PDA

View Full Version : GoS or CoL

JohnDoe
06-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Not much experience with Guardians of Sunfist. Opinions on what works best for a paladin that's training in two handed or polearms.

Androidpk
06-06-2010, 01:58 PM
GoS is awesome for paladins.

Sylvan Dreams
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
GoS has more useful abilities. It can be difficult to master and does take time. The sigils do not last long and require babysitting, though I am on Lich now so I believe there are scripts that will manage the sigils for me.

CoL has a lot of signs that are redundant, but it is very easy and quick to Master. The signs don't last all that long but the duration grows with your level. At cap, signs last about 17 minutes.

FWIW, my paladin was originally in CoL and switched to GoS.

IorakeWarhammer
06-06-2010, 04:48 PM
GoS is a buttload of work but it owns

TheLastShamurai
06-06-2010, 07:00 PM
In my opinion, GoS is the mechanically superior society. In many ways it can also be the superior society for roleplay as well; you can take a real, active part in the society's mission as well as gain rewards for doing so.

For myself, this society has also become such an ingrained piece of how I hunt, I'm not sure what I would do without it. Firstly, it serves as a huge Plan B for when the AvG insists on giving me shitty tasks. Secondly, I can't even tell you how many times during a hunt I use Sigil of Power; which is made even more awesome by my continual use of 1607.

And that's without even factoring in the awesomeness of the protection sigils and Sigil of Determination.

Zahori
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
In my opinion, GoS is the mechanically superior society. In many ways it can also be the superior society for roleplay as well; you can take a real, active part in the society's mission as well as gain rewards for doing so.

For myself, this society has also become such an ingrained piece of how I hunt, I'm not sure what I would do without it. Firstly, it serves as a huge Plan B for when the AvG insists on giving me shitty tasks.

GoS tasks are very nice to do in conjunction with bounties. The society is nice mostly because it was designed with today's type of gameplay in mind, whereas CoL and Voln still follow the level 1/2/3 setup the old spell lists had.

Guarrin
06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Gos. Hands down. Gives me a place to hunt without traveling.

IorakeWarhammer
06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
question: when warcamps always swarm, what does the average newb (like me) do to stay alive? just basically kill everything before it can amass itself in the room?

Fallen
06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
question: when warcamps always swarm, what does the average newb (like me) do to stay alive? just basically kill everything before it can amass itself in the room?

Tactics will vary according to your profession, but basically two good rules of thumb are to stay near the entrance, and to wear as many outside spells as possible (Haste and WoF go a looong ways). For clearing camp tasks, I imagine these will be the most difficult in Shattered, as most will advise you team up with a group to whittle down camps faster, and more efficiently.

JohnDoe
06-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Is it difficult to script through the GoS tasks? Didn't see any scripts in the repo that jumped out at me to help with this.