PDA

View Full Version : Inscribee #139

Oscar
06-21-2010, 12:02 AM
X'd out the name of the assassin. Thought this was kind of neat. And in all honesty, it's in the good spirits of Shattered, heh:

[Graveyard]
A massive bronze gate spans the path, blocking the way north. On either side are high stone walls surmounted with jagged rocks. Now green and pitted, the gate is still locked shut by a rusted chain fastened with an ancient padlock. A cast likeness of the goddess Lorminstra, Keeper of the Gates of Oblivion, her Staff of Doom in hand, and a grotesque statue of the Empress Gosaena are the main motifs of the elaborately decorated portal. You also see a dirt path.
Obvious paths: none

[go2: waiting for gate to open...]

[1605]>inc 1605
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Arm of the Arkati...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Rippling cylinders of spiritual force encompass your arms and the arms of those near you.

Arm of the Arkati (1605) refreshes to 6m 30s. (+6m 02s)
You feel a subdued warmth through your arms and torso, accompanied by a preponderant sense of engagement.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
[ Arm of the Arkati: +0:06:00, 0:06:00 remaining. ]

The voice of XXXX says, "Hello boy."
>
The voice of XXXX says, "I need your weapons to kill others for a time....then I shall return them."
>
The voice of XXXX says, "I'm sure you understand."
>
XXXX comes out of hiding.
[Roll result: 143 (open d100: 59)]
XXXX swings his feras falchion at your postage stamps and connects!
Your postage stamps is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 10 sec.
>
[Roll result: 131 (open d100: 47)]
XXXX swings his feras falchion at your forty ounce bottle and connects!
Your forty ounce bottle is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 7 sec.
>
XXXX put a feras falchion in his assassin's cloak.
>
XXXX picks up some sharpened postage stamps.
>
XXXX put some sharpened postage stamps in his assassin's cloak.
>
XXXX picks up a broken forty ounce bottle.
>
XXXX put a broken forty ounce bottle in his assassin's cloak.
>
XXXX removes a feras falchion from in his assassin's cloak.
>
The voice of XXXX says, "And to inscribe you."
>
XXXX leaps from hiding to attack!
XXXX swings a feras falchion at you!
AS: +237 vs DS: +17 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +61 = +313
... and hits for 103 points of damage!
Incredible blast shatters your head into a red spray.
Spell Spirit Warding I (101) ended. [-10STD, -10BoltDS]
The light blue glow leaves you.
Spell Mantle of Faith (1601) ended. [-5DS, -5STD]
The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away.
Spell Dauntless (1606) ended. [-10AS]
Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade.
The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 13 mins...
>
[bigshot]>stance defensive
Dash is aborting because it failed to move.
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
>
--- Lich: bigshot has exited.
--- Lich: 1605 has exited.
>
XXXX bows to you.
>
--- Lich: exec1 has exited.
XXXX says, "You have officially been inscribed."
>
XXXX bows to you.

You say, "I just don't understand what, exactly, the point of this was."
>l
[Graveyard]
A massive bronze gate spans the path, blocking the way north. On either side are high stone walls surmounted with jagged rocks. Now green and pitted, the gate is still locked shut by a rusted chain fastened with an ancient padlock. A cast likeness of the goddess Lorminstra, Keeper of the Gates of Oblivion, her Staff of Doom in hand, and a grotesque statue of the Empress Gosaena are the main motifs of the elaborately decorated portal. You also see a dirt path.
Also here: XXXX
Obvious paths: none
>
XXXX says, "I kill everyone once."

You say, "And what your prerogative is."

You say, "But disarming weapons, I mean."

You say, "That's kind of low, no offense."
>
XXXX says, "To kill others with them."

You say, "Well, those are just 0x."
>
>XXXX says, "I will return them after I've killed a few people with them for the boards."

You say, "I mean if you really want them, I need upgrade as is."

You say, "Okay, no problem."

You say, "See you around, I guess."

XXXX says, "I shall get you help."

You say, "Gonna wait to depart so I can suffer from a bit less sting."
>
XXXX put a feras falchion in his assassin's cloak.

You say, "Eh, don't bother, it's fine, really."
>
XXXX says, "You have been a good sport Oscar I won't forget it."

You say, "O.K."

You give a ghostly chuckle.

XXXX bows to you.

XXXX asks, "You read PC?"
>
You ask, "We all die someday, right?"
>
XXXX nods.

You exclaim, "Yep!"
>
XXXX exclaims, "Keep an eye out to see your weapons in action!"
>
XXXX winks at you.

You exclaim, "Very well!"
>
XXXX says, "Be well lad, you have no fear of death from me again....everyone gets inscribed but oncew."

You say, "Not a fast learner so I would greatly like to see them being adminstered as weapons of justice."

Speaking to XXXX, you say, "I understand."
>
XXXX says, "Excellent."
>
XXXX says, "Most are much more upset."
>
You say, "We live our lives, this is just fun."

You give a ghostly chuckle.
>
XXXX says, "You have gained the respect of the King of Assassins on this day."
>
You say, "Well ... Thank you."

You say, "I am humbled."
>
Lynn just came up a dirt path.
>
Lynn traces a simple symbol as she reverently calls upon the power of her patron...
>
Lynn gestures at a massive bronze gate.
Channeling the divine energy of her deity, Lynn directs a prayer toward the bronze gate. With a deep shudder and a shrieking scrape, the gate slowly opens wide enough to allow passage.
>
Lynn just went through a massive bronze gate.
>
XXXX says, "If you have an enemy...do not hesitate to chat me up."
>
XXXX says, "If they have not been inscribed....I will gladly hunt them."

You say, "I do not have any enemies offhand, but I shall keep it mind, definitely."

Speaking to XXXX, you say, "Understood."
>
Azriel just came up a dirt path.
>
Azriel just went through a massive bronze gate.
>
Suddenly, a Phantom Gatekeeper appears.

The Phantom Gatekeeper moans loudly as he shakes a set of keys at you. He slams the gate closed, checks the lock, then disappears in another chilly swirl of air.
>
XXXX says, "You are inscribee 139 by the way."

You say, "I shall remember this number."
>
XXXX says, "All different souls of course."

You state, "I am incribee 139."
>
XXXX says, "Yes."
>
XXXX says, "Luukos appreacites your sacrifice."
>
XXXX gazes up into the heavens.
>
(OOC) You quietly whisper to XXXX, "Wheeee: Wrote down "139" Maybe we can make something of this, I dunno, more interesting that doing the whole scripting garbage 24/7 -- And with work, you, my friend, can do whatever you want."

(OOC) You quietly whisper to XXXX, "Have your fun, heh."
>
(OOC) XXXX's player whispers, "Usually people get RP awards for role playin it well....perhaps you will get one as well."

(OOC) You quietly whisper to XXXX, "Maybe!"
>
(OOC) XXXX's player whispers, "Off to the next victim good luck to you."

You say, "Anyway, I don't wish to take up too much more of your time."

You say, "Yep."
>
XXXX bows.

You say, "*bow*."
>
Lord XXXX just went up a dirt path.

Celephais
06-21-2010, 12:19 AM
X'd out the name of the assassin.
You missed one.

Also here: Lord Katze

Cthulu
06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
You may as well rename yourself to the phantom gatekeeper.

Deathravin
06-21-2010, 12:25 AM
You missed one.

As if we didn't know who it was to begin with.

Bhaalizmo
06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
You missed one.

Nice, I didn't even notice that when I read it. I knew who XXX was anyway with his stupid inscribing bs.

Oscar
06-21-2010, 12:54 AM
As if we didn't know who it was to begin with.

Hehe. Well, from what this Mordechai fellow told me, the assassin doesn't really care all that much about being named. He probably revels in it, perhaps. Anyway, change of pace, good fun.

IorakeWarhammer
06-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm proudly #127

AestheticDeath
06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
was that supposed to be role playing?

IorakeWarhammer
06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
it's shattered.. you don't have to give a shout-out to Despana, flutter your shadowy dark Dhe'nari cloak and speak in Elven to be roleplaying lol

DaCapn
06-21-2010, 09:23 PM
(OOC) XXXX's player whispers, "Usually people get RP awards for role playin it well....perhaps you will get one as well."
Nice.

You say, "*bow*."
So much for that.

Pretty funny anyway. I wish more people used ROLEPLAY NOMINATE. I tried to teach by example and just nominate whenever I saw someone do something interesting or funny. Maybe people forgot about that verb? Maybe everyone just tables their characters and level grinds? (That's all I seem to do these days).

Liagala
06-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Nice.

So much for that.

Pretty funny anyway. I wish more people used ROLEPLAY NOMINATE. I tried to teach by example and just nominate whenever I saw someone do something interesting or funny. Maybe people forgot about that verb? Maybe everyone just tables their characters and level grinds? (That's all I seem to do these days).
I tried using ROLEPLAY NOMINATE once. The person I nominated had to disappear to a table and afk about 60 seconds later.

HJFudge
06-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I've roleplay nominate'd about 5 folks thus far. Dunno if anything ever came of it.

Liagala
06-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I've roleplay nominate'd about 5 folks thus far. Dunno if anything ever came of it.
If it's in Shattered, I don't think anything ever will.

Khariz
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
If it's in Shattered, I don't think anything ever will.

people get RPAs like mad in Shattered. But its not for staying in fantasy RP. It's for properly RPing rambo, or a crack whore, or whatever.

Ashliana
06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
The GMs have been notably, and regrettably, absent lately. Come back, Merchant! >_<

HJFudge
06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
The GMs have been notably, and regrettably, absent lately. Come back, Merchant! >_<

Unfortunately, there was a great deal of whining amongst certain, ah, segments of the community who bitched and moaned greatly on the GM's being mean to them

So the GM's come much less frequently now.

SpiffyJr
06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, there was a great deal of whining amongst certain, ah, segments of the community who bitched and moaned greatly on the GM's being mean to them

So the GM's come much less frequently now.

I think it's because they heard you singing and are trying to staunch the blood flow from their ears. Just sayin'...

HJFudge
06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I think it's because they heard you singing and are trying to staunch the blood flow from their ears. Just sayin'...

Ok ok its not that good of singing. But its not THAT bad, sheesh. Maybe I'll have to put up one of my instrumentals if you guys dont like my voice.

SpiffyJr
06-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok ok its not that good of singing. But its not THAT bad, sheesh. Maybe I'll have to put up one of my instrumentals if you guys dont like my voice.

You remind me of those American Idol guys that get kicked off. It's not as bad as I sing but it's certainly not good. If it's a hobby keep it up if you like it but don't expect much from it.