PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 question

kookiegod
06-13-2010, 08:24 AM
I am having the oddest problem, and not sure whom to blame. I got a new ibuypower computer in January with win7 pro installed and recently, i got issues when I try to open a new tab, it just says connecting...and hangs.

Ditto if I try to click on a link on gmail, or other apps that try to open a new window. Even more curiously, if i leave pandora streaming, the window will die.

I assume its my ISP and a latency issue, and I should call at bitch @ Comcast, but before I waste a ton of time with Indian speaking techs who tell me to unplug the router and wait, and then reboot the computer (sheesh, I know that people...)

Any chance its my rig? A setting in win7 I can check (don't know as much as I should yet, but been busy with school and my new company setup).

Thanks~
~Paul

Celephais
06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
You should probably mention what browser you are using. Because you didn't I'm just going to assume IE. I would try another browser to verify a connection issue.

Asrial
06-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Contacting Comcast is going to be a waste of time.

Reset IE settings to default (both the advanced settings and the master reset) to start with.

Celephais also suggested a good step to try to pin down what's causing this.

kookiegod
06-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Yah, IE, ok, I'll do that and test out with Chrome and report back.

Celephais
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Contacting Comcast is going to be a waste of time.

God, could you imagine if he got Iorake on the phone... lol

Buckwheet
06-14-2010, 09:18 AM
God, could you imagine if he got Iorake on the phone... lol

/slit

radamanthys
06-14-2010, 09:36 AM
"I'm gonna ask you to reset your modem, refresh your IP and stop being a zionist dog."

It would be painful.

Celephais
06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
"I'm gonna ask you to reset your modem lol, refresh your IP lol and stop being a zionist dog lol."

It would be painful.

Fixed.