PDA

View Full Version : October Roleplaying-Month Review

Axhinde
11-06-2004, 04:53 PM
http://www.play.net/gs4/news/2004_plans/roleplaying_month.asp

What makes this so damn interesting is if you read the names of those who received RPA's, Abztract AND Coinner both recieved one. How the fuck did that happen?! :?:

Congrats to all of those who did receive one (or more).

Artha
11-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Warclaidhm got one too.

Nieninque
11-06-2004, 05:08 PM
You just had to be present at a RP event to get RPA's

Drew
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

I didn't go to any of them and I got one, so it's possible.

Axhinde
11-06-2004, 05:26 PM

You had to win an event to get an RPA, accorind to the news info. I attended many, but only recieved one for placing third in some Improv joke contest.

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Must have had to do something, My little empath is nothing BUT RP and shes never gotten one.

11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Arkans always RPs, but it's against his RP to go to "joke telling contests". I got an RPA a day after October ended, but who cares really?

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Well, I wasn't complaining. Just agreeing that most RPA's arent based on RP

11-06-2004, 06:28 PM
RPAs are really being at the right place at the right time. As long as you RP then fun that you (general) have with it should be reward enough.

- Arkans

Chadj
11-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Solmarar (3

Riight.

Jolena
11-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I got two RPA's actually. One for two characters each. The first was for one of my characters RPing with the statue in TC in Mule after some ass was licking it for the stun (stun maneuver) over and over. The other was for some RP that Stunseed and I did at a FA merchant. We both got one that night.

I think that it's very possible that all those people listed can very easily RP but choose not to do so in most circumstances, especially in public. I mean, just because they don't do it in front of you or screw up in public doesn't mean that they can't and don't RP in privacy with a few close friends who they are comfortable with. GM's watch those interactions as well. Hate to say it, but I think it's possible that Warclaidhm, Coinner, Abztract etc..can RP if they really wanted to and were comfortable with the people involved.

Axhinde
11-06-2004, 08:35 PM
For Abztract, dieing is RP.

Caiylania
11-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Heh. Most of Caiy's RP is done when for sure GM's aren't around. Not intentional of course but that is how it happens.

Good thing I don't RP just for attention. From them at least ;)

Praefection
11-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I think the GM's just wanted to give out the awards to help 'encourage' the roleplay. My jaw about hit my desk when I read some of those names. But there is the slight possibility they can be different in private. I didn't give out the awards so I can't say what happened.

Warclaidhm
11-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde

You had to win an event to get an RPA, accorind to the news info. I attended many, but only recieved one for placing third in some Improv joke contest.

Yeah. Also that and I RP'd the entire event of dueling in town with (ACT). 2 people won..me and some other guy. We both got 50k each.

RiverRat
11-07-2004, 12:02 AM
ROLEPLAY Nominate <name> is always helpful. Its a way to get RPAs to people you think deserve it, and sometimes, the GM who might tune in to such will pass one in your own direction if you're trying as well.