PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Bullshit

pabstblueribbon
06-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm real close to cancelling. GMs fucking ruining shattered and can't keep from interfering. I watched someone hidden drag him several times.

Something just went through a string of hanging seashells, dragging the body of Spook with it.
EDIT: I don't know if wizards can drag while invis, but thats what he's claiming now.

[Private]-GSF:Spook: "just drag me, damn it" (12:38:14 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "what" (12:38:41 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "you keep running past me dead" (12:38:49 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "okay?" (12:38:55 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "fuck off then" (12:39:29 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "no idea what the fuck is dragging you" (12:40:54 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "GM friend" (12:41:04 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "really." (12:41:16 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "yea, no biggy" (12:41:29 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "is to me." (12:41:34 AM)

Khariz
06-28-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm real close to cancelling. GMs fucking ruining shattered and can't keep from interfering. I watched someone hidden drag him several times.

Something just went through a string of hanging seashells, dragging the body of Spook with it.

[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "what" (12:38:41 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "just drag me, damn it" (12:38:14 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "you keep running past me dead" (12:38:49 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "okay?" (12:38:55 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "fuck off then" (12:39:29 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "no idea what the fuck is dragging you" (12:40:54 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "GM friend" (12:41:04 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "really." (12:41:16 AM)
[Private]-GSF:Spook: "yea, no biggy" (12:41:29 AM)
[PrivateTo]-GSF:Spook: "is to me." (12:41:34 AM)

It was an invisible person, calm down. Wasn't really a GM.

Makkah
06-28-2010, 01:47 AM
...rofl wow.

pabstblueribbon
06-28-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm calm. Just don't like GM's in shattered.

I got trolled. Oh well.

Khariz
06-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Eh, it happens. I agree you should add him to your hunting script.

Makkah
06-28-2010, 01:53 AM
^

HJFudge
06-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Dragging invisible you say? Idea noted!

Tordane
08-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Tried to find an old thread with a somewhat relevant title so I don't have to make a new thread...

Random, your script is seriously poaching. I have a hider in the area you hunt, and she keeps a disk at all times. You will come in and just start killing, every single time. Even when I come out of hiding and just stand and watch you will kill everything in the room and loot it and take the loot. Please add something to your script that watches for disks. Bigshot and Starscream both watch for disks, but since you ignore her disk every single time I have a feeling you aren't using those. Please fix it.

If he poaching. Kill him and fuck up his script. Crying here isn't gonna help you. I would wager anyone playing shattered knows that their script poaches or it doesn't. So, most likely they don't give a fuck. Grow a pair and fuck his world up for killing your mobs.

Fatsix
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Tried to find an old thread with a somewhat relevant title so I don't have to make a new thread...

Random, your script is seriously poaching. I have a hider in the area you hunt, and she keeps a disk at all times. You will come in and just start killing, every single time. Even when I come out of hiding and just stand and watch you will kill everything in the room and loot it and take the loot. Please add something to your script that watches for disks. Bigshot and Starscream both watch for disks, but since you ignore her disk every single time I have a feeling you aren't using those. Please fix it.

Even in prime thats grounds for killing the poacher.

Fatsix
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I'll killem then, which hunting area? room#? Actually i will fuck his script up first.

RaneCV
08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Back when Dart was hunting this would happen all the time, even with people that I knew for certain were using Bigshot or Starscream. I don't think the problem is actually with Bigshot or Starscream, I think the problem is with wander. My thought was always that it didn't reliably detect a disk, but I never really looked into it.

Tordane
08-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Back when Dart was hunting this would happen all the time, even with people that I knew for certain were using Bigshot or Starscream. I don't think the problem is actually with Bigshot or Starscream, I think the problem is with wander. My thought was always that it didn't reliably detect a disk, but I never really looked into it.

I've never seen Bigshot poach from a room with a hidden person + disk in my experience with it. I personally use Wander as my travel method in my hunting scripts and have never had this issue either. Only one time I saw a problem was if the disk wasn't in the room yet when the polling was done, and it has happened maybe 2-5 times in thousands of hunts.

IorakeWarhammer
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
who even cares just move on to the other creatures or kill it together.

Lemonkyst
08-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Greetings,

I am one of the players of Random. Another is the creator of Bigshot. Trust me I know how it works and use it as does he.

I am not always present when it runs as is the case with most of the folks in shattered. I do have it set correctly.

I have seen you come from the shadows on a critter I killed and you didnt attack even once and loot the critter. So I was aware you are there and honestly just stopped hunting that evening until I could check with others owners of our character on how to resolve the issue of you hiding...and us both attacking. I moved him from the area to resolve it. The other owner is on vacation and may not know yet that I have him hunting other things now. Sorry for your worry's.

Its always been a pain in the ass even in prime even with disk to know when you have someone hiding.

I know this post is not all it should be. I have a little sister ready to go into surgery for a C section any moment. I had a friend IM me that you are all tensed up and upset so I wanted to respond. I am a friendly, courteous person as are the others who run Random. I'm happy to meet with you when my personal drama in real life is settled down and we can work on on friendship instead of BS perhaps. Hope you have an amazing weekend.

Hugs
Player of many

Fatsix
08-05-2010, 08:27 PM
no kisses?

Liagala
08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I can't tell from your posts if you know this or not, but if his character walks into a room and sees a creature with no visible PC (or disk), it assumes the room is his. If you then unhide and stand there in the open, Bigshot doesn't care in the slightest. If it registers you at all, it thinks you walked in after he started fighting, and have no claim whatsoever to the monsters. That may be the reason for it continuing even when you stand there. Now if you're standing in the open, in a room all by your lonesome and then he walks in to start swinging, that's another story entirely.

IorakeWarhammer
08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
fragz is currently in my hunting area and he's a friend. sometimes he will sleep a critter while i'm hiding and then it makes it easier for me to kill it. sometimes, i have legged something and he comes in and blasts it. honestly i dont mind it at all.

IorakeWarhammer
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
long term plan is who the hell cares.. some critters you'll just both be beating on. big deal..

Deathravin
08-06-2010, 12:05 PM
I've been going over logs, and it seems that what is happening now and then is that he is walking in after I hide but before my disk arrives, so he is indeed not seeing me. And then we are basically fighting over the critters, we are both trying to kill them and loot them. Since we were hunting in an area that has a tendency to swarm, it would put us in the same room fighting over critters for a long time sometimes. I solved the problem temporarily by moving somewhere that not many people hunt, but I need to come up with a long term plan.

Or you could just not care.
What's the big deal really? You guys kill the mobs faster, get the same xp but quicker, and miss out on some or all of the loot. Silver being fairly worthless, who cares IMO.

All my guys poach off eachother.

Liagala
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Or you could just not care.
What's the big deal really? You guys kill the mobs faster, get the same xp but quicker, and miss out on some or all of the loot. Silver being fairly worthless, who cares IMO.

All my guys poach off eachother.
I've found this to be the easiest approach. I noticed a hiding rogue and my warmage poaching off each other, when said rogue didn't have a disk. I stopped for a second and talked to the rogue, neither of us really cared one way or the other, and we went about our business. Sometimes she robs my loot, sometimes I rob hers, but whatever.

Drisco
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Try getting into the empath business if you want to talk about poaching. It's just the way of life when you are afk, hunting or not.