PDA

View Full Version : Euphemisms

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 09:02 PM
These are the most desperate attempts at roleplaying when clearly they don't belong in the first place.

We have things like "1000 pages left until I can train!"

Since when do people carry a freaking 50000 page book around reading it at 25 pages a minute? And who the heck is ordering us to read a book before we have to train?

Oh and the classic euphemism... "My weather is bad, how about yours?"

Yeah... next time I have crappy lag, I'll just ask people standing right next to me if they have better weather than I do. Because we all know how every character comes with their own personalized cloud that sits atop of them.

Let me know what other crappy euphemisms people use.

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Whatever freaking GM thinks that "actioned" is any better than "scripted" should be shot. Actioned just plain sounds stupid.

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Oh yes, scripted/actioned items. Is scripted even a euphemism though? What is it's intended meaning, unless of course it's supposed to be blatantly OOC.

One other thing that should die by now is age and level. The days where age meant levels are over, and I'm surprised people still use it. It's been what? A year since the GMs changed it?

Taernath
07-27-2003, 09:07 PM
GM's != gods

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 09:08 PM
"I've lost 100 pints of blood."

Do they actually substitute 1 pint for 1 HP? If they do.. I got 28 gallons of blood in me. How realistic.

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 09:24 PM
"I read about it on the message tree."

This is used to talk about the message boards and I'm still looking for this enormous tree somewhere in Elanthia with hundreds of little messages on them like post-its gone amock. :D

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 09:34 PM
<< e-scroll >>

Does anyone period know what the e is supposed to stand for? I really am curious, does that e stand for electronic or some other word?

If it means electronic-scroll, I fail to see how that's any more appropriate than saying e-mail.

longshot
07-27-2003, 09:34 PM
"Sorry, I was out of my body for a minute"

I think everyone understands if you are afk...

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Ether. Ether-scroll.

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Ah... I'm not familiar with an ether-scroll, but thank God it's not electronic.

Bestatte
07-27-2003, 10:49 PM
This is kinda funny really, things look like they're turning full circle. I used to question these euphemisms and get blasted for being anal-retentive.

It's refreshing to see that no, it isn't me being anal retentive. It's people who simply want to keep blatantly OOC references to game mechanics and other OOC things out of the game.

The whole TTM thing - people say "it's shorter." Well yeah, it's shorter to type. But it isn't shorter to think, and it certainly isn't shorter to say. Each word - think - to - me - has a single syllable, a single sound.

Tee Tee Em - same number of syllables, same number of sounds. TTM is a shortcut for typing. Characters aren't typing.

using single letter directionals when telling someone how to get from point A to point B.

How do you get to kob village?

n, go gate, n, ne, n, ne, blah blah blah..

N isn't a word. Pronouncing the letter N also has the same number of syllables as saying the word North.

The above is also not even a sentence. Characters are talking and listening, not typing. I wish people would learn to grasp the concept.

The whole AS DS and "I hit the kob for 342 with DC!"... is lame as hell. These stats and numbers and dice-rolls exist for the -player- to -read,- and not the -character- to acknowledge.

That's my contribution to this thread, for what it's worth.

Chyrain
07-27-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Kranar
Ah... I'm not familiar with an ether-scroll, but thank God it's not electronic.

ether is an old anesthetic and i'm sure he was joking.

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Maybe the GMs should implement an OOC channel.

Either is also: The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens. I wasn't joking, there just happens to be more than one definition for the word.

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah, cause that definition you gave Bob is the only one I know of. So when you said ether-scroll, it made no sense really to me. But nor does it make sense using any other definition provided.

Crazed Sylvan
07-28-2003, 12:57 AM
In many fantasy genres, Ether stands for anything that seems to be extremely mystical/magical, extradimensional, or otherworldly in some manner. Also, the ether is often mentioned when dealing with extremely powerful magic.

SpunGirl
07-28-2003, 01:40 AM
I also hate people talking about "the gods" in reference to GMs. Technically, according to our characters, they don't even EXIST! The only time we need them is when assisting or reporting, which is OOC in itself.

What also kills me is people getting into arguments on the amunet and one person will misspell something, and the other person will make fun of them for it. WTF!

Someone impressed me the other week when instead of saying "you can't spell," they told the person, "you are inarticulate and have garbled speech patterns." Now at least THAT made IC sense.

-K

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:41 AM
>Stay takes an ether from his cloak.
>Stay drinks an ether.
>Stay gains 100 mana points!

>Stay picks up a phoenix down.

And so on..

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:13 AM
>Stay equips independant materia MP Plus +50%.
>Stay summons the Knights of the Round.
>Stay uses W-Summon and summons Knights of the Round again.
> * Ruby WEAPON just bit the dust!
>Stay picks up the Desert Rose.

longshot
07-28-2003, 03:17 AM
Ether will get you really high...

Really, really high.

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 03:45 AM
Theres nothing quite more sick and depraved than a man on an ether binge...

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 03:46 AM
Heh Bob. Why can't they remake FF7 with snazzy new graphics. Is it just me or is this endless Resident Evil franchise starting to get really old?

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Resident Evil has always sucked. I tried to play it, but it was just too stupid.

Tsa`ah
07-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by longshot
Ether will get you really high...

Really, really high.

No it won't.

People that think they are getting "high" from sniffing a gaseous substance are only depriving their brains of oxygen while delivering a toxic substance into their respiratory system.

Next time just try and swallow a balloon.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Tsa`ah]

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Obviously never seen Fear and Loathing Las Vegas.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't actually consider these 'euphemisms' but things that drive me crazy:

A GM controlled NPC logs on and immediately you hear "Where is Blahblah? I just saw her come in!"

A player selling a pin worn cloak or tattoo worn pipe. A what? Is it a pin or a cloak?

A complete stranger saying "Falgrin must have stolen it... he's a bandit." He's a what? How the hell would you know that by looking at him? And how the hell do you know his name if you never met him?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
And how the hell do you know his name if you never met him?

I'm with you on everything except this one... I've tried the "I don't know anyone until I'm introduced to them" road before, and its extremely hard... now, hard doesn't usually mean its bad, but the game just screams at you to use their name in every instance.

Make a trade with a stranger on the net, and they show up at your table... No one has said their names yet (Unless you are Andiago!), how do you offer to Player?

Stealing? How do you steal from player, instead of steal from dark elf with the loose change purse?

Many more examples I'm sure.

The mechanics say you know the person, RPing it out like you don't is a stretch for me. I know some people do it, but I've also noted they are not consistent with it.

Just my observations

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:23 PM
<<A player selling a pin worn cloak or tattoo worn pipe.>>

Tattoos are pinworn...

Sweets
07-28-2003, 03:34 PM
escroll
I have 325 AS (or they hit about 325)
ttm
I have 1000 more pages left.
What level are you?
Gods..refering to gm's
Weather=lag
-200 difficulty for the locksmith opening my box
Can I get 102 and the such..say the spell name.
Smiles faces in sentences.
**pokes** in thought
My favorite.... I saw you were on and thought I would come and chat.

My answer- On what?Acantha leaf?

I am sure there are more. I thought I was the only one that couldn't quite swallow things like that, blatant or otherwise. Nice to know I am not the only anal retentive.

Now if I could only find ya's in game.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Sweets]

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Luckily, if I want to be out-of-character, I just do it instead of trying to mask it. I type out Think to me. And because I'm Bobmuhthol, I can make fun of whoever I want for whatever I want without a problem.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Originally posted by Parkbandit
And how the hell do you know his name if you never met him?

I'm with you on everything except this one... I've tried the "I don't know anyone until I'm introduced to them" road before, and its extremely hard... now, hard doesn't usually mean its bad, but the game just screams at you to use their name in every instance.

Make a trade with a stranger on the net, and they show up at your table... No one has said their names yet (Unless you are Andiago!), how do you offer to Player?

Stealing? How do you steal from player, instead of steal from dark elf with the loose change purse?

Many more examples I'm sure.

The mechanics say you know the person, RPing it out like you don't is a stretch for me. I know some people do it, but I've also noted they are not consistent with it.

Just my observations

Never said it was going to be easy :)

Giving things to a character is not the same thing though. No one sees you type "Give 1000 to Tayvin"... they only see my character giving another character some coins.

Same with stealing... the only thing they will ever see is their coins getting lighter and lighter. They will never see me type "Steal Tayvin".

You are right though.. the way the mechanics are set up it is extremely hard to consistantly do.

Still fun to say 'Wha ya talkin bou lad.. ya 'cuse me o stealin.. yet ya don know me from anyone else? Ya always go 'roun 'ere an accuse law-'bidin folks o breakin da law widou proof?"

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 04:25 PM
<< Tattoos are pinworn... >>

Really? So next time ElanthianSiren gets a tattoo... someone is going to hand her a pin and ask her to pin herself with the tattoo?

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Yes, Kranar. Next time you get a pinworn cloak, are you going to pin yourself with it?

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 04:41 PM
<< Next time you get a pinworn cloak, are you going to pin yourself with it? >>

I think you totally missed the point of this thread.

This thread is about euphemisms. A euphemism, in general, is defined to be a word that masks the true meaning of a term. Usually you mask the true meaning of a word to make it more appropriate, more pleasant. For example a euphemism for being a garbage man is being a sanitary engineer. Politically correct terms ALL fall under the category of euphemisms.

Player made terminology that is meant to cover up something that would otherwise be OOC are also euphemisms. Sometimes this terminology is appropriate, and even creative. At other times... it's just plain stupid.

One such euphemism in question are pin-worn items. Items that do not occupy any specific part of your body from a mechanics point of view. They are appropriate when discussing pins, surely a pin is a pin worn item... but see... players tend to take things a bit too far, and even take things to absurd and rediculous lengths.

For example... if a cloak doesn't occupy a specific part of your body from a mechanics stand point, then some people call that a pin-worn cloak, and totally ignore how stupid that sounds. Mind you, no GM has ever called an item pin-worn, no merchant that is. It's just a stupid player euphemism that makes no sense.

So next time Bob, you decide to get a tattoo... don't try and pin it to your body, because unlike what you stated... a tattoo is NOT pinworn.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Kranar]

Taernath
07-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<A player selling a pin worn cloak or tattoo worn pipe.>>

Tattoos are pinworn...

Tattoos are not pinworn. They have a specific field where they're placed, above the injury and scar area but below the character description area. There are other limitations to tattoos besides that.

The term pinworn refers to items that can be worn without item limitations (only one pair of boots, two rings, etc). I believe there is a max number of pinworn items capable of being worn.

[Edited on 7/28/03 by Taernath]

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
He said Tattoo worn pipes, not pin worn tattoos'. And he is right, pipes, and few other older items such as hair accessories are worn in the tatoo spot.

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 08:50 PM
<< not pin worn tattoos'. >>

He said the EXACT following words:

"Tattoos are pinworn... "

And he even confirmed that statement when I asked him if that's what he meant by stating the following EXACT words:

"Yes, Kranar."

[Edited on 7-29-2003 by Kranar]

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 09:10 PM
You have a maximum of 30 pin worn items. Tattoos take up those slots. Therefore, a tattoo must be equal pin worn item. Having nine tattoos, I can only wear twenty-one pins and pin worn items.

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 09:23 PM
<< Therefore, a tattoo must be equal pin worn item. >>

Ah forget it...

Gokkem
07-29-2003, 01:20 AM
I understand you Kranar and I want the question answered to. Where did 'pin-worn' come from and why do people use it?

imported_Kranar
07-29-2003, 02:30 AM
<< Where did 'pin-worn' come from and why do people use it? >>

Because pins are the most common items that occupy that slot. It's a player reference period. Now it makes sense to call a pin, pin worn, but it doesn't make sense to call a cloak pin worn, even if the cloak doesn't occupy any slots. Or some harnesses don't occupy any slots either, that doesn't mean you're pinning them onto your body. It's just a euphemism which has gone too far in my opinion.

Bobmuhthol
07-29-2003, 03:32 AM
I don't know if you were saying this purely about GemStone III or just don't know about the change for GemStone IV. There will be no pinworn items. You'll be able to wear a shirt, a vest, and a jacket at once. It also, for some strange reason, goes on top of armor.

imported_Kranar
07-29-2003, 03:34 AM
Selling a cloak that can be worn ontop of anything else.

Selling some pants that can be worn ontop of another pair.

So on so forth...

imported_Kranar
07-29-2003, 03:35 AM
<< It also, for some strange reason, goes on top of armor. >>

People would whine otherwise. If it went underneath armor, then people would have to always remove their armor for others to notice their nice vests and so on. Most people NEVER remove their armor.

Parkbandit
07-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I believe the term pin worn came because there is no way to really express something that isn't worn anywhere, but is logically in someone's mind. Really, it's not the player's fault, it's the layering system of GS is outdated and needs a revamp.

I blame the players. How retarded is it when someone is selling this on the net:

"Selling a dark stemmed pipe. It has tons of actions and is tattoo worn. TTM."

That is nothing but a thought from someone who is too lazy or too stupid to understand a thing about roleplaying.

CrystalTears
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
"Selling bodice, think to me for a description" and then you can tell them in private thoughts if it's pinworn, has a script and description. Not everything has to be said outloud.

Parkbandit
07-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren

Originally posted by ParkbanditI blame the players. How retarded is it when someone is selling this on the net:

"Selling a dark stemmed pipe. It has tons of actions and is tattoo worn. TTM."

So how does your character convey that something is pinworn to someone?

-Melissa

If it's a piece of clothing.. I say it can be worn with anything. If it's something like a pipe or whatnot.. they will normally think to me for more information. I can then think to them privately it's stats/scripts/worn slot/etc...

Wethalhalas
07-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweets
-200 difficulty for the locksmith opening my box
[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Sweets]

I hate to burst your bubble, but lock readings are completely IC. You're obviously not a locksmith. At all
If you were actually to pick a box, you would know that it first gives a description of the lock (moderately difficult, somewhat difficult, extremely intricate, etc) and then it says the numerical difficulty. It says, "The box is -200 difficulty, in thief lingo." So, the -200 is actually IC. It's locksmith lingo. It's described as that way by the game itself.

StrayRogue
07-30-2003, 10:30 PM
I dunno, I am a bit ...iffy about the whole -1000 etc thing. I just can visualize the numbers in my head. Now, if its spoken in guild speak (yes, bearing in mind not all pickers are rogues), I don't mind. I do all my Professional Discussion in guildspeak. I am not 100% OOC, but I am alot more lax simply because fewer folk can hear me.

Taernath
07-31-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Wethalhalas

I hate to burst your bubble, but lock readings are completely IC. You're obviously not a locksmith. At all
If you were actually to pick a box, you would know that it first gives a description of the lock (moderately difficult, somewhat difficult, extremely intricate, etc) and then it says the numerical difficulty. It says, "The box is -200 difficulty, in thief lingo." So, the -200 is actually IC. It's locksmith lingo. It's described as that way by the game itself.

No, lock reading numbers are not IC. What is IC are the words that go along with them, like exceptionally hard, masterful etc. How would your character explain the numbers in an IC sense, anyway? -200 what?

imported_Kranar
07-31-2003, 01:08 AM
<< OOC is no different in private than in public except that you can be warned for it publically. >>

And that privately going OOC is appropriate... and publically going OOC is not.

Parkbandit
07-31-2003, 08:11 AM
In Gemstone, there is only a few ways you should go OOC... one is through private thoughts and the other is through whispers.

If you have to say that the pipe is worn on a tattoo slot and is scripted... do us all a favor and do it in whispers. It's easy enough to do and maintain your character.

Wethalhalas
07-31-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Taernath

No, lock reading numbers are not IC. What is IC are the words that go along with them, like exceptionally hard, masterful etc. How would your character explain the numbers in an IC sense, anyway? -200 what?

Yet another foolish non-locksmith trying to pretend that he knows what he's talking about, when in fact he's a complete and utter idiot. Here's a little clip of what happens when you pick a box, because you obviously never have before.

You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
You make an adequate attempt (d100=52).
You struggle with the box. As you do, you get a sense that the box has a very intricate lock (-500 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Do you see how it says "Thief-lingo"? I know reading is difficult, but concentrate hard. When it says that the box is "-500 thief-lingo difficulty rating" that means that thieves (Or locksmiths, specifically) have created a way to describe lock difficulties. It's a more PRECISE way to describe. Instead of me saying "very intricate," which can encompass probably anywhere from -490 to -550, we've created this more PRECISE way of determining difficulty, and we've assigned numerical values to these difficulties. It is completely, 100% IC, and always will be. To claim that something the game specifically says is a locksmith's lingo is OOG is completely moronic. Now go learn how to tie your shoes, or count spare change, or whatever degenerate retards like you do in your spare time.

Soulpieced
07-31-2003, 05:41 PM
Kritz [subdued]: "let the beautiful and poor rogue pick your boxes I only have 700 to train"

Gokkem
07-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Merchanics numbers like AS/TD/CS/box difficulty etc are OOC when spoke out loud.

CrystalTears
07-31-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Wethalhalas
Yet another foolish non-locksmith trying to pretend that he knows what he's talking about, when in fact he's a complete and utter idiot. Here's a little clip of what happens when you pick a box, because you obviously never have before.

And you are making assumptions because you disagree with them. How about you ease up with the insults, especially when you are the wrong one here? Stating the difficulty number isn't IC, never has been.

You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
You make an adequate attempt (d100=52).
You struggle with the box. As you do, you get a sense that the box has a very intricate lock (-500 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Yes it says thief lingo so that you as the picking rogue don't have to go to your difficulty table and try to figure out what rating "intricate lock" falls into. It's a guide for YOU, not anyone else, just as AS, DS, AvD and all those numbers are a guide for YOU to go by. It was not intended to be shared with anyone else except perhaps in whispers if the customer or friend really wants to know what the difficulty number is.

It's a more PRECISE way to describe. Instead of me saying "very intricate," which can encompass probably anywhere from -490 to -550, we've created this more PRECISE way of determining difficulty, and we've assigned numerical values to these difficulties.

Bzzzzt! Wrong! Try again.

It is completely, 100% IC, and always will be.

Never has been, never will be.

Now go learn how to tie your shoes, or count spare change, or whatever degenerate retards like you do in your spare time.

And why don't you learn how to post with some tact and respect on these boards, especially when you haven't done the research to know exactly what is or isn't IC or OOG, mmkay?

[Edited on 7/31/2003 by CrystalTears]

Parkbandit
08-01-2003, 08:12 AM
'Picking your boxes, 40 trainings on down.

Since when do boxes actually train?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-01-2003, 09:06 AM
Hmmm, I want to be more IC when I offer to pick PB... Actually I strive to be a better RPer all the time to be honest.

I think I usually will say picking your boxes, anything as hard as ogres, or what not.

Is that bad you think? Since I don't actively troll the net for picking, it isn't like I do that often, but I want to be IC when I do. Most often its just someone coming around saying "Can you pick my box" that I'll volunteer and go about my "bidness"

GSdee
08-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Using lock numbers is as bad as saying "Open for boxes level 20 and below."

Levels, lock numbers, AS/DS, scripted, pin-worn, ST/DU, MB, TTM, (shall I go on?) are all OOG references for lazy people who can't have no desire to stay IG let alone RP their way out of a wet paper bag.

Soulpieced
08-01-2003, 10:50 AM

Levels, lock numbers, AS/DS, scripted, pin-worn, ST/DU, MB, TTM, (shall I go on?) are all OOG references for lazy people who can't have no desire to stay IG let alone RP their way out of a wet paper bag.

Sure all of that stuff might be OOC to the fabled "RP Nazi's" but the fact is, everyone USES THOSE. Actioned is any better than scripted? Bullshit. Some things have worked their way into game and what might have been OOC is no longer.

GSdee
08-01-2003, 10:56 AM
I just noticed my nice typo there "can't have no"... go me!

No, "actioned" is not better than "scripted". How does your character define something as "scripted"? Is it really the only item that DOES anything?

Artha
08-01-2003, 10:57 AM
The only one of those that I use is actioned, and that occasionally. MAYBE pin-worn.

Meos
08-01-2003, 10:52 PM
saw talk of weapons, how the hell do you kill them, emerlad and ruby weapons, did every little trick in that game besides those 2 things

Parkbandit
08-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Hmmm, I want to be more IC when I offer to pick PB... Actually I strive to be a better RPer all the time to be honest.

I think I usually will say picking your boxes, anything as hard as ogres, or what not.

Is that bad you think? Since I don't actively troll the net for picking, it isn't like I do that often, but I want to be IC when I do. Most often its just someone coming around saying "Can you pick my box" that I'll volunteer and go about my "bidness"

There is nothing wrong with saying you are picking ogres and easier... but when you quantify how hard the boxes are with a number such as trainings, it becomes less in character to me.

And Tayvin.. I find nothing whatsoever wrong with your roleplay. I find you fun to be around and irritate :D

Bestatte
08-02-2003, 10:07 AM
"What level are pyrothags?"
"What train are pyrothags?"
or anything similar.

Since when do pyrothags train?

As for the whole lockpicking thing, I actually had a rogue for a little while. I never said things like "Picking hobs" - since I wasn't picking hobs. I was picking locks on boxes.

Usually I'd say something like..

I'm open!

And someone would indicate they're next..and I'd ask them where they got the box.

If they got it from a friend, I'd just tell them I wasn't comfortable risking my skill against an unknown variable and they would be next for another rogue.

If they said they got it from hobs or kobolds or thyrils or whatever, I'd gladly take their box and open it.

The same with Bestatte and her box-popping techniques. Sometimes she'd intentionally pop a boomer, because she was hellbent on blowing up Solhaven some day. At the very least, it made for some fun RP when she died. She also had a bit of lockpicking skill (not much) and considered it a hobby. I -never- used numbers to describe difficulty. I never felt I had to. If I said it was too hard for me to open, then it was too hard for me to open. What difference does it make what number it is?

The same went for hunting. If it kills me regularly, then I probably need a few more lessons in self-defense. If it's easy to kill and doesn't put a scratch on me, then it's no challenge and I should try something else. If there's a risk of dying, and I can kill it with a bit of effort, then it's a reasonable place for me to hunt.

Using this as my "scale" there is -no- need to discuss levels or trains or AS/DS/CS/or whatever, at all.

Vesi
08-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by GSdee

I agree with this. If you have to use numbers then whisper or think privately to your customer.

I don't consider trying to keep numbers and abbreviations that are out of genre or jarring as being a 'Roleplay Nazi'. They are OOC, plain and simple. Also, to say that they once were considered OOC and now they are all right, you are just reinforcing the people in the game that do this. Next we'll have someone saying that it's all right to openly discuss your stats, etc. All mechanic numbers are OOC information. There are so many other ways to convey most of these things. If that makes me a 'Roleplay Nazi' (a term I hate) then so be it. I prefer to think I am staying in character.

Vesi, who won't even give a light swing. Go let a kobold swing at you.

Back
08-02-2003, 03:16 PM
High tax-payers