PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me wtf I'm doing wrong?

Shari
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I had downloaded this in the past just FINE and recently had to do a system recovery on my laptop (long story) needless to say, I'm trying to redownload lich, and ruby, and I don't know wtf I'm missing.

Does the Lich program need to be in the Simu folder or something? The directions for how to download on the Lich website no longer exist, or I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

Help?

Shari
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Okay, I'm getting somewhere....

I've got it now to when I double click on Lich it opens the SGE window for me to log in. When I do so, it takes me into the game but then I get a window that pops up and says:

Windows error:
unable to open the requested log file

I'm assuming it has something to do with me not getting Lich up.

Ardwen
06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
sounds like the game log isnt working, windows 7 issue likely

Zahori
06-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Looks like the path you use to log your game instances is wrong. I'm assuming your using sf, in whch case just click on one of the disk icons in your Windows window to turn it off, then click on it again and you should have to respecify the save location.

TheLastShamurai
06-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I've only recently downloaded Lich, and I've been getting that particular error for like two years. It even followed me to my new computer. So I'm kinda curious about it as well.

TheLastShamurai
06-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Looks like the path you use to log your game instances is wrong. I'm assuming your using sf, in whch case just click on one of the disk icons in your Windows window to turn it off, then click on it again and you should have to respecify the save location.

Rock on, that did the trick. Thanks!

Shari
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Alright, still don't know why this isn't working. I can log in now, and it *looks* like Lich is going fine but I can't run any of the commands. When I do I get this:

>;lnet help
--- Lich: unable to locate `c>;lnet'! If you're sure it exists, copy it to your Lich directory.

So my question is, do I need the Lich folder stored in the SIMU folder or in some other location?

Tillmen
06-14-2010, 10:53 PM
You're using Shaelun's version of Lich.

Shari
06-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Jesus Christ. I had no idea it was the wrong website. Thanks so much, I got it up and running!