PDA

View Full Version : Can you get different clothing in different cities?

krissta
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I know this sounds like a lame-ass question, but I want to get myself a new outfit (female empath, of course I want to look pretty), but I'm not really feeling the stuff that's available at the boutique in Whenimer. Do they have different clothing options in Icemule, Solhave, etc.?

Tanks!:grin:

Ashliana
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I appreciate all the work Nilandia's done, but I don't like the merchant section of the site. Really unintuitive/hard-to-read lists, and there isn't much useful informative. No amounts for the containers, no enchant levels for equipment. If only the stores in-game were more useful.

Fallen
06-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I appreciate all the work Nilandia's done, but I don't like the merchant section of the site. Really unintuitive/hard-to-read lists, and there isn't much useful informative. No amounts for the containers, no enchant levels for equipment. If only the stores in-game were more useful.

I'm sure if you started going through and sending her logs of your Inspects and bard songs she would update accordingly. As for things being hard to find, ALT-F is your friend.

Ashliana
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm sure if you started going through and sending her logs of your Inspects and bard songs she would update accordingly. As for things being hard to find, ALT-F is your friend.

Will inspect actually tell you the enchant level? And, can a bard sing to an item they're not holding? If so, I wouldn't mind contributing. But paying for each item to sing to it.. Well, that would explain why there's no info. =X

krissta
06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
You are awesome! Thanks! :)

Beguiler
06-24-2010, 01:25 PM
If the shop owner has had the item bard sung previous to placing it for sale, when the prospective buyer clicks on 'get', it will give the properties of the item as obtained by bardsong.

But no, I don't think you can bardsing something that's just sitting on the table/counter/whatever.

Fallen
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Will inspect actually tell you the enchant level? And, can a bard sing to an item they're not holding? If so, I wouldn't mind contributing. But paying for each item to sing to it.. Well, that would explain why there's no info. =X

Hence why she didn't buy every item in the game and sing to it.

Ryvicke
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM

I have used Nilandia's site to specifically find where to get certain enchant gear and also specifically find where to get containers with a specific threshhold and look.

I find that she has the capacity for almost every container as well as the weight, etc.

as far as enchant goes almost everything (I might even say everything) sold in NPC shops uses the material to denote enchant. You can also usually determine by price.

And yeah, definitely ALT+F

Latrinsorm
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
I appreciate all the work Nilandia's done, but I don't like the merchant section of the site. Really unintuitive/hard-to-read lists, and there isn't much useful informative. No amounts for the containers, no enchant levels for equipment. If only the stores in-game were more useful.Nilandia's site is not super useful for the mechanical properties of items, although I'm pretty sure she does have at least some weights/amts up. Nilandia's site is super-extreme-maximum useful for the cosmetic properties of items. I can't fathom trying to GS barbie without it.

Ryvicke
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't understand--she has the carry amount, weight, worn location and price of every container.

She has the weapon base (for when they're named something crazy you've never heard of), weapon type, weight and price of every off the shelf weapon in the game. Enchant all spelled out right in the description.

She lists which spell is imbedded and how many charges in every off the shelf magic item as well as mana capacity of off the shelf imbeds.

Every FWI transport item between all the towns you can pick them up in.

The backroom inventories of every shop with a backroom.

Taste messaging on every bottle of wine in the game.

Every dye color in all the dyers tents.

She for some reason went and has the number of bites of all the food.

Nilandia
06-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Could you please explain how they're unintuitive and hard to read? Have you tried right-clicking the link to the list to open it in a new window, to free it from the frames?

As most people who have dealt with me when I do lists will be able to tell you, I'm more than a little OCD about getting as much information as possible. The town shop menu system allows me to inspect and appraise anything for sale, and I put down every bit of information that I get from that. That includes carrying capacity for containers, weights, worn locations, weapon bases, and so on.

Even if it might seem obvious, I make a habit of documenting everything because you never know when something weird slips through. Everything that you see on those lists comes from something I've personally seen or I've received from someone. I don't like to post conjecture, but when I do, I'm careful to note it. I can't buy everything from every shop, though. I only have so much silver and so much time.

That said, I am a little behind on updates. I've logged the new shops in Ta'Vaalor, Ta'Illistim and FWI along with a few backrooms from existing shops, but I've yet to put them into the lists. I also need to update the FWI transporter items and dye shops. I plan to get those done as soon as possible.

If there's anything you see that I haven't included or something that needs to be removed, feel free to let me know and I'll get on it.

Gretchen

Deathravin
06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't listen to them Nilandia. You rock.

I wouldn't mind the guild shops ^^, but other than that it's pretty much perfect.

Nilandia
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Don't listen to them Nilandia. You rock.

I wouldn't mind the guild shops ^^, but other than that it's pretty much perfect.
Heh, thanks. I do need to work on the guild shops, but that requires guild access, which isn't always feasible.

Gretchen

IorakeWarhammer
06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
YEAH NILANDIA YOU BRUSH OFF DEM HATERS GIRL!!!!!

Caiylania
06-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Could you please explain how they're unintuitive and hard to read? Have you tried right-clicking the link to the list to open it in a new window, to free it from the frames?

As most people who have dealt with me when I do lists will be able to tell you, I'm more than a little OCD about getting as much information as possible. The town shop menu system allows me to inspect and appraise anything for sale, and I put down every bit of information that I get from that. That includes carrying capacity for containers, weights, worn locations, weapon bases, and so on.

Even if it might seem obvious, I make a habit of documenting everything because you never know when something weird slips through. Everything that you see on those lists comes from something I've personally seen or I've received from someone. I don't like to post conjecture, but when I do, I'm careful to note it. I can't buy everything from every shop, though. I only have so much silver and so much time.

That said, I am a little behind on updates. I've logged the new shops in Ta'Vaalor, Ta'Illistim and FWI along with a few backrooms from existing shops, but I've yet to put them into the lists. I also need to update the FWI transporter items and dye shops. I plan to get those done as soon as possible.

If there's anything you see that I haven't included or something that needs to be removed, feel free to let me know and I'll get on it.

Gretchen

You rock. :) That is all there is to it.

Amber
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
You rock. :) That is all there is to it.

This times a thousand. I don't know how many times I've gone to your site for info about things.

Deathravin
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I love your site, it is on my favorites bar. It has more awesome stuff than just the merchant items, but that part is extrremely handy for sure. If I could wish for one thing on your site, it would be a search engine. I would love to be able to search for pants, or containers by location, or food names. It does get time consuming to manually search through each page when you are looking for something. Oh, and you totally need to add a Shattered version of the alter generator.

A mother fucking stick

all weapons need to be this. I mean... Is it just a badass stick? Is it a stick used in fucking mothers? the possibilities are endless!

mgoddess
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
If I could wish for one thing on your site, it would be a search engine. I would love to be able to search for pants, or containers by location, or food names.
www.google.com
site:nilandia.com "something"
"Google Search" button

(Replacing "something" with whatever you want.)

For example, if I wanted to search Nilandia's site for parchment charms...
Go to google.com, put in: site:nilandia.com "parchment charms"
And I would get the following search results: http://tinyurl.com/2beo2nx

Caiylania
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe someone could offer to help her with things like that. Considering how much she did on her own or with volunteers, I think it is above and beyond. But who knows, if a coding nut offered to lend a helping hand she may jump on that.

Nilandia
06-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah. I was referring to something a little more like the old playershops site had, with drop down menus for container location and amount for instance, or armor asg. So all of the doubles would show up on the search, even if they were called a tunic or a bodyarmor or whatever. I imagine it would be a lot of work, but eh I can still have a wish list.
Unfortunately, my lists are documents and not databases. As I'm also very much not a coder, something like that is far beyond me. If anyone wishes to create something like that, they're more than welcome to.

Gretchen