PDA

View Full Version : 2139 pages til

godShell
07-27-2003, 07:47 PM
So what does everyone think about openly speaking the experience required to gain their next level?

I went to Teras and I heard only good things about the place. That conception was shattered when I was surrounded by a group of powerhunting (no offense to powerhunters), slang using, mechanics speaking, sexual innuendo flinging hard-heads. Not only was every male approaching every female to cyber him, they would speak openly about their EXP. til level. They'd mask it though. "I have 1304 til" And I'd ask, til what? And they'd respond til I train. And I'd ask 1304 what? Then they'd say pages.

They saw this annoyed me, as I asked about it. So every couple minutes they'd update it. "1290 til" "1130 til" I whispered to them asking if they could keep the number talk in whispers, kindly. I even had the AIM of one person and was bitched out at for 'ruining their gaming experience' by asking them not to speak numbers.

Someone mentioned Amby here, as a good roleplayer. She was doing this number game, purposely to agitate the environment and myself. When I began to dispel her for it (Which I shouldn't have done, but past is past) she bitched and all her friends and family threatened to kill me.

So what's the general consensus of using numbers to inform the room of how much EXP til level you have? I think it's OOC and lame.

Taernath
07-27-2003, 08:07 PM
The whole euphamism thing (pages instead of experience points, gods instead of GMs) is so incredibly lame they may as well just use the original term. It doesn't fool anybody.

Crazed Sylvan
07-27-2003, 08:40 PM
The thing that gets me is this.. just think about how friggin big a 50,000 page book would be!

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Hahaha!

2139 pages til has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I'm going to make a new folder full of what Taernath so rightfully called "euphemisms".

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Kranar]

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Oh no, that gimp still plays?

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Teras Isle is a good place to hunt.. but one of the worst to actually roleplay. Idiot ratio is way too high. And if you whisper to an idiot to tell them to try and remember this is a roleplaying game, you get a WARN INTERACTION.