PDA

View Full Version : policy?

Fatsix
06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Is abuse of game mechanics against policy?

Bhaalizmo
06-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Indeed.

Liberi Fatali
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
There's a group of Empath, Sorcerer and some other profession resting at my location, and they have a script set up that has the Sorcerer blood burst himself, and then the Empath heals them.

I've seen it running constantly since I started playing. I imagine he's probably level 50 by now.

AnticorRifling
06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I doubt he's 50, and I doubt that's considered mechanics abuse in Shattered.

HJFudge
06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Thats not considered mechanics abuse in shattered. However checking in and out of the inn, to adjust your HP through PF ranks or constitution or whatever, is.

thecapm
06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I think it depends on what you mean by "game mechanics". If you have an empath/sorcerer combination as described, or something of the like that is normally mechanically possible, that'd be okay.

If you find a creature that you can skin multiple times, or find and item that you can somehow sell infinitely for unlimited silvers, that'd be in the realm of "bug abuse" and someone would certainly put a stop to it if they found out.

Liagala
06-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I doubt he's 50, and I doubt that's considered mechanics abuse in Shattered.

Correct on both accounts. I've been doing the exact same thing at a table (about half the time, instead of constantly like that one) and I'm not even titled yet. Also, GMs specifically stated that using a sorcerer to blood burst and healing with an empath is okay (as is any similar sort of script), on the officials. The mechanics abuse that ISN'T okay is abusing actual bugs, or using mechanics in a way that isn't intended - like using the insta-migration to take PF ranks away, add them back, and heal the "blood loss."

Edit: Between my sig and Anticor's edit reason above, I'm really beginning to wonder here.

Gnomon
06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
There's a group of Empath, Sorcerer and some other profession resting at my location, and they have a script set up that has the Sorcerer blood burst himself, and then the Empath heals them.

I've seen it running constantly since I started playing. I imagine he's probably level 50 by now.

That isnt against policy in Shattered. Clearly stated on the officials. Empaths are sitting around healing emos all over the place.

Liberi Fatali
06-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Thats not considered mechanics abuse in shattered. However checking in and out of the inn, to adjust your HP through PF ranks or constitution or whatever, is.

Elaborate on this. What does this accomplish?

Liberi Fatali
06-08-2010, 11:51 AM
That isnt against policy in Shattered. Clearly stated on the officials. Empaths are sitting around healing emos all over the place.

I know. I never said it was against policy. I've read it several times BEFORE Shattered was even released that this was okay to do. I just thought it was the appropriate place to mention this, though.

AnticorRifling
06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Elaborate on this. What does this accomplish?

Coming out of the inn with an HP imbalance that an empath can heal.

Liberi Fatali
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Coming out of the inn with an HP imbalance that an empath can heal.

Ohhh. My, that's clever. I would never have thought of that. I've never really had an Empath, I suppose.

Fatsix
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
MADAM and Ron, Ron fries his nerves, madam heals

Cervina and Blood, blood spurts, and cervina heals.

wouldnt be so bad if they would adjust their scripts to heal the people that need healing.

But in GS4 its against policy to shatter someone, then heal the wounds you inflicted. SO i guess since its self inflicted it dont matter.

Its just real fucking cheap, kinda sad.

TSC is sancted and they keep their groups closed so you cant do anything about it.

pabstblueribbon
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Thats Inspire/Glanvis/Kizun etcetera.

Liberi Fatali
06-08-2010, 07:37 PM
MADAM and Ron, Ron fries his nerves, madam heals

Cervina and Blood, blood spurts, and cervina heals.

wouldnt be so bad if they would adjust their scripts to heal the people that need healing.

But in GS4 its against policy to shatter someone, then heal the wounds you inflicted. SO i guess since its self inflicted it dont matter.

Its just real fucking cheap, kinda sad.

TSC is sancted and they keep their groups closed so you cant do anything about it.

I know of a bug that can break permanent sanctuaries, but I cannot accomplish it until level 25. I use(d) it a lot in Prime with Jenovadeath.