PDA

View Full Version : Profession Poll

SiKWiDiT
04-03-2004, 05:01 PM
A new poll which asks the question: "Would you prefer we release two new professions (Monks and Paladins) this Winter, or spend that time fleshing out existing professions?" has been added to our polls page at https://www.play.net/gs4/poll/allpolls.asp

Please visit the polls page to submit your vote.

Melissa

Well?

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by SiKWiDiT]

04-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Just like them to take away something they promised before 2005 to fix their porblems they have already.

Artha
04-03-2004, 05:16 PM
How dare they listen to players. THE NERVE!

Jonty
04-03-2004, 05:18 PM
What exaclty will "fleshing out " get us?

Sean
04-03-2004, 05:21 PM
I'll be honest I voted for number 2. I wasn't particularly looking forward to the new professions anyway mainly because I have no desire to start from 0. I'd much rather they fix what they have.

SiKWiDiT
04-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Artha
How dare they listen to players. THE NERVE!

I'm glad they decided to ask us which we would prefer, but we shouldn't even be having to decide here.

I'd rather they fleshed out the existing professions, myself.

Hulkein
04-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Can't we convert to the new ones? Like a Cleric can become Paladin or Monk? Warrior can become Paladin?

SiKWiDiT
04-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Can't we convert to the new ones? Like a Cleric can become Paladin or Monk? Warrior can become Paladin?

Certain professions will be allowed to convert, allowing for the scope of the two professions. A sorcerer could not, for instance, become a monk.

At least, they would be able to when last I heard.

Artha
04-03-2004, 05:26 PM

Yes. Anyone with over 1.25 (or 1.75, one of the two) brawling can convert to monk, and warriors and clerics can convert to paladin.

I voted #1, mostly because I want to see the unarmed combat system.

Nakiro
04-03-2004, 08:36 PM
I voted for number two.

Either way I would benifit. Having Mnm over Mjs (which I think will be a big gain for empaths in the end) would be nice. Also have 1110, 1125, 1150, and 1115 implemented would be great too.

Everyone needs attention at this point. Making more professions that will also need more attention just doesn't seem like the right idea for now to me.

HarmNone
04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Heh. I do not play anymore, but I think it would be awesome to see them complete some of the things they had been promising to do for YEARS before I quit! :D

HarmNone

Nakiro
04-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Harmnone should play again.

Open up a free account!

Maybe she will when they create the pagan profession...

HarmNone
04-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Heh. It is no longer my game, Nakiro. I liked things the way they once were. GemStoneIV is made to appeal to a different kind of player than I. :)

HarmNone has fond memories, though

Latrinsorm
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
I love how they hide the answers. That's so cool.

Xcalibur
04-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Bunch of hypocrites...

That and those gift they gave that lost powers over a period of time...

Artha
04-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Dexterity (DEX): 88 (19) ... 93 (21)
Agility (AGI): 92 (21) ... 97 (23)

Mine are still working fine.

Artha
04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Heh. It is no longer my game, Nakiro. I liked things the way they once were. GemStoneIV is made to appeal to a different kind of player than I.

I think you should too...really, you don't know how it is, aside from hearing us bitch about the bad stuff.

Snapp
04-03-2004, 09:42 PM
They need to finish the old professions.... but weren't we supposed to get BOTH options by the end of this year? And what happened to Savants?

FinisWolf
04-03-2004, 09:43 PM
<--- voted for #2 on 7 accounts...

Finiswolf

... Fix what you have, then add.

HarmNone
04-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Actually, Artha, I get more information on how things are going in GemStone than just from these boards. While I could probably still enjoy the game, to a degree, there is just too much I would have to overlook to make it worth my while.

I prefer a smaller stage, so to speak, and am more into roleplay than hack-and-slash. Killing critters bores me to tears, and leveling for the sake of leveling meant nothing to me. I did not even care for alters...go figure!

I am far more interested in characterizations, and the intricacies of personalities, as they play out in a given environment. To play that way requires a level of immersion that I simply do not have the time for these days. So, I live vicariously through you guys! :D

HarmNone, who will probably play again someday...somewhere

Mistomeer
04-03-2004, 11:23 PM
"November
RSN Arrives at Last!
Two new professions, three new spell lists, automated quests ... need we say more? RSN Arrives At Last!"

LOL.

TheEschaton
04-03-2004, 11:29 PM
HN, out of curiosity, did your characters worship Aeia? I've run across these Mother worshippers, before, and I scoff at them, but secretly I think it would be an interesting take on a pagan lifestyle in GS.

-TheE-

HarmNone
04-03-2004, 11:39 PM
No, TheE. Neither worshipped that particular Immortal. As I remember it, though, Aeia was rather important in the River's Rest area. Were I to have played a character based on myself, Aeia would have been very attractive to me, however. :)

Only one of my characters was devout, and was a follower of Ronan. Of the other two, one worhipped only himself, and the other just was not interested.

HarmNone

crazymage
04-04-2004, 04:14 AM
Its a joke they promised both now want us to decide. Wheres all extra money going to ? Vibrators and german cars.

Meos
04-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Simu.... go back on a promise.... Never, how long have you been playing this game? They should finish what they start, it's that simple.

ElanthianSiren
04-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
Its a joke they promised both now want us to decide. Wheres all extra money going to ? Vibrators and german cars.

Originally posted by Meos
Simu.... go back on a promise.... Never, how long have you been playing this game? They should finish what they start, it's that simple.

24k diamond ring. Easy answer, but hey Meos! Maybe they'll go back on the price hike too since even the premium gurus are saying "You're not getting anything extra." :!:

This is why I said they needed to give players a trial period at the price increase to decide whether this great level of service we'll be receiving is really worth it because I'm fairly sure it's gonna be the same old same old.

Onto the voting:
What I want is my 70 train warrior to be viable again, which means giving warriors S-mastery before you friggin uptweak the critters.

I don't want professions "Fleshed out" in a way that further degrades them into cookie cutters. I want professions "fleshed out" in a way that ADDS to the game for once.

Forging
Combat Leadership
Special Attacks
Make Berserk a useful skill. Oh My god... the horror!

Stop trying to force me into a path that is either 1. death to my enjoyment of GS or 2. unviable. It's getting old.

-Melissa

ps. That said, I voted for #1 because I don't want to see things screwed with and screwed up further. How sad is it that I make a decision based on weighing "the lesser of two evils?"