knots of rationalization that you can't bring said cleverness to bear. That would be a sad development.

No, sir, you are wrong. The word "particular" was in that sentence for a reason. Again, retaliatory killing, even corpse camping, would have been (and will be) completely acceptable to me. Until the point where he took my weapons *******I PERSONALLY********** had never taken anyone's weapon, no matter what they did to me. I can't speak for the actions of people in this Marlu group from BEFORE I JOINED IT. All I know is that no weapons were stole since I was a member.

But if the people who are trying to police us have decided that taking our weapons is a legit response to the problem, then I will do it too. Let me make this clear: I WILL CEASE AND DESIST STEALING WEAPONS, AND WILL RETURN EVERY SINGLE WEAPON I HAVE TAKEN TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER WHEN MY WEAPON IS RETURNED TO ME, AND I WILL THEN NOT TAKE ANY OTHER WEAPONS UNLESS THAT TACTIC IS FIRST RESUMED BY OTHER PARTIES.

I don't understand how I can make that more clear. I don't believe that stealing people's weapons is a legit Tactic in Gemstone. I'm talking about me, and only me, and nobody else. Give me mine, and I return everyone else's. And I'll never take another weapon unless people start taking mine again.

Fortybox
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Nobody is "hard to kill" in gemstone. Especially for a ranker with spikethorn, a sorcerer with implostion etc.

Each class has the skills it uses to get a guaranteed kill on another class of similar levels. Gemstone doesn't exactly have a complicated player character combat system. If you know ewave and it knocks me down for 20 seconds, you pretty much won. If you cast spike thorn and it stuns me for 8 rounds on the first hit, you pretty much won. If I feint you, and swing my maul at your face, I pretty much one.

The LAWL, DEY AREN"T HARD TO KEUL stuff is just silly. Nobody is hard to kill in Shattered right now.

There were some people in Prime that were hard to kill, assuming you were casting spike thorn, implosion, rapid firing boil earth, etc. Madmountan was one of them. When he was geared up for invasions and had all of the scroll casts, third party casts, trinket casts, etc, he was working with 500+ DS in offensive, 485ish TD (and a full plate -CvA), 70ish% redux, full training in skills to mitigate other CMANs as far as possible, padded armor, etc.

In fact even with spike thorn, ask Droit how effective it was. You pretty much had to drop a ton of shit on the floor and open implode to kill him. Or if you were a bard, you could put him to sleep and do whatever. Other than that...if you let him feint you, its was pretty much done. Between CMANs, warcries, and 620+ physical AS it was kinda funny.

An there were plenty of other people like that. Valicar is a good example. Killing him was a son of a bitch and then some. Did people do it occasionally, sure. But in general, he was a force to be reckoned with.

But back to reality here, we are talking about Shattered now. The is no equipment and trinket base for a square to pull that off here. So all you have is a bunch of people with other classes spells on running around hoping they don't get laid out in one shot. It's not really difficult to kill anyone. So while this discussion is fun, at this point, its really only about about who gets the first successful shot of whatever kind.

You are already kind of hard to kill. I got lucky on my sonic crit with you, but even with over a 200 die roll you only took 40ish points of damage with a lance.

Fallen
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I've said it before, and i'll say it again: spell tanked Warriors are the most difficult class in the game to kill. Close second, possibly passing them post-cap would be Spell-tanked Paladins.

Evil Eye is your friend.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I've said it before, and i'll say it again: spell tanked Warriors are the most difficult class in the game to kill. Close second, possibly passing them post-cap would be Spell-tanked Paladins.

Hehe, I guess that's why I listed one of each.

IorakeWarhammer
06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
You gotta ambush them now from hiding before their redux gets so high its hard for them to get critted/knocked down. After their redux is established it's either CS spells or a massively high AS ambushed from hiding with a good crit.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Bad analogy, Latrin. We are talking about property, not people. The state doesn't get to keep the murderer's car, regardless of his sentence length. His family can get it out of impound, etc.

Doesn't the state get to seize any and all property utilized in a crime? Or are you suggesting that murderers get their weapons back when they leave prison?

Fallen
06-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Hehe, I guess that's why I listed one of each.

I agreed 100% with your assessment, and personally think they should return your weapon as a show of good faith.

Fallen
Doesn't the state get to seize any and all property utilized in a crime? Or are you suggesting that murderers get their weapons back when they leave prison?

The state also auctions off property gained through illicit means, don't they?

Liagala
Sure we do.

I dont even know who your character is in game, so I have no idea what interaction you have or have not had with us.

Perhaps enlightening me would help me to better understand your point.

Because, with nothing else to go on but what you just said, I say you are full of baloney. Because thats nothing like what we do. I'd say yer just listening to BS spouted by Necen and Co.
I've said a few times, in threads you read, that I play Bacons and Ferris, among others. I've been careful to avoid much interaction with you guys. I was referring to this conversation (important parts bolded):

>;chat to mordechai Jefferydahmer does have a point. He was repaying Calidus for a death. That's supposed to be "legal" under the rules you set, yet you went and killed him again, and then tried again.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "Jefferydahmer does have a point. He was repaying Calidus for a death. That's supposed to be "legal" under the rules you set, yet you went and killed him again, and then tried again."
[Shattered]-GSF:Spook: "is there a good script to keep up signs when you're hunting?"
[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "All I know about the situation, is Calidus talked to him after, and asked 'Are we square? Are you going to attack me again?' and Jeff said yes. So, Calidus added him"
[Shattered]-Sangreal: ";keepsigns"
[Shattered]-GSF:Boba: "keepsigns"
[Shattered]-GSF:Zavan: "Yeah well I was already on the DNK list according to you when your buddy Cthulu decided to kill me again last night anyway"
[Shattered]-GSF:Spook: "thx"
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "If you ARE on the list, and you are killed by one of us, let me know. I will handle it"
>;chat to Mordechai well at the moment, he has another death to pay you back for. You killed him a while back, he repaid by killing Calidus earlier today. You killed him (as Macros) again, now he owes you another.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "well at the moment, he has another death to pay you back for. You killed him a while back, he repaid by killing Calidus earlier today. You killed him (as Macros) again, now he owes you another."
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "Mistakes happen. We'll probably pay for your potions"
[LNet]-GSF:Shen: "last night you 'accidently' finished me off"
[Shattered]-GSF:Anonymous: ""probably" = fat chance"
>;chat to mordechai As far as I know, he has no intentions toward you other than the one that's owed.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "As far as I know, he has no intentions toward you other than the one that's owed."
[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "Well, that only works if Macros tries. If he tries again with someone hes already tried with...well, that counts as two tries/"
[Shattered]-GSF:Zavan: "according to the conversation I had with you awhile back after three of you had killed me that was it I was on the DNK"
[LNet]-GSF:Mordechai: "Shen We apologized! You were AFK, and a new member needed her initiation"
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "Oh Zavan, how long ago?"
[Shattered]-GSF:Necen: "You can't even play by your own rules? You really do fail at everything."
[Shattered]-GSF:Jefferydahmer: "his rules change often, he probably changed them since then"
[Shattered]-GSF:Zavan: "I don't know maybe week week and a half"
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "Cause we changed to a Pay for Protection system like 2 weeks ago. So if it was longer ago then that you wouldnt be on the list"
[Shattered]-GSF:Buddy: "management Mordechai. Ya need to manage your henchmen"
[LNet]-GSF:Shen: "why stir up all this trouble Mord? Is it worth it?"
>;chat to Mordechai Wait. So you can repay Jefferydahmer killing Calidus by taking Macros out (counting alts as the same person), but he's not allowed to do the same? He can only attack you with Macros? A little unfair, IMO.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "Wait. So you can repay Jefferydahmer killing Calidus by taking Macros out (counting alts as the same person), but he's not allowed to do the same? He can only attack you with Macros? A little unfair, IMO."
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "Yes actually, Im having a blast"
[LNet]-GSF:Shen: "well at least someone is"
[Shattered]-GSF:Anonymous: "I'm just waiting for the day he rubs his crew the wrong way and his entire band if brigands turns against him."
[Shattered]-GSF:Chii: "it's his raison de etre, although infamy seems to be a poor choice, in the end"
[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "Well yeah we dont play fair...never claimed to"
[Shattered]-GSF:Doug: "Won't happen. They are born bootlickers, they'll keep licking the boot even as it crushes their head into the dirt."
[Shattered]-GSF:Buddy: "give it a few more weeks when the lvl gap continues."
>;chat to Mordechai You claimed to stick to your rules. If your rules allow counting alts as the same person, then you should stick to them.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "You claimed to stick to your rules. If your rules allow counting alts as the same person, then you should stick to them."
[Shattered]-GSF:Doug: "I mean, come on, if they had balls they'd be doing it for themselves."
[Shattered]-GSF:Auryana: "what if I pay you to put yourself on the kill on sight list..."
[LNet]-GSF:Shen: "the problem is, it's so easy to die, that anyone can kill anyone with the right spells and situations"
[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "But our rules for members and rules for everyone else are different. We're a band of thieves! Its...what we do"
[Shattered]-GSF:Mordechai: "How much are you paying Auryana?"
[LNet]-GSF:Auryana: "how much would it take for your entire operation to go away for 2 weeks?"
>;chat to Mordechai See, now you killed it. I realize you have no care whatsoever, but up until just now, I had respect for you, if not the rest of your clan. I didn't like the killing, but everything I saw at least pointed to some odd sort of honor. Oh well.
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Mordechai: "See, now you killed it. I realize you have no care whatsoever, but up until just now, I had respect for you, if not the rest of your clan. I didn't like the killing, but everything I saw at least pointed to some odd sort of honor. Oh well."

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
I've said a few times, in threads you read, that I play Bacons and Ferris, among others. I've been careful to avoid much interaction with you guys. I was referring to this conversation (important parts bolded):

I fail to see how that, in any way, shape, or form, shows lack of respect for a Player behind a character.

In fact, this post just goes further to show that we are indeed reasonable people.

You asked why, I gave you the reason why.

Just because you dont like the reason doesnt mean we're mean horrible folk

Methais
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
You gotta ambush them now from hiding before their redux gets so high its hard for them to get critted/knocked down. After their redux is established it's either CS spells or a massively high AS ambushed from hiding with a good crit.

Boy it sure is a good thing you're here to tell us this stuff.

Liagala
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM

[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "But our rules for members and rules for everyone else are different.

^ Lack of respect for other players.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM

I said that by the way. Did you miss the second half of that post?

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:40 AM

[Private]-GSF:Mordechai: "But our rules for members and rules for everyone else are different.

^ Lack of respect for other players.

No. It does not equal that at all.

Our rules for members are different than our rules for everyone else. Thats the same way it is for almost every single organization out there. Members of the Military can do all sorts of things Civilians would be arrested for doing.

And fair fights are for suckers.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Our rules for members are different than our rules for everyone else. Thats the same way it is for almost every single organization out there. Members of the Military can do all sorts of things Civilians would be arrested for doing.

Military still answers to civilian authority.

Fallen
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
And the military is held to a higher standard in regards to the law than any civilian body. The anology was terrible.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Military still answers to civilian authority.

That has nothing to do with the point at hand. It does answer to civilian authority. But, its members can still do all sorts of shit that civilians would be arrested for doing.

Nice try at the red herring though.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:44 AM
And the military is held to a higher standard in regards to the law than any civilian body. The anology was terrible.

Two tries!

Keep going guys! Lets get a hat trick for Missing The Point!

Huzzah!

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
That has nothing to do with the point at hand. It does answer to civilian authority. But, its members can still do all sorts of shit that civilians would be arrested for doing.

Nice try at the red herring though.

Your logic is still flawed. They can't do all sorts of shit, as you refer to it, to citizens. They can't do it on US soil, and they are held to a much higher standard. A better way to phrase it would be that civilians can do all sorts of shit military members can't do.

Fallen
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
There is no sense in further arguing the point, R. Your first sentence is all that's needed.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Your logic is still flawed. They can't do all sorts of shit, as you refer to it, to citizens. They can't do it on US soil, and they are held to a much higher standard. A better way to phrase it would be that civilians can do all sorts of shit military members can't do.

Sure there are things that civilians can do that military people cant do.

But, once again. Nothing at all to do with what I said.

There's plenty of shit that military folk can do that civilian folk would be arrested for doing.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
There's plenty of shit that military folk can do that civilian folk would be arrested for doing.

Like?

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

Unless of course we are going to pretend that since my mattock was the murder weapon of so many people, it can stay in the evidence locker for all times. I guess I can accept that.

No, sir, you are wrong. The word "particular" was in that sentence for a reason. Again, retaliatory killing, even corpse camping, would have been (and will be) completely acceptable to me. Until the point where he took my weapons *******I PERSONALLY********** had never taken anyone's weapon, no matter what they did to me. I can't speak for the actions of people in this Marlu group from BEFORE I JOINED IT. All I know is that no weapons were stole since I was a member.

But if the people who are trying to police us have decided that taking our weapons is a legit response to the problem, then I will do it too. Let me make this clear: I WILL CEASE AND DESIST STEALING WEAPONS, AND WILL RETURN EVERY SINGLE WEAPON I HAVE TAKEN TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER WHEN MY WEAPON IS RETURNED TO ME, AND I WILL THEN NOT TAKE ANY OTHER WEAPONS UNLESS THAT TACTIC IS FIRST RESUMED BY OTHER PARTIES.

I don't understand how I can make that more clear. I don't believe that stealing people's weapons is a legit Tactic in Gemstone. I'm talking about me, and only me, and nobody else. Give me mine, and I return everyone else's. And I'll never take another weapon unless people start taking mine again.

Before you got here Calidus took a few weapons and gave them all back.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Like?

Get onto a military base (yes yes some contractors and others can too but thats beside the point).

You ever try to get on a military base without a military ID or riding with someone who does have one?

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Get onto a military base (yes yes some contractors and others can too but thats beside the point).

You ever try to get on a military base without a military ID or riding with someone who does have one?

That's really your argument? Your organization is allowed to have separate rules and you use the military as an analogy, with access to military bases as the central point to your logic?
Really?

AnticorRifling
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Yes....it's easy.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
That's really your argument? Your organization is allowed to have separate rules and you use the military as an analogy, with access to military bases as the central point to your logic?
Really?

It illustrates the fact that our choosing to have one set of rules for Us and another for Them is both reasonable and to be expected, and is in no way, shape or form disrespectful.

But please, continue to close your eyes, plug your ears, go WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as loud as you possibly can and not address the point :)

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM

As a member of the military, I'm kinda curious as to what I can do that civilians can't as well ;p

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Your analogy is horrid and inept at best, as the military derives its rules from civilian authority, answers to civilian authority, can be revoked by civilian authority, and at all times on US soil, are subject to both military law and civilian law.

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes....it's easy.

And that would depend on the base.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Your analogy is horrid and inept at best, as the military derives its rules from civilian authority, answers to civilian authority, can be revoked by civilian authority, and at all times on US soil, are subject to both military law and civilian law.

Yes, and that civilian authority has given the military authority to do things that civilians cannot.

Getting onto a military base is simply the first one that came to mind. And despite your ignorant protestations otherwise, it fits!

IorakeWarhammer
06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
although I hate to do it I must rise to Mordie's defense for a moment here.

in Shattered no one has to be ethical. but if you're harassing players you could be subject to extra ordinary ownage. I found some of their conduct very very annoying but really in Shattered anything goes guys. what do you think those silent scripters all over Elanthia are planning, to sit at the Hearthstone and sing kumbayaa? give me a break. this is war people. here's the options people have:

1. leave town. it might be a hijrah for you. (meaning it's hard to leave but it's a blessing in disguise)

2. kill him enough that he realizes the opportunity cost is too great to fuck with you

3. suck it up

4. continue bending over

5. let the community know Mordie is annoying (like I did), and people will band together to dispose of them, like Necen is doing.

WHAT SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION:

6. crying, whining, taking it personally.

Lumi
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Yes, it does, and denying that is first-class douchebaggery.

Yes, and that civilian authority has given the military authority to do things that civilians cannot.

Getting onto a military base is simply the first one that came to mind. And despite your ignorant protestations otherwise, it fits!

This analogy is so full of fail, but I guess that's just keeping with your established standard. Yay consistency?

although I hate to do it I must rise to Mordie's defense for a moment here.

in Shattered no one has to be ethical. but if you're harassing players you could be subject to extra ordinary ownage. I found some of their conduct very very annoying but really in Shattered anything goes guys. what do you think those silent scripters all over Elanthia are planning, to sit at the Hearthstone and sing kumbayaa? give me a break. this is war people. here's the options people have:

1. leave town. it might be a hijrah for you. (meaning it's hard to leave but it's a blessing in disguise)

2. kill him enough that he realizes the opportunity cost is too great to fuck with you

3. suck it up

4. continue bending over

5. let the community know Mordie is annoying (like I did), and people will band together to dispose of them, like Necen is doing.

WHAT SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION:

6. crying, whining, taking it personally.

Claiming that what "everyone else" is doing falls under 6, instead of 2 and 5, is at best trying to be incendiary and bait them into sinking to Clan Marlu's level. This isn't bitching and whining, this is appealing to the offenders to knock it the fuck off, and when that failed, taking action. Telling someone who is being an asshole that he is being an asshole != whining, crying, etc.

But hey, claiming that is great for rationalization.

AnticorRifling
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Not really. Unless you're talking about a base outside of the US, then maybe. But here on CONUS it's not difficult to get on base sans military ID.

Lulfas
06-30-2010, 12:01 PM

I'd kill to be complaining about 4 or 5 deaths. I've had 8 in the last 48 hours to the Derp Squad.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 12:03 PM

Again, your logic is flawed, as civilian authority can access a military base at any time.

I think the point is that despite the overwhelming protestation against your activities, you continue to stretch the bounds of logic and reason to support your tepid and weak position. The best counterpoint you can muster when this is pointed out is to accuse the majority of whining and crying, deflecting the argument away from the original point.

What I find most amusing are the posts which you claim you want people to have fun, but only the type of fun you dictate and at your ruleset.

No matter how you attempt to whitewash it, a small group of people are disturbing a much larger group for their own, petty amusement. Call yourselves griefers and be done with it; the attempts to create a justification make you look weak and petty, in addition to ignorant.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Needing to kill people who are under the sovereignty of another country because the people are douchebags and coining the term enemy combatant to kill the fuckers while ignoring the general sovereignty of said other country?

Not that I disagree with that move at all, but if I flew over to Iraq as a private citizen and shot some Iranian in the head because he looked like a known terror suspect, I likely wouldn't "get away with it".

Granted, militaries have rules of engagement, etc. and shooting that bastard in the head would likely have taken 15 minutes longer than it should have while everyone coordinated this and that, etc.

But this is what Mordechai is taking about. So person ABCDE kills Calidus in Krolvin. We know about it because we are in his military and have intel on our guys, so we respond to the scene and kill the enemy combatant for that reason. Not for extortion, as our normal goal goes, not for Calidus revenge, that's up to him later. Subsequently adding ABCDE to our KOS list is us officially adding him to our enemy combatant list, and mercilessly going after him at every opportunity with our drones (locates), and our scouts, and our bombs, etc.

A military analogy can be had here. Perhaps a stretch, but its still true that we give ourselves the ability to do things that people normally could not do due to being involved in combat. We can also define and re-define terms to meet our needs so that combat can continue as we see fit. It's not all that dissimilar to real world politics. If Pakistan really gave a shit that we were crossing their boarders and kicking the shit out of people they'd do something about it (if they could). Necen and others give a shit, so they are fighting back. Our "military" has to adapt, by modifying rules of engagement.

When he brought disarming and stealing weapons into the mix, its like when a traditional army was confronted with guerrilla warfare. Darn if they didn't have to adopt guerrilla tactics if they wanted to keep winning.

I'm not saying that we are the good guys, nor am I saying that we have any kind of moral high ground whatsoever, I'm just pointing out that some military analogy is possible.

IorakeWarhammer
06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd kill to be complaining about 4 or 5 deaths. I've had 8 in the last 48 hours to the Derp Squad.

"A believer is not stung from the same hole twice." ~the Prophet Muhammad

meaning that if you keep getting burned, don't go to those areas if you obviously can't defend yourself. wait til bigger players due a surge into the area and clear it out. get a level 30 rogue or so to stalk you and when they enter the room have 'em pop out with 400 AS to the face.

I think you should move to EN. the Icemule haven sounds good.

but yeah, the GMs do need to cut some of the edge off of death's sting.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Needing to kill people who are under the sovereignty of another country because they people are douchebags and coining the term enemy combatant to kill the fuckers while ignoring the general sovereignty of said other country?

You do realize that only the civilian authority can grant authorization to initiate this action to begin with, right? And that civilian authority can revoke said action as well, correct?

You sure you want to keep this charade analogy up?

Cephalopod
06-30-2010, 12:08 PM
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/shit_just_got_real.jpg

Ribbons
06-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Hm...the base in Twentynine Palms just waves people through so long as they flash a valid ID. The base in Yuma Arizona has a day pass center were people flash an ID and you get a pass that allows 24 hour access to certain areas. It's not that hard to get into a base in the states. Outside it's a little more difficult.

Ribbons
06-30-2010, 12:09 PM

'like seriously why would a 1400 year old Holy Text have ANYTHING to do.. with an American computer nerd like myself..'

You're a true believer alright.

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 12:10 PM
You do realize that only the civilian authority can grant authorization to initiate this action to begin with, right? And that civilian authority can revoke said action as well, correct?

You really have no clue what your talking about. But please, continue posting and showing everyone, once again, you are a complete moron.

Cephalopod
06-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Muhammad was one kinky mother-fucker.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
You really have no clue what your talking about. But please, continue posting and showing everyone, once again, you are a complete moron.

Lol, that's your retort? "You're wrong" and no supporting evidence, contrary or correcting information, etc?

Weak sauce.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM

There is no civilian authority in GEMSTONE. Get it through your skull. I'm playing a military dictatorship where Mordechai gets to coin the terms as he sees fit.

GS Prime may be a place where he can't get away with that, but here he can be a dictator. I am analogizing military decisionmaking, not underlying governmental structure and red tape.

AnticorRifling
06-30-2010, 12:14 PM

Fuck yo couch! ~ Rick James

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Lol, that's your retort? "You're wrong" and no supporting evidence, contrary or correcting information, etc?

Weak sauce.

Talking about the differences between what a civilian can do and what someone who is in the military can do has nothing to do with Authority, chain of command, who authorizes what, or anything.

It simply has to do with this: Civilian people can do things Military people cannot. Military people can do things Civilian people cannot.

Dont try to bring something that has nothing at all to do with what has been posted and pretend as if you've made some great, stellar point.

Rinualdo
06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
There is no civilian authority in GEMSTONE. Get it through your skull. I'm playing a military dictatorship where Mordechai gets to coin the terms as he sees fit.

GS Prime may be a place where he can't get away with that, but here he can be a dictator. I am analogizing military decisionmaking, not underlying governmental structure and red tape.

So the analogy is only good until its flaws are pointed out to you?

What part of accessing a military base is military decision making, btw?

HJFudge
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
So the analogy is only good until its flaws are pointed out to you?

What part of accessing a military base is military decision making, btw?

Again. KHARIZ didnt mention military bases. I did.

What the hell are you bringing that up in response to HIS post for? He hasnt said much, if anything, on that subject.

No, no. I know why you are doing it. Its called Trolling. And here I am feeding it.

Ribbons
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
It simply has to do with this: Civilian people can do things Military people cannot. Military people can do things Civilian people cannot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSSIAN-RPG-7-ROCKET-PROPELLED-GRENADE-1-6-MODEL-1-WD-/230493006994?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35aa742c92#ht_5470wt_911

Well fuck, looks like the Military has none of those.

Khariz
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
GWB sits down and says, "Listen, we really need to find a way to kill these towel heads, cuz they are pissing me the fuck off."

General soandso says, "No problem, our middle eastern strategist got together with JAG, and we have determined that if we call them "Enemy Combatants" and point out to the world that they don't operate under the banner of any particular country, we should be able to kill them all with very little worldwide bickering."

GWB says, "Sweet, you think Congress will go for it?"

General soandso says, "Yeah, no problem, we already ran it by the sub-committee. The senators say that their constituents are still pissed about 9/11 so they won't mind killing towelheads regardless of what country they are from orginally."

VOICEOVER: The Bill passed easily through Congress. All authority for all military engagements in the middle east is handed over to the present so that the public doesn't wonder why the president was killing people without "civilian authority". It was really just a technicality. GWB would have had government lawyers translate executive power in a way that he could have kept up the war for years regardless of approval from Congress.

GWB says, "SUHWEEET! RESPECT MAH AUTHROITAY!"

AnticorRifling
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Was he taking it personal? Because you know we don't do that.

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Not really. Unless you're talking about a base outside of the US, then maybe. But here on CONUS it's not difficult to get on base sans military ID.

Are you talking about fence hopping or trying to legitimately get through a gate? Either way, depends on the base.

theatrix
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Sooooo I think the obvious next question is...

How much does Clan Marlu need to pay the Crossboner Defenders in order to incentivize them to "turn a blind eye"? Will 10% of profits and amnesty of their members do the trick?

Cthulu
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Again, your logic is flawed, as civilian authority can access a military base at any time.

I think the point is that despite the overwhelming protestation against your activities, you continue to stretch the bounds of logic and reason to support your tepid and weak position. The best counterpoint you can muster when this is pointed out is to accuse the majority of whining and crying, deflecting the argument away from the original point.

What I find most amusing are the posts which you claim you want people to have fun, but only the type of fun you dictate and at your ruleset.

No matter how you attempt to whitewash it, a small group of people are disturbing a much larger group for their own, petty amusement. Call yourselves griefers and be done with it; the attempts to create a justification make you look weak and petty, in addition to ignorant.

However civilian authority cannot enforce justice on military soil without military accompaniment/approval.