PDA

View Full Version : A Social Experiment

Latrinsorm
06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I thought it would be neat if there was a switch Kranar could throw that made everyone's posts anonymous for a certain period (say 24 hours), then would be properly attributed afterwards. It would be really interesting to me to see how people would interact, especially on the attempted impersonation and "I agree with this post OH WAIT [insert person of opposing team] wrote it???" fronts.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93956

This is a thing I found that allows for anonymous posts and allows for manual recovery of identity, I don't know if anyone has the time, inclination, and expertise to make it more like what I envision.

Drew
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm just hoping one day someone flips the switch on reps and you can see the author of everyone.

Mogonis
06-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm just hoping one day someone flips the switch on reps and you can see the author of everyone.
And how many of the signed reps don't coincide with who sent them.

Drew
06-25-2010, 05:40 PM
And how many of the signed reps don't coincide with who sent them.

Exactly. I imagine all the ones from the ladies saying they want me are Anticor.

Fallen
06-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Hah. An annual See Who Repped You day would be great.

Drew
06-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Hah. An annual See Who Repped You day would be great.

It would only work once.

Parkbandit
06-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I thought it would be neat if there was a switch Kranar could throw that made everyone's posts anonymous for a certain period (say 24 hours), then would be properly attributed afterwards. It would be really interesting to me to see how people would interact, especially on the attempted impersonation and "I agree with this post OH WAIT [insert person of opposing team] wrote it???" fronts.

Have you ever thought that it's not who you post as, but what you post, that makes many people believe you are an idiot?

pabstblueribbon
06-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Have you ever thought that it's not who you post as, but what you post, that makes many people believe you are an idiot?

Wooooosh.

Anyways, in light of recent Gor revelations, I think this might be a horribly okay idea.

Tisket
06-26-2010, 12:22 AM

I think this is a horrible idea.

4a6c1
06-26-2010, 12:26 AM
BAD IDEA. You guys would all know it was me whether anonymous or not. I mispell stuff, get excited over nonsense and am generally just here to entertain myself. Plus I dont think I know how to stop being an excitable vapid whore. Lets play a different game.

Drew
06-26-2010, 01:28 AM

Hahaha you would.

Sean
06-26-2010, 01:45 AM

Should I start worrying...?

AestheticDeath
07-03-2010, 06:02 AM
I like it, should be more then a day though, more like a week. If it was a day, you really wouldn't get enough accomplished.

IorakeWarhammer
07-05-2010, 08:55 AM
what we need is "the anonymous folder" where all posts are anonymous in that folder only. that would be feasible.

Nieninque
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
what we need is "the anonymous folder" where all posts are anonymous in that folder only. that would be feasible.

It's called the respond to reputation, thread.

Drew
07-05-2010, 05:03 PM

This is basically what killed "the-spot" (the spiritual predecessor to the PC where myself and several other long time board members came from). They had a "flame zone" that was unmoderated. The PC has a lot less moderation than the spot but the users keep people in line, encouraging them to be assholes doesn't make much sense.

Sean of the Thread
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
It's called the respond to reputation, thread.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

bobmacans
07-07-2010, 03:39 AM
This is really a social experiment.:love:

LE Roguess Z
12-19-2010, 04:51 PM

Imagine the mayhem.

I wonder about the people who think it's so great to leave extremely nasty and profane comments anonymously.

Do they have such empty lives that it actually makes them feel good when they do it?

I couldn't imagine my life being that empty.

This really is a social experiment.

At least I have the moxy to sign the few negative comments that I have left.

:love:

PEACE OUT :hippie: