PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Help?

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 08:38 PM
So I'm attempting to log on to Gemstone via the hospital's public Wi-Fi rubbish.

I think there's something blocking me from logging on, though. This is on my laptop, and I installed the game launcher (I intend to use the Wizard FE). I then go to download the Wizard FE and it brings up the "launcher update utility" and then does nothing and finally gives me the error, "Unable to connect to sever. Check your internet connection".

I obviously have Internet access, or I wouldn't be on the GS4 website. I'm a n00b with computers -- do I have to change some setting when using a public Wi-Fi connection to play GS?

Fallen
06-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I would suggest E-scape, but people have been bitching up a storm on the officials how that shit is broken. I think you're fuck out of luck.

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I would suggest E-scape, but people have been bitching up a storm on the officials how that shit is broken. I think you're fuck out of luck.

Aw, man. Seriously? So it is some kind of connection problem with the Wi-Fi?

I'm down here for 3 fucking weeks. So much for playing Shattered.

Sam
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
open a cmd window and type telnet eaccess.play.net 7900 and tell me what happens

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 08:43 PM
open a cmd window and type telnet eaccess.play.net 7900 and tell em what happens

Sorry, this laptop has stupid Vista -- where the heck is the CMD window in Vista?

LMingrone
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing places like hospitals block alot of shit. You could try plugging in (doubt that will work), or maybe going through a proxy (doubt that will work). last option would be to get a card, but even that probably won't work. Hospitals around me are built like Faraday Cages.

Sam
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
windowskey + r , then type cmd

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
windowskey + r , then type cmd

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Home>telnet eaccess.play.net 7900
'telnet' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm guessing places like hospitals block alot of shit. You could try plugging in (doubt that will work), or maybe going through a proxy (doubt that will work). last option would be to get a card, but even that probably won't work. Hospitals around me are built like Faraday Cages.

Damn. I weep at this information. This Internet is 10,000x faster than the "fastest" one I can get in the country where I live. I just went to the "Angry Video Game Nerd's" latest 20 minute video and it downloaded in less than a minute. At home, I downloaded a 15 minute video of his in about 10 minutes.

Stupid country living.

It lets me download videos, but I can't play GS?! What the mother truck.

Sam
06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
hit me up on AIM

and do this: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1793/vista_install_telnet_client/

LMingrone
06-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, sorry bout that. There is probably some way to log in, but you'll need someone to do the sniffing around. And I can't telnet in, even with the best connection. Find the nerdiest person you can find where you are and tell them to look at your comp.. There's always some workaround, although the latency might suck.

Liberi Fatali
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
hit me up on AIM

and do this: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1793/vista_install_telnet_client/

I can't figure out how to add a buddy on this AIM express rubbish. Can you IM me at WILWIL05?

Pulpit
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I know when I tried to use the wizard on my computer with vista, it wouldn't work. There is something with the wizard program. I had to use my old computer with XP and it worked fine. That might be the problem

There were comments in the gemstone forms about vista and the wizard not working right, and no fix was figured out at that time. its under the Wizard forms under Gemstone

Sam
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
worry not citizens, i have saved the day. Now someone give Tabor some help with Lich. He sucks.

phantasm
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
tech support guy != emperor of the world

g++
06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
worry not citizens, i have saved the day. Now someone give Tabor some help with Lich. He sucks.

You got Tabor back into gemstone and you think this is a good thing why? :)