PDA

View Full Version : Brawling and Archery

oneillseanm
06-15-2010, 01:17 AM
I've been reading about the Brawling Archery build lately. All of it has been in the Ranger folder. I've got a Rogue and I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to adding 2x Brawling to my build. It would be a big extra cost that I would have to sacrifice something for, certainly. What are the mechanical benefits of Brawling in Archer training? Does it add to DS even while a bow is in the left hand? Is the DS increase significant? Thanks everyone!

BriarFox
06-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I've been reading about the Brawling Archery build lately. All of it has been in the Ranger folder. I've got a Rogue and I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to adding 2x Brawling to my build. It would be a big extra cost that I would have to sacrifice something for, certainly. What are the mechanical benefits of Brawling in Archer training? Does it add to DS even while a bow is in the left hand? Is the DS increase significant? Thanks everyone!

The only reason to do it is for Voln Fu.

oneillseanm
06-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Interesting. Why does it seem to be such a popular thing? It increases hunting possibilities, but does that really make it worth the investment? I've never taken an archer past level 25, but I would think there's always at least something easy and living to hunt at any given level. Is that not the case? I guess there's also the upside that Fu is great for PvP.

Endlin
06-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I think one of the reasons you see a lot of rangers doing it is because of mobility giving such a boost to voln fu.

I did it with my rogue for a while, it worked well enough. I liked whipping out a fist-scythe if I took a rank 2 to my arm and couldn't fire as well.

I dropped it after leaving voln though, and have since picked up OHE because it's cheaper.

My opinion is, try it if it sounds fun and you don't mind sacrificing something else.

oneillseanm
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Cool. Thanks for the information and advice guys. I appreciate it.

Asrial
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
1st Reason: Voln
2nd Reason: ambushing with a fist-scythe is viable
3rd Reason: there isn't one for an archer