PDA

View Full Version : PsiSage Scripting

TheThirdEye
06-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Been writing lots of scripts for SF recently but I have sorta hit a wall. There only so much that can be done with FE scripting. Now I am looking at Sage and well, the shit is complex. I wonder if anyone knows of a good tutorial I can take a look at. I also wouldn't mind checking out some sample scripts writen for PsiSage.

Sometimes seeing how someone else solved a problem can help me come up with ways on how to solve my own.

Drew
06-10-2010, 01:24 AM
If you want more help with advance scripting I'd recommend using Lich.

Murkshev
06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Not sure if you have read this yet, posting it so you can see alot of the functions for Sage scripting. I been trying to convert a few of my SF into Sage. Hope this helps.

http://psinet.dynalias.net/wiki/index.php/SageScript

TheThirdEye
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Not sure if you have read this yet, posting it so you can see alot of the functions for Sage scripting. I been trying to convert a few of my SF into Sage. Hope this helps.

http://psinet.dynalias.net/wiki/index.php/SageScript

Thanks for the link but I have been reading the hell out of that page lately. I am still having a hard time understanding most of the concepts. I'll just keep at it and try out some test scripts.

I was looking at the special variables and thought they would be very useful but they don't appear to contain any strings that are usable. For example; I have written a regular script for SF that looks for any items dropped by a recently killed critter. If it sees any it will store my weapon/shield, opens a container, picks up the item, stow it in the container, closes the container and finally readies a weapon/shield.

I am sure you can imagine the inherent problems with writing such a script for SF with the tools provided. The match list is long and the matches don't always work as intended. Yesterday it would not pick up a strongbox because it thought it was a box. Everyday, the match list gets longer and longer. I know that a Sage script would make this work a lot smoother and error free but I can't figure out how I would apply the special variables to make it happen.

TheThirdEye
06-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Nevermind