PDA

View Full Version : Artisan Skills

Senglent
06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Alright I figured some of us have been playing long enough that we are at or close to the point of mastering certain skills.

So if you have mastered and want business or if you're looking for something how about we hook all that up here?

Just FYI master fletcher and got about 10 ranks to go for crafting then working for a perfect hammer before starting weapon types. Obviously going to start OHE first, then probably on to two handers unless some one asks me to do something else first instead.

GS4 Bard
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
OHB!!!!

JohnDoe
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Out of curiousity, how much EXP does crafting and forging generate?

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
IIRC you get the rank you earned in experience, so 1-500 would yield 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 499 + 500 = 501 * 250 = 125,250 for each skill.

Eoghain
06-09-2010, 08:59 PM
i mastered fletching on 2 characters and am at about 400 ranks of Crafting on each. Is it even worth it to try to make two perfect hammers with two characters? I'm really only doing it for the exp while I'm afk.

Marl
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
IIRC you get the rank you earned in experience, so 1-500 would yield 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 499 + 500 = 501 * 250 = 125,250 for each skill.

after you master one artisian skill you only get half exp i think though

Senglent
06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
i mastered fletching on 2 characters and am at about 400 ranks of Crafting on each. Is it even worth it to try to make two perfect hammers with two characters? I'm really only doing it for the exp while I'm afk.

It's only worth it if you have two seperate accounts and can have them script making weapons together.

If your just looking for the Exp out of it while AFK then it's not worth it to make a perfect hammer, as you don't get any Exp for the vise.

So it depends on if you plan on making weapons for resale purposes in Shattered or not. If you are I would probably take them in as a group to one workshop together and have one make the blades and the other the hilt/handle and then have the crafter vise them. So you have half the workshop cost and you can just script them to hand the pieces off to each other and plink out weapons as fast as your guy can hammer the blades/heads.

Also if your looking to level fast scripting Artisan skills is NOT the way to go, it may be easy and have a great mechanics benefit while AFK though. I just always liked seeing my own crafting mark on stuff. Next comes the wizard to enchant them up.

Senglent
06-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Alright If anyone needs it Master blacksmith of OHE's and 300 ranks on brawling.

If you have something you want made in OHE yet, toss me a line.

My script runs non-stop so I should have brawling done in about another week and then on to two-handers unless someone comes up with something.

Someone said Blunts a few posts up but they never contacted me so I didn't know if they were joking or not.

IorakeWarhammer
06-28-2010, 11:00 AM
need an OHB made, PM me.

Makkah
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Senglent, did you make a magic-metal hammer?

Senglent
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah I made a mithril one, My wedding is tomorrow so I have about 4 minutes to check crap on the internet for the next 48 hours.

I also managed to master(?) Brawling (I have 498 ranks as of now but by the time I come back my script should have mastered and moved on to OHB's)

So mastercraftsmen, fletcher, OHE's, Brawling (atleast before I get a chance to check or do anything I should be).

If you want something made just toss a PM, I won't start it for a couple days but I can write a script to work out a perfect then have me go back to learning weapon types.

JustDan
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Three master craftmen, master fletchers. Two mastered OHE and OHB. One mastered THW. Second was working on brawling, and has like 440 ranks there.

Problem is... it takes a while to make a perfect, and about a billion "whiles" to make a vultite perfect. It's ridiculous (and expensive, materials-wise). Until I get my wizard up to enchanting them up to 4x, I haven't done more than the one perfect dagger (which I use to disarm scale traps), just to say I did it. Probably not taking on requests, unless you're willing to overpay for the time I have to take away from leveling my guys up.

Senglent
07-02-2010, 03:22 PM
If your MA'ing I would do different weapon types to cover the spectrum and just have the one script hilt's and vising as a craftsman. Just seems like a better use of time to me.

Seran
07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I've mastered crafting and THW on one account.

Liagala
07-02-2010, 10:11 PM
My wedding is tomorrow.
Congratulations!

Tilnam
07-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Going to be interesting when people start disarming perfect weapons

Senglent
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Going to be interesting when people start disarming perfect weapons

I'd agree but with how many people are scripting blacksmithing I don't see a shortage of perfects happening.(especially if you are using my master artisan script, as long as you got the coin in the bank you go through every weapon type, and if you want a perfect I have one to try till you make a perfect then go back to learning weapon types)

I do see some people refusing to sell to certain people, but I don't see a shortage of them getting made.

Senglent
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Congratulations!

Thanks and as someone who did it themselves I would say it's probably a lot less headache to just piss away the money and higher someone to do it all for you. I can say that wedding planners and everyone earn their money setting everything up for you.

It cost me a lot less doing most of it myself with my soon to be wife but I would have payed someone else to deal with the crap if I had known is all I'm saying.

HJFudge
07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
For what its worth, about to master Polearms. Should have it mastered by this weekend.

IorakeWarhammer
07-03-2010, 12:23 AM
good mordie i need a perfect vultite lance for my bard. make sure you let me know where you're scripting AFK overnight so I can pick it up. thx in advance.

Cthulu
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Master in warrior tricks. Will make warrior sheaths for 100k. You must provide leather and cover costs.

And yes, I will sell to enemies.