PDA

View Full Version : PMS

DianaBanana
04-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Sucks. :thumbsdown:

Myshel
04-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes it does, I never thought I had it, but I do notice that the day before I get very quiet and withdrawn. I'm usually an up person, so everyone thinks I'm in a bad mood. I'm not, just don't like to interact with people. Is that considered a bad mood?:?:

DianaBanana
04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
I get weak and depressed for a few days. It totally sucks. I'll spend those few days overanalyzing every little thing that bothers me even though there's probably nothing wrong.

Edaarin
04-04-2004, 12:49 PM
On behalf of the men here, I request this thread be thrown into a cellar and not ever allowed out into the light of day again. It can too easily lead to the dreaded discussion of...argh, I can't even say it.

Hulkein
04-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I second that. :thumbsup:

Bobmuhthol
04-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Yay4Edaarin+Hulk

Jazuela
04-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Tampons? Menstrual bleeding? Are these things more repulsive to even consider than whipping a penis out of a still-up pair of pants and letting urine spew in a projectile against a ceramic wall? Or how about nocturnal emissions? Farts? Vomit? Shit?

Personally the idea of eating a boiled egg is far more repulsive to me than any of the above. The other things are all nothing more than natural functions of the body. Boiled eggs are just..disgusting.

Skirmisher
04-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I <3 boiled eggs.

Latrinsorm
04-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jazuela
Are these things more repulsive to even consider than whipping a penis out of a still-up pair of pants and letting urine spew in a projectile against a ceramic wall? The answer to that, and all your questions, is an emphatic yes.

Sean
04-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I also don't recall anyone trying to discuss those?

Artha
04-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I second, third, fourth, and fifth Edaarin's plea.

Edaarin
04-04-2004, 02:00 PM
We're not here to discuss the ricochet effect of urinals either, damn it.

Although a thread on urinal etiquette would go towards better serving humanity.

HarmNone
04-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Jazuela, is there not some specific aromatherapy that will help? I do not suffer from PMS, but I imagine it to be pretty damned miserable!

HarmNone, empathizing

Snapp
04-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Jazuela, is there not some specific aromatherapy that will help? I do not suffer from PMS, but I imagine it to be pretty damned miserable!

HarmNone, empathizing

Yes, please let us know! Maybe I could be burning a candle in the office for my boss-lady when she gets all crazy once a month.

Tisket
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Why are men so touchy about this? And y'all try bleeding five days a month and see how cranky you get ;)

DianaBanana
04-04-2004, 04:32 PM
My boyfriend isnt bothered by conversations about this stuff. It's such a nice change. Some guys can handle it and some guys are wusses. :D

Skirmisher
04-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Maybe that has something to do with why he has a girlfriend and some others......don't.:smilegrin:

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Skirmisher]

DianaBanana
04-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Maybe that has something to do with why he has a girlfriend and some others......don't.:smilegrin:

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Skirmisher]

:clap:

Jazuela
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Aromatherapy treatments for various PMS type things:

Vick's Vaporub or BenGay (or any similar menthol-based substance such as TigerBalm) works wonders on muscle pain in the lower back and cramps. Be SURE to wash your hands thoroughly after applying it.

Oil of lavender (lavendula agustifolia or lavendula officinalis) applied undiluted to the temples and throat can assist in balancing seratonin levels, restoring a more harmonious state of mind and reducing depression.

Chamomile tea, no milk, with lemon and honey (no regular sugar or artificial sweetener!) is awesome in the early evening to help ease you into a more restful sleep.

To -promote- menstruation if you are experiencing long-term PMS and want to just get it over with - rose absolute, though extremely expensive, can induce contractions. Dilute 1 drop per tablespoon of any vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil but any veggie oil will work fine), and massage into abdomen and lower back area. Drinking raspberry leaf tea will help as well, but the cramping will be more severe when it finally shows up.

As with all aromatherapy, use sparingly, and do -not- use "scented" oils. Only pure extracted or distilled oils from the actual plants will work, the rest will just smell nice and not offer any other benefit.

Souzy
04-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DianaBanana
Sucks. :thumbsdown:

Just out of spite, I'm bumping this thread, bwahaha!!!

PMS sucks big time. I get all emotional, like cry. Then I get snappy and feel like I'm 500 lbs. I HATE IT.

Bobmuhthol
04-04-2004, 05:48 PM
http://www.marbles.nl/old/cam/old/pms.jpg

Souzy
04-04-2004, 05:55 PM
LOL!

Satira
04-04-2004, 06:02 PM
The best thing you can do for yourself if you have PMS is drink Black Cohosh Tea.

It's the best thing for PMS. Raspberry leaf tea works okay (like Jazuela said), but it usually works better for women who are having constant hormonal problems. Not just associated with the monthly cycle.

The only downside is that it tastes like wet fall leaves. But just gulp it down.

TheEschaton
04-04-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm not uncomfortable with menstruation. However, some things should be private.

Besides, do I go around talking about masturbation or my bowel movements? I think not.

-TheE-
P.S. any "feminine hygiene" product should have a disclaimer at the beginning of the commercial, so men can flip the channel before being lured in by some attractive female......talking about tampons.

DeV
04-04-2004, 06:18 PM
There is nothing private about PMS. If you have a girlfriend you have to deal with it, if your a woman you have to live with it. So, why not talk about it. You should be taking notes on how to help your woman deal with it if she doesn't already know.

Artha
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
So, why not talk about it.

So yeah...earlier, I took a giant dump. Actually, giant doesn't describe it. A monstrous dump. No...a massive dump. Wait, I know...a MONUMENTAL dump.

Screw it, let's just say I feel 10 pounds lighter, and the bathroom stinks really bad.

Satira
04-04-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm glad I have a boyfriend who is understanding to the issue and doesn't compare it to taking a giant poop.

Jazuela
04-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Let all listen to the wisdom that is DarkelfVold!

Latrinsorm
04-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Lady Satira
I'm glad I have a boyfriend who is understanding to the issue and doesn't compare it to taking a giant poop. Crapping is more universal and just as natural as menstruation. Neither are appropriate for "polite" conversation.

I would hardly define the PC as "polite" conversation, but I'd like to think there's some unwritten laws we don't break.

Satira
04-04-2004, 06:43 PM
It's a joke if you think the PC has unwritten laws.

If us girls want to talk about PMS, then just don't read the thread. No one is forcing you.

If you want to make a thread about giant dumps for you boys, then go right ahead.

We also aren't saying. OH yeah I was BLEEDING all over the place, down my legs, on the floor, OH YEAH.

This was tame conversation about it. I'd hardly compare it to Artha's DUMP analogy.

DianaBanana
04-04-2004, 06:45 PM
I wasnt talking about Aunt Flow damnit...I was talking about how it makes me feel like crap before I even get it. You are the ones who turned this into a menstruation issue. I just wanted to bitch about the PMS.

Satira
04-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Amen.

Tisket
04-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
I'm not uncomfortable with menstruation. However, some things should be private.

The issue isnt about menstruation, it's about PRE menstruation. Which has nothing to do with blood (except spilling the blood of those who get in the way during that period, pun intended)

Tsa`ah
04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
That time of the month doesn't bother me. I don't think my wife has made a single trip to the store for "provisions" in over 5 years.

PMS, that's a different story, and yes ... IT SUCKS... BAD AND HARD!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Anything that bleeds 5 days a month and survives is likely undead and should be released.

Satira
04-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Once again with the bleeding. It's always the men who relate PMS to actually having your period.

Also, that's a comment that I've only heard from two kind of people. 16 year old boys, and one male homosexual.

Which are you?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Heh, I'm someone with a sense of humor. Clearly you, are not.

ThisOtherKingdom
04-04-2004, 07:21 PM
On the contrary, anyone who thinks that joke is funny and/or original, is clearly lacking in the sense of humor department.

Satira
04-04-2004, 07:21 PM
I just prefer jokes I haven't heard a trillion times.

Jazuela
04-04-2004, 07:23 PM
HobbitMage wrote:

Anything that bleeds 5 days a month and survives is likely undead and should be released.

I respond:

HAHAHAHAHAA! That's great! And the girls I showed it to think it's great too. It's good to know some people can find humor in all this. Trust me, it DOES help.

She who is currently laughing through the middle of her PMS moment.

Edited to add: I didn't think it was exactly original, but I hadn't heard it phrased that way before. And I thought it was funny. And I'm a female. With PMS. At the moment. Like it says on my t-shirt:

It's that time of month again, and what I need is some kindness and understanding.

Otherwise, I'll bury a fork in your chest.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Jazuela]

Hulkein
04-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Never trust anything that bleeds for five days out of a month and doesn't die.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2004, 07:24 PM
LOL. I like it, and seeing as how boyfriend/girlfiend like to post supporting each others dumb asses, how about this.

Only person I've ever heard of using "It's always the men who relate PMS to actually having your period." are bitches and cunts. Which one are you?

Satira
04-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Both, and proud.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Clearly.

To answer your steers/queers euphemism, I was once 16 and don't see anything wrong with homosexuals. Though I am curious what you have against them, as you intended it to insult me.

Tisket
04-04-2004, 07:31 PM

It's that time of month again, and what I need is some kindness and understanding.

Otherwise, I'll bury a fork in your chest.

This is what I want on MY tee shirt. LOL.

Satira
04-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Actually, I really only have heard it from those two types of people.

Besides that, I know you aren't gay. I was genuinely curious if you were young. I suppose it's just your advanced sense of humor that was throwing me off.

Latrinsorm
04-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Anything that bleeds 5 days a month and survives is likely undead and should be released. Well done. :lol:

Bobmuhthol
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
<<I was genuinely curious if you were young.>>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ha.

Nakiro
04-05-2004, 01:32 AM
My girlfriend gets backaches, and occasionally gets overmoody. Other than that, things go fine.

Souzy
04-05-2004, 01:35 AM
I just came back from watching Hell Boy. I will admit that I cried in one scene due to PMS. That is all.

Shari
04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Aromatherapy treatments for various PMS type things:

Vick's Vaporub or BenGay (or any similar menthol-based substance such as TigerBalm) works wonders on muscle pain in the lower back and cramps. Be SURE to wash your hands thoroughly after applying it.

Oil of lavender (lavendula agustifolia or lavendula officinalis) applied undiluted to the temples and throat can assist in balancing seratonin levels, restoring a more harmonious state of mind and reducing depression.

Chamomile tea, no milk, with lemon and honey (no regular sugar or artificial sweetener!) is awesome in the early evening to help ease you into a more restful sleep.

To -promote- menstruation if you are experiencing long-term PMS and want to just get it over with - rose absolute, though extremely expensive, can induce contractions. Dilute 1 drop per tablespoon of any vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil but any veggie oil will work fine), and massage into abdomen and lower back area. Drinking raspberry leaf tea will help as well, but the cramping will be more severe when it finally shows up.

As with all aromatherapy, use sparingly, and do -not- use "scented" oils. Only pure extracted or distilled oils from the actual plants will work, the rest will just smell nice and not offer any other benefit.

VICKS! That is the like, BEST IDEA EVER!

<writes all this down>

I usually use a heating pad but I crank it up to the highest (because I get the worst cramps) I end up burning myself.

Meos
04-05-2004, 01:39 AM
it sucks when you pinch dick in your zipper.

Shari
04-05-2004, 01:46 AM
I tend to get overemotional when I'm PMSing. Like the week before all the really horrible shit happens...I cry about EVERYTHING. I was having a normal conversation with my boyfriend last month and burst into tears. He and I both started laughing at my hysterics, at which I started crying harder and told him I was locking myself in the room because I felt like an idiot.

But usually all the really bad stuff happens during the part that the little boys don't want to talk about.

OH! If you're a guy who is sensative to girl issues...READ NO FURTHER!

My boyfriend=totally disgusted by girl stuff.

That being said my mom and I were discussing period issues and he started freaking out, putting his hands over his ears and singing really loudly. So my mom (crazy as she is, gotta love her) dissapears for a few minutes and Scott and I are talking in the living room and she walks in with a glass in her hand.

Inside is the cotton part of a tampon sitting in water. She's all like..."See, this is what happens when it gets wet, it expands and absorbs!" Boyfriend clamps his hand over his mouth (mind you he's 26 years old for christ's sake!) and bolts out of the house screaming. He wouldn't come back until he was promised it was disposed of. Of course this wasn't until roughly 15 minutes later because my mother and I were laughing so hard we could hardly move.

Maybe guys who didn't grow up with any girls in the household (aside from their mother) are the ones who freak out the most. My brother could care less when we talk about that stuff. Who knows.

Edaarin
04-05-2004, 01:49 AM
A vampire walks into a bar, and asks for a warm glass of water. The bartender says, why do you want water, you're obviously a vampire. The vampire says, "Haven't you ever seen someone make tea?" and pulls out a used tampon.

Meos
04-05-2004, 01:58 AM
what does one lesbian vampire say to the other?

- see you next month.

Myshel
04-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Any man who wants to have a woman in his life will have to learn to deal with it, because he WILL be dealing with it for 12 weeks a year.

Jazuela
04-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Warning for the weakminded: don't read. Boys who can't tolerate pain, this means y0uz.

I had my tubes tied around 10 years ago. Scar tissue formed from the surgery -on- a nerve.

So now when I get the first onset of cramps, it's really bad cramps (which I always had problems with) plus a searing burning stabbing jabbing white-hot poker thrust against the lower right part of my abdomen. The pain travels down my leg to my knee, around my back, and up my side to my shoulder. It hurts so bad that standing up is not an option, sitting down is too hard to breath, and laying down puts more pressure on the nerve, making it worse (if you can imagine worse!)

Solution: I crawl to bed anyway after taking an Alieve (or percosette if I have any - doctor gives me 5 per month if I remember to call in advance for them) and rock back and forth, crying, until it stops.

Lasts around an hour, non-stop.

Tendarian
04-05-2004, 08:28 AM
All you need to do is learn to tune them out,which is easy enough when you are a guy. It shocked me at first when i moved in with gf and her two daughters but now its fine. They even sometimes warn me before so i can tune out in time.

Parkbandit
04-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
We're not here to discuss the ricochet effect of urinals either, damn it.

Although a thread on urinal etiquette would go towards better serving humanity.

Aim for the cake man.... aim for the cake.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-05-2004, 09:34 AM
A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up and down the aisles. The sales girl notices him and asks him if she can help him.
He answers that he is looking for a box of tampons for his wife.

She directs him down the correct aisle. A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls and a ball of string on the counter. She says, confused, "Sir, I thought you were looking for some tampons for your wife?

He answers, " You see, it's like this, yesterday, I sent my wife to the store to get me a carton of cigarettes, and she came back with a tin of tobacco and some rolling papers; cause it's sooooooooooo much cheaper. So, I figure if I have to roll my own ............. so does she.

Nakiro
04-05-2004, 10:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheEschaton
04-05-2004, 11:58 AM

Are you kidding? That causes massive splatter. You always aim for the part of the urinal where the arc of descent is parallel to the wall, so it just flows on down.

-TheE-

Atlanteax
04-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up and down the aisles. The sales girl notices him and asks him if she can help him.
He answers that he is looking for a box of tampons for his wife.

She directs him down the correct aisle. A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls and a ball of string on the counter. She says, confused, "Sir, I thought you were looking for some tampons for your wife?

He answers, " You see, it's like this, yesterday, I sent my wife to the store to get me a carton of cigarettes, and she came back with a tin of tobacco and some rolling papers; cause it's sooooooooooo much cheaper. So, I figure if I have to roll my own ............. so does she.

Good One!! :lol:

Atlanteax
04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

Are you kidding? That causes massive splatter. You always aim for the part of the urinal where the arc of descent is parallel to the wall, so it just flows on down.

-TheE-

I think he posted that, as a poor joke, in refering to intentionally causing splatter. Probably to annoy the female posters who has complained about their SOs leaving behind wet seats.

Betheny
04-05-2004, 03:32 PM
<satira's posting here>

Overreact much?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-29-2004, 02:56 PM
I cannot resist.

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/photos/indonesia/021.jpg

GSLeloo
05-29-2004, 06:50 PM
I have to agree... I get really bad headaches before my period and start to get either depressed or easily pissed off. I'm ok but if anything, even something I normally could take, starts to get on my nerves I just snap immediatly.

Weedmage Princess
05-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I get really pissy prior to it...and I'll usually get a zit on my forehead :thumbsdown:

Also...I thought the Undead don't have blood???

GSLeloo
05-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Um Undead have blood that is coagulated? (Check the spelling on that).

And I get a pimple too!

05-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I'd just like to add to the record that boiled eggs are indeed "teh pwn".

- Arkans